13 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 10:43 PM

We're at 70 and were still on this build up. Was the John Depp trail going on when the last chapter released? Ah, April 12th so yes.

Summary Time: Chapter 70 From the bottom of my heart...can this just get to killing Naruto already to speed this along already.

The cover page is Madoc sitting in a chair.

The chapter continues where the last left off, with Hime considering Shikamaru's proposal. She also show him her clairvoyant eye, the Senrigan, in her left eye. Naruto is trying to get in but the door is locked...or he just forgot the code to open the door. Shikamaru contacts Naruto saying to stay outside while he tries selling Nail to Hime. Bolt and Sasuke arrive as well. Madoc tells Shikamaru more about Hime power; it can see anything, even the past, it has few limitations of what it can't see...she is apparently very good at reading lips then, but clearly since he is being so open now; it doesn't work on telepathy.

Now, to Nail and the Clone. The clone is trying to justify trying to forgive him. Nail hates both that Madoc stuck karma on him without him knowing, and he realize that he needs it. The Clone points out that Madoc did it for his own mysterious reason...that hopefully he will reveal in full because he now on Ino's telepathic call. Really seems like they are trying for a CloneXNail ship.

Punk is upping the torture of Madoc to release the limiters. Hime decides to lie to make the Punk to have him retreat so she can weigh Shikamaru's proposition...oh. Wait. No, Nail really is coming. Also, in the mental conversation Shikamaru and Madoc have; Madoc acknowledges the danger Nail represents. That Shikamaru's concerns are justified since Nail could turn out to be a danger. Especially, since now Naruto is too weak to be a check on him once he lost Kurama. However, he needs him alive and with the Karma seal for his own reasons.

....Ok the page just refreshed and the chapter just became out of order mess to what I just wrote down.

... Madoc explains more of Hime's powers and her weakness being blood relatives and Kaguya's clan members. Punk does the smart thing and just takes Madoc with him to get the release code, then kill him. Shikamaru holds Punk down with shadow bind while contacting Ino to know where Kawaki is. Hime decides to order Mustard to attack Shikamaru to break the jutsu so they can leave.

Oh joy, now we get more of the annoying brat Moe. Madoc begs for his life and releases the limiter, "There's no dress Code," a pun on Punk's actual name; Code. He has pupils in his eyes now...that's it. I think it was suppose to be impressive...but Ikemoto's art. Now, he goes for the kill.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 June 2022 - 01:31 AM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 11:08 PM

Now Super 84. Flashback ends. Goku remembers his time in the pod, and that he had loving parents. Both him and Vegeta talk about Saiyan's pride and Vegeta points out that Raditz and Goku likely survived due to Bardock saying to the dragon when he refused to leave the battle that he only wish is that his sons live prosperous lives. Vegeta calls Goku spoiled because of that, Goku shoots back about Vegeta spoiling Bra, and he gets defensive. The namekian points out that a 'Peoples' Pride is accepting your nature and standing by your culture's convictions not obsessing about its sins or getting revenge.' He also decides to create some new clothes for the two... they are now dressed up like Bardock. They complain and he changes their cloths to more Buu era style. With their pride restored that go out and use their new super modes.

...My word, their teamwork is better than anything Naruto and Sasuke have ever shown.

Elec points out that since Gas was given the wish after they already had these transformations. He is still the strongest even with this boost in power. However, Vegeta ends the chapter pointing out the same thing that let Bardock win against Gas, Saiyan grow stronger when fighting strong opponents.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 May 2022 - 04:59 AM.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 10:44 PM

Well other than talkinng about Hime's powers and what weakness they should have to make them not seen as hacks or the whole limiter removal business. There not much to talk about this chapter. Well there is still the feeling I'm getting the Kishimoto is trying to make Nail and Clone an item so he can shove her off on him so there isn't another repeat of the ending.

I do however like the message they had in Dragonball Super, and it one of the reasons I do like manga. Their ability to tell morals in their story the Western media refuses to touch on. Here its when you talk about your culture you should focuses on the positive aspects in who you are and what your culture's values and beliefs instead of obsessing over pass sins or wrongs done upon them. Despite not being a bad message that would never be in any Western media because people would have a conniption about glossing over slavery or something like that. While obsessing about pass sins and avenging past wrongs is the only thing that matters in western media as far a culture goes; unless of course it about talking about this foreign culture that is better because its not Western.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 May 2022 - 11:46 PM.

#4 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 21 May 2022 - 09:39 AM

I'm seeing talk about how this chapter reveals that kohona economy is shrinking, so just how bad a leader naruto is right now

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 11:51 AM

I'm seeing talk about how this chapter reveals that kohona economy is shrinking, so just how bad a leader naruto is right now

...?

*Literally has to reread it to check if that was something in the chapter at all.* The only thing the could possibly point to that is the lab door not opening for Naruto, but that was because Shikamaru asked Ino to lock everyone out last chapter, and apparently Naruto doesn't have an override code if he needs to enter that lab.

...They may have been talking about a recent filler episode in the anime.

Source, I want to see those discussion you're talking about Blue.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 21 May 2022 - 12:46 PM.

#6 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 03:13 PM

Can the eye see the future, just to be clear? Kawaki X Sumire is meh, and Kawaki's plot point REALLY sounds like a recycled Sasuke story except non-Naruto parties are being more proactive in trying to at least nip the problem by the bud but obviously Naruto will show his double standard compassion. Sasuke or any Sasuke like character? He'd fight tooth and nail plus would go through the 7 hells for their pardon versus anyone else he couldn't care less nor puts in NEARLY as much effort in their defence.

Edited by Phantom_999, 21 May 2022 - 03:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 08:52 PM

Can the eye see the future, just to be clear? Kawaki X Sumire is meh, and Kawaki's plot point REALLY sounds like a recycled Sasuke story except non-Naruto parties are being more proactive in trying to at least nip the problem by the bud but obviously Naruto will show his double standard compassion. Sasuke or any Sasuke like character? He'd fight tooth and nail plus would go through the 7 hells for their pardon versus anyone else he couldn't care less nor puts in NEARLY as much effort in their defense.

...No it didn't say if it could. Only what is happening and even in the past; which was suppose to be the impressive part when Madoc explained it. Then again that was with her left eye, maybe her right eye can...oh god that might be a stupid shock reveal during a fight with her.

A lot of Boruto comes off as repeating Naruto, but trying to fix some of the problems the manga had. The Heroine Sakura was hated and seen as useless? Well Sakura 2.0 is involved in the plot, is the main character's goal, and clearly in love the the MC. No signs of teamwork despite that being a early lesson in the story? Team fights, like every shounen manga has now a days. The SNS chase doesn't work because there is not enough foundation for people to care about a story that goes on for years about bringing him back? Well, all of part one is building up the 'Bond of Bros' Bolt & Nail have. And now what there is a side character the anime staff is obsessed about and wants her to replace the heroine as the love interest? Have her fall in love with the rival instead.

I'm not completely sure that is what happening but from remembering Samurai 8 and his ten chapters of "I'm not changing the love interest," that's the feeling I have is going on. It could also be they are just making a love triangle with the three of them.

Kodaichi when he was around only used her once and that was to establish both she exist to appease the anime staff, and there is a love triangle with her, Bolt, and Salad. Since, Kishi took over she has been having a lot of scene with Nail. Nothing really romantic but when has that ever stopped shippers.

Naruto is obsessed with saving Troubled Ikemen?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 June 2022 - 01:37 AM.

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 04:59 PM

that actually sounds nice that the writing problems are being addressed... If the plot itself didn't sound so boring

Edited by Phantom_999, 22 May 2022 - 05:32 PM.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 05:37 PM

that actually sounds nice that the writing problems were being addressed... If the plot itself didn't sound so boring

Really, if you want to get into it, the biggest problem of Naruto more then anything else is lack of foundation for the story. Pick anything in Naruto and wonder why things work the way the are story-wise and often you just gotta shrug your shoulders.

Why is so important that Sasuke return to the village? It just is or bonds, brother-bonds, & teamwork.

Why does Naruto want to be Hokage, what makes it so important both to him and the story, and what does Naruto want to do once he is hokage?

How was Naruto raised, who took care of the orphaned infant? How was he treated by the village beyond just cold stares? When they start treating him differently?

How is the village structured socially, Naruto wants to be the leader of the village so that's kind of important?

Why did Naruto never learn about the Uzumaki clan? Why did no one ever bother to tell him about his own family history till he literally meets his parents' spirit remnants in his seal? Why was he never taught anything about sealing techniques?

How will Naruto end the cycle of hatred?

Naruto because of this lack of foundation it is a very simple story; that struggles when it tries to be deep. Which it had to do after the Pein arc when the story was lengthened. It is a its best, when it just goes from one arc to the next with a few nice but empty speeches.

The problem with Boruto is that the story is only setting up the Bond of Bros, nothing else. Everything else was push to the side to the point they might as well not exist. So if you don't care about that bond this story has nothing of interest. You know they aren't going to focus on Salad's desire to become hokage or her working towards it because they don't care about it and if you do it just pisses you off. The anime, I will admit is likely better than the manga in this because the endless filler they to do means that they might focus, expand upon, or establish stuff to fill up their episodes.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 June 2022 - 01:39 AM.

#10 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 23 May 2022 - 07:11 AM

From this pannel here I saw on twitter https://twitter.com/...iNKMxk3v4A&s=19

Also I belive chatte said kishimoto isn't writing boruto and that they are just using his orignal drafts

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 09:30 PM

From this panel here I saw on twitter https://twitter.com/...iNKMxk3v4A&s=19

Also I believe chatte said kishimoto isn't writing boruto and that they are just using his original drafts

Ah, you right. I must have glossed over that twice. Thank you. I tend to gloss over conversations in this story some times if they are too long if I understood the gist of them.

Well, that part first. The village is a mercenary ninja village that sell themselves to settle conflicts. No conflicts. No contracts. No money. Naruto should have come up with an answer for this but never did, and even if he didn't this should be something already mentioned and Salad should be pondering that hinting that something she will solve. Funnily enough, I was thinking about that awhile back.

I don't know who is writing it. If its Kishimoto, if it Ikemoto, or someone else is ghostwriting. I tend to say if something from kishimoto if I feel its from him, and the main feeling I get is from him is trying to cut off the pairing conflict by sticking the anime staff's favorite with someone before they start demanding she gets with the main character. Who already has a love interest.

Looked a bit through that twitter. It's funny that the anime actually has to have Naruto act emotional over Kurama dying because the manga can't be asked to make him emote. Also, Boruto has finally failed to hit its reliable 100K it always got in sales.

https://twitter.com/...458766693847044

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 May 2022 - 10:22 PM.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 12:24 PM

Really, if you want to get into it, the biggest problem of Naruto more then anything else is lack of foundation for the story. Pick anything in Naruto and wonder why things work the way the are story-wise and often you just gotta shrug your shoulders.

Why is so important that Sasuke return to the village? It just is or bonds, brother-bonds, & teamwork.

Why does Naruto want to be Hokage, what makes it so important both to him and the story, and what does Naruto want to do once he is hokage?

How was Naruto raised, who took care of the orphaned infant?

How is the village structured socially, Naruto wants to be the leader of the village so that's kind of important?

Why did Naruto never learn about the Uzumaki clan? Why did no one ever bother to tell him about his own family history till he literally meets his parents' spirit remnants in his seal? Why was he never taught anything about sealing techniques?

How will Naruto end the cycle of hatred?

Naruto because of this lack of foundation is a very simple story; that struggles when it tries to be deep. Which it had to do after the Pein arc when the story was lengthened. It is a its best, when it just goes from one arc to the next with a few nice but empty speeches.

The problem with Boruto is that the story is only setting up the Bond of Bros, nothing else. Everything else was push to the side to the point they might as well not exist. So if you don't care about that bond this story has nothing of interest. You know they aren't going to focus on Salad's desire to become hokage or her working towards it because they don't care about it and if you do it just pisses you off. The anime, I will admit is likely better than the manga in this because the endless filler they to do means that they might focus, expand upon, or establish stuff to fill up their episodes.

I'm sure Sarada has the intelligence to get into politics lol but obviously the political aspect would be no fun to watch. Besides rule of thumb is that that the Hokage is supposed to be unparalleled in strength generally since no-one bothers with meetings or negotiations unless it is relevant to the plot, and Sarada is not supposed to overtake Boruto in that department since she is technically his arm-candy quote, unquote. That said It'd be cool if she learned something like Kirin, as near impossible as it is. :yes:

#13 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 10:51 PM

I'm sure Sarada has the intelligence to get into politics lol but obviously the political aspect would be no fun to watch. Besides rule of thumb is that that the Hokage is supposed to be unparalleled in strength generally since no-one bothers with meetings or negotiations unless it is relevant to the plot, and Sarada is not supposed to overtake Boruto in that department since she is technically his "arm-candy" quote, unquote. That said It'd be cool if she learned something like Kirin, as near impossible as it is. :yes:

Not really. What they should do with Sarada and the rest of Neo-Team 7 is the same thing they should have done with Naruto and team 7. Have them go on missions during those missions they discover a problem in the ninja world, have the one who seeks to become Hokage question why the current system is like that and resolve to change it. Do this a few times while eventually building toward some idea of what they are going to do. This impresses the rest of the team to slowly support them.

In Salad's case its go on a mission with three options. One, is to show how one of Naruto's policies has changed the world for the better, feels admirations for Naruto and resolves to become just as good as a Hokage as him. Two, show a current problem that Naruto is working on and Salad resolves to continue his work. Three, a new problem or one that Naruto hasn't addressed which Salad declares she will once she becomes Hokage. All the while Bolt watches her with admiration and gets an increasingly stronger desire to support her.

Also, some arcs aren't them going on missions but spending time in the village learning about how their system works.

Even if the anime is doing something like this for right now. They are doing it for Bolt who doesn't need it instead of Salad who does.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 02 July 2022 - 09:13 AM.

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 May 2022 - 11:13 AM

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I only brought up that opinion because again how little focus and priority Sarada has over all despite her goal. But as you say maybe fillers will mitigate it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users