Hybrid Theory

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:49 AM

Hi everyone!

This is a comic I have been working on for quite some time that I wanted to share with everyone. It's gone through many rough drafts, and I think it's more or less where I want it.

The story takes place around 200 years in the future. It's not quite post-apocolyptic, but it's getting there, where a lot of the problems we are facing today have gotten worse. One event to note is that the United States have broken up into several countries (California, where the story will first take place, is it's own country now). In addition to all the social problems piling up, mutated children called "Casts" (from the word outcast) are emerging, becoming the scapegoats for all the problems in the world. The story focuses on one cast who is not only considered a freak, but also a threat to mankind's survival, and a girl he befriends. I won't go into much detail here, you'll just have to see as the story unfolds.

Obviously, I've taken quite a few things from X-Men, but I hope to present the characters in original ways that makes them stand out on their own. Other inspirations have included InuYasha (wait! Come back, please!!), Hellboy, Devil May Cry, and elements from various other series. The main character comes from a part of me (in some places that might creep you out), and others are based, though greatly embellished, on people I've met and experiences I've had.

Now, this is my first time using photoshop to make a comic ( I draw it by hand, but it's fine-touched on comoputer; obviously I haven't quite got it down yet). I understand it's a bit rough, and some text might appear a bit off, but I will do my best to correct this for future pages, If you have any tips, please let me know, as I want to make it as good as possible! Also feel free to ask any questions if something confuses you! I just hope you all enjoy it! Links to the proceeding pages are in the comment sections, but I'll give you the following links

First Page

Cover

My favorite thus far

#2 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

Seems like a cool idea in the works but i wouldn't expect people to buy that print when majority other than Japan don't buy Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece. wink.gif

Edited by Uzumakikage, 15 April 2010 - 08:50 AM.

#3 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:50 PM

Sweet! Have you considered becoming a web comic artist? happy.gif

#4 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

Interesting Concept. It has promise.

#5 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Uzumakikage @ Apr 15 2010, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems like a cool idea in the works but i wouldn't expect people to buy that print when majority other than Japan don't buy Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece. wink.gif

You don't have to buy the print; you simply click on the image to enlarge it.

I don't know why, but just to post the artwork deviantart requires that I make print available.

Also, since I'm not clear whether anyone here has read the whole thing, there are 16 pages online, not including the cover. Links to the next and previous page will usually be found in the artists' comments section.

I'll post more in the future; the drawings are all done, but they just need to be fine-touched on the computer. I'll get to it all when I can.

#6 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

VERY GOOD JOB!!!

it has potential...Keep working on it!

#7 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

I've uploaded some more if anyone is interested! If for any reason the links in the comment sections aren't working, I'll upload all of them here and in future posts just the latest will be added.

Pg. 1
Pg.2
Pg3
Pg.4
Pg.5
Pg.6
Pg.7
Cover
Pg.8
Pg.9
Pg.10
Pg.11
Pg.12
Pg.13
Pg.14
Pg.15
Pg.16
Pg.17
Pg.18
Pg.19
Pg.20

#8 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Excellent job!!!

You should become a comic creator. You will get popular biggrin.gif

#9 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:53 AM

Well, got a few more to show you all!

Pg. 21
Pg. 22
Pg.23
Pg.24
Pg.25
Pg.26

Edited by Kodachi Claws, 18 July 2010 - 02:55 AM.

#10 Guest_Kodachi Claws_*

Guest_Kodachi Claws_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hey! I know it's been too long! I've had a very stressful year, but hopefully times will be better for now! Anyway, I know it's not much, but I put up 4 pages of the comic! Expect more to come soon!

Page 27
Pg. 28
Pg. 29
Pg. 30

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users