Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:14 AM

It looks so shiny and epic! wow.png

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

Now...

Let the world start ending...

#3 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

I love John Cusack, so Im looking forward to this movie... just for the cusack...aawwwright.

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#4 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:08 AM

Rolland Emmerich is a hack director and this movie looks horrible, and I dunno about most people but I am sick to death of the 12/21/12 bs.

uc.png

#5 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:12 AM

But...but...the Cusack!

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#6 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Jun 29 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But...but...the Cusack!

One actor can't save a whole movie. I like Cusack but he is never consistent when it comes to good and bad movies, one moment he'll do a great movie like s High Fidelity then next he does a sh*tty movie like Must Love Dogs.

uc.png

#7 Tahaji

Tahaji

MoneyPenny

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:30 AM

But I loved Must Love Dogs! Mushy love story...WITH DOGGIES! *foams*

To each his own with movies, but no sweat, I think this movie will be decent, at least effects wise.

tahajiXcloud (MY AZN)

#8 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Tahaji @ Jun 29 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I loved Must Love Dogs! Mushy love story...WITH DOGGIES! *foams*

To each his own with movies, but no sweat, I think this movie will be decent, at least effects wise.

Effects don't make a movie either, especially a movie with a subject like this. Look at Emmerich's other works like ID4, BC and The Day After Tomorrow, all big budget blockbusters all extraordinarily stupid.

uc.png

#9 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Effects don't make a movie either, especially a movie with a subject like this. Look at Emmerich's other works like ID4, BC and The Day After Tomorrow, all big budget blockbusters all extraordinarily stupid.

Well to be honest, you can't really expect much from movies in this time period. Movies are getting worse every year and to the majority of America, as long as it's cool looking and action packed, couldn't care less about the actual plot. People these days get too bored and confused with complicated plot lines, so they dumb it down to where it's only flashy effects and action. I think this is going to be a good movie compaired to some other major fails and dispite what some people say, i think it will get decent reviews.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#10 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 29 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One actor can't save a whole movie.

inb4 Heath Ledger

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 29 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

inb4 Transformers

and I liked Day After Tomorrow! The transitions were pretty awesome imo :teehee:
anyway, OOHHHHHHHHH MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI YES. I saw the preview yesterday and I just glee'd.

Can't wait can't wait wow.png EVEN after I was pretty disappointed when I found out there was an actual plot in the movie; I just wanna see complete chaos :/ though eh I guess an 'end-of-the-world' movie has to have a 'loved ones are most important' lesson to be taught XD

#11 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:12 AM

inb4 Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger didn't make The Dark Knight, the whole cast made the movie Heath Ledger (RIP) was just the focal point because of his death and his performance.

inb4 Transformers

At least Transformers has 3-Dimensional characters, all of Roland Emmerich's movies have characters that are flat and completely uninteresting.

uc.png

#12 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:25 AM

I'm with Tahaji and Krisky on this one. tongue.gif I wanna see it~! and I hope it makes the Day Before Yesterday seem like ancient history!
w00t.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#13 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:29 AM

Isn't it weird that they made a movie about the possible end of all mankind...?

oh well.
looks cool.

#14 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:31 AM

There are plenty of movies already about the end of mankind. And c'mon, the white house get's demolished with a battleship and then gets hit with a tsunami! so what's not to like? Before this was an alien spaceship with a huge laser destroying the white house, how 20th century is that!?

Edited by Nee-sama, 30 June 2009 - 04:32 AM.

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#15 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 30 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are plenty of movies already about the end of mankind. And c'mon, the white house get's demolished with a battleship and then gets hit with a tsunami! so what's not to like? Before this was an alien spaceship with a huge laser destroying the white house, how 20th century is that!?

Yeah but this one is based on an actual 'theory' *if we can even call it that* so it feels kind of weird seeing it. I only liked the part about the White House, but I'm not big into the 'I'm gonna die-so let's see a movie about it!' thing so I'll pass. XD

#16 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rolland Emmerich is a hack director and this movie looks horrible, and I dunno about most people but I am sick to death of the 12/21/12 bs.

Gee, Ed. Tell us how you REALLY feel rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I rather enjoyed Independence Day and Day After Tomorrow.

QUOTE (Sora no Senshi @ Jun 29 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well to be honest, you can't really expect much from movies in this time period. Movies are getting worse every year and to the majority of America, as long as it's cool looking and action packed, couldn't care less about the actual plot. People these days get too bored and confused with complicated plot lines, so they dumb it down to where it's only flashy effects and action. I think this is going to be a good movie compaired to some other major fails and dispite what some people say, i think it will get decent reviews.

Well duur errm umm I so sorry. I just a dumb person durr

rolleyes.gif

My god, would you and Ed lighten up. Not every movie that people want to watch must be the equivalent of an Einstein theory. People go to the movies to *gasp* have fun. *Shock* What a concept omfg.gif

The attitudes that both you and Ed have towards movies have *always* irked me. I'm sorry. Sometimes I like 'flashy effects and action.' And to say that the 'majority' of people are too 'dumb' to understand a 'complicated' plot is rather arrogant, and actually a rather ignorant statement to make.

But I digress.

QUOTE (krisk @ Jun 29 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't wait can't wait wow.png EVEN after I was pretty disappointed when I found out there was an actual plot in the movie; I just wanna see complete chaos :/ though eh I guess an 'end-of-the-world' movie has to have a 'loved ones are most important' lesson to be taught XD

QUOTE (Nee-sama @ Jun 30 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with Tahaji and Krisky on this one. tongue.gif I wanna see it~! and I hope it makes the Day Before Yesterday seem like ancient history!
w00t.gif

QUOTE (Dark @ Jun 30 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Isn't it weird that they made a movie about the possible end of all mankind...?

oh well.
looks cool.

111191.gif you guys for just seeing a FUN looking movie, and not taking everything so dang seriously about watching it =3

#17 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

HEY SHAUNA!

WHERE'S MY ARMAGEDDON? rawr.gif

I LOST IT!

#18 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 30 2009, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My god, would you and Ed lighten up. Not every movie that people want to watch must be the equivalent of an Einstein theory. People go to the movies to *gasp* have fun. *Shock* What a concept omfg.gif

The attitudes that both you and Ed have towards movies have *always* irked me. I'm sorry. Sometimes I like 'flashy effects and action.' And to say that the 'majority' of people are too 'dumb' to understand a 'complicated' plot is rather arrogant, and actually a rather ignorant statement to make.

First off, this was probably my first and only movie review, so i don't see how i could have "irked" you in the past.

Second, i said i thought the movie looked good, so i don't see why your looking at me like i have something against the movie.

Finally, the comment about people disliking comlicated plots was taken more out of hand than i intened when i wrote it. I never called anyone dumb, what i had said was the majority of America, atleast in my opinion, would rather watch flashy actiony films (which i also enjoy watching) than movies with complicated plots that require thinking. I never called anyone dumb. I have nothing against you Shuana, but next time, please reread my comment before claming im arrogant and/or ignorant.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (Sora no Senshi @ Jun 30 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First off, this was probably my first and only movie review, so i don't see how i could have "irked" you in the past.

Second, i said i thought the movie looked good, so i don't see why your looking at me like i have something against the movie.

Finally, the comment about people disliking comlicated plots was taken more out of hand than i intened when i wrote it. I never called anyone dumb, what i had said was the majority of America, atleast in my opinion, would rather watch flashy actiony films (which i also enjoy watching) than movies with complicated plots that require thinking. I never called anyone dumb. I have nothing against you Shuana, but next time, please reread my comment before claming im arrogant and/or ignorant.

You have your opinions about movies, and I do mine. Everyone is entitled. You stated your beliefs, I stated mine. Thats the wonder and beauty of debate.

So number 1, I never said that you irked me 'in the past'. I said that 'attitudes' like the ones Ed and you expressed about movies irked me. But that's my prerogative for them to, just as whatever irks you is yours. And next time when making a statement make sure to put IMO, as a statement like that can't be taken as anything other than how it looks. Text is only black and white, and I still disagree with you when you say that the 'majority' of America essentially can't handle 'complicated' movies. And I have nothing against you either. You're fully entitled to your opinions. Just please note that I also never called you arrogant or ignorant. I said that the statements that you were making seemed so, without anything to back them up. There was no 'imo' and no facts/stats about the so-called 'majority' of people who would prefer to watch 'flashy movies' over 'complicated' ones.

#20 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

i thinks it fine if people are opinionated about the movie, theres no reason to be bothered by it. Personally, Ive had my fill of disaster movies. Id like too them top the guy getting whacked by a billboard in the day after tommorow though. Which btw was based on another theory on the possible ending of mankind
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users