Close
Photo

Chapter 296 Discussion (Scanlation, RAW, Script)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#41 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:29 PM

What's the time frame on that bet Smiter or are you just saying eventually?

And I agree, Kabuto is rather interesting, I don't think I should have left him out of my favorites list.

Your probably right, for some, kids may not be enough. Sakura could always get a divorce or have an affair. That tempts me to make a reference to that post in the rant thread, but it speaks for itself, I think.

#42 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:39 PM

My time frame is this arc. tongue.gif I definitely believe we'll see a talk at least within the next few chapters.

If they go off on their next mission without resolving things (at least making Naruto realise Sakura cares about him and stopping him using Kyuubi so easily), I'll resign myself to writing the SasuSaku fic.

Don't let me down, Kishimoto...

#43 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:56 PM

I don't see any reason why it can't happen, it would be unfortunate for him to waste all of this buildup. I simply doesn't have the same impact if his delay in resolving it is excessively long.

But, I imagine, that you'll be imitating your avatar if you lose that bet.

#44 Urazz

Urazz

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Feb 24 2006, 11:56 AM)
I don't see any reason why it can't happen, it would be unfortunate for him to waste all of this buildup. I simply doesn't have the same impact if his delay in resolving it is excessively long.

But, I imagine, that you'll be imitating your avatar if you lose that bet.

I'll also appreciate if you give me a heads up when you are gonna put the SasuSaku fic up. I wanna stay off the internet for a few days. It's probably going to get a bit messy. biggrin.gif

And I agree, it would be a waste for Kishimoto to waste all this buildup without at least something happening. He can't delay things for too long or people will get too frustrated.
Urazz: Hey sis what's going on?
Urazz's Sister: I cut myself.
Urazz: Take it like a man even if your a woman.
Urazz's Sister: Ok!
*Urazz's Sister kicks Urazz in the groin.*
Urazz: $%^&*#
Urazz's Sister: I dunno. I'm sure it's much better to take it like a woman. That was evidence to support my theory.
*Urazz whimpers like a baby*

#45 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:07 PM

If all else fails, Smiter could always write a parody SasuSaku fic. smile.gif

'Rofl Sakura, I have fallen in teh lovez0rz with you!'

#46 Ani

Ani

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

LMAO! 111189.gif A parody SasuSaku fic! Thats what you should do, Smiter. XD

Simply Love members aren't in denial. They dont find this romantic in any sense. Everyone that has a couple they like usually think any other couple isn't possible. They still think SasuSaku is going to happen. The thing with this is we dont know how Sakura's feelings for Sasuke stand. She did punch Sai for talking bad about Sasuke. But thats the only thing we have seen for Part 2, other than she still calls him Sasuke-kun. But calling someone with a suffix can mean either romantic or friendly. Notice how Hinata calls Kiba, Kiba-kun? So it also depends on how you look at it.

Thats just from me though.

#47 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Feb 24 2006, 08:46 AM)
"Even with this scene, I don't feel threatened by NaruSaku."

WTF? th_cussing.gif
idiots :| Just trying to stick to their poor opinion

#48 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:54 AM

Kabuto could've been doing it to protect Orochimaru.

As someone was reminding me on another board, Orochimaru didn't really seem up to continuing the fight. Kabuto probably knew that he didn't have tons of stamina in that body and he saw that the sword didn't do a heckuva lot other than knock Naruto back. He might've been pushing Sakura's buttons to ensure that Naruto be distracted from the fight (although he had already spent a bit of time just standing around) and possibly get Yamato off his back for a bit as well.

And I'm sure that he's going to want to use it against Sasuke sometime to try and twist the knife. Try and convince him that it means they've betrayed his friendship. Whether or not he falls for it is another question. Sometimes, he's insightful, but Itachi and Orochimaru didn't have much trouble pushing his buttons. Itachi's manipulations seem to have backfired though.

#49 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:25 AM

I just have one question about 296, now that I think about it. Exactly what the heck was Orochimaru using to get away from the fight? He left his body there, so would that mean he used a snake to get away. Also, if that's the case do they have another three years to save Sasuke? Honestly, this question has been plaguing my mind for a while now.

#50 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Jameshawking @ Feb 24 2006, 10:25 PM)
I just have one question about 296, now that I think about it.  Exactly what the heck was Orochimaru using to get away from the fight?  He left his body there, so would that mean he used a snake to get away.  Also, if that's the case do they have another three years to save Sasuke?  Honestly, this question has been plaguing my mind for a while now.

Orochimaru performed his "spit up a fresh new body" jutsu for a third time, repairing any injuries the Kyuubi loogie did to his previous form. Orochimaru has yet to actually escape, as he is still in the same area talking to Sai. And I think that they still have only 6 months maximum to rescue Sasuke; Orochimaru's new body no jutsu isn't an actual transfer, since it just makes a new body based on the old one and leaves the old one behind as a cast-off skin.

#51 Jameshawking

Jameshawking

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (NeoSapien @ Feb 24 2006, 09:48 PM)
QUOTE (Jameshawking @ Feb 24 2006, 10:25 PM)
I just have one question about 296, now that I think about it.  Exactly what the heck was Orochimaru using to get away from the fight?  He left his body there, so would that mean he used a snake to get away.  Also, if that's the case do they have another three years to save Sasuke?  Honestly, this question has been plaguing my mind for a while now.

Orochimaru performed his "spit up a fresh new body" jutsu for a third time, repairing any injuries the Kyuubi loogie did to his previous form. Orochimaru has yet to actually escape, as he is still in the same area talking to Sai. And I think that they still have only 6 months maximum to rescue Sasuke; Orochimaru's new body no jutsu isn't an actual transfer, since it just makes a new body based on the old one and leaves the old one behind as a cast-off skin.

Ah, okay. Thanks. i was really confused by that because it really looks like a snake is coming out of him. Chances are a new body isn't in the form of a snake.

Edited by Nick Soapdish, 25 February 2006 - 05:17 AM.

#52 Grengo

Grengo

Dance Dance

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Anime, soccer, running, reading, blah blah blah

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:17 AM

Well, I finally saw this chapter and.....

damn that was awesome. I loved how Sakura pretty much completely broke down upon seeing the lengths of what Naruto will do to fulfill his promise to her and what she pleaded out to him in response.

And I find Kabuto to be the most interesting and mysterious individual in the Naruto world, much more so than Itachi and the rest of the Akatsuki (and he's been shown a lot more than them biggrin.gif). He is one slick character.

#53 NeoSapien

NeoSapien

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:33 AM

Well, great. Now we're having a flame war by mutual lurking. dry.gif

#54 Hinano

Hinano

NaruSaku Lurker

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:47 AM

XD everyone look in our fanart gallery! I drew a pic dedicated to this chapter! XD

#55 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:33 AM

*Squees/flails/fangirls* a_spaz.gif

Click For Spoiler
OMG! OMG! O...M...G!! *Glomps Chapter 296 to death* th_glomp.gif

I am so happy right now, I hardly know what to do with myself!! XD

There were just so many juicy, wonderful moments in this chapter!
Sakura clutching her heart in apparent pain over what Naruto had become...Sakura crying tears of sorrow for him...Sakura running heedlessly into the fight between Naru and Oro in a desperate attempt to stop Naruto...*sighs in blissful happiness* laugh.gif

This chapter was well worth the wait, and now I can't wait for chapter 297 to come out! a_spaz.gif

#56 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

So you finally saw the chapter, Shauna-chan and Grengo? XD Good, isn't it? wink.gif

AnimeGirl, while I do agree that the chapter itself isn't romance in the pure sense, it does - as you know - point at another important development in the relationship between Naruto and Sakura, and should bring them closer together. happy.gif

I don't expect them to start tickling each others' tonsils anytime soon, but I do expect there to be a change in their relationship - namely Naruto realising Sakura cares about him and being pulled back from the darkness. Just as he has always been there for her, now she is there for him.

#57 Moridin

Moridin

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:28 PM

296 = <3

so much Narusaku goodness, from Sakura's perspective as well smile.gif

I'm hoping that Naruto will have conscioussness long enough next chapter to say 'sorry, Sakura-chan' then pass out, then Sakura can heal him and hug him while he's not aware.

#58 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 25 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

Yes, I have finally caught up, Iain-kun biggrin.gif

Click For Spoiler
Now my question is, will Naruto realize what he did to Sakura at the end of this chapter when he hurt her in 4-tailed Kyuubi mode?
And will we get that omg-Sakura-chan-I'm-so-sorry-that-I-hurt-you-angst-angst-angst moment that we have all been waiting for? biggrin.gif

#59 Moridin

Moridin

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:18 PM

I hope he is partially aware, its a shame kabuto healed sakura's arm. if Naruto had seen the claw marks there he'd have been traumatised.

Does everyone think Naruto will be completely out cold after this or do you reckon he'll have a few moments conscioussness?

#60 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:38 PM

I'm coming from the *Newest* SasuxSaku FC and...
I don't understand. sad.gif
I like Narusaku very much but other couples are real
possibility in my mind... bothersome but real. dry.gif
They... Nothing, nada, rien, nicths, nulla !!!
ARGH ! th_cussing.gif
“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users