eh10ut.jpg

#2 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:52 AM

How can we know that he's not? I doubt Sasuke would ask Sakura on a date after all this; therefor there's no way to know if Sakura would refuse him or not.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#3 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

How can we know that he's not? I doubt Sasuke would ask Sakura on a date after all this; therefor there's no way to know if Sakura would refuse him or not.

Because she loves Naruto more.

eh10ut.jpg

#4 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

Holy S*** you actually made a thread for this? Well uh, that's cool I guess, although I never understood this silver medal theory anyway considering by the logic itself, Hinata is the silver medal to Naruto

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#5 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:32 AM

Holy S*** you actually made a thread for this? Well uh, that's cool I guess, although I never understood this silver medal theory anyway considering by the logic itself, Hinata is the silver medal to Naruto

Hinata is not part of NS.

eh10ut.jpg

#6 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

Hinata is not part of NS.

Well that's the whole point... if Naruto is Sakura's silver medal, then Hinata is Naruto's, hence the argument is a paradox hence we have no argument

#7 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:35 AM

Well that's the whole point... if Naruto is Sakura's silver medal, then Hinata is Naruto's, hence the argument is a paradox hence we have no argument

Well again Hinata isn't relevant here....so the argument falls apart...again.

eh10ut.jpg

#8 Elicit

Elicit

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Interests:Mainly Video Games (mostly RPGs/Platformers/retro stuff), Music, Anime/Manga, Debating

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:36 AM

I remember there was this one guy in NF that made a hilarious post about this. It went something like this:

If Sasuke was her gold medal, it would be like winning a trip to North Korea.

But If Naruto was her silver medal, it would be like winning a million dollars.

Which prize is better?

#9 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

Well again Hinata isn't relevant here....so the argument falls apart...again.

Then were in agreement?

#10 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

Then were in agreement?

lovely, did you really just come her to spam pointless comments for the sake of kittens and giggles? Thank you for your time. You know the way out.

I remember there was this one guy in NF that made a hilarious post about this. It went something like this:

If Sasuke was her gold medal, it would be like winning a trip to North Korea.

But If Naruto was her silver medal, it would be like winning a million dollars.

Which prize is better?

Yeah the problem is Kishi needs to establish that she actually wants the money more than the trip to Korea

Edited by Pepsi, 02 October 2014 - 05:40 AM.

eh10ut.jpg

#11 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

lovely, did you really just come her to spam pointless comments for the sake of kittens and giggles? Thank you for your time. You know the way out.

Rrrrightttt... Because I totally wasn't saying this Silver Medal thing isn't a complete waste of time because it makes no sense... nah I just came here to completely mess with you *sarcasm

#12 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:44 AM

Rrrrightttt... Because I totally wasn't saying this Silver Medal thing isn't a complete waste of time because it makes no sense... nah I just came here to completely mess with you *sarcasm

The only thing that lacks any form of sense are these poor excuse for "arguments" you're giving me.

eh10ut.jpg

#13 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

This argument is stupid.

First of all, Naruto is not a morbid series that has a main character that settles for less than what he wants/deserves. This series has a fluffy, idealistic theme that chronicles Naruto completely everything no matter what obstacle there is. So obviously as long as he doesn't move on and wants Sakura to love him more than Sasuke, in a series like this he'll probably get what he wants.

Second, you know what that means? Even if Sakura did try to be with Naruto and still loved Sasuke, Naruto would obviously see through this and reject her because that doesn't make either of them happy. So Naruto doesn't want to be a silver medal (shown in the LOI) and in fact doesn't so strongly that it won't accept Sakura unless he knew he was the gold medal.

Silver medal argument is hollow. Naruto would never allow it. So technically NS won't be a result of that ... he's either her gold medal or he'd rather be alone.

Edited by xxRomanceGirlxx, 02 October 2014 - 05:48 AM.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#14 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

This argument is stupid.

First of all, Naruto is not a morbid series that has a main character that settles for less than what he wants/deserves. This series has a fluffy, idealistic theme that chronicles Naruto completely everything no matter what obstacle there is. So obviously as long as he doesn't move on and wants Sakura to love him more than Sasuke, in a series like this he'll probably get what he wants.

Second, you know what that means? Even if Sakura did try to be with Naruto and still loved Sasuke, Naruto would obviously see through this and reject her because that doesn't make either of them happy. So Naruto doesn't want to be a silver medal (shown in the LOI) and in fact doesn't so strongly that it won't accept Sakura unless he knew he was the gold medal.

That wasn't the point of LOI. He didn't reject her becuse he thought she still harbored feelings for Sasuke he did it because she went from caring alot about him to not caring about him at all and wanting to call off on saving him.

eh10ut.jpg

#15 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:02 AM

The only thing that lacks any form of sense are these poor excuse for "arguments" you're giving me.

We since you want me to post a damn essay to appeal your troubled mind (way to call my messages spam by the way, even though you've happened to join just this year and already outclass me in message posting) I can totally write one.

How is Naruto not a Silver Medal you ask? Easy, because Sakura has a right to chose who she wants to date. Just because you establish a that one character likes another doesn't mean the feeling is mutual and also doesn't confined the character to solely ending up with said love interest. Now I know what you're thinking, "But Naruto doesn't have to love Sakura back after all this time"... Well you would be correct if he wasn't written as a character who never gives up and never changes his mind on what he believes in. This is the biggest reason he forgive Sasuke all the time. Sakura hasn't been established to be like that, though she is known for being kind hearted. Sakura's original goal was just for Sasuke to notice her.. and for the shallow reason to like him because he was popular. Naruto himself kinda blew his opportunity early with the bench scene, which is why he has to work his way back up. Sakura's version of Sasuke is a lie based around Naruto's actions. Basically Naruto is Sakura's Gold Medal if he doesn't impersonate Sasuke and act all gentle and stuff. Silver Medal is as stupid as the Sibling argument for the reason I posted that you can't seem to comprehend, but in simple terms, love is complicated, love isn't one dimensional, and sometimes you can fool yourself into thinking you love someone for being something they're not. Naruto loves Sakura, Sakura has no clue who she loves, it's basically up to Sakura to chose who will make her happy, she's not forced to end up with either one of them and she isn't gonna chose one or the other for shallow reasons if she is turned down.

#16 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

@Pepsi:

Really? That's not the impression I got. I'm sure Naruto was angry that Sakura just wrote off caring about Sasuke out of nowhere when he wanted to save him so badly and knew how much Sakura cared, but to say that was the only reason? I don't buy it.

IMO Naruto didn't believe anything about the confession. Not Sakura's feelings for him and not her non-existent feelings for Sasuke. My evidence is because of how strongly he resisted against her confession of love to him and how he actually pushed her away from him during the hug and said it wasn't funny. Right when Sakura was talking about her feelings for him. Coincidence? Doubt it. And there was also how strongly he stressed Sakura loving Sasuke, both to Sai and in his P1 flashbacks.

That was also why he got mad. He didn't appreciate Sakura lying to herself (in his perspective) because he takes his feelings and Sakura's very seriously. It annoyed him about that, combined with what you said, his desire to save Sasuke, and how he knew Sakura was hiding something.

But even if that's the wrong interpretation, why would Naruto accept silver medal status? That doesn't sound like his character at all.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#17 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

Because she loves Naruto more.

We don't know that though. We can only assume. Like I said the only way to know is for her to have the option of romancing Sasuke but choose not to. Any other way that I can think of won't be definitive and thus will leave room for people to argue that Naruto was her second choice.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#18 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

We since you want me to post a damn essay to appeal your troubled mind (way to call my messages spam by the way, even though you've happened to join just this year and already outclass me in message posting) I can totally write one.

How is Naruto not a Silver Medal you ask? Easy, because Sakura has a right to chose who she wants to date. Just because you establish a that one character likes another doesn't mean the feeling is mutual and also doesn't confined the character to solely ending up with said love interest. Now I know what you're thinking, "But Naruto doesn't have to love Sakura back after all this time"... Well you would be correct if he wasn't written as a character who never gives up and never changes his mind on what he believes in. This is the biggest reason he forgive Sasuke all the time. Sakura hasn't been established to be like that, though she is known for being kind hearted. Sakura's original goal was just for Sasuke to notice her.. and for the shallow reason to like him because he was popular. Naruto himself kinda blew his opportunity early with the bench scene, which is why he has to work his way back up. Sakura's version of Sasuke is a lie based around Naruto's actions. Basically Naruto is Sakura's Gold Medal if he doesn't impersonate Sasuke and act all gentle and stuff. Silver Medal is as stupid as the Sibling argument for the reason I posted that you can't seem to comprehend, but in simple terms, love is complicated, love isn't one dimensional, and sometimes you can fool yourself into thinking you love someone for being something they're not. Naruto loves Sakura, Sakura has no clue who she loves, it's basically up to Sakura to chose who will make her happy, she's not forced to end up with either one of them and she isn't gonna chose one or the other for shallow reasons if she is turned down.

Its not a matter of not comprehending, you literally didn't give me anything close to regarding a decent argument up until this point and even then its debatable. Ofcourse Naruto is the better choice for her, we all know that and Sakura even says it the problem is there's actually reason to believe that she still likes Sasuke more. 

eh10ut.jpg

#19 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:30 AM

i agree with everything u said but i think you're thinking 2 deeply with the love stuff and what not... why? because sakura isn't a real person. she is a written fictional character created by kishimoto the end. but everything else i agree with.

#20 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

i agree with everything u said but i think you're thinking 2 deeply with the love stuff and what not... why? because sakura isn't a real person. she is a written fictional character created by kishimoto the end. but everything else i agree with.

Kishi has been stated on record of saying Sakura is the most human of every Naruto character, hence my stance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users