45 replies to this topic

#1 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:29 PM

With the new anime season, Spring 2015 has a lot of new animes to offer. One of the most promising and touching animes I've encountered so far is an anime called Plastic Memories animated by Studio Doga Kobo.

e4fdffeda3d57e9422c8f0cd2175df6c.jpg

Summary from ANN:

In a future not too far away, androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen. However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, it gets pretty bad. For this reason, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids.

Trailer:

Highly recommend this anime to people who love emotional series. Isla and Tsukasa make up a dynamic and hilarious duo and always give a good laughter. A new episode is released every Saturday/Sunday and apparently will last 12-13 episodes (according to wiki).

Edited by trang95, 18 April 2015 - 11:17 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts
  • Interests:Sequel of Final Mission Status!

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:19 PM

Is it an anime where the human loves the android?

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#3 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:25 PM

Is it an anime where the human loves the android?

Yes, at least it looks like it. I thought it was cliche at the very beginning tbh, but it got a lot better as the story progressed.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."

#4 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:27 PM

Yes, at least it looks like it. I thought it was cliche at the very beginning tbh, but it got a lot better as the story progressed.

Does the human end up with the android like in Chobits?

Even a rock has something it can be used for. There's a way for them to shine that even a jewel can't compare to - Sakamochi Tatsuma :lulz:

#5 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:32 PM

I don't know. We're only 3 episodes in so far. If you ask me: Most likely not.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#6 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:41 PM

I don't know. We're only 3 episodes in so far. If you ask me: Most likely not.

How many episodes it would be? If the human will end up with the android, I definitely will scratch on my list :P

#7 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

How many episodes it would be? If the human will end up with the android, I definitely will scratch on my list :P

why the prejudioce against humanx robot relationships :hm:  :chuckle:

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#8 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

No idea :shrug:

I mean, there's a certain scene in the second episode that makes it highly unlikely for them to get together in the end if you ask me...

EDIT: According to wiki, 12-13 episodes.

Edited by trang95, 18 April 2015 - 11:16 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#9 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:11 PM

Didn't you like it in Chobits that they ended up together? I haven't read the manga yet.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#10 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:45 AM

I've not watched it yet, though I did download the first two episodes, I'm guessing the premise is the group including the android are responsible for robot retrieval, that require maintenance due to data curruption and need a system reset, and the team will face a situation where they themselves will need to send thier own android they have bonded with in for a fresh install as well. Or ofcourse it might take a dark turn and they need to retrieve the robots as they start to become self aware and become a potential threat to humanity...that might be cool.

iAnby7W.gif

#11 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:54 AM

I've not watched it yet, though I did download the first two episodes, I'm guessing the premise is the group including the android are responsible for robot retrieval, that require maintenance due to data curruption and need a system reset, and the team will face a situation where they themselves will need to send thier own android they have bonded with in for a fresh install as well. Or ofcourse it might take a dark turn and they need to retrieve the robots as they start to become self aware and become a potential threat to humanity...that might be cool.

So far it hasn't gone down a dark route (but like you said, that'd be interesting). Since this is an anime original (not based on a manga, lightnovel, or game as far as I know of), no one knows how this anime will end.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#12 Popuri

Popuri

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,393 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

why the prejudioce against humanx robot relationships :hm:  :chuckle:

I was talking based on chobits. The humans chooses to be with his chobits forever. Have you read it? If it's relationship that's like Baymax and Hiro (or Jiro?), I don't mind.

No idea :shrug:

I mean, there's a certain scene in the second episode that makes it highly unlikely for them to get together in the end if you ask me...

EDIT: According to wiki, 12-13 episodes.

I see. I like short anime :lol:

Didn't you like it in Chobits that they ended up together? I haven't read the manga yet.

I read the manga. They end up together like lovers not bestfriend. I'm realistic. I'm not gonna choose chobits although it's good looking, compared to human, I'm gonna choose human. :P

Edited by xpopurix, 19 April 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#13 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

I was talking based on chobits. The humans chooses to be with his chobits forever. Have you read it? If it's relationship that's like Baymax and Hiro (or Jiro?), I don't mind.

I see. I like short anime :lol:

I read the manga. They end up together like lovers not bestfriend. I'm realistic. I'm not gonna choose chobits although it's good looking, compared to human, I'm gonna choose human. :P

The manga must of had left a bad taste with regards to relationships b/w human and androids... I don 't mind it since it's just fiction :zaru:

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#14 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

I wasn't really sure what to expect, since it seemed like kind of a generic Sci-Fi plot, but I've been liking it so far. It's probably going to be sad.

#15 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

I wasn't really sure what to expect, since it seemed like kind of a generic Sci-Fi plot, but I've been liking it so far. It's probably going to be sad.

Most likely it will be.

I've noticed how the romantic comedy approach didn't sit well with a few people though. I'm fine with it as long as this doesn't occur too often.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#16 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

Most likely it will be.

I've noticed how the romantic comedy approach didn't sit well with a few people though. I'm fine with it as long as this doesn't occur too often.

I'm hoping it'll get a little more into the plot soon, like I'm wondering what exactly is the reason they need to retrieve the Giftias before the end of their life span, and what happens if they don't. It seems like something more serious than they just stop functioning, or that's the feeling I get.

#17 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

I'm hoping it'll get a little more into the plot soon, like I'm wondering what exactly is the reason they need to retrieve the Giftias before the end of their life span, and what happens if they don't. It seems like something more serious than they just stop functioning, or that's the feeling I get.

That's what I'm wondering, too. When I start watching an anime, I always keep the circumstances in the back of my mind to motivate me to keep watching an anime (like in Gintama). Some people have already decided to drop this anime w/out even finding out about this crucial plot point.

I'm sure it's something bad... At least the premise hints at it.

Edited by trang95, 19 April 2015 - 06:27 PM.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#18 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

Episode 4 is out: http://kissanime.com...e-004?id=105628

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#19 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

Episode 4

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

#20 Mixer

Mixer

✨Unicorn✨

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:28 PM

Ah I'll try catch up on the anime today:D

tumblr_nsqg2qQqZ61utjwzwo1_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sci-Fi, romance, Studio Doga Kobo, kawai, tearbreaker, comedy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users