33 replies to this topic

#21 Saku-chan

Saku-chan

Strudel Mistress

• ANBU
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Dec 24 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the most correct term is: GOD MY OH!

Ok. I laughed.

I really liked the series just because it was stupid and raunchy and honestly reminded me of a nasty Powerpuff girls. Also, the OST is Godly. Teddyloid is a genius. (I Want You~)

It's not really something you can marathon, because of the ridiculousness, but I found it great for a nice guffaw when I was taking a break from studying or what have you.

I really didn't even mind the wtf bit at the end of ep 13. They need to focus on Stocking a bit more (Panty's my fave and all, but you what they say about too much of a good thing...) and this adds more substance to her character. smile.gif

(Cosplaying transformation Panty next~! >D)
tumblr_np7x15rJxi1qafgx9o1_500.gif

#22 KonaKonaFan

KonaKonaFan

ve/ver

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:you

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

^ I agree. Can't wait to see what they'll do with Stocking next season.

eileenbeautifulswan_zps46b60759.gif

#23 Grace

Grace

I am Johnlocked. Formerly known as "Kushina".

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

This series.....I don't even know what to sayyyyy.

I watched the first half of the first episode a week ago and went, "Weeeeeeeird. And the subtitles are hard to follow! Too much going on! asdshhsbjjj;;"

But then I kept seeing Puni's adorable sig, and my need for romance drove me to sit down and watch the whole she-bang (HA, INDEED SHE DID do ya get it). I finished it up just a few minutes ago, and....

I don't know what to say! Brief is the cutest thing I've ever seen, the comfortable way adult humor was handled was amusing, the animation was fun to look at, the music was cool....

But the "plot" was bizarre, as it wouldn't take itself seriously at all, only to do so the next minute, and then stop caring again. This isn't a huge deal except that I honestly felt more trolled by how Panty went back to normal after her experience than by the oh-so-crazy ending--the ending seemed in-line with the usual hi-jinks of the show, whereas my hopeless romantic-ness got sucked in by Panty/Brief....and then felt veryveryvery let down.

So....I liked it, but should have known better than to expect more than what I got? XD

#24 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Only Gainax holds the power to make you ship a couple madly with just half an episode fu.png I wish they could animate Naruto, they would totally make an better job than pierrot, anyway I heard that the second season is official, so I'm looking foward to it, but then I wonder if they are going to continue were they stoped, or just gonna forget the plot of the final episode an act if nothing happened. But it would be nice if Brief developed some powers like the angels, an fight between him and Stocking would be epic pimp.png

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#25 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Too disgusting to watch.

#26 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Have you ever watched an seinen Sakura? fu.png

Edited by alexander, 14 January 2011 - 07:15 PM.

#27 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jan 14 2011, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever watched an seinen Sakura? fu.png

It depends on what your definition of a true seinen series is.

#28 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 14 2011, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It depends on what your definition of a true seinen series is.

Well, it differs, it can be an gory action series, and adult drama, or an eroge that border the lines of hentai, what I'm saying is that Panty and Stocking is not your friendly family series, yet I not sure what part you mean by disgusting.

#29 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jan 14 2011, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it differs, it can be an gory action series, and adult drama, or an eroge that border the lines of hentai, what I'm saying is that Panty and Stocking is not your friendly family series, yet I not sure what part you mean by disgusting.

I just saw the episode where the dog sh**ted all over the screen, in all it's disgusting low-brow glory. Turned me off from the rest of this series completely.

#30 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 14 2011, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just saw the episode where the dog sh**ted all over the screen, in all it's disgusting low-brow glory. Turned me off from the rest of this series completely.

That's the point where I stopped watching too. It's was painful to watch before that, but that was it for me.

#31 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

Haven't seen past episode...2 I think. The poo thing was disgusting, but eh. It's a great stress relief for me to just watch a stupidly funny anime, and at least it has action unlike Spongebob, I think is the reason I'm more inclined to give this one a chance. Too many people and shows nowadays take everything too seriously, that it's nice to break the mold.

#32 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:41 PM

I disagree with saying that people who take things 'too seriously' won't enjoy this series. Too me that's just silly considering that we are all watching ANIME. To this day my family still thinks I should 'grow up' and stop watching 'cartoons'. And considering the majority of animes are comedy/romance/action one can't call the watchers of these kind of shows 'serious'. Panty/Stocking/Garter is just disgusting low-brow humor. Even the creators admit to that. That's what they were going for when they created it in their drunken stupor.

#33 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 14 2011, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I disagree with saying that people who take things 'too seriously' won't enjoy this series. Too me that's just silly considering that we are all watching ANIME. To this day my family still thinks I should 'grow up' and stop watching 'cartoons'. And considering the majority of animes are comedy/romance/action one can't call the watchers of these kind of shows 'serious'. Panty/Stocking/Garter is just disgusting low-brow humor. Even the creators admit to that. That's what they were going for when they created it in their drunken stupor.

There are plenty of anime fans that take things too seriously or look too deeply for meaning in things. XD You wouldn't think that about Naruto fans but boy, get them into a debate and you'll see this action-oriented anime is serious bznz. The difference is, you're ragging on something we already know is low-brow humour that doesn't try to take itself seriously. I'd say it is just as much a mockery of western animation as it is reference to it. I'm not saying I'm suddenly a huge fan, but this particular "anime" is exactly as sold on the label. You're going to get some nasty stuff but that's what it's selling. Most people like this show for its comfortable "whatever" attitude about adult humour, and combining it with a medium we understand and recognize (power puff girls comes to mind). I don't like the potty humour but I have only seen one episode with it so far and that's been the first.

If it's not your kind of thing, that's just what it comes down to. I find some anime to be worse--with fanservice galore and such obvious/cliche pairing dynamics that I wonder why it even bothers trying to tell me a story. Panty and Stocking w/ Garterbelt even with its stupidity can still give me something that some animes can't and that's entertainment.

#34 Snowheart001

Snowheart001

lolita bubbles

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Manhwa (the Korean manga), Reading, tv, Skiing, hunting, and just all over acting cazy are my faveret thing to do and some of my more recent hobbys are to make japanese food and sow some cute/cool things. <br />EX: Panda hats and Onigiri Plushes

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:11 PM

hello my dears! i have yet to watch this anime but kona-chan has been yelling in my ear about it for a while now. so i shall be looking it up and watching it today. wish me luck with this advinture. oh and kona-chan thursday is saint patricks day so wear green or else you shall be pinched relintlesly! mwahahaha!
(ps ppl i have bad spelling) fu.png fufufu
!!!!!HEDGEHOG!!!!!

i do not own this hedgehog it is simply a picture i got off Google.

click me!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users