Close
Photo

Have your feelings towards Karin changed post Gaiden?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:09 AM

At the end of Gaiden, we found out that Karin got over her feelings towards Sasuke so he could be with Sakura.  This kind of contrasts with her creepy obsession with him when she was part of Team Taka.  Now that she actually showed some maturity and moved on, have you gained some respect for her?

#2 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:52 AM

short answer: no.

:lulz:

#3 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:06 AM

She honestly had potential and eh as tricksie said: No.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:28 AM

I am still pretty neutral about Karin. I didn't like her, but I didn't hate her either.

My feelings have not changed since Gaiden...which seems to be a good thing since I started to hate almost every other character now for their betrayal and Kishimoto's writing.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 Gaara's hair

Gaara's hair

Pizza Man!!!

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,785 posts
  • Interests:Guilty Gear, Basketball, Futbol, and writing.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:37 AM

I sorta liked the hair...

#6 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:40 AM

But I thought a woman's feelings couldn't change when they fell in love!

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#7 Radra

Radra

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

^I personally won't classify Karin's feelings for Sasuke as "LOVE". 

Freaky weird obsession, maybe. Certainly not love.

Although Her feelings for Sasuke now appear to be more mature. So I guess I have small respect for her.

#8 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:56 AM

And Sakura falling in love with Sasuke because he's "cool" and "hot" is?

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#9 Toby

Toby

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

Have to remember Karin risked her life to get the injured Sasuke to bite her already weakened form during the Killer Bee fight, before Jugo stepped in after realizing what she was about to do. It's not just creepy obsession but love too; love doesn't have to be in a romantic sense but that she would rather save Sasuke at her own expense; like comrades.
And there are those SasuSaku shippers who hate Karin and claim she feels only LUST towards Sasuke.
Lust can't make you self-sacrifice.

She was a comedic character but she had her serious moments.

Also, Naruto Gaiden was all about sinking ships when the world expected ninja adventures of the new gen.

I didn't gain any NEW respect for Karin, because she got over Sasuke ONLY because SasuSaku forced her character to. No other reason.
If anything, I lost some for Kishimoto =_=

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

Although Her feelings for Sasuke now appear to be more mature. So I guess I have small respect for her.

It's love, just like ino and sakura.

#11 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:35 PM

Nope.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

Give Me a N!!!!!! Give me an O!!!!!!! What does that Spell!!!???

That said she is at lest one character that grew up and moved on though I thought that makes her a horrible woman now. :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 July 2015 - 12:15 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#13 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

There's something wrong with your friendship if you help your friend in labour chase after her husband, and then after delivering the baby not visit in twelve years to see her... but sending glasses is fine. I think Karin lucked out, or maybe Sasuke would have let her follow him--I don't know. Either way, it doesn't erase the problems of her character from the series more like it makes me wish that this was the kind of character we saw after she was stabbed and taken back to Konoha. Would have been nice to see that friendship develop then; and this whole love for Sasuke cast aside especially if she wasn't even going to end up with him...

#14 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

short answer: no.

:lulz:

Same here, Tricks.  :love:

#15 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,194 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

I still love the character of Karin and the potential she had.

I stand on her actions during the Killer Bee fight, and during the fight with Madara where she bypassed her limits and activated the chakra chains to save Sasuke in both instances she embraced the gaining greater strength to protect the one you love meta of the story.

which I might add is one more then Sasuke did.

Her 'creepy obssession' is overblown and done for comedic purposes as Sakuras hitting Naruto is, and I don't see anyone kevetching about that-- add in that she is the ONLY female to stand on equal ground with him and call Sasuke out on his bullcrap. Not eve gaiden Sakura--doormat-- does this. 

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#16 Namikaze Clan

Namikaze Clan

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

Nope.

Seriously?  She`s such a contrast from her part 2 self.  In just a few panels, she showed more maturity then all of

team 7.  I think that`s worth something at least.

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

Seriously?  She`s such a contrast from her part 2 self.  In just a few panels, she showed more maturity then all of
team 7.  I think that`s worth something at least.

Some people just doesn't like her character.
And you can't force people to like certain character.

But I disagree with him.

#18 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

I'm still neutral with her more or less. The only thing the ending of Gaiden told me is that she came off the best development of them all and it only took a couple of panels. Still, no Uzumaki heritage, one trick pony, no more further her character outside of her conclusion with moving on which would have been nice to see how she has changed but Kishi being Kishi, and didn't really get anything out of the past developments. All in all, a missed opportunity.

#19 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

I'm still neutral with her more or less. The only thing the ending of Gaiden told me is that she came off the best development of them all and it only took a couple of panels. Still, no Uzumaki heritage, one trick pony, no more further her character outside of her conclusion with moving on which would have been nice to see how she has changed but Kishi being Kishi, and didn't really get anything out of the past developments. All in all, a missed opportunity.

Missed opportunity? Well, that's naruto in nutshell.

#20 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:28 PM

The problem is with her easy acceptance of SasuSaku just places a question mark over the validity of her feelings in the first place, it might sound like a mature answer on one end but on the other you question why would someone who was willing to die for him, who forgave him for attempted murder, and mourned his death more than anyone so much so she unlocked her Uzumaki abilties give up so easily?

This girl was obsessed with Sasuke, yet the last chapter makes it seem like it wasn't the case, it makes her enitre charactor throughout the manga look even worst, as all the attempts to seduce Sasuke were not even romantic love.

Kishi contradicted himself again by trying to make Karin look mature, he thought we'd read it, and think, wow that's such a mature answer it makes so much sense now, but it contradict his own words about why Hinata and Sakura's feelings are genuine, doesn't it make their feelings for Naruto and Sasuke look immature now, as their feelings never moved on and was selish as they would rather see the guy they wanted unhappy and with them than be happy with someone else, Kishi said it he felt sorry for Hinata so he put her with Naruto, he never consideed the males feelings for the female in question.

If it was another charactor in another manga I might have had more respect for her, but it's in Naruto and it just adds another contradicting statement from the mangaka. I don't think he realises that after having amanga run for 15 years a large percentage of the userbase are no longer kids, and they remember parts of the manga and understand the message behind each statement and notice the contradictions being made.

Edit: Also one more thing that's bugging me, how does Karin know Sarada wears specs, if not even Sasuke recognised her? Also why is she sending him glasses, just go to the freaking optitions, lenses are no universal you know. you have to get glasses that fit to your frame, you can't just pick any pair and be done with it, it's a freakig pain, I've been wearing glasses for almost 30 years and know this.

Edited by harry4e, 12 July 2015 - 11:33 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users