• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

Surprised this hasn't topic hasn't been made yet. Anyway, I read the full story of Final Fantasy, and then bought the game, and I must say, I recommend if your the Anime/RPG/Fantasy kinda person, you MUST have this game. The story mode takes about 20-30 hours to complete, and I've heard the full game /w everything done (achievements and so-on) can take from 50-100 hours to complete.

Music: 9.5/10- Although it may not be the best music you can hear (it repeats words... A LOT!), it makes the game feel more... what's the word I'm looking for here... "alive"?

Storyline: 10/10- This many games, and the storyline gets better each time, idk how you can not be impressed.

Gameplay: 9/10- Sure its graphics are AMAZING, but monsters spawn WWAAAYYY too much, and even though you can run sometimes, they can catch up to you, and it makes me so mad when all I'm trying to do is get to a gate, or a quest, or even just a person 2 inches from me, and a tiger or something wants to chase me down, there should be a option to lower the number of monsters that appear on your travels (without changing difficulty level). Reason for me giving it 9/10 though is for it's boss fights.... simply amazing. biggrin.gif

Characters: 10/10- They are all strong-willed, or have deep hatred for events occurring, and this is a huge part of what keeps this game running.

Your thoughts on this game? tongue.gif

Edited by Sakura Lover, 05 February 2012 - 09:46 PM.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#2 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

Reviews go on the "Rate the last game you played" topic.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 05 February 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#3 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

Storyline 10/10??? nope
\

#4 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

I gave my review on "rate the last game you ever played" thread. I really like the game in general and the story. I really enjoyed learning more about the Goddess Etro, however I thought the director Motomu Toriyama mentioned in a early interview that the story will focus on the Maker too. Either he was trolling us or maybe there's something else.

Sorry don't want to bring spoilers for those that haven't play the game. tongue.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 06 February 2012 - 02:50 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#5 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

The ending... I swear there should of been a troll face beside the "to be continued...". Whatever, the ending looked beastly, and now I wonder what the next one is going to be like. tongue.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#6 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Feb 6 2012, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ending... I swear there should of been a troll face beside the "to be continued...". Whatever, the ending looked beastly, and now I wonder what the next one is going to be like. tongue.gif

You're the one that said the spoiler not me. But anyway I am addictive to the game and I love the monster leveling up with the infusing and all.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#7 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 7 2012, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're the one that said the spoiler not me. But anyway I am addictive to the game and I love the monster leveling up with the infusing and all.

How was that a spoil, all i said was that the ending was amazing and that it said "to be continued" which was basically expected. tongue.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#8 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

I just have one question....is the gameplay the same?

The one thing that bugged me most about Final Fantasy 13 was not the character or the story, but the gameplay. I miss the turn base system that game had. This one, an enemy can take out all my characters in one swoop. Sure they did that in previous games, but those were special attacks, not just a regular punch attack for some in this one.

I also miss Limit Breaks. I mean, real limit breaks, not just a super combo move that these characters have that most of the time really didn't do anything, but keep the enemy at bay. TT_TT

If it is basically the same, I am just going to buy the game when it gets cheap. I like Final Fantasy, but I miss the old stuff.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 07 February 2012 - 03:43 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#9 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Feb 7 2012, 07:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just have one question....is the gameplay the same?

The one thing that bugged me most about Final Fantasy 13 was not the character or the story, but the gameplay. I miss the turn base system that game had. This one, an enemy can take out all my characters in one swoop. Sure they did that in previous games, but those were special attacks, not just a regular punch attack for some in this one.

I also miss Limit Breaks. I mean, real limit breaks, not just a super combo move that these characters have that most of the time really didn't do anything, but keep the enemy at bay. TT_TT

If it is basically the same, I am just going to buy the game when it gets cheap. I like Final Fantasy, but I miss the old stuff.

Sorry James it's the same battle system but they have improve it under some terms.

-New addition is that monsters pop out of nowhere unlike the first when you can see the enemy.

-The good thing is the mog clock when you get the chance to ambush the enemy and earn a preemptive strike and not just that but the characters will get the boost of haste temporarily at the start of the battle gaining the upper hand on the enemy. However if you're not quick to attack the enemy, the enemy might attack you and the battle will start regularly without the characters having the haste boost. Also if the mog clock time runs out and if you or the enemy haven't made a move then the battle will begin automatically only this time that you won't be able to use 'retry' the option will be lock until you win the fight. I actually like this because you don't have a choice but to fight, but you can still escape from the fight by running away from the monsters and getting as far as you can from them in order to deactivate the mog clock before time runs out of course.

-There's also no more upgrading weapons which I honestly think it's a huge relief because it was annoying to waste so much gil in buying materials for upgrading them in the first game.

-No more game over if you're the leader and get KO it will automatically change to the next character.

Some down side things:

-I don't know if I'm right I will have to check it out when I have the time, but I think the haste spell isn't in the game you only get it when you succeed in attacking an enemy in the field.

-Personal ultimate attacks can only be use once per battle unlike the original when you can use them many times as you like (I don't have a problem with this although I like Serah and Noel's ultimate attacks.

-There's a new addition for the enemy which is called "wound damage" this allows the character or enemy monster's HP to be decrease and even if you get heal it won't reach your maximum HP. For Example if Noel has 500 HP and gets wounded damage of 50, if he gets heal his max HP will be 450. Of course the wound damage will be effective for the rest of the battle until the battle ends. This can be a pain in the back but if you have a strong and well develop party then this won't be a problem, I also like this because it makes the fights more challenging.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#10 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 7 2012, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry James it's the same battle system but they have improve it under some terms.

Boo.

-New addition is that monsters pop out of nowhere unlike the first when you can see the enemy.

I liked the fact that I can see the enemies. Damn it. It was so I know what was ahead of me or what I might have to fight.

-The good thing is the mog clock when you get the chance to ambush the enemy and earn a preemptive strike and not just that but the characters will get the boost of haste temporarily at the start of the battle gaining the upper hand on the enemy. However if you're not quick to attack the enemy, the enemy might attack you and the battle will start regularly without the characters having the haste boost. Also if the mog clock time runs out and if you or the enemy haven't made a move then the battle will begin automatically only this time that you won't be able to use 'retry' the option will be lock until you win the fight. I actually like this because you don't have a choice but to fight, but you can still escape from the fight by running away from the monsters and getting as far as you can from them in order to deactivate the mog clock before time runs out of course.

O-kay. I really have no positive or negative thoughts about that. Since I haven't played the game, I don't know how good this features really is. Since each game play different this might for this game, but not for other incarnations.

-There's also no more upgrading weapons which I honestly think it's a huge relief because it was annoying to waste so much gil in buying materials for upgrading them in the first game.

I like upgrading weapons, but they just made it WAY TOO HARD in FF13-1. Since you don't gain money after killing an enemy, getting gil was hard. All you can do was harvest alot of resources and even then you spend house to not even get half the money you need. Only then you need more spare parts and more money to upgrade and it was a big mess just to upgrade ONE WEAPON. It wasn't even a guarantee the weapon you upgraded was going to be good. I found out later I was upgrading the wrong weapon one time.

-No more game over if you're the leader and get KO it will automatically change to the next character.

Thank........god. That was SOOOO annoying.

Some down side things:

-I don't know if I'm right I will have to check it out when I have the time, but I think the haste spell isn't in the game you only get it when you succeed in attacking an enemy in the field.

-Personal ultimate attacks can only be use once per battle unlike the original when you can use them many times as you like (I don't have a problem with this although I like Serah and Noel's ultimate attacks.

I miss limit breaks. TT_TT
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

Ehh, not too crazy about the story line. But that's just me. \no I haven't played the game but I read it somewhere don't worry I won't spoil anything

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#12 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:38 AM

There is NO plot in this god forsaken game. I tried following the story and my brain was fried after about 10 minutes.

Paradox after paradox after paradox. It is a convolution of utter non-sense... And Square Enix developed this before going to Versus XIII why?

#13 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Feb 14 2012, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is NO plot in this god forsaken game. I tried following the story and my brain was fried after about 10 minutes.

Paradox after paradox after paradox. It is a convolution of utter non-sense... And Square Enix developed this before going to Versus XIII why?

I still enjoy it thought.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#14 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 15 2012, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still enjoy it thought.

this.

2XtVwF6.png

#15 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Cloud @ Feb 14 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This.

----------------

Start FFXIII-2 rant -

*MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS* Do NOT read if you do not want to be spoiled --Click here to view--
Where to start? The creators of Final Fantasy XIII were quoted as saying that THEY didn't believe that Lightning had had a happy ending in FF 13, so they would MAKE SURE that she would at the end of FF 13-2...umm...EXCUSE me...the fact that she SAVED the people of Cocoon, broke the Fal'Cie's hold on said people, AND got her sister back was an UNHAPPY ending?! And so the fact that Serah DIES at the end of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Lightning herself gets CRYSTALLIZED, and all hell and CHAOS breaks loose is their idea of a HAPPY ending?! kitten YOU ENIX! I put up with some crap from you guys, because I you tend to make really memorable games that I love, but creating FF 13-2 utterly pointless! As Cloud has said this game has NO plot, and the 'To Be Continued' ending after kittening EVERYONE over is total...and complete...bullsh**!

I remember saying a number of times, and can even be quoted on saying it in the Gaming thread, that even though I and many many others that I know, didn't see the point in FF 13-2 we were all still looking forward to playing it. I take that all back now. I'm SO pissed off at Enix for the effed up way they ended this game, I haven't touched the game since seeing that ending, and I have absolutely NO intention of replaying kitten with it. If the ending of FF 13-2 is a HAPPY ending to Square Enix, while the ending to the original FF 13 is an UNHAPPY ending, then every last person who worked on FF 13-2 has a TWISTED idea of what is happy and what is sad.
/End rant

#16 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Feb 15 2012, 07:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

----------------

Start FFXIII-2 rant -

*MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS* Do NOT read if you do not want to be spoiled --Click here to view--
Where to start? The creators of Final Fantasy XIII were quoted as saying that THEY didn't believe that Lightning had had a happy ending in FF 13, so they would MAKE SURE that she would at the end of FF 13-2...umm...EXCUSE me...the fact that she SAVED the people of Cocoon, broke the Fal'Cie's hold on said people, AND got her sister back was an UNHAPPY ending?! And so the fact that Serah DIES at the end of Final Fantasy XIII-2, Lightning herself gets CRYSTALLIZED, and all hell and CHAOS breaks loose is their idea of a HAPPY ending?! kitten YOU ENIX! I put up with some crap from you guys, because I you tend to make really memorable games that I love, but creating FF 13-2 was utterly pointless! As Cloud has said this game has NO plot, and the 'To Be Continued' ending after kittening EVERYONE over is total...and complete...bullsh**!

I remember saying a number of times, and can even be quoted on saying it in the Gaming thread, that even though I and many many others that I know, didn't see the point in FF 13-2 we were all still looking forward to playing it. I take that all back now. I'm SO pissed off at Enix for the effed up way they ended this game, I haven't touched the game since seeing that ending, and I have absolutely NO intention of replaying kitten with it. If the ending of FF 13-2 is a HAPPY ending to Square Enix, while the ending to the original FF 13 is an UNHAPPY ending, then every last person who worked on FF 13-2 has a TWISTED idea of what is happy and what is sad.
/End rant

Director Motomu Toriyama did said the game was going to be a lot darker than the original and I understand if you're not happy with the ending I don't like it either. I'm not fond of the story either but I love the side quests, battle mechanics, cinematic action, change leader in the middle of battle, no game over if you're the leader and get KO, monster recruiting, monster leveling up, monster infusion, annoying puzzles that takes hours to solve (yeah I'm taking to you hands of time), live trigger events among other things that aren't related with the story line.
Ending spoilers --Click here to view--
Although expanding the XIII series to a trilogy is "uncalled" for sorry but I think square really wants to milk the cow when it comes to squeezing money from the fans there was no need to plan for a part 3. It was bullsh*** from square to quote "is Lightning really happy" and we'll find out in the sequel because getting crystallized while your younger sister dies and Pulse is filled with Chaos definitely doesn't make Lightning happy one bit. I admit square isn't doing well but at least they are doing a whole lot better than the Sonic franchise who's critics are begging for the game franchise to die already.

The only thing that can redeem square enix if for Versus to finally be release this year, Cloud I'm with you we demand Versus and type-0 to be brought to US shores now! argh1.png

EDIT: Thanks for the edit Sakura. smile.gif

Edited by Gravenimage, 15 February 2012 - 04:24 PM.
Added spoiler tags

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Feb 15 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Director Motomu Toriyama did said the game was going to be a lot darker than the original and I understand if you're not happy with the ending I don't like it either. I'm not fond of the story either but I love the side quests, battle mechanics, cinematic action, change leader in the middle of battle, no game over if you're the leader and get KO, monster recruiting, monster leveling up, monster infusion, annoying puzzles that takes hours to solve (yeah I'm taking to you hands of time) among other things that aren't related with the story line.

The thing with me and RPGs of any kind is that I love and enjoy gameplay and the varying gameplay mechanics and leveling for 50% of the game. The other 50% of love and enjoyment of an rpg for me is story. And the story for FF 13-2 just utterly failed.

#18 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

The plot had me going WTF!!!!! Seriously dissapointed with the actual story, noting was really explained very well, and was left very vague, many times using the excuse to oh it's because of a paradox as reason. and the ending was dissapointing...I ave the feeling that we will either be seeing a FFxiii-3 in the next ear or two, or we will be getting DLC to bolster the story and for it to ctually make sense.

Few other problems with the game is the frequency of certain monsters, and capture rate...I got the guide so I checked what the chances of dropping crystals were but I sometimes had to fight monsters 20-30 times to get a crystal, and that was a 20% drop chance, with five stars putting it up to 40%, then there were monsters with 2% crystal drop chance that dropped crystals in first go, then we have some monsters that refusd to show, even after being in the area for 2-3 hours trying to fight them. This isn't even talking about the rift monsters but regular rare monsters, I know my mate had to play a couple of hours a day for three days and only then faced the Albino lobo, yet me and another mate faught and caught him almost straight after defeating Atlus...it's way to inconsistant.

Ofcourse this led to a major problem, I ended up too strong too early, I still have to do all the paradox endings and finish the monster encyclopedia, but i'm already maxed out on the levels and have around 300,000CP just sitting there with no purpose.

All that said, I loved the game itself, the monster collecting is addictive, the battle is fast and furious and not overwhelming like most turn base games, and the side quests are pretty enjoyable on th whole except for the monster collection one, the puzzle one and the 7,777 fragment crystal, I ended up buying loads of coins goin to a slot machine and then sticking a credit card in the LB button and let it play itself for a few hours to get my fragment.

I wish they'd made the story better, and improved the freaquency of meeting rare monsters, I am 70 hours in the game and there are still quite a few monsters I've yet to face.

iAnby7W.gif

#19 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Feb 15 2012, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The plot had me going WTF!!!!! Seriously dissapointed with the actual story, noting was really explained very well, and was left very vague, many times using the excuse to oh it's because of a paradox as reason. and the ending was dissapointing...I ave the feeling that we will either be seeing a FFxiii-3 in the next ear or two, or we will be getting DLC to bolster the story and for it to ctually make sense.

Few other problems with the game is the frequency of certain monsters, and capture rate...I got the guide so I checked what the chances of dropping crystals were but I sometimes had to fight monsters 20-30 times to get a crystal, and that was a 20% drop chance, with five stars putting it up to 40%, then there were monsters with 2% crystal drop chance that dropped crystals in first go, then we have some monsters that refusd to show, even after being in the area for 2-3 hours trying to fight them. This isn't even talking about the rift monsters but regular rare monsters, I know my mate had to play a couple of hours a day for three days and only then faced the Albino lobo, yet me and another mate faught and caught him almost straight after defeating Atlus...it's way to inconsistant.

Ofcourse this led to a major problem, I ended up too strong too early, I still have to do all the paradox endings and finish the monster encyclopedia, but i'm already maxed out on the levels and have around 300,000CP just sitting there with no purpose.

All that said, I loved the game itself, the monster collecting is addictive, the battle is fast and furious and not overwhelming like most turn base games, and the side quests are pretty enjoyable on th whole except for the monster collection one, the puzzle one and the 7,777 fragment crystal, I ended up buying loads of coins goin to a slot machine and then sticking a credit card in the LB button and let it play itself for a few hours to get my fragment.

I wish they'd made the story better, and improved the freaquency of meeting rare monsters, I am 70 hours in the game and there are still quite a few monsters I've yet to face.

In my case since I already developed Noel and Serah to lv 99 all roles I capture a monster crystal after fighting it 3 times however it's a bit different when it comes to rare monsters. God I was so relief when I was able to obtain Tornberry's crystal the first time I fought him, Don Tornberry is a different story. Also it's hard because rare monsters don't appear quite regularly like other monsters in a stage. Unless you obtain the Battlemania Fragment which allows the strong and rare monster to appear more than regular.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#20 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Feb 14 2012, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this.

Do you also enjoy bullets to the feet? Arrows to the knee?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users