Close
Photo

Is Naruto the Last the worst movie?

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Poll: Worst movie ever (65 member(s) have cast votes)

Worst movie

1. HELL YES IT IS!! (17 votes [26.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.15%

2. In my top 5 (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. Worst Naruto film (26 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

4. Ehh it was okay (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

5. Never seen it. (13 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:24 AM

I know I've never seen it it but what I want to know is Naruto the Last the worst movie you have ever seen? 

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 02 July 2015 - 02:26 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#2 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:32 AM

Not really. Its bad but I can think of plenty of worst movies. The last Airbender and DB Evolution come to mind.

There are some positives in the Last such as the animation and music

#3 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

The Last is the worst movie in the series bar none. All time? Well, not really but I will put it in a really bad category. Like low 30s in metacritic scale.

#4 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

"I know I've never seen it it but what I want to know is Naruto the Last the worst movie you have ever seen?"

Well I suppose this means people who haven't watched the movie can't give their input, right? All I can say is that the film bastardised countless characters and pandered to specific fringe groups, most notably the Pierrot fanatics who spend more resources adding high quality detail to Hinata's sweat droplets instead of giving proper animation and care to the epic battle against Obito/Madara. Instead of using this additional production time and resources to give a proper send-off to the core cast of characters, they wasted time and manipulated people into watching an hour long documentary about the woes of poor sniveling Hinata and her self-obsessed "love" for Naruto.  

Out of all the Naruto films, it's certainly the worst. A 3/10 tops, and that's mostly because of the crisp artwork and animation. 

Edited by Atheck, 02 July 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#5 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

"I know I've never seen it it but what I want to know is Naruto the Last the worst movie you have ever seen?"

Well I suppose this means people who haven't watched the movie can't give their input, right? All I can say is that the film bastardised countless characters and pandered to specific fringe groups, most notably the Pierrot fanatics who spend more resources adding high quality detail to Hinata's sweat droplets instead of giving proper animation and care to the epic battle against Obito/Madara. Instead of using this additional production time and resources to give a proper send-off to the core cast of characters, they wasted time and manipulated people into watching an hour long documentary about the woes of poor sniveling Hinata and her self-obsessed "love" for Naruto.  

Out of all the Naruto films, it's certainly the worst. A 3/10 tops, and that's mostly because of the crisp artwork and animation. 

Funny, because that's where I would rate it at.

#6 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

It's not just the movie. The ending alltogether is the worst manga ending I've seen tho. And just wait till the Boruto comes out, maybe it tops it. From what I've heard Kishi wrote it himself and thinks of it as his masterpiece trololol.

ナルサク

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

Not really. Its bad but I can think of plenty of worst movies. The last Airbender and DB Evolution come to mind.

There are some positives in the Last such as the animation and music

Well at least those were consistent, besides live action doesn't do those supernatural elements justice.

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 July 2015 - 01:22 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

It's not just the movie. The ending alltogether is the worst manga ending I've seen tho. And just wait till the Boruto comes out, maybe it tops it. From what I've heard Kishi wrote it himself and thinks of it as his masterpiece trololol.

After Gaiden, you just can't trust anymore.

#9 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:50 AM

Guys....

I'm very confused. 

I know it's waaaaay old news, and I don't want to bring back any ill feelings for anyone, but... I ventured to watch Naruto the Last movie.

And as a movie, on it's own, with no prior knowledge to the series. It's a good anime movie with good art and animation. The cuts between the past and the present when thickly layering on NaruHina are actually really well directed.

Shipping wars aside, it's also a really good Naruto movie. I actually liked the movie a lot. And now... I run away!

200.gif

But...

giphy.gif

Vash = Narusaku me

Kaite = Me

I know they used this movie to fill in a lot of holes between the Naruto and Hinata relationship, but I was never fully against it and I didn't think it was an impossible outcome. And yes, the explanation for why Naruto loved Sakura were complete and utter BS, and yes Sakura choosing to love Sasuke still is BS. But again, on the merits of a movie on it's own and even looking at it without shipping bias, as another Naruto movie, this is a good one. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:58 AM

@chouzo tao
The problem with the last, it's a canon movie.
It practically retcon some of naruto manga fact.

And the reason why it has good animation because it take two years of making.

#11 Comy

Comy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

Attack on Titan creator doesn't know why people didn't like the movie

Attack on Titan, or to give it its original title, Shingeki no Kyujin, has been a worldwide success. It’s spawned many spin off manga series, an anime cartoon, games and most recently a live action movie. Unfortunately for those involved with that latter property however, it bombed and reviewed horribly. One fan of it though, was original series creator Isayama Hajime, who has reached out to fans to ask them to tell him just why they thought the movie stank.

During a chat with Yahoo News, Isayama said he’d heard a lot of different opinions about the movie, and wanted to take in the good and the bad, “if only to understand them.”

Perhaps he can’t see the forest for the trees, since he was supposedly quite involved in the production of the movie. However if his influence on its creation was a heavy one, it will leave fans even more confused, as the modern setting, changed up characters and less-than-stellar special effects left a lot of Japanese fans angry.

The fact that Levi doesn’t even feature didn’t go over well either.

While the movie’s IMDB rating is currently at a reasonable level, its Yahoo Japan’s movie page has it rated at just over two stars out of five.Kotaku too slammed it for ditching much of what made the original anime and manga great.

At least he tries to show concern...unlike Ki$hi

waplrk.jpg

#12 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, critics and fans pretty much hate it. You can say that mixed of both helped the sales to go lowered for the movie. They wanted to earn 6 billion yen, but that chance is very slim that you might as well say no chance in hell. I do appreciate the creator checking out the bad. I don't know what exactly made it flop, but my guess is not just the direction it takes as in change-up, rather what to do with those change-up.

#13 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:35 AM

@chouzo tao
The problem with the last, it's a canon movie.
It practically retcon some of naruto manga fact.

And the reason why it has good animation because it take two years of making.

I don't mind that it's canon. I haven't visited the series in a long while. What facts did they retcon? The fact that they had more time to do animation and art style well, doesn't change the fact that it is done well. And having more time doesn't necessarily mean quality on anything will be better. They could've had a crappy animation team and even if they were given two years, it may have still turned out like poo. But this didn't. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#14 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

Guys....

I'm very confused. 

I know it's waaaaay old news, and I don't want to bring back any ill feelings for anyone, but... I ventured to watch Naruto the Last movie.

And as a movie, on it's own, with no prior knowledge to the series. It's a good anime movie with good art and animation. The cuts between the past and the present when thickly layering on NaruHina are actually really well directed.

Shipping wars aside, it's also a really good Naruto movie. I actually liked the movie a lot. And now... I run away!

200.gif

But...

giphy.gif

Vash = Narusaku me

Kaite = Me

I know they used this movie to fill in a lot of holes between the Naruto and Hinata relationship, but I was never fully against it and I didn't think it was an impossible outcome. And yes, the explanation for why Naruto loved Sakura were complete and utter BS, and yes Sakura choosing to love Sasuke still is BS. But again, on the merits of a movie on it's own and even looking at it without shipping bias, as another Naruto movie, this is a good one. 

The problem with the last is that it's canon. It had a high production value, so it looks better, has better music than the other movies,etc...but the story is a mess, especially when you consider it being canon, it retcons Naruto's character and his abilities, makes Hinata into an even more pathetic version of herself and shows us ridiculous scenes like the one in the genjutsu thingy where Hinata's scarf gains life and chokes Naruto for a whatever reason, managing to take him in a guilt trip. Ridiculous scenes like this one not only made 0 sense ( since the genjutsu was supposed to trap a person in their own memories or something like that ), but also trashed NH because prior to these things Naruto didn't actually loved Hinata prior the genjutsu thingy

So yeah, the last biggest problem comes when you link it with the canon story...specially because even though it's canon, Naruto's own author had very little to do wiht the plot as he said himslef

As a standalone though I would als argue it's pretty bad either way....the romantic moments are pretty cringeworthy, the villain is pointless and stupid, the plot is horrible and uninteresting and feels like a filler story and Naruto just isn't Naruto

The only way I think you could argue about hte last being good is on the technical aspect, the movie has solid music and animation.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#15 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:50 AM

I don't mind that it's canon. I haven't visited the series in a long while. What facts did they retcon? The fact that they had more time to do animation and art style well, doesn't change the fact that it is done well. And having more time doesn't necessarily mean quality on anything will be better. They could've had a crappy animation team and even if they were given two years, it may have still turned out like poo. But this didn't. 

Naruto able to use kage bushin before he learn it from the secret scroll in chapter one.
Naruto is emotional idiot who can't make different between Hinata love and love to ramen.

It's actually matter. There are reason Rtn is one of the worst naruto movie in term of animation quality. And that's because they make it from start since it replace the suppose movie, the chikara arc.
Animation need time to make.

#16 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, critics and fans pretty much hate it. You can say that mixed of both helped the sales to go lowered for the movie. They wanted to earn 6 billion yen, but that chance is very slim that you might as well say no chance in hell. I do appreciate the creator checking out the bad. I don't know what exactly made it flop, but my guess is not just the direction it takes as in change-up, rather what to do with those change-up.

I don't know why so much hate about the AoT live action, I think it's just because some fangirls are pissed off because there is no Levi and some other fans are still butthurt because they expected it to be exactly like it was in the anime/manga...

Honestly, I saw a review of it in the anime news network site and it was pretty positive...

--Naruto knowing kage bushin at an early age

--Naruto being an idiot regarding his own emotions

--Hinata's character inconsistency with her last development from the manga

--Naruto giving up on a friend and on the entire world because of a rejection....when Sasuke rejected his friendship offer back in part 1, what did he do? Gave up? No he said he'd rather be a fool than give up on Sasuke...yet in the movie he sulks and is glad to let the world end because Hinata ambiguously rejected him  lol

--The whole you loved me because of rivalry thing, which paints Naruto's character as a scumbag who was using Sakura to one up Sasuke since the beginning which in turn makes Sakura's thoughts about Naruto in chapter 3 the right interpretation of his character

--Konohamaru having blue eyes

And they wouldn't have crappy animation, they were working on this project for two whole years

Edited by Nar123, 13 August 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:07 AM

@nar123
A live action adaptation is expect to be different from the original.
I mean they would not make eren to be a Germanic/white guy, if it done by a Japanese company. They will make eren a Japanese guy when the only asian character is mikasa.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:09 AM

Oh then I don't know. Then again, I should see it myself. The creator doesn't know why but he's going to check it out, so we'll see. But that's the problem with fandom: they're extremely picky.

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:11 AM

Oh then I don't know. Then again, I should see it myself. The creator doesn't know why but he's going to check it out, so we'll see. But that's the problem with fandom: they're extremely picky.

Oh yes they are.

#20 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:14 AM

@nar123
A live action adaptation is expect to be different from the original.
I mean they would not make eren to be a Germanic/white guy, if it done by a Japanese company. They will make eren a Japanese guy when the only asian character is mikasa.

Yes, unless it's stated to be a direct adaptation that is

I still don't know why so much hate though...makes me sad

I was kinda interested in that movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users