Close
Photo

Who do you think will Sasuke end up with?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

Poll: Sasuke's lover (except Sakura) (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Sasuke x ?????

1. Karin (8 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

2. Ino (1 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

3. Death (21 votes [38.18%])

Percentage of vote: 38.18%

4. No one (22 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

5. Others (please specify) (3 votes [5.45%])

Percentage of vote: 5.45%

Vote

#41 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ May 5 2010, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes I am a SasuKarin fan, but that doesnt mean I cant objectively look at the manga and take it at face value. The arguments for SasuKarin are as compelling and in some cases more compelling then are own NaruSaku.

theres a deeper connection between them that shows through in the actions they take towards each other. it was only after Sasuke stepped along the darker path he did that his fate came into question.

the one thing though to keep in mind is this. Karin ""so some of her haters claim"" is a ""so called"" minor character below even hinata in that regard. So i ask this, why if shes so minor didnt she die at Sasukes hands? why did she get the entire flahsback to the bear sequence? why was she taken back healthy and fine to Konoha?

Its because she has a purpose left in this manga, her story and the conenction she has with Sasuke is far from done. She was used to showcase how far and hard Sasuke had fallen, and she will show up again at a dramatically appropriate moment in Sasukes redemption as well.

It's hard for me to think that arguments for the two main characters, Naruto and Sakura, who have an entire manga series of development are not as compelling as the introduction of a fangirl late into the story, who happened to have developed 'love' rather than idolization, for all the wrong reasons. To be honest, arguments against SasuSaku work very well against SasuKarin as well, and if you're seriously looking at both pairings, not in favour of either, you can tell SasuSaku and SasuKarin are incredibly similar.

NaruSaku fans like to say that the reason why Sakura fell in love with Sasuke is because of the bench scene--she got the wrong image of Sasuke through Naruto's illusion. Catsi, you place a huge amount of faith in this one bench scene.

Karin's flashback shows that her one prominent memory is Sasuke saving her from a bear. She sees him as her hero. This baffles me sort of, because since then he's been acting anything but that persona since she was introduced. He doesn't smile, he's driven by revenge, and she always found him to be 'cool' and liked that bad side of his.

The differences in treatment is that it is assumed that through Sakura's experiences with Sasuke, her sole reason for loving Sasuke is because she thought him to be something he wasn't, and not because as a teammate she got to spend time with him and her crush grew to care. With Karin the bear scene is supposedly her seeing into Sasuke's true nature deep down, and despite showing a lot of "fangirl" type infatuation early into her introduction, she somehow has a greater insight into Sasuke than Sakura did. I feel Sakura had more of a reason to love him than Karin did, and the fact she was surprised that he would backstab her and that her motivation was that he 'saved' her, is sort of hard for me to really believe.

What applies to one should apply to the other. Now on Sasuke's side... Why would he like her more than Sakura? Depsite our dislike of SasuSaku, to deny that he considered her important is just being biased. SasuSaku had their scenes, certainly, and SasuKarin had a few as well. However, from what I see the love is very one-sided. Sasuke is not going to so easily fall in love when he has so many issues to deal with. If he can't even embrace Naruto, why do we as shippers have this need to insist that no, it's different for Sakura or Karin? It's very popular female fantasy--a woman will save her man from the darkness; change him to be better. Karin and Sakura both tried to reach Sasuke in different ways, and both ended up getting hurt. I really, really liked the way they connected together. They are hurting from their feelings. Karin even decided that she was done with Sasuke, and Sakura has decided she is putting her faith in Naruto to deal with Sasuke.

From my perspective, if SasuKarin has possibility than so does SasuSaku. It was what really bugged me early on when a lot of NaruSaku shippes jumped to a SasuKarin bandwagon. I don't like SasuSaku because I feel as a character Sasuke is going through too much to develop a realistic pairing. He for the majority of the time doesn't acknowledge the people that care about him, and quite frankly I find Sasuke's relationship (non romantic) with Naruto far more interesting to look into than what fangirl he's going to get with. He's a character that shouldn't be with anybody, not until he sorts himself out and that could take years. I respect Karin more if she lets him go. Her character since the introduction has been hugely Sasuke-centric, that it felt like that's all there was to her character. When she steps away from Sasuke, she actually has something to her. I'm rooting for both girls to move on. Karin doesn't need a pairing, Sasuke shouldn't have a pairing, and obviously I think Naruto and Sakura should get together.

#42 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:51 AM

I'd would love to see Naruto and Sakura with the Uchiha's Sharingan.

#43 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:07 AM

I like to think that just maybe if by some miraculous chance the Sasuke lives, that he and Karin will settle things out. Otherwise death is the only other solution, (and well ending up with no one). Funny thing is, even though I've always supported NaruSaku, I felt that when Karin was introduced, Sasuke had a chance to be with someone who accepted him for who he really was. I didn't join this fandom as a means of hating SasuSaku, if it where to happen I would be upset, but I'd live with it. So my choice is SasuKari and or death

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#44 Soundwave24

Soundwave24

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Creating

Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

I don't think Sasuke will end up with anybody.Also he is a run away ninja don't they kill them

Edited by Soundwave24, 03 July 2010 - 12:33 PM.

I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse it in the fire of destruction! I am Hakumen. The end has come!

#45 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

I don't think he'll end up with anyone because I think he'll die.

And even if he didn't die, I doubt that he would start a relationship with anyone, he just doesn't seem to be interested.

#46 narusakuof21

narusakuof21

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

his going to die alone case set and done.

#47 Danzo Baka

Danzo Baka

Danzo of da Root!!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Dining with hell minions~

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

No one... He is a loner to begin with, all I can see he keep pushing everyone around him away. What is it with this guy anyway? Revive Uchiha clan by himself? Seriously, Sasuke...be realistic sweat.gif You need a woman to do that

"Hiruzen its looks like it is my turn next... but i never did became Hokage"--- Danzo

"You are the leaves bathing in the sun I am the roots that grow in the dark"

#48 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 07:36 PM

Who do I think Sasuke will end up with?

Death.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#49 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

It's hard for me to think that arguments for the two main characters, Naruto and Sakura, who have an entire manga series of development are not as compelling as the introduction of a fangirl late into the story, who happened to have developed 'love' rather than idolization, for all the wrong reasons. To be honest, arguments against SasuSaku work very well against SasuKarin as well, and if you're seriously looking at both pairings, not in favour of either, you can tell SasuSaku and SasuKarin are incredibly similar.

Its not that theyre not as compelling. Instead its that they're just as compelling as the NaruSaku arguments. The SasuKarin development has been very specific and directed and allmost glaringly obvious on several occasions.

And the notion that Karin is a fan girl is simply not true at all. She has none of the expected attitudes of a fan girl, engages in none of the expected behaviors, and has none of the issues that fangirls have. her only so called ""fangirly""moments are done in the same comedic context of Sakura decking naruto.

If we are to beleive that because of those that Karin is a fangirl, then we must logically argue that Sakura is abusive to naruto in the same context.

As to the so called similarites between SasuSakua nd SasuKarin theyre arent any. the two are as dissimilar as the sun and the moon. SasuSaku is based on an illusion and the false premise that Sasuke was nice to Sakura once, and that she well remain eternally loyal to him because of a vague thank you.

SasuKarin is based like NaruSaku on mutually assured development between both characters. development which means that they move forward and have positive effects on each character.

the only stumbling block SasuKarin had its entire run was when Sasuke stabbed her, and that was almostaverted when Karin survived.

NaruSaku fans like to say that the reason why Sakura fell in love with Sasuke is because of the bench scene--she got the wrong image of Sasuke through Naruto's illusion. Catsi, you place a huge amount of faith in this one bench scene.

Karin's flashback shows that her one prominent memory is Sasuke saving her from a bear. She sees him as her hero. This baffles me sort of, because since then he's been acting anything but that persona since she was introduced. He doesn't smile, he's driven by revenge, and she always found him to be 'cool' and liked that bad side of his.

the difference though is we know in both cases who the real person behind the scene was ((Naruto in the bench scene and Sasuke in the Bear scene)) we can reasonably establish the intent of the scene and the feelings behind it from this knowledge.

the intent is that both scenes establish the foundations of the representative girls feelings for each person. and in the case of Naruto his feleings for Sakura.

Whats more important though is that when we see karin later reacting to Sasuke she does not hero worship him, in spite of the past she shows admiration and loyalty sure, but she is quite willing to tell him off on more then one occasion, and she stands by his side rather than at his back. the exception to this is when Sasuke himself asks her to watch his back thus putting her in his most vulnerable spot.

The differences in treatment is that it is assumed that through Sakura's experiences with Sasuke, her sole reason for loving Sasuke is because she thought him to be something he wasn't, and not because as a teammate she got to spend time with him and her crush grew to care. With Karin the bear scene is supposedly her seeing into Sasuke's true nature deep down, and despite showing a lot of "fangirl" type infatuation early into her introduction, she somehow has a greater insight into Sasuke than Sakura did. I feel Sakura had more of a reason to love him than Karin did, and the fact she was surprised that he would backstab her and that her motivation was that he 'saved' her, is sort of hard for me to really believe.

This is not why i assign the importance to the bench scene for sakuras feelings to Sasuke. while yes she did spend time with him and grew to care about him, it is the foundation of those feelings that are at question, the root of the tree so to speak which is illusory.

As to karin we can make a similar reasonable assumption that karin has spent 2 and half years with him getting to know him, especially given both Sasukes and Suigetsus comments about "what they did together" and Sasuke specifcally stating on more then one occasion that he and I quote here ""Needs her"". He does not state this about either Suigetsu or Juugo ever at any time. He always states that he needs karin.

Hence She has this greater insight into him based on the fact that her foundation or root if you will is base don the real Sasuke, and she has had more time together with him than Sakura ever had.

simply put the actual truth is that Karin has more reason to love Sasuke then Sakura ever had, Sasuke has never said ""I need you Sakura"", he has never acknowledged her past being a teamate, and never acknowledged even that to ehr face. He has never stated any form of affection towards Sakura ever. the one time he expressed the desire to keep her safe was to naruto during the gaara fight and even then it was expressed in the context of precious comerades ((Plural))

What applies to one should apply to the other. Now on Sasuke's side... Why would he like her more than Sakura? Depsite our dislike of SasuSaku, to deny that he considered her important is just being biased. SasuSaku had their scenes, certainly, and SasuKarin had a few as well. However, from what I see the love is very one-sided. Sasuke is not going to so easily fall in love when he has so many issues to deal with. If he can't even embrace Naruto, why do we as shippers have this need to insist that no, it's different for Sakura or Karin? It's very popular female fantasy--a woman will save her man from the darkness; change him to be better. Karin and Sakura both tried to reach Sasuke in different ways, and both ended up getting hurt. I really, really liked the way they connected together. They are hurting from their feelings. Karin even decided that she was done with Sasuke, and Sakura has decided she is putting her faith in Naruto to deal with Sasuke

Why wouldnt he like Sakura more than Karin? simple answer the same reason he told Naruto, she doesnt and couldnt understand him. Hell If Naruto who lost both parents at birth and was alone couldnt understand him how can Sakura who always had her parents ever hope to?

Karin lost her entire village. She and Sasuke share a common pain, and can understand each other based on that. based on that pain which is mirroed in Sasukes own words to Naruto.

while I would never deny that Sakura garnered some importance to Sasuke it was only ever as a teamate and possibly towards the end as a friend. evidence supports this conclusion given his flashbacks. However there is no evidence anecdotal or otherwise to support any conclusion that he cared for her as more at anytime.

with Karin the one key is that she was not trying to save him from Darkness at the time she was with him. in point of fact I would argue that they werent in Darkness. he was almost certianly straddling the line but Untill he killed those Samurai in Iron Country his biggest crime was defecting from the Leaf.

Karin simply joined him of her own accord, and while traveling with him supported him in her own fashion. Her role actually became more vital as she was used by Kishimoto to showcase Sasukes true fall into darkness. his stabbing of her was in the end that ultimate betrayal. his discarding of someone whod stood by him unconditionally.

Now I alos agree I like the way Sakura and Karin connected and I feel it will become important later on as they strive against Sasuke.

From my perspective, if SasuKarin has possibility than so does SasuSaku. It was what really bugged me early on when a lot of NaruSaku shippes jumped to a SasuKarin bandwagon. I don't like SasuSaku because I feel as a character Sasuke is going through too much to develop a realistic pairing. He for the majority of the time doesn't acknowledge the people that care about him, and quite frankly I find Sasuke's relationship (non romantic) with Naruto far more interesting to look into than what fangirl he's going to get with. He's a character that shouldn't be with anybody, not until he sorts himself out and that could take years. I respect Karin more if she lets him go. Her character since the introduction has been hugely Sasuke-centric, that it felt like that's all there was to her character. When she steps away from Sasuke, she actually has something to her. I'm rooting for both girls to move on. Karin doesn't need a pairing, Sasuke shouldn't have a pairing, and obviously I think Naruto and Sakura should get together.

to conclude this for me SasuSaku has never had any chance. Save on. if it had been Sasuke on the bench that day who said Sakuras little fairy tale then yes it would have a chance. But it wasnt. There was never any development between the two after that moment save the thank you and that was at best vague in its context and meaning.

As to karin being Sasuke centric I agree but not for the reason of fangirlism that many think. She was designed from the start to be a counter part to Sasuke, the similarities between the two are startling phyisically as well as their personalites.

to borrow a line from Mizuras NaruSaku manifesto ""Similars attract and interact"" Sasuke and Sakura have never been similar to each other save in that they got good grades in school.

karin and Sasuke though share multiple personality quirks that link them far more thoroughly than sasuke and anyone else.

As to whether Sasuke will end up with her in the end, i dont know. Im more inclined to believe that it will end NaruSaku with Sasuke starting anew with Karin as a possibility. Sasuke will begin to rebuild but slowly by being a friend to karin first and continuing from there.

thats the point of Sasukes character to me, that redemption and being saved from his darkness. That reestablishment of trust which will be crucial for that.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#50 ShippudenGirl

ShippudenGirl

Happy-Go-Lucky

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:56 PM

A coffin =D

#51 Kaiser-Uzumaki

Kaiser-Uzumaki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (Strangelove @ May 3 2010, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
revenge...he and revenge will have a wedding...right before Naruto enters and says "I object" xD

haha cant stop laughing about that one, so true though
NO LIMITS!!!

#52 Kaiser-Uzumaki

Kaiser-Uzumaki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Soundwave24 @ Jul 3 2010, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think Sasuke will end up with anybody.Also he is a run away ninja don't they kill them

i agree with you, and the proper name of a missing ninja is rogue ninja. i voted for no one biggrin.gif
NO LIMITS!!!

#53 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

Watch the bashing guys, i know i'm guilty as charge before but we can do better. happy.gif

#54 Naruto_Sage

Naruto_Sage

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

He is on a path to distruction so no one

A LIVING LEGEND

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users