• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/548

I'm interested in the cover image.
(No spoilers for a fantasy image.)
Sakura looks nice in a summer smock. wub.gif
I keep forgetting that this "world" has electricity (the power lines next to Kakashi in the fields).

Edited by RedDelicious, 20 July 2011 - 04:08 PM.

#2 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

It might be a stretch, but I want to know soon what Itachi gave Naruto during the crowjob... Looking forward to the next!

And oh wait, the color pages... *faints*

#3 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:14 PM

Well, they gave us some flashback and contents about healing a broken heart which is always nice and Gaara was actually crying which makes this chapter worth it in a good way. Man, that father deserves what he's gotten. Now, we got to wait another week for Nagato/Itachi vs Naruto/Bee.

That cover of a summer's day does look nice.

Edited by anguyen92, 20 July 2011 - 04:20 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#4 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

The summer cover looks nice love the team seven moment. The conclusion to Gaara's match was amazing and it was sad to see Gaara cry like that truly heartwarming. Like I said next chapter will be epic with Naruto, Bee against Itachi and Nagato.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#5 pharix

pharix

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

how is Nagato gonna fight if he can't even walk on his own O.o

also /sadface at

#6 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

I have nothing to say about Gaara, it was cute but wasn't very interesting to me. I hope that's the end of that. Naruto and Itachi... I'm in heaven. love.gif biggrin.gif

Maybe he just likes being carried around by Itachi. I know I would. wink.gif

#7 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

I just remembered something that has gotten me really really excited about this upcoming fight!
I don't know how this would occur, whereas Itachi is perhaps the likely key to all this, but what if Naruto
and Nagato finally discovered that they were both Uzumaki somehow! I don't see this upcoming fight
as being action packed but eventful in terms of information that Itachi and Nagato will reveal.

#8 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Nice Chapter --Click here to view--
Did I understand right? Gaara forgave or at least was grateful to his Dad for telling him the truth and his Dad's edo tensei was released?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

I found the Gaara scenes very touching. The image of that blood-red "love" tattoo, so prominent on his tear-tracked face, so sad. I think his transformation has been more remarkable than Naruto's in some ways. Gaara's life was much harder, all the way around. He was really held hostage by everyone, his family and shukaku included. He didn't break free of that until Naruto. Naruto, however, didn't seem to have such outright hatred (assasination attempts) coupled with a crazy bijuu (insomnia, etc.). So this resolution was especially touching. Naruto had strong self love, coupled with team bonds quite early on; Gaara's emotional anguish from an even younger age is on par with Sasuke's, I think.

On the flip side, I'm not terribly interested in the other battle in this chap (oonoki? is that his name?). This is one of those instances where I have a hard time generation enthusiasm for characters brought fairly recently to the manga. I'd rather see a backstory of one of the rookies, than a kage from another country who has no significant ties to anyone in the Leaf's main cast. But this may also be a way of keeping the story fresh for new and old readers. So, no biggie - just a personal preference.

The summer pic is cute. It's nice to see Team 7. Very fan-fic-y pic! On a side note, we talk about signs of NS over NH, and I think these little graphics would be an easy way for Kishi to push another pairing in the foreground, in a non-plot developing way. Instead, it's nice to see the focus on the main group, when they haven't been together in a scene, in any way (meaning not even just Naruto and Sakura), in ages and ages.

edit: oh yeah, glad the focus was more on his mom's love than the deadbeat dad.

Edited by tricksie, 20 July 2011 - 05:43 PM.

#10 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

It's good to see Gaara finally get some much needed justice on his side and it was definitely nice seeing some character development for him since we really didn't know how poor Gaara was tortured as a kid and seeing Naruto and Bee go up against Itachi and Nagato is going to be something, it almost feels nostalgic in a way. tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#11 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

TEAM SEVEN PICTURE!!!!......sasuke....*sniff* i love how sakura looked and naruto is just adorable.........sasuke...*sniff*
oh and cant wait for next chapter >:D itachi!!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#12 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Jul 20 2011, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have nothing to say about Gaara, it was cute but wasn't very interesting to me. I hope that's the end of that. Naruto and Itachi... I'm in heaven. love.gif biggrin.gif

Maybe he just likes being carried around by Itachi. I know I would. wink.gif

Well Nina Nee-chan Garra is one of my favorite characters and its interesting to me and id like to know more about him. Ok back on topic this chapter was one of my favorites it really got to me about what happened to Garra and how his mother loves him. Cant wait for next week this is going to be good I can already tell.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#13 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Jul 20 2011, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Nina Nee-chan Garra is one of my favorite characters and its interesting to me and id like to know more about him. Ok back on topic this chapter was one of my favorites it really got to me about what happened to Garra and how his mother loves him. Cant wait for next week this is going to be good I can already tell.

I was just saying it personally wasn't very interesting to me, but I have nothing against it. Anyway, if you love Gaara, I love him too.

#14 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Glad Gaara got some closure and I enjoyed it.

Now onto why I really enjoyed this chapter. Itachi and Nagato....o how I have missed you. Like someone said earlier. Probably going to be more information giving than an actual fight...bleh. I want an actual fight. Maybe it will be. Who knows?

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#15 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Well, now that I've stopped crying like a little girl, I can talk about the chapter.

Loved it. Gaara is such a great character, I love that he finally got some answers to questions, and that he knows now that both his mother and his uncle loved him. I just wanted to hug him during this chapter. He looked like he needed it.

I'm glad that the Fourth Kazekage wasn't completely redeemed. He'd done far too many things to too many people to be given any kind of real forgiveness.

The Second Mizukage can summon giant clams. I don't know why, but I find this endlessly amusing. biggrin.gif

Naruto and B versus Nagato and Itachi? Interesting match up. I don't think Kabuto would have sent them to encounter those two if he didn't have a plan, so I'm excited to see what it is.

I just hope we finally get an answer to what the power was that Itachi gave Naruto. It's been hundreds of chapters already, I wanna know!

#16 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:06 PM

OMG! Didn't I ask for more EyeBromance in the 547 thread or the NaruSaku chatroom? I got my wish! Here's hopin' we see more elaboration of whatever it was Itachi gave to Naruto.

I also like how the former Kages are actively helping their own former ninja by blurting out their weaknesses despite being unable to control their body. Despite their differences, it seems like all Kages are willing to protect their own.

#17 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Jul 20 2011, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG! Didn't I ask for more EyeBromance in the 547 thread or the NaruSaku chatroom? I got my wish! Here's hopin' we see more elaboration of whatever it was Itachi gave to Naruto.

I also like how the former Kages are actively helping their own former ninja by blurting out their weaknesses despite being unable to control their body. Despite their differences, it seems like all Kages are willing to protect their own.

Yes, you did actually and I agree, hopefully we will see what sort of powers did Itachi gave Naruto and how it would play long term, and we're almost at 550, what do you guys think will happen there?

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

The manga is picking up High pace! It is definitely making up for the lack of NS as of late! a_dance.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#19 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

fairly confident we wont see itachis gift to naruto until the Sasuke battle at the end. its the pattern for such a battle and this type of story.

howwver we may very well receive some insight into that gift and a further strengthening of narutos resolve.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#20 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

^_____________________________^ --Click here to view--

Edited by Dreamer, 21 July 2011 - 12:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users