34 replies to this topic

#1 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

i know probably some of you don't care for korra anymore but david faustino voice of mako says this arc's finale is ridiculous which to me translates to very awesome the finale will be streamed today on nick.com at 9am pst and 12pm est again i know probably some of you don't care for her anymore but who knows maybe this finale will change your opinion of her :)

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#2 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

Well, after today, I will start watching again. I had little time before, but now, I have time to watch this.

#3 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

Well, after today, I will start watching again. I had little time before, but now, I have time to watch this.

i see

#4 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

I actually haven't watched Legend of Korra. Is it any good?

#5 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

They better not pull another freaking deus ex machina, almost every season, every freaking season they have pulled one in the finale. For gods sake, this season will continue into the 4th one, if you think about it, yes almost every season of avatar in the original and current series has had some deus ex machina for getting out of the crisis and well, its just gotten annoying at this part, I just cannot take a finale seriously when they have stuff like this.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#6 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

They better not pull another freaking deus ex machina, almost every season, every freaking season they have pulled one in the finale. For gods sake, this season will continue into the 4th one, if you think about it, yes almost every season of avatar in the original and current series has had some deus ex machina for getting out of the crisis and well, its just gotten annoying at this part, I just cannot take a finale seriously when they have stuff like this.

Lol I was about to say that. Honest to God, I was about to say that. 3 in a row. Now, I haven't follow season 3 but I do wonder if there's room for one. Well, I'll catch up quick. It's becoming the OP thing where they keep saying they died, only to say, "We're alive!"

#7 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Its not just korra, all the seasons of both series essentially have it:

The last airbender?

Season 1: The moon spirit is killed by zhao but revived convinently by Yui who has part of its power, while aang just goes into Koi-zilla mode with the ocean spirit and wrecks the fire navy. I give this one leanency because it was the first and these things were mentioned in episode 18.

Season 2: Aang is shot down by Azula when he is in the avatar state, katara saves him with spirit water, this is the only one that is not an asspull, you knew she had the stuff since the start of season 2 and then finally used it. I give this one no issue. It was saved for an emergency and it was an emergency.

Season 3: Aang beats Ozai by activating the avatar state, it activites just by that rock hitting his spine in the one direct essental area to unleash it. This fight became so one sided, I was a little sad when it turned to this. As for energy bending well, it was both a kids network show and aang couldnt kill as it was his philosophy so energy bending came around as a means to disable Ozai from bending. But that avatar state stuff was such a cop-out.

Korra season 1: Yes she got airbending but dear god in the last 2 minutes, she finally meets aang and gets the knowledge of energy bending, restored all other elements, and control over the avatar spirit. Meeting aang was fine but just getting all this back at once to also undo amons damage, my god.

Korra season 2: This is the one I freaking hate most, the one I freaking just loathe. I liked the fight with Vattu but apparently Korra's spirit is so strong that she can make a huge monster spirit of herself face the dark avatar and also Jinora just happens to be able to find Raava resurfacing in Vaatu and then restore the avatar again after for once the avatar was non-existent. Just my god, enough of this.

Korra is not a bad series and I am glad we don't have a main evil water bender for once but enough of these asspulls and deus ex machinas, its a cheap escape, its just how the hell can these guys make a good story but no good ending? They play it safe way too much and just throw an escape latter to every situation in the end. This is just stupid and tiresome, avatar is good but it is notorious for just asspulling solutions to its problems almost every end of season.

#8 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'm watching of coarse because I need to know what happened to Tenzin, my god he was a  beast!!!

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#9 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Is Korra still obnoxious? 

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#10 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

Is Korra still obnoxious? 

I think she was worse in book 2, she seems fine to me, Mako is the one with problems now.

#11 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

huh well, saw it and well, yeah i wasnt impressed, they pulled this kitten again, seriously... again...

Oh god, its just terrible at this point... always an easy way out.

#12 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

huh well, saw it and well, yeah i wasnt impressed, they pulled this kitten again, seriously... again...

lol I still wanted the prequel to be about Aang and the gang. Oh well.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#13 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

i knew you were gonna say that lol

#14 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

lol I still wanted the prequel to be about Aang and the gang. Oh well.

despite your hate with the series korra has matured since book 1

#15 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

despite your hate with the series korra has matured since book 1

Awesome!  :D

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#16 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:13 PM

I love it, every anime I love (and I know legend of Korra is not a anime but...) it all has this elements in it, the so called "asspulls", and it honestly doesn't bother me much as long as they explain it, and they do.

It's all good. :D

Ps, I love this series so much, I'm going to marathron the whole thing again! Honestly I think it's better the the first series, although I will always love the first series, I really enjoy the new cast and the new stories.

To each their own, it's my kind of show that's for sure! :D

Edited by KeikoxYusuke, 22 August 2014 - 08:18 PM.

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#17 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Just finished the last 5 episodes. I thought this was a great season, better than book 2, but not as good as book 1. Anyway, I'm still a big fan of this series and look forward to the next season.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#18 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

I agree with KeikoxYusuke and Burning_wulf I have enjoyed the series thus far and you can bet I will watch next season as well. 

#19 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

I love it, every anime I love (and I know legend of Korra is not a anime but...) it all has this elements in it, the so called "asspulls", and it honestly doesn't bother me much as long as they explain it, and they do.

It's all good. :D

Ps, I love this series so much, I'm going to marathron the whole thing again! Honestly I think it's better the the first series, although I will always love the first series, I really enjoy the new cast and the new stories.

To each their own, it's my kind of show that's for sure! :D

thats good keiko so do i

#20 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

I think she was worse in book 2, she seems fine to me, Mako is the one with problems now.

I actually don't think Mako did anything wrong this season. wow. This season really was one big apology for the crap they served us last year.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users