#1 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

THE PLOT THICKENS!

Edited by Dreamer, 12 October 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:25 AM

OMG Madara has been brought back to life then who the heck is the man behind the mask. It has to be Obito, that means the coffin that Kabuto summoned that made the mask man tremble in fear was him...Madara. Kishi you have done a plot twist you sly dog. Although you are feedin NH fan service according to the fans of said fandom because I didn't saw a romantic moment there Naruto just acknowledged that she has saved him, but once again Hinata didn't blushed or fainted this is anothe hint Kishi is giving us that she has moved on from her romantic feelings for him, but that's not what NH fans will think, I can see them cheering loudly NH is canon. But whatever who gives a damn about that Madara is back and he's not the mask man.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

I knew it! I just knew it! Tobi is not Madara! The real Madara is awesomeness!

Hmm... I haven't been thrilled like this for a long time.

And the NaruHina moment. While Naruto remembered Hinata's actions in front of Pain, it's been obvious that he's actively distancing himself away from the confession...

It seems that Naruto is really not thinking anything about romantic relationships while Sasuke is at large.

Now... JUST WHO IS TOBI?

PS: I'm not against Madara being the 6th coffin, but I just like the idea that it is Rikudo instead. Too bad it's not granted. smile.gif

Rating 10/10 biggrin.gif

Edited by Hokage Sennin, 12 October 2011 - 11:40 AM.

#4 Torxe

Torxe

World's greatest critic <boragnarok>

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Games, PC, fora, terraria, Bo-karate, meditation

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:39 AM

fail for the masked guy --Click here to view--

So the guy we thought was Madara was probably another member of the Uchiha clan (Could very well be Ubito but I still have some doubts), given he had the sharingan when he first appeared in the manga.

No wonder that he was scared kittenless when Kabuto showed him his trump card. But if you think about it, who ever is hiding behind that mask failed big time.

One: he said that he was madara
(=> makes me think about that guy in one piece that give himself out to be Luffy, I know it ain't exactly the same but it came to mind tongue.gif)

Two: he said he was but a shell of his former self after his fight with the first hokage to make up for his lack of strength (however he was strong enough with that transportation technique of his) in comparison with the real Madara.

In support of the Sakura we once knew:

Sakura-killing-hinata-naruto-shippuuden-

#5 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:40 AM

At the beginning of the chapter I didn't like the interaction between Naruto and Hinata. I wouldn't call it romantic or anything but I thought we put the confession behind but Naruto remembered how she tried to save him. Sigh, we were celebrating how he payed more attention to Sakura than Hinata and now we get this...

But I'm very very excited to know who the man behind the mask is. I mean, I bet nobody expected the guy in the last coffin to be Madara. Oh, this is sooo getting interesting. And if I'm not mistaken, Sasuke will also be arriving with the masked man.

#6 Naruhina488

Naruhina488

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Holy kitten!! --Click here to view--
Yes yes yes!!! I knew it wasn't madara in the mask!! But who the hell is that imposter?! Obito? Well it makes sense. Didn't obito have the same hair and his right sharigan crushed? NH moment! Woot! Woot! biggrin.gif Damn, it looks like sakura's battle was off screen.... ;( Naruto is going to pass out. He's over doing it.... Again....

Edited by Naruhina488, 12 October 2011 - 12:00 PM.

#7 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

What the fudge?!? --Click here to view--
MADARA CAME BACK FROM THE DEAD?!

It appears that Kishi-sensei has trolled us with the whole "Tobi is Madara" thing. I think. I mean, how the hell can you bring back someone from the dead when they're alive? It doesn't work. So my wild guess is that this "masked man" is Obito... or Izuna... nah, not Izuna. Maybe Shisui? Hold on, that can't be right. Oh, I don't know anymore. But does this mean Madara isn't 90+ years old anymore? If so... long live the young!

Hmm, looks like Naruto's "diabolic smile" seems to confirm that Naruto is being all cocky-ass after all. So I was right and no one listened! I think... who knows, really...

Let's see if the NH fanbase on the other side celebrate when Naruto "addresses Hinata's confession". [Pfff he didn't even do that, all he addressed was that fact that she saved him so... I wouldn't count that as a NaruHina moment :|]

Now... WHO REALLY IS TOBI? WHO DID NAGATO REALLY TAKE ORDERS FROM? I'm on the edge of my seat... we all are I bet.

JA2DBzd.png

#8 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Naruhina488 @ Oct 12 2011, 04:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes yes yes!!! I knew it wasn't madara in the mask!! But who the hell is that imposter?! Obito? Well it makes sense. Didn't obito have the same hair and his right sharigan crushed? NH moment! Woot! Woot! biggrin.gif

Yes it was a NH moment but I didn't saw anything romantic about it. I'm happy Kishi made Naruto acknowledged Hinata for her sacrifice he needed to do that to him or Naruto would be OC. The thing I see that it's not a romantic NH moment is like mentioned in my previous post she didn't blushed or fainted, especially when she was close to him. I see it as a moment of acknoeldgement and character development for Hinata (I like the fact that she's starting to feel like a burden the same way Sakura thinks of herself when she's trying to protect Naruto and he's the one who saves her instead.

In my POV like I said before I think Hinata has moved on from any romantic feelings for Naruto, but I'm going off topic I will save the rest of my thoughts for the debate thread.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#9 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Oct 12 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At the beginning of the chapter I didn't like the interaction between Naruto and Hinata. I wouldn't call it romantic or anything but I thought we put the confession behind but Naruto remembered how she tried to save him. Sigh, we were celebrating how he payed more attention to Sakura than Hinata and now we get this...

But I'm very very excited to know who the man behind the mask is. I mean, I bet nobody expected the guy in the last coffin to be Madara. Oh, this is sooo getting interesting. And if I'm not mistaken, Sasuke will also be arriving with the masked man.

I was also a bit disappointed with the interaction, but I guess the other fandom also deserves fans service. I do not see it as romantic, no blush, no lines which indicates romance from both sides. It is also logical to remember someone who has jumped over to 'save' you in the past. So, Naruto's reaction was pretty much normal.

Moreover, the facial exp​ression of both parties are drawn. So, we can more or less conclude it. If you notice how Kishi pointed out 'romantic' moments in the past, one of the parties' facial exp​ression were not typically shown, to add a dramatic notion in it (e.g. the hug scene).

I think it was not Sasuke though. It is one of the jinchuuriki coming with Madara, but I might be wrong.

My thought was exactly what Oonoki said in the last page 'Who in the world is the man behind that mask?'.

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#10 Askia31

Askia31

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Oct 12 2011, 08:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes it was a NH moment but I didn't saw anything romantic about it. I'm happy Kishi made Naruto acknowledged Hinata for her sacrifice he needed to do that to him or Naruto would be OC. The thing I see that it's not a romantic NH moment is like mentioned in my previous post she didn't blushed or fainted, especially when she was close to him. I see it as a moment of acknoeldgement and character development for Hinata (I like the fact that she's starting to feel like a burden the same way Sakura thinks of herself when she's trying to protect Naruto and he's the one who saves her instead.

In my POV like I said before I think Hinata has moved on from any romantic feelings for Naruto, but I'm going off topic I will save the rest of my thoughts for the debate thread.

http://mangastream.c...ruto/94539395/7 i think she was blushing here in the middle left panel.

#11 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Askia31 @ Oct 12 2011, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://mangastream.c...ruto/94539395/7 i think she was blushing here in the middle left panel.

too low down on the face, and drawn the same as Neiji's and Shino's (possibly Kiba too but his facial markings cover that part of his face.) on the same page. Just what Kishimoto draws on faces to indicate people have been in the middle of battles. There's no romance on either side, which just follows what's happened since 450. Even with Naruto's "patented" self-confidence booster speech directed at her Hinata is no longer blushing, she's reacting the same as the guys with her. Yeah and basically supports the theory that Hinata's feelings was a confusion of hero worship for a crush. She thought she wasn't capable of even being a "noble failure" like what she thought Naruto was. Once she set aside her crush in 450 she started being able to face battles better, even if she's still hero worshiping Naruto, at least now it's not confused with a romantic crush. Naruto's telling her she's stronger than she believes she is.

Edited by ciardha, 12 October 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#12 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Forgot to mention... --Click here to view--
I'm happy that we got to see Sai, too! I love him.
There's a few things I'm not so sure about:
First, why did we think Tobi was Madara in the first place? Did he outright say something about it or did we just assume? I can't remember why, but I never gave it second thought. It was basically considered canon.
Secondly, why does everyone think that Obito is behind the mask? Obito as an evil mastermind... I can't picture it. And we're pretty sure that he died.

#13 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Kim @ Oct 12 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forgot to mention... --Click here to view--
I'm happy that we got to see Sai, too! I love him.
There's a few things I'm not so sure about:
First, why did we think Tobi was Madara in the first place? Did he outright say something about it or did we just assume? I can't remember why, but I never gave it second thought. It was basically considered canon.
Secondly, why does everyone think that Obito is behind the mask? Obito as an evil mastermind... I can't picture it. And we're pretty sure that he died.

Chapter 364: Tobi revealed himself as Madara when he was giving orders to Pain...or telling him something.

Edited by ChidoriLuv, 12 October 2011 - 01:08 PM.

JA2DBzd.png

#14 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

Not only did I like the chapter itself (gotta admit, Naruto turning Hinata's own logic back on her like that was a very nice thing to do), but there was the biggest twist ever there. Holy kitten laugh.gif Kabuto has definitely got the upper hand now.
One question though: how the hell does Madara know about Naruto?

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#15 CaramelMiki

CaramelMiki

PONPONうぇいうぇいう

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

That was such a good chapter XD I woke up earlier just to read it. OMG I knew Tobi isn't Madara, and Madara was in that coffin (or someone else). Now I seriously wanna know who Tobi is. And yay Sai gets a small fight <3 XD That NH scene kinda made me sad but oh well lol. Can't wait for the next one (oh gawd I don't wanna wait another week) T__T

narusaku128.gif

#16 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

All I have to say is: I did NOT expect that! So the real Madara has been dead all this time? Then who is the guy posing as Madara? Maybe there is some truth to the Tobi = Obito theory after all. One thing is for certain. I can't wait to see what happens next week!

I don't really know what to make of the Naruto/Hinata moment. I don't really see anything particularly romantic about it. All I saw was Naruto acknowledging Hinata's strength and how she tried to protect him against Pain. It COULD be, but until I hear direct confirmation from Naruto himself that he loves Hinata, im gonna say that he still loves Sakura.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#17 crazyefra

crazyefra

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Interests:Living, Having a lot of friends. <br />In terms of music, anything but Bachata (excluding Juan Luis Guerra), Reggaeton and Merengue. <br />In terms of anime and T.V. shows, Naruto, Bleach, Kekkaishi, Psych, Burn Notice, Mythbusters, Family Guy, Attack of the Show, White Collar, Heroes. <br />In terms of movies, anything but Twilight, &quot;girly&quot; movies, high school &quot;dramas&quot;, horror movies (excluding zombie flicks). <br />In terms of fanfics, I only read stories with NS as the pairing or Naruharem fics with Sakura being part of it and nothing where Sakura or Naruto gets bashed constantly and killed like if they were animals.

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

Neji seemed jealous of Naruto rolleyes.gif ... This "moment", he already did it with other people including Sakura, so I don't see how this is different...and holy crap that Madara just thickened the plot and this means there's only one Uchiha alive which reminds me of stuff Kishi once said would happen.

そして、あなたの声は私が聞いたすべてだった
しかし、私に値するものを手に入れる

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSaku, (Fem)NaruSaku, NaruSasu (as brothers, rivals, best friends), ShikaTema, NaruInoSaku, NaruHarem (excluding Hinata), MinaKushi, ChouIno, YahiKona
Fairy Tail: NatsuLucy, NatsuErza :D
Bleach: IchiRukia

Characters:
Naruto: Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru, Konan, Gaara, Kushina, Kakashi, Ino
Fairy Tail: Erza, Happy, Natsu, Grey, Lucy, Gajeel
Bleach: Ichigo, Nell, Kenpachi, Rukia, Karin, Kon

Misc.: Linkin Park, Green Day

In between Anti and Pro: --Click here to view--

Pairings:
Naruto: NaruSakuHina, SakuHina, NaruTayu, KibaHina, SakuKarin
Bleach: IchiHime

Characters:
Naruto: Hinata, Tayuya, Karin, Itachi
Bleach: Orihime, Chad

Misc.: Yuri :D

Pairings:
Naruto: SasuSaku, NaruHina, NaruSasu (as gay lovers), KakaSaku, SasuAnyone, ShikaIno

Characters:
Naruto: Sasuke, Madara, "fanon" Hinata (not to be confused with canon Hinata), Kabuto
Bleach: Aizen, Yamamoto

Misc.:Twilight, Yaoi, Fillers, Sakura bashing

#18 HenryFlitzroy

HenryFlitzroy

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Shiny Chapter. --Click here to view--
Hoo boy, seems like we're finally getting to the interesting parts of the plot.

Heh, the little NH thing is nothing to worry about, i think this will be the last interaction between the 2 of them in a long while. This was a little conclusion of sorts for Hinata, and Sakura's side is far from concluded.

Well, now that we know that mr.Mask is def. NOT Madara that leaves only 3 ''logical'' guesses on his identity.

-> he is someone we have not heard about before

-> he is Madara's brother or

-> he is Obito Uchiha or a close relative of him. Most clues seem to point in this direction, however there are also some points that make it very unlikely, wich will need to be explained in the manga for it to make any sense.

1 his name Tobi, obi -> to

2 his power of warping could be what saved him from death, Zetsu could have restored his body. (although how he used it with one sharingan gone and the other crushed, no idea)

3 he gave one of his sharingans to Kakashi -> Kakashi has a warping power Tobi knows about.

4 Their haircuts match biggrin.gif.

None of this explains however how he could have had such a major change of principles, or how he knows so damn much about pretty much everything.
And then there is the night Naruto was born ...
Really if Orochimaru had not revived the first Hokage, i would have put him on the list of suspects too.

We spend all our youth chasing money, and when we attain it, we spend all our money chasing youth.

#19 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

It really kind of sucks... --Click here to view--
that we've all been dying, just dying for a Sakura to be on the battlefield. And what do we see when she is finally being badass? We have to watch Hinata go all moony-eyed for Naruto again.

I suppose it doesn't help that I went on narutoforums this week and read some of the rabid anti-Sakura, pro-NH stuff. They very much believe in Hinata, and downright hate Sakura. And stuff like this only supports that. Kind of shakes the foundation of Sakura as the main heroine when Hinata does get more panel time and clearly more character development. To even be drawing in a flashback the moment that NH-ers hang their hopes on... Basically the only time we see Hinata nowadays is in relation to Naruto in some way. With Sakura, she's been shown as the attention of unwanted love and to be thinking of Sasuke (for good or bad). She's really not shown in relation to Naruto. Even when he saved her, Kishimoto did not reveal her thoughts.

I suppose this is good for NS. But I definitely feel like Kishimoto is trolling Sakura supporters in this chapter. She finally gets to fight...and we aren't shown any of it. And I was so looking forward to this chapter....

Going to drown my tears in a green tea.

Oh yeah, and the madara-is-not-madara thing. Pleasantly surprised. Kishimoto is lengthening the life of the manga by introducing new villains right under our noses! That's some ninja writing techniques on his part!

#20 Hokage Sennin

Hokage Sennin

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (JibJabba @ Oct 12 2011, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shiny Chapter. --Click here to view--

Well, now that we know that mr.Mask is def. NOT Madara that leaves only 3 ''logical'' guesses on his identity.

-> he is someone we have not heard about before

-> he is Madara's brother or

-> he is Obito Uchiha or a close relative of him. Most clues seem to point in this direction, however there are also some points that make it very unlikely, wich will need to be explained in the manga for it to make any sense.

*snip*

I think he's either Obito, some Uchiha wannabe, or Zetsu himself. I prefer Obito, but another twist might reveal that Tobi really is Madara as well. Too many unknowns.

At any case, Gaara's and co. is screwed big time.

Edited by Hokage Sennin, 12 October 2011 - 02:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users