• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:55 AM

Figured this would happen eventually. Toonami will phase out Naruto over the next month and put Naruto Shippuden in starting January, 2014.

Story on the matter from ANN

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#2 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#3 Kster95

Kster95

Cat Sage

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Naruto, bleach, Sword Art Online, Young Justice, Game of thrones, Legend of Korra, Cats, Heroes

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

Well it was bound to happen and its a good thing, Disney XD was terrible place to air Naruto and was just terrible in general. Its uncut so red blood instead of brown markings lol 

43iduct.jpg

#4 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

I'm not sure how to feel about this.

It being on Toonami or the dub in general? If you're talking about the dub, it's not really terrible. It's been out for a couple of years and, while not perfect, it's still watchable.

Well it was bound to happen and its a good thing, Disney XD was terrible place to air Naruto and was just terrible in general. Its uncut so red blood instead of brown markings lol 

Yeah, I had Disney XD on my cable package a while back and got to see it, and it was pretty poor how much they cut. Glad it will be uncut on Toonami.

I'm kind of excited about it to be honest. Even if I've seen all the episodes, it's fun watching the big three on back-to-back.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#5 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

As long as it's uncut. I actually thought a lot of the english dub cast was pretty good. My fav being Dave Whittenberg of course. But also Kate Higgins, Yuri Lowenthal, and especially Steve Blum as Orochimaru. Couldn't stand Naruto's voice actor though. Ugh every time she said "Believe it!" I had to shut the tv off. :headscratch:

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

Its about time. Although, at the time, they stopped the Naruto filler hell when Cartoon Network cancelled Toonami a couple of years ago.

As long as it's uncut. I actually thought a lot of the english dub cast was pretty good. My fav being Dave Whittenberg of course. But also Kate Higgins, Yuri Lowenthal, and especially Steve Blum as Orochimaru. Couldn't stand Naruto's voice actor though. Ugh every time she said "Believe it!" I had to shut the tv off. :headscratch:

Naruto (Maile Flannigan) hadn't said the quote in God knows how long ago the series went.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

the censorship was because Shippuden first premiered on Disney XD. Then then realized how it was NOT meant for kids ( according to their standards) and gave up on censoring it entirely because it would just be one choppy incomplete mess. Toonami will do nothing except dubbing the voices I'm sure

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hey nothing is as terrible as when one piece was taken by 4kids before funimation rescued it from how they butchered the story.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#9 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

Honestly I don't really care about TV anymore. This would have been awesome  5 years ago, but now it feels a bit late.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#10 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

Naruto (Maile Flannigan) hadn't said the quote in God knows how long ago the series went.

Lol true but it still haunts me to this day.

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#11 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

It being on Toonami or the dub in general? If you're talking about the dub, it's not really terrible. It's been out for a couple of years and, while not perfect, it's still watchable.

It being on Toonami and taking the original Naruto's place while it's in the middle of the Chuunin Exam arc without letting it at least finish.

AboojTi.gif

#12 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Naruto's voice actor is not terrible, she's very good actually. I still hate the voice..but I don't like the Japanese voice either. Maybe because over the years, they have to bend their voice more and more, until it becomes obviously unnatural.

I wouldn't mind Naruto on Toonami. I watched the dub and loved it at first, so it'll likely bring people back/into to the series. Not that it matters to me, not located in the states you know. :')

ナルサク

#13 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

It being on Toonami and taking the original Naruto's place while it's in the middle of the Chuunin Exam arc without letting it at least finish.

Maybe they were just filling in time until they got their hands on Shippuden. If you remember, Toonami did show all of the original Naruto series a couple years back.

Pure speculation, but maybe they were working on getting the licensing deals worked out to get Shippuden away from Disney XD, and just put Naruto on until they got it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#14 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hm, maybe I'll watch it. I stopped watching the Naruto anime some time ago, but if it's going to be on toonami I might give it a shot again. I agree that DisneyXD did an atrocious job with it, and I'll admit I'm not a big fan of Naruto's voice actor much either, I find it quite grating, though more tolerable in Shippuden.

#15 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

The only part of this that annoys me is that theyre cutting into the series instead of letting it go to its natural, conclusion. If they just cut out filler hell and wnet to the last episode Id be happier but theyre just saying see naruto now Naruto shippuden BWAH!

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#16 Rozette

Rozette

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

Lol true but it still haunts me to this day.

Now, THAT was nostalgic.  :lol: Haha~

tumblr_mxbjasXMEh1smr913o2_500.png

There was once a hero who flew too close to the sun.

His wings of wax fell apart and he plummeted to the earth...

#17 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

Now, THAT was nostalgic.  :lol: Haha~

Lol how many times do you think you can watch that video and not be annoyed by it? That's the real question. :wink:

Edited by Shadow1275, 13 November 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#18 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

I was kinda hoping that had this one from the beginning, but better late then never I say XD... if it's suppose to be in January, maybe will get some sort of Naruto marathon (actually kinda doubt that, but it was cool years ago)

At first I just liked that the show was on (Naruto Shippuden), but Disney really was the worst station to give the rights to 

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

Very true. Although on the opposite end it could be argued that letting the series run its course naturally would take WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO long to get back to where it needs to be too right? :sweat:   

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 November 2013 - 04:08 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#20 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Very true. Although on the opposite end it could be argued that letting the series run its course naturally would take WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO long to get back to where it needs to be too right? :sweat:   

That depends on whether Naruto was to finish just its current arc, or the entire series. I was leaning more towards at least just the current arc.

AboojTi.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users