488 replies to this topic

#41 narusakuforlife1667

narusakuforlife1667

Kaneki Ken did nothing wrong!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:-My bae Blake is my interest if you know what I mean
    -NaruSaku are my babies they deserve to be together and have many children together because they deserve it
    -EreMika *.*/
    -Madoka Magica will forever be my top 10 anime

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Man im posting a lot here oh well I have nothing to do

I just hope Kishi stops this whole Flashback thing going on this is one of the reasons I stopped reading the manga and watching the episodes

I get my hopes high for next week to get flashbacks or fillers

The whole Sasuke thing I mean truly he is no match for Naruto but seems like now we have Sasuke getting even with Naruto in strength again ughh

I really didn't like this chapter at all im looking forward to seeing Tsunade though so yay

But I need Sakura back in the manga :umm: shes the reason I still bother to watch/read Naruto

Man I should go on and catch up with One Piece its getting good now and im barely at episode 50 :wallbash: I said 5 years ago Im going to watch Naruto for a while then go back to One Piece but then I got hooked to the whole team 7 thing and stopped watching One Piece I still read the manga though

but that was totally off topic so lets put this short I want Sakura to join in somehow wich I doubt

I mean they show Sasuke and Naruto the two main characters so why not show the heroine Sakura already ugggh really kishi realy :down:

One Piece here I come Ill read The Naruto manga in 5 more weeks so I wont be disappointed :hehehe: anymore than I already had been :sweatdrop:

http://glimmeringsky1890.tumblr.com

Also if you want visit my fanfiction account

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5372808

#42 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

I actually kinda liked this chapter, especially with some history behind the meeting first Gokages, and the current Gokages finally arriving to the battlefield. I was kinda hoping Sakura would appear in this chapter, but we've still got a while since this volume just started. 

My review: 

Edited by LuckyChi7, 25 September 2013 - 07:00 AM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#43 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

This may just be my own thoughts on the matter but I don't believe that Kishi will centre too much on the political climate in this volume. He's been trying to emphasise the emotional angle of international uniformity rather than go into much depth about governmental policy. I think that trend will continue in the following chapters as well. Even in this flashback you could understand that Hashirama was trying to appeal to the notions of idealism and love even as the other Kages and Tobirama were speaking in a formal and businesslike tone. He truly embodies the beliefs of the Younger Son. 

Yes maybe political issues less but more on the idea of cooperation and not on the idea of fighting for what you want to obtain.

For example Kishi decided to show a conflict of interests between the sand and leaf village, but in the current time frame Gaara and Naruto are best friends and share similar experiences as tailed beast hosts.

Jeez..flashbacks. I was expecting some action.

Also..

Is it only me or this second guy looks like Orochimaru (maybe his dad)?

9fhhlwN.png

according to the images they should be the second kazekages mizukages tsuchikages and raikages.

#44 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Also..

9fhhlwN.png

I don't think so. That's the one who accompanied one of the Kages... Maybe Kazekage?

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#45 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Also..

9fhhlwN.png

That he does. It's odd though because he's the bodyguard of the Mizukage. More than likely it's just a coincidence. The original shinobi whom Orochimaru impersonated in the Chunin Exams resembled him quite a bit despite being just a random Genin from the Grass country. Personally I chalk these similarities up to Kishi rehashing character designs. 

Did anyone else notice that all of those men except for the Orochimaru look-alike are the 2nd Kage of their respective home villages? You can obviously make out Muu from the features of the man in the second panel from the right and the man with facial hair appears to be the 2nd Raikage in his early adulthood. From what I gather it seems like every Kage line with the exception of the Mizukage's had their first successor act as a bodyguard of the 1st before receiving the position. 

Edited by Atheck, 25 September 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#46 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

That he does. It's odd though because he's the bodyguard of the Mizukage. More than likely it's just a coincidence. The original shinobi whom Orochimaru impersonated resembled quite a bit despite being just a random Genin from the Grass country. Personally I chalk these similarities up to Kishi rehasing character designs. 

Did anyone else notice that all of those men except for the Orochimaru look-alike are the 2nd Kage of their respective home villages? You can obviously make out Muu from the features of the man in the second panel from the right and the man with facial hair appears to be the 2nd Raikage in his early adulthood. From what I gather it seems like every Kage line with the exception of the Mizukage's had their first successor act as a bodyguard of the 1st before receiving the position. 

I think they were playing advisor just like Tobirama was to Hashirama than bodyguard. But then again it's not like they couldn't fight.

#47 That Uchiha

That Uchiha

The Avatar's Love

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:Korrasami, The Legend of Korra, Avatar: the Last Airbender, The 100

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Also..

9fhhlwN.png

What a bad ass head tattoo. 

307yhqh.gif

"Asami is Korra's Heart"
[follow for more korrasami & atla / lok]

#48 Psychox

Psychox

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Interests:Football, Swimming, Free-running, Working ,Studying ,Music,Assassin's Creed ... Metallica , Iron Maiden , System of a down , Rammstein , Skillet , Disturbed ,Groove Coverage, Serj Tankian's Singles, DJ Kelly Bailey,DJ DarkZone, Vocal Trance ,Powerwolf,Slayer ,Judas Priest ,Manowar , Linkin Park ,Nickelback.. And many many more :)

And NaruSaku of course ^^

I apply my heart to no wisdom, and to know madness and folly. I perceived that this also was a chasing of the wind. For in much wisdom is much grief; and he who increased knowledge, increased sorrow.

Nobis non domine non nobis.

Laa shay'a waqui'n moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine.

Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito .

Das ist Wilde Verwegen Jagd .

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Also..

9fhhlwN.png

Its a look alike, another snake in the grass i think :P.

narusaku_signature_by_xsakuraharuno-d5d7

#49 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

What a bad ass head tattoo. 

a bald guy with dragon tatto.

#50 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Well, I got not much to say for this week. Darn. I did guess it will be a setup for one last final movement. Turns out I was right, Wish I wasn't. Lol. So couple of things.

- Sasuke will get his final powerups from Orochimaru. Ok. I guessed it and if it does happens, called it.

- Make sense to have Juugo around. Should ask the seal back if not learn the sage, though it depends. He seems kind the guy who wants shortcut if you have noticed.

- First meeting ever. It was about the hope to see everyone united for one time yet the only time would be their last UNLESS they do something and fight back with everything they got.

- Obito is getting annoyed at Naruto more than ever. I sensed foreshadowing.

Overall, not bad, but left nothing to talk about much now. It would seem Naruto is definitely at his last stand. He asked for more and he is going alone (with Sasuke). So yeah, this is it then. That said yeah, nothing else. Lol. My review is going to be so short. :P

#51 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

@ns4life

do you think this arc(or obito vs alliance) will end in this volume?

#52 lupina

lupina

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Sasuke gets Senju powers in a nutshell ... annoyed me.

I hope Karin does not become a pure comedy charakter.

Full chapter of flashbacks ... so yeah. Feels like a filler. 

"We live in a world that is so quick to convince us to ignore our feelings. Feeling stressed? Get a massage. Feeling angry? Go to the bar with your friends and blow off steam. Feeling lonely? Meet someone in cyberspace and have a conversation on the computer. Depressed? Take a pill. Anxiety? Take 2 pills. Feeling happy? Well, by George, don’t talk about that because no one likes a bragger. Same with being sad, no one likes a Debbie Downer. But, heaven FORBID, that you actually TALK about your feelings and process them in a healthy way."

- Amy Cassidy

#53 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

Yes maybe political issues less but more on the idea of cooperation and not on the idea of fighting for what you want to obtain.
For example Kishi decided to show a conflict of interests between the sand and leaf village, but in the current time frame Gaara and Naruto are best friends and share similar experiences as tailed beast hosts.

Of course. They're all cooperating both militarily and ideologically now. All five nations are united with a common reason to fight and they all witnessed the same flashbacks courtesy of Naruto and Hashirama. The latter has to amount to something in all of this. 

I think they were playing advisor just like Tobirama was to Hashirama than bodyguard. But then again it's not like they couldn't fight.

Advisor/Bodyguard sounds like an appropriate designation for them. 

Regarding SSM: Can someone please explain how and why this chapter has increased the chances of it occurring? This chapter was mostly concentrated on the past and Hashirama. The only other significant events that occurred were the Kages arriving, Sasuke using the Curse Seal for a necessary senjutsu supplement, and the fight against Tobi continuing. 

I could understand if someone were to argue that the chances of Madara developing Sage Mode have been increased since he is literally attacking Hashirama with that chakra manipulating rod now. 

This chapter does present an interesting prospect with Juugo remotely supplying Sasuke and his Susanoo with natural energy. Naruto could distribute his sage chakra to the Alliance shinobi, Sakura included, in a later chapter. That could give them the means to fight back against the tree monster. Remember that sage chakra is not the same as natural energy. The former is demonstrably usable and harmless for non sages.

#54 LivinG_Dead

LivinG_Dead

A Detective

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Manga and anime, mainly Detective conan/Case closed and Naruto

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

- Sasuke will get his final powerups from Orochimaru. Ok. I guessed it and if it does happens, called it.

Yeah I also think so.

Maybe a more powerful and unique Susanoo with offensive/defensive capabilities like BM/BSM Naruto.

Or something similar to Cursed seal form.

DPqgMVy.png

I ship Conan and Ai. :love:

#55 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

because it's kishi style, just like tsukoyomi, amaterasu, susanoo, izanagi and izanami.

if it's imposible, kishi will not make snake sage mode and mentioning shikkitotsu forest along with the other two place.

and kishi can/will explain it, if it happen. i mean kishi only give sakura power up after the guy got super power up so sakura never overshadow the other two.

#56 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Natural Energy + chakra = Sage Chakra. If Sakura can gather Natural Energy she'll be able as well to go SSM and use all the things that a possible SSM has to offer.

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#57 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:41 AM

@ns4life

do you think this arc(or obito vs alliance) will end in this volume?

Yes, here's why. We just learned that Naruto got his chakra back from Minato. Naruto is already at his limit, basically. He can't do too much as in go on for like 30 minutes, even though the limit is 15. That said this is the last volume because of Naruto. If Naruto is out, it's game over. Sasuke can't do it alone. Takes two to tango or in this case, all of them. Plus, Naruto needs to be alive and up to take on Obito in a non-renegade way. Remember, if Sasuke takes control, no doubt he will kill Bijuus as Naruto is still out. Naruto must settle this and noticed that Obito only got interest in Naruto because when Sasuke strikes, he was like, "...", but when Naruto is back up, he is upset. Think as the last Matrix movie, the villain starts to get really pissed on why the hero keeps coming back. Obito is getting to his boiling point. He's calm because of his plan and his power, but sooner or later, everything will backfire.

Yes, I do see this as the end of the battle and Orochimaru has foreshadowed that one, Sasuke will get stronger than Madara, and two, he didn't hit that peak BUT Orochimaru knows how, hence why he wants his body, so that would mean one more arc, which will have Sasuke get his final powerups. That way, Naruto and Sasuke will be equal in combat. So at least that's assuring me that the battle won't be one-sided. That said yeah I feel like my prediction is coming true that once this war ends, Sasuke will disappear with Taka and Orochimaru to receive one more powerup. That I like where is it going. As for parallel, one chapter and now everyone is about to get in combat. Just remember one thing, Naruto is at his limit. So think about that.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 25 September 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#58 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

That doesn't explain how this chapter reinforces or strengthens the argument in favour of SSM. 

#59 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

......flashbacks + no sakura - action = don't care.

ever since that long gap without sakura...I've been really impatient when kishi doesn't show her....and my like for the chapter drops.

.......well.....flashbacks don't help either lol

Edited by merryGOflava, 25 September 2013 - 07:49 AM.

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#60 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

-_- flashback... I can't. This was a total waste.

And I care not if I'm the only one but no Sakura means no happy Houston.

I'm right beside you on that. I regret staying up for this.

Yeah a real letdown this chapter

40283620121415711s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users