Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

tumblr_n60dmdBiMl1shtowzo6_r1_500.gif

People should just have fun with the first part, and imagining what could have been! After all, it's just a manga.

Hmmm....but it's a manga that people grew up with and followed religiously. It got a lot of people out of tough situations, I know I was one. So for it to end on such horrible morals, it's completely disheartening. I don't think it's as simple as "well it's just a piece of fiction" it's a world that literally helped fans to grow up and mature. Like a companion if you will.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hmmm....but it's a manga that people grew up with and followed religiously. It got a lot of people out of tough situations, I know I was one. So for it to end on such horrible morals, it's completely disheartening. I don't think it's as simple as "well it's just a piece of fiction" it's a world that literally helped fans to grow up and mature. Like a companion if you will.

And part of growing up is understanding that it IS a work of fiction.  Yes, it has helped people grow up, but, like a toy we've grown old to use or a book that we've finished, or a piece of clothing that's too small to wear, or even a friend that's moved away or you've moved away from, it's time to put it away and move on. Move on to other things and look back on it with fondness and nostalgia.  

Or else, it just becomes shackles that hold you back, a reminder that says, "Oh, things didn't happen to me the way I wanted to happen, this freaking sucks big time," and just pissed you off the more you think about it.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 06 November 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#23 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

:)

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

I can safely say Coming to this website was the only genuinely good thing that happened to me while exposed to this series. Everything else was bitterly tainted. I doubt we will continue to talk about Naruto, be it the movie or the sequel. Too many bleak memories there, but it would be cool if at some point we could switch the main section of the forums to another series. Just because Naruto ended, doesn't mean we have to end right?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#25 RandomGuy

RandomGuy

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:many things....

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:31 PM

I won't leave,  even though I thought post much.  :sweat:

#26 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

@jenskott - yeah, none of the main goals got resolved. Kishimoto just wrapped it up. There were no answers or justifications. The only thing that was ever explained was how Sasuke was allowed to walk free...sort of. Kishimoto just had them fight, then put on an ending chapter. The main pairing — the girl that Naruto had strived for the whole series, even telling his dead father she was his girlfriend — was swapped out at the very end.

By putting Naruto with Hinata, Kishi denies Naruto's life goal as set forth by Jiraiya. Naruto is supposed to succeed where he couldn't. But Naruto didn't. Kishi dropped the ball.

I've long thought that Kishimoto planned to end it after the Pain arc, but was talked into continuing. And I think this is no different, only now he's tossing a bone to NS fandom saying it will come to pass in the next gen. But I doubt anyone will care.

edit: I don't have a problem seeing this as a series where the creator went off the rails, leaving the main story behind in favor of some other goal. He has long championed Sakura as the heroine and Naruto as the hero. Look at all the movie advertising over and over and over, Naruto-Sakura, Naruto-Sakura. And suddenly now it ends with Hinata? I'm just not buying it. 

Thank goodness this site is here for us!!

Yes, it sounds fishy.

And I would not be shocked if that is the case. The last arc hinted that Kishimoto was burn-out and out of ideas. Then Kaguya got defeated, the Naruto vs Sasuke last fight started straight after, even though everyone thought that it woud start later, and all of sudden it was announced that there were only five chapters left... and then Naruto and Sasuke great battle, that battle that the whole Part II was building up to, last three chapters, and we got a final chapter where the characters behaved in completely OOC ways to reach a predetermined conclusion, and an epilogue that solves nothing and explains nothing, but promises answers in a future movie...

All of it suggests -IMO- that Kishimoto was fed up with his own story and he wanted to finish as soon as possible, and that the ending was altered in order to promote a future movie.

And... What? Now there are rumours about a third part? And we are being told that maybe NS will become official in PART III? Oh, no, pal, I am not biting your bait this time. You had FOURTEEN YEARS and SEVENTY VOLUMES to make NS canon, you had all necessary tools to make it canon convincingly (plenty development and interaction), and you did not. You spent ten years leading me on! So why should I trust you NOW?

22.jpg

Oh, no. No way.

If I am told that Naruto and Sakura truly become a pairing in that alleged new series I will pay attention to it. Otherwise you are NOT having my money.

And part of growing up is understanding that it IS a work of fiction.  Yes, it has helped people grow up, but, like a toy we've grown old to use or a book that we've finished, or a piece of clothing that's too small to wear, or even a friend that's moved away or you've moved away from, it's time to put it away and move on. Move on to other things and look back on it with fondness and nostalgia.  

Or else, it just becomes shackles that hold you back, a reminder that says, "Oh, things didn't happen to me the way I wanted to happen, this freaking sucks big time," and just pissed you off the more you think about it.

I agree. Remember, fellows: it is only a work of fiction.

Edited by Jenskott, 06 November 2014 - 03:40 PM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#27 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

I'm hoping this remains a positive thread. I wish everyone leaves their gripes or complaints out of their posts. We don't need anymore negativity.

#28 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

God i didnot see that coming . So the manga is trashed after all. Sighs well things always dont go in the way u imagine it everytime. This line is fair but what kishi did was unfair. But still naruto has influenced me so much so i am still gonna say it was one of the best manga i ever read despite of these events. And i am defenitely sticking around cuz this site is so close to my heart . I just cant go away from such amazing people i ve met. :)

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

#29 tekopi

tekopi

Randomness Practitioner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Foods, Books, Martial Art, Play MPV, Rock Climbing, Camping, Ukulelelele, Sony MP3, Sony Xperia, Sony Everything!!

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

I'm glad and tip my hat to you Smiter for your announcement that this site will be kept alive (at the moment when the chapters are out I thought this site will be shut off. That will just add more sadness to me I think). And I'm with all of you and still held true to my words that I will stand together on this. Live or die or sunk or keep the ship afloat or whatever. And I hope that we all will keep on supporting our comrades that almost fallen; pull them back up and continue to do and spread what we think as our ideals - that to us NS will always the true pairing -

I have to get this off my chest, but (I might over thinking) I can't help but see that the last two chapters had something wrong going on it. Fishy? Of course. But even IF in any way they try to fix it, damage has been done and it is too severe.

Whoever had watched this cutie pie

a9LmPMo_700b_zpspu05hup0.jpg

You Are Sick...Just like me  :hehehe: 

#30 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thank you all, guys. :)  Please keep visiting, it would be great to keep this community alive!

tekopi and Jens, I'm in complete agreement about the chapters, it's unbelievable how badly they were handled.  Naruto and Sakura were an amazing pairing up to the last arc, and I want to hold on to that feeling, that wonderful dynamic they had.

#31 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

By now, you have most likely read the final two chapters of the Naruto manga.

I'm sure we're all feeling really confused and disappointed in the ending, particularly about how badly Kishimoto butchered his own story and characters.

But I would like to say that I will keep Heaven and Earth running for as long as people want to post here.  :smile:   It really hurts to see the manga end in that way, but many of us have great memories here, and we all met new friends here.  :happy:

To everyone who is staying, and everyone who is leaving, thank you all so much for your support and for being part of H&E for the past ten years!  You have all made this a special place, and you will always have a place in my heart.

Thank you!

Smiter, you da man for keeping this place open. Especially since I got some great memories from here, and I want to make some more good ones if possible. :smile: Especially since I am working on something I think that can help us feel better in some ways, and that I think could be fun, since it is an old project but I'm rejuvenating it.

#32 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

Thank you all, guys. :)  Please keep visiting, it would be great to keep this community alive!

tekopi and Jens, I'm in complete agreement about the chapters, it's unbelievable how badly they were handled.  Naruto and Sakura were an amazing pairing up to the last arc, and I want to hold on to that feeling, that wonderful dynamic they had.

Right, and the great thing is, two crappy chapters DOES NOT ERASE 698 of development. NaruSaku will always be the main pairing. It's always Naruto and Sakura. In the manga, in the movies, in the advertising, in everything. Inserting Hinata and Sasuke into the last chapters does not take away all that momentum. Kishimoto just got it wrong.

And @jenskott, I agree, I won't be sticking around for a Part 3 with any expectations for NS. This was the end, and the last drawings made it very clear Kishimoto was finished. They won't suddenly wake up from a genjutsu in some part 3. Kishimoto hasn't had his heart in the storyline for a long time. He wanted it over, and it's over, exactly like you said, in a very swift and confusing ending. 

#33 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:43 PM

The battle is over, we're leaving it bloodied and bruised, but at the same time proud.

I appreciate the site and all you did Smiter. You and the staff of Heaven and Earth made a fantastic community. Friendships, thoughts, ideas, debates and laughter were all created here, and no one can ever take that away, and that means a lot more than these last two chapters.

It was a fun ride, from beginning to end. 

Thank you for the memories everybody. 

Take care~

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#34 Yojeveka

Yojeveka

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Pokémon, Nuzlockes, Voice Acting

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'm still a newbie, but I'm not going anywhere!

When I started to like NS it wasn't canon. Now I just love NS and it's not canon either. So why should I stop shipping them? Especially after finding a place where I can share my thoughts with all this nice people =) Jeez, It's pretty ironic how we respect Kishi's heroes more than he does.

2r2sxtg.gif

*Needs an English Talker*

#35 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:30 PM

I get what you're saying and I also agree.

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#36 shadowlife

shadowlife

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga,NaruSaku, fitness, computers, programming, cars, history, games, etc, etc, etc.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

I am still new, and I will not be going anywhere unless the site is shut down.  I am glad you are keeping the site up Smiter.

The ending was "off" to me, I can't explain it, and I am not delusional as some NH shippers have painted me to be.  NH shippers that happen to be friends of mine, are just as outraged at the ending and it seems off to them too.  The last couple of days it has occurred to me that the most vocal of the NH fandom, are likely still hormone driven teenage boys that have not developed any maturity yet.  I suspect that when they grow up, they will feel the same way about this that we do.  Hey I can dream, right?

At any rate, I hope the site stays put.  Who says it has to only be about NS shipping.  To me, NS is still cannon even though I am more neutral than anything but there are still other mangas and animes out there.  Besides, there are a lot of good people here.  I would hate to see them go away.  I sill stick around as much as time permits.

Edited by shadowlife, 06 November 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#37 Fairy Tail Fantard

Fairy Tail Fantard

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Interests:I'm a pilot, so I spend most of my time in the air.

Interests: Keeping my plane in the air and NOT slapping smack dab into a mountain somewhere. Writing, watching anime, reading, playing video games, and exercising are a few more of my interests as well.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Yeah, I had a feeling an ending like that was going to happen. Which is why I stopped reading Naruto months ago. I'm glad this site will remain open. It'd feel like something was missing if you were to shut it down.

664086690_1145760.gif

#38 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:41 PM

The ending was "off" to me, I can't explain it, and I am not delusional as some NH shippers have painted me to be.  NH shippers that happen to be friends of mine, are just as outraged at the ending and it seems off to them too.  The last couple of days it has occurred to me that the most vocal of the NH fandom, are likely still hormone driven teenage boys that have not developed any maturity yet.  I suspect that when they grow up, they will feel the same way about this that we do.  Hey I can dream, right?

Given my experience with fandoms (such like Ranma or Evangelion fanbases), I would bet that several years from now most of fans left will think that hate the late arcs of the manga, hate the ending and hate the -unfortunately- canonical couples.

Yes, it is funny, but I think that NOW that NH and SS are canon it is when their popularity will go down.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#39 ahmadaziz

ahmadaziz

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

Well, I joined this community way back when I first started getting into NS. I guess a good year and a half ago . . I had just gotten into Naruto and was hooked on NS from the start. Then my job got in the way and canon started pissing me off, (it hasn't stopped ever since) so I let go of it and found a new way to get my NS fix, fanfiction, which was a absolutely new thing for me. I guess what i am trying to say is that this is pretty much my first actual meaningful post here, I really wish it was under better circumstances but anywho . . . 

I won't lie, the ending made me pretty sad. I apologize if my words don't make it better for the rest of you but I just had a fanfic author reveal the ending in their fic and for the first few minutes, I was kinda sorta devastated. Even though I hadn't followed Naruto for almost two years, the news still hit me like a truckload. And it was pretty bad until my mind started the emotional damage control and then I logged on here to see what was what and I saw the attitude of the community and it was like a breath of fresh air. Right now, I guess I am still melancholic but I have realized that the canon is just one person's creation. It doesn't have to ruin my take on NS and all that I enjoy about it.

So I would like to thank you guys for having created this forum the way it is. I won't let go of NS as it is a huge part of my outlook on life and I hope you guys keep that love alive as well. I will be here a lot more now so my gratitude to Smiter for deciding to continue this hang out.

I do, however, hope that writers and other artists don't give up on NS. That's actually my biggest point of concern out of all of this. As I mentioned, NS introduced me to the fanfiction and I have been hooked ever since. It's NS fics now and NS art later and so on, whenever I get the time. So here is my plea to all you amazing artists and authors out there who have helped me discover so many new things in the past, I hope you continue to do so in the future. I can't really begin to tell how much I have enjoyed reading your works and I really, really wish that you keep this up. Tricksie, I am looking at you, you better not leave us hanging !!!! :)

Phew . . . now that that is out of my system, here goes nothing . . . 

Hey guys, M.A.A here (I can't find the option to change the freakin name anywhere !!!) but you may call me ahmadaziz . . . I am kinda sorta new here, even though my profile may like to say otherwise. I love NS and reading NS and watching NS and some football/soccer too . . . . I hope that we can be friends. Please take good care of me and tell me what's a guy to do around here (other than be amazed at myself for coming up with M.A.A as a nickname)

Edited by M.A.A, 06 November 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#40 Naruto Loves Sakura

Naruto Loves Sakura

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

Ironic that my first post even though I have been a member of this site since 2007 is on the release of the last chapters of Naruto. A sad day indeed for the NaruSaku fandom. However, we should not let this get us down. Though Naruto has ended, we can still ship NaruSaku, and we can form conspiracy theories about it. For example, I saw a meme on Facebook today that said What if I told you that Hinata was still trapped in the infinite Tsyukiyomi? There is still fan fiction that people will be writing about that support the pairing. Like many of you I sad that the pairing did not work out the way we wanted it, but Naruto has never really been about the romance. Many are aware that Kishimotto did not have the ability to write a good romance. We as the fandom can rise up and write our own stories with a good romance element to it while still keeping the true meaning of Naruto alive. I hope this site continues to run for many years to come, and I hope that people will still read the manga and understand that time is what blossoms a romance. Naruto and Sakura may not have happened in the manga, but the pairing still lives on in our minds, and our hearts. Heaven and Earth my friends, Heaven and Earth. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users