• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#61 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 20 2012, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can not believe you are all here cheering on an abusive, illegal hacking group like Anonymous mellow.gif

Have you all forgotten that these are the same a$$holes you were ripping apart just a few months ago for breaking into Sony and stealing millions of people's credit card info and emails? For crying out loud Megaupload was ONE BIG copyright infringement. Practically EVERYTHING they had up was illegal. Movie companies and music companies DID lose millions and millions of dollars because of this site. I just can't believe that you all would cheer for a group that caused so much harm to people JUST LIKE YOU by hacking their information, because they hacked the people who busted a KNOWN illegal file-sharing website. You're all just mad because you got stolen movies, songs, etc for FREE and feel that you are somehow entitled to these so-called 'free' things that these companies had to PAY to have made. It's absolutely and completely ludicrous that you all cheering on these jerks WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU one single bit.

I am not exactly 'cheering' him on, I loathe him just as much as you do (as proven by my frequent cheers of the jailing of those other hackers); however, Megauplaod was a personal asset that I just couldn't lose, and unfortunately I lost it.

#62 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jan 20 2012, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not exactly 'cheering' him on, I loathe him just as much as you do (as proven by my frequent cheers of the jailing of those other hackers); however, Megauplaod was a personal asset that I just couldn't lose, and unfortunately I lost it.

Well, when I talk about the cheering I mean the practically gleeful 'cheers' posted by others on the last page. It's like, how quickly one forgets how an a$$hole screwed you over, when they do it to another facepalm.png

#63 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 20 2012, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, when I talk about the cheering I mean the practically gleeful 'cheers' posted by others on the last page. It's like, how quickly one forgets how an a$$hole screwed you over, when they do it to another facepalm.png

I guess a 'Enemy of my enemy is my friend' mentality takes over when it comes to those who have the means to take on those whom some consider evil (I'm neutral, but quite annoyed). Who amongst us has the douche bag ability to viciously, unwarrentedly attack others with Internet 'hacks', for lack of a better term?

#64 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

I've never had a problem with them so there not my enemy.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#65 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 20 2012, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can not believe you are all here cheering on an abusive, illegal hacking group like Anonymous mellow.gif

Have you all forgotten that these are the same a$$holes you were ripping apart just a few months ago for breaking into Sony and stealing millions of people's credit card info and emails? For crying out loud Megaupload was ONE BIG copyright infringement. Practically EVERYTHING they had up was illegal. Movie companies and music companies DID lose millions and millions of dollars because of this site. I just can't believe that you all would cheer for a group that caused so much harm to people JUST LIKE YOU by hacking their information, because they hacked the people who busted a KNOWN illegal file-sharing website. You're all just mad because you got stolen movies, songs, etc for FREE and feel that you are somehow entitled to these so-called 'free' things that these companies had to PAY to have made. It's absolutely and completely ludicrous that you all cheering on these jerks WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU one single bit.

Sony blamed Anon, but it wasn't really them, i think it was LulSecs or something like that. They are a hacking group, but they are independent.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#66 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'm sorry any hacking group is not...your...friend.

#67 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 20 2012, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry any hacking group is not...your...friend.

And neither is it the government's friend. I disagree with this action from Anon, but that is not to say I condemn everything it has done.

Edited by TheOmegaMan, 20 January 2012 - 10:05 PM.

75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#68 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Jan 20 2012, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And neither is it the government's friend. I disagree with this action from Anon, but that is not to say I condemn everything it has done.

What have they done to help you?

#69 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 20 2012, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What have they done to help you?

Never claimed they did.

#70 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (TheOmegaMan @ Jan 20 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never claimed they did.

And I never claimed they were the government's friend. And all this is neither here nor there. I was talking about the happy cheers for a hacking group that has done more harm, and I have yet to see any good. You can support them if you want in certain actions, but for me I don't advocate for any hacking group as their very name is one of the worst things that can happen to a website. And in light of the fact that we've had to deal with a recent threat of hacking I'm even less tolerant of groups like Anonymous.

#71 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jan 20 2012, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I never claimed they were the government's friend. And all this is neither here nor there. I was talking about the happy cheers for a hacking group that has done more harm, and I have yet to see any good. You can support them if you want in certain actions, but for me I don't advocate for any hacking group as their very name is one of the worst things that can happen to a website. And in light of the fact that we've had to deal with a recent threat of hacking I'm even less tolerant of groups like Anonymous.

My point with saying it wasn't the government's friend was to say that it made things uneasy, and that there are people keeping the government on its toes through illegal means.

As for the recent hack threat of this website and having this person look into my private life. I'm fully aware of what a hacker can do.

#72 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

I've said my piece, and will leave it here as we've already strayed off topic.

#73 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Why aren't we talking about the thing I've posted that Congress Withdrew the Bill from being voted on? The Bill basically just got killed.

The Bill this topic thread is about in the first place.

For god sake, WIKIPEDIA GOING "DARK" FOR A DAY DID MORE THAN kittening ANONYMOUS.

Yes, the jerk neighbor you remember from gaming club in high school who likes V for Vendetta without knowing who Guy Fawkes is was responsible, not major pressure from Silicon Valley, Media, and other corporations against the bill.

Edited by Insurrection, 20 January 2012 - 11:21 PM.

#74 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jan 20 2012, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why aren't we talking about the thing I've posted that Congress Withdrew the Bill from being voted on? The Bill basically just got killed.

The Bill this topic thread is about in the first place.

For god sake, WIKIPEDIA GOING "DARK" FOR A DAY DID MORE THAN kittening ANONYMOUS.

Yes, the jerk neighbor you remember from gaming club in high school who likes V for Vendetta without knowing who Guy Fawkes is was responsible, not major pressure from Silicon Valley, Media, and other corporations against the bill.

If you actually know Anonymous, turn him in, please.

Back on topic now, ja?

#75 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

http://www.destructo...ly-220060.phtml

Adding a final nail in the coffin (maybe), ESA has finally pulled its support from SOPA/PIPA.

#76 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (Kamina-Yoshi @ Jan 20 2012, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you actually know Anonymous, turn him in, please.

Back on topic now, ja?

Just had to get my hot air out like SB did.

Now that SOPA has been 'killed' by the Senate I thought that was more relevant.

Because I can continue posting random clips again.

Edited by Insurrection, 20 January 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#77 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Jan 21 2012, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just had to get my hot air out like SB did.

Now that SOPA has been 'killed' by the Senate I thought that was more relevant.

Because I can continue posting random clips again.

hmm- is SOPA really dead though? they've basically said- uh we'll lie down for now- fix some stuff up and throw it back into congress again later.

>.>- seriously its not funny anymore-
on the side note:

http://s3.amazonaws....u...EAxNvXE9/A=

like lol tumblr- trolling at its finest

#78 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

For those who are interested here it the actual indictment against Megaupload. Just so you know before you start reading, it's long (72 pages).

http://documents.lat...ite-megaupload/

#79 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Jan 21 2012, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who are interested here it the actual indictment against Megaupload. Just so you know before you start reading, it's long (72 pages).

http://documents.lat...ite-megaupload/

Whoa that is long and I'm feeling lazy to read, it could take anyone hours maybe days to read all of that.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#80 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Jan 21 2012, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa that is long and I'm feeling lazy to read, it could take anyone hours maybe days to read all of that.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that is something Federal law requires or something that is done in major federal cases, but most state level indictments aren't remotely close that long and are usually on a few pages that simply state the charges and basic info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users