Naruto Special: The Genie and the 3 Wishes OVA

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

You may hear of this OVA that came out with the Lost Tower movie. I actually caught a link (with bad translation but I will post the actual one soon, once I find it). At first, I thought this will be another one of those silly and crazy short with characters will be soooo OOC (aka the Naruto/Sakura bashing and stuff) but it turns out to be okay.

Here's the summary:

Possibly happened after the Chunin Exams/Leaf Invasion, all of the Rookie genin plus Kakashi were having a BBQ picnic in a beach area, but everyone sat separated per team in a different area of the beach which Kakashi mentioned why they did that. While Kakashi excused himself of getting more drinks, Naruto stumbled upon a weird-looking bottle, which actually contain a genie. At first, Team 7 didn't believe that it was a real genie, until Naruto tested it out by asking a plate full of meat for the BBQ, they quickly realize that the genie is real, which prompt Sakura to glomp him.

While asking for the second wish, Naruto accidently told the genie to wait a minute which counts as the second. Only with one wish left, Team 7 suddenly began thinking about their own selfish wishes (particularly Naruto and Sakura directly stated) which lead Naruto to began a chase scene of getting the bottle, when everyone, minus Hinata, Chouji who sat there continuing eating this entire show, and a reluctant Shikamaru, went after him.

During the whole chase of getting the bottle, some of the cast directly want the bottle for to make their own wish, with this list here:

- Naruto: becoming Hokage
- Sakura (and Ino) : want Sasuke to fall in love (sigh, oh boy dry.gif )
- Lee: I couldn't get the right translation of his wish, mostly about everyone to train like him or something like that
- Shino: acknowledgement from fellow peers (he did a monologue speech of his interests until Naruto drop-kicked him! laugh.gif )
- Nothing directly stated about Kiba, Sasuke, Tenten and Neji's wishes but it probably up to the audiences to figure it out.

Also during this, prepare for Kiba and Ino pulling off a "certain team from a very popular anime" exit. Hint: "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!"

Finally, the bottle was at the hands of Hinata. When everyone asked her to give them the bottle, she immediately decided to smash the bottle until stopped by Shikamaru. He began to tell everyone to stop thinking about wishes from their own selfish desires and think of something for the whole entire group. When getting ready to state the final wish, Kakashi suddenly pop up and wanted change because the vendor machine ran out which the genie granted. Bottle began to disappear in the sky and created fireworks. The OVA ended with everyone minus Chouji looked flabbergasted.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

Sounds lame. Why do they bring up the past (Sakura Ino fangirl ish) with new shippuuden movies... Sorry, I just hate thinking of that Sakura and Ino from the past lol. It's so shallow, those wishes would be really useful in the current situation they're in and way more deeper.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#3 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

There is an subbed version on youtube:

Let me guess everyone's wishes:
-Tenten: More screen time;
-Sasuke: KILL ITACHI!!
-Neji: Become the ruler of the Hyuuga main branch and dominate them with iron fist, MUAHAHAHAHA!!! .... Okay, I guess I went a little too far on this one...
Kiba: ...... Dog food?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#4 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

ahahahahahaha!!! XDD i love how shino got drop kicked!

and sakura fooling naruto with that speech was funnny!!!

Edited by merryGOflava, 01 July 2011 - 07:20 PM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

This annoys me to no end why do they have to keep bringing fan girl Sakura into the picture? dry.gif Seriously do they want more people thinking she's in love with Sasuke do they want more people hating her God Pierot give it a rest already. mad.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 01 July 2011 - 08:22 PM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jul 1 2011, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This annoys me to no end why do they have to keep bringing fan girl Sakura into the picture? dry.gif Seriously do they want more people thinking she's in love with Sasuke do they want more people hating her God Pierot give it a rest already. mad.gif

aww its wanst that big of a deal XD when she little she was a bit of a fangirl biggrin.gif as long as it isnt shippuden sakura im fine XDD

besides sakura is funny fangirl or not lol

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#7 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Jul 1 2011, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds lame. Why do they bring up the past (Sakura Ino fangirl ish) with new shippuuden movies... Sorry, I just hate thinking of that Sakura and Ino from the past lol. It's so shallow, those wishes would be really useful in the current situation they're in and way more deeper.

Pierrot is too obsessed with part 1- easier to shunt Naruto and Sakura into their rather stereotyped adaption of the characters. I agree, it would have been far more interesting set in Shippuden. Instead of juvenile slapstick there could have been some thoughtfulness with a slight current of humor. I doubt the anime writers are capable of that however- except when they follow manga canon.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#8 KoolKat

KoolKat

Feisty <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

lol! i loved this ova! sooo funny! probably my 2nd fave. loved the drop kick on shino and sakuras speech. along with kiba and inos "team rocket" flying away.

#9 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

I would have used one of the genie's wish to hand the Naruto anime over to an actual company that would portray the characters as they actually are instead of the usual Part 1 stuff we get from Perriot all the damn time. sleep.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#10 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

^^ One of my wishes would be obviously your wish, plus to get narusaku canon, and me winning the main event at the WSOP. To be fair, that's all I have riding at this point until something interesting happens in life.

Edited by anguyen92, 01 July 2011 - 10:23 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#11 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Jul 1 2011, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have used one of the genie's wish to hand the Naruto anime over to an actual company that would portray the characters as they actually are instead of the usual Part 1 stuff we get from Perriot all the damn time. sleep.gif

Who knows once the manga ends and Pierot ends the anime Kishi might sell his rights to another (and better) studio to air another anime way better than Shippuden. happy.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

I'll be honest I didn't like it mellow.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#13 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (anguyen92 @ Jul 2 2011, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ One of my wishes would be obviously your wish, plus to get narusaku canon, and me winning the main event at the WSOP. To be fair, that's all I have riding at this point until something interesting happens in life.

Why would you waste your wish on NS being canon? Its definitely going to happen. biggrin.gif

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#14 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:12 AM

^^ Again, I don't have much riding on life other than school or striving to be a great poker player, so there. It's one of those insurence policy/guarrentee whateverness.

Well, I could use that other wish to try to make strides to be better friends, maybe more, with a girl who I knew for over a decade.

Edit: What if the genie does not allow wishing for infinite wishes, because that would be considered cheating?

Edited by anguyen92, 02 July 2011 - 03:44 AM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#15 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (anguyen92 @ Jul 1 2011, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^^ Again, I don't have much riding on life other than school or striving to be a great poker player, so there. It's one of those insurence policy/guarrentee whateverness.

Well, I could use that other wish to try to make strides to be better friends, maybe more, with a girl who I knew for over a decade.

Dude, everyone knows you're supposed to wish for infinite wishes.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

but what if they do not grant more wishes? mellow.gif hm.png

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 August 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#17 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Aug 28 2011, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but what if they do not grant more wishes? mellow.gif hm.png

Then wish for more genies to get more wish's. duh!

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:23 AM

I don't think you could wish for more genies sweat.gif

#19 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:22 AM

Yeah maybe Studio Pierot really is in love with part 1. I mean with all the naruhina fans there part 1 must be like pairing moments gold. Anyways i thought that this was a very funny but very pointless OVA. Also i thought genies were meant to grant the wish if you say "I wish" before the actual wish. Or maybe even "bring me" or "Let me have". Not "shut up for a second we are talking". My favorite parts though would have to be the one with Shino and the end. Ahhh the days before Sasuke became crazy and everything was all fun and games happy.gif

Edited by Master Sage, 29 August 2011 - 05:22 AM.

#20 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Aug 29 2011, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think you could wish for more genies sweat.gif

I pretty sure you can wish for more genies ive seen it done in an old cartoon i used to watch.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users