22 replies to this topic

#1 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:54 PM

https://youtu.be/lyKEUvomego not surprised though i wonder what kind of stories they could do with hans out of the picture i know lots of people have gripes with it but i really enjoyed the first one

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#2 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:44 AM

https://youtu.be/lyKEUvomego not surprised though i wonder what kind of stories they could do with hans out of the picture i know lots of people have gripes with it but i really enjoyed the first one

They have to get a boyfriend to Elsa.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#3 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:41 AM

a fire dude maybe?  :P

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 March 2015 - 02:42 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#4 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

You read my mind.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#5 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 03:11 AM

agreed

#6 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

Maybe that short that they are showing with the Cinderella movie will give us more of an idea on what they can do with a sequal.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#7 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

oh no, one princess without a male love interest please..

ナルサク

#8 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:13 PM

What has the world come to? An female lead can't have an love interest. An romance would be beneath her awesomeness, right?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#9 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

What has the world come to? An female lead can't have an love interest. An romance would be beneath her awesomeness, right?

That was not what I meant. :wot:

ナルサク

#10 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:53 PM

That was not what I meant. :wot:

Then what did you mean?

#11 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:15 AM

Then what did you mean?

Disney feels the need to insert a love interest for every god damn princess, I'm sick of hetero ships, of male+female lead going on adventure together and marry in the end. Disney uses the same plot structure over and over again. Brave is the only movie I can come up with now that stands out in this regard. I don't want Frozen 2 to be about Elsa's love story.

That said I should not have to explain this to you. At no point did I say a love interest would put Elsa's character down?? It depends on how it is written, but you put those words in my mouth.

ナルサク

#12 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

Disney feels the need to insert a love interest for every god damn princess, I'm sick of hetero ships, of male+female lead going on adventure together and marry in the end. Disney uses the same plot structure over and over again. Brave is the only movie I can come up with now that stands out in this regard. I don't want Frozen 2 to be about Elsa's love story.

That said I should not have to explain this to you. At no point did I say a love interest would put Elsa's character down?? It depends on how it is written, but you put those words in my mouth.

Well, I don't need to see romance in every single movie I watch. That being said I won't be annoyed if they give Elsa an love interest.

It's none of my business if the romances are hetero or not, but don't forget that americans are conservative about things like this. It's very unlikely they put an non straight romance in a movie that haves children as it's main audience.

#13 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

Well, I don't need to see romance in every single movie I watch. That being said I won't be annoyed if they give Elsa an love interest.

It's none of my business if the romances are hetero or not, but don't forget that americans are conservative about things like this. It's very unlikely they put an non straight romance in a movie that haves children as it's main audience.

I always headcanoned elsa as ace, which I recognize as highly subjective and connected to my own sexuality. She's obviously straight in the creators' mind tho, as Disney is no less conservative than the rest of the country. A love interest would still ruin that idea, but like I said it isnt the only reason I dont't want one for her.

ナルサク

#14 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:19 AM

It wouldn't be a bad thing to me. But either way is fine. If Elsa remains single I'm fine with that

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 March 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#15 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 07:24 AM

All I want is a good story!!

#16 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

I always headcanoned elsa as ace, which I recognize as highly subjective and connected to my own sexuality. She's obviously straight in the creators' mind tho, as Disney is no less conservative than the rest of the country. A love interest would still ruin that idea, but like I said it isnt the only reason I dont't want one for her.

nice comment on elsa what i want in frozen 2 is her powers explained cuz with a sequel the frozen team can explore more of the sisters backstory that was really the only nitpick i had with frozen 1

#17 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

It will be hilarious if the fire dude is weak.

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

Yeah sure romantic comedy is a thing in the first movie :D

#19 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:34 AM

Frozen isn't the FIRST Disney movie not to focus on romance, and instead explore a sibling bond. In Lilo and Stitch, Nani and Lilo's relationship was both unconventional (being delegated to 'mom' in a broken home) and realatable in their behaviour. Brother Bear emphasizes the relationship between brothers. In those two movies, romance was a much smaller plot. I'm with you that I would rather not see Frozen 2 become Elsa's love story, since they are still a dime a dozen, but Frozen isn't unique--it's just the most successful example.

What made it special for me was that Elsa's narrative and her reprise for "First Time in Forever" spoke to me in my anxiety and depression. To others, it was interpreted as a narrative about a repressed sexuality. Whatever it was that got us, I can understand that no one wants that message taken away, and that's the fear with Frozen 2. I would personally like seeing Elsa take more of a focus in her personality away from her anxieties and insecurities. I want to see her open up more, and then be challenged--that our problems don't magically disappear with this thing called love, but we have to face them every day and let love and support help us; and also, that it doesn't define us. 

I would prefer if Elsa does not have a love interest, just because I feel it would take away from a better plot--and unless it's for a better cause like giving representation to under-represented groups, I say the Disney crew should just let romance go.

#20 narulsaku

narulsaku

FALLEN ANGEL

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • Interests:playing vedio games , readin' mangas , books ,singing , drawing , and also listing music , hang arround with friends , cricket, football, and also table tennise,eating
    I love multipllayer games like dog fight , tanki online.
    ect....

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:50 AM

I would love if frozen 2 comes in
I loved the first part . Though there were some issues with the first one but still it was rather good.

god is sweet.......
courage,,,,,,,,,,,
doesn't always roar.............
sometimescourage is quite voice at the
end of the day saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
'll try again tomorrow"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users