Close
Photo

The Great "A-Z of NaruSaku" Challenge (FINAL WEEK!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#41 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 11 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks smile.gif I'll be working on the first draft of it today. For right now here's the last of the prompts. This one takes place in the "home" time period of Rain or Shine, when Saori is three.

Jab

Naruto jabbed a kunai into a paper- the counsel’s latest complaints. Petty things to drive you into a temper. Stabbing it seemed better than Tsunade’s solution. The much patched walls attested to her choice. He felt a tug on his sleeve. Saori looked up at him sad faced.
“Daddy mad at me?”
“No Saori chan, this.”
“Mommy said, tell you it’s garbage.”
Naruto laughed. “It is garbage.”
He balled it up and tossed it away. “Break time!”
Lifting her up to his shoulders, he climbed out the window. Then he bounded across rooftops, Saori holding on tight, squealing with delight.

Your fanfic is so cute happy.gif I believe the next chapter will be more cute and funny, right?

#42 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Tobi_Uchiha @ Mar 11 2007, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your fanfic is so cute happy.gif I believe the next chapter will be more cute and funny, right?

Thanks! and yes. I've been looking forward to writing that chapter for a while. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#43 pocoloco

pocoloco

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:57 AM

Sorry this is late, I have a whole string of excuses that I won't bother you guys with. ( It was important, though!)

This week's prompts!

Kiss
Light
Magic
New
Obligation

Start your pencils!

#44 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:27 AM

Kiss

It wasn’t what she expected nor how she planned it. It was the right guy, yes. She always thought he would taste like ramen or something salty. But his lips were surprisingly sweet and she felt safe nestled within his arms. Sakura didn’t think that her first kiss would be an accident; a result of Naruto turning over in his sleep and muttering something about how beautiful she was. He was probably dreaming about kissing her. She wondered if she should ever tell him about tonight, maybe when the mission was over. Until then, Naruto certainly made a nice blanket.

Light

The first thing he registered was the loss of warmth; second, the gentle touch on his shoulder. It wasn’t until he heard the familiar voice of his longtime crush that he woke.

“Sakura-chan?”

“Ah, you’re finally awake. Sleep well?”

Naruto nodded as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. When he looked at Sakura, he couldn’t help but notice a change in her. He couldn’t quite place it, but if he had to put it into words she seemed lighter. Something good must have happened to her. Unconsciously, Naruto touched his lips with a smile. Somehow, he felt lighter too.

End of line.

#45 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:13 AM

Okay, so I'm still behind. Work+school+kids= beat-down Wolfy-kun sad.gif

H is for Hat.

(make that way behind.)

Naruto held the battered hat in his hands. He’d rescued the floppy thing from a garbage can as a kid and he’d had it with him ever since. Naruto would (if forced) admit that it wasn’t very pretty but dammit, it was his.
But he wasn’t a kid anymore. He was a man, and men should set aside childish things.
Naruto looked at the crib and smiled.
Sometimes you don’t set things aside, but instead pass them on.
“Here Sasuke,” whispered Naruto to his and Sakura’s child. He placed the hat on the baby’s head. “This belongs to you now.”

Even managed to squeeze NaruSaku hintage where there was none before, woot! So now I'm only what, 10 behind or so? Sigh.

EDIT: 4 or so months later and I just now catch a grammar screw-up? Gah.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#46 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:59 AM

Kiss

The kiss was gentle, surprising Sakura. She made the first move, leaning toward Naruto with her eyes half closed. Her first kiss, so what if it wasn’t Naruto’s first. She giggled, breaking the kiss.
“Do I kiss bad?”
“No, that was wonderful. I remembered, this isn’t your first kiss .”
Naruto looked disgusted. “Please, I’ve been trying to forget that since it happened. Got Shikamaru back for causing that.”
“When you pushed him over the rails at the Chunin Exams.”
“He should thank me, got him Temari.”
“Or Temari got him”
They laughed , taking joy in the moment.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#47 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

Magic

He tried to forget about her. He knew she didn’t love him so with a heavy heart and bitter smile, he promised to bring him back to her. Naruto thought that the training trip would help rid him of all his feelings for her. Boy was he ever wrong. All it took was one charka-enfused punch and his heart was afire. Tsunade must have taught her a powerful genjutsu. Naruto swore that Sakura had become more attractive, more alluring than she ever had before. It was like magic because Naruto was willingly caught in the spell that was Sakura Haruno.

and one of the earlier prompts.

Ice Cream

It was three in the morning and Naruto was racing through the streets of Konoha looking for a store that was open. Sakura told him it was an S-class mission and if he failed, then he would be subjected to sleep on the couch for a month. His orders: get a gallon of rocky-road ice cream and pickles. Simple enough, but not when most of the stores were closed and to top it off there was an irate pregnant woman ready to kill her husband if she didn’t satisfy her cravings. Naruto sighed, the things he did for his wife.

End of line.

#48 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

Kiss

“Stop rubbing your jaw, you'll just make it worse!” Sakura scolds, pulling Naruto's hand away.

“But, Sakura-chan, it hurts!” Naruto protests, wincing as he glimpses his reflection on the water under the bridge.

Her eyes wandering over the bandages adorning Naruto's face, Sakura sighs, expression distant.

The mission was a disaster, the information fatally inaccurate. Sakura is just thankful they made it back.

That's another she owes Naruto.

Naruto is looking at Sakura, concerned. She's daydreaming, still holding his hand.

“Sakura-chan..?”

Sakura blinks, then her eyes soften.

“Would you like me to kiss it better?” Sakura teases, smirking.

Going to try and do all this week's prompts tonight! XD

EDIT: Drat, got to sleep. I blame the H&E chatroom for sucking me in and stopping me from writing more. tongue.gif

#49 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

Light (this one's kind of sexy, heh, I think I turned myself on writing it wink.gif

Moonlight danced on the lake, and played upon the hair of the lovers.
“Are you okay we did this Sakura chan?”
“Yes, more than okay, it’s like a weight is gone from my heart. My whole body feels lighter.”
Naruto grins “Even though I’m still on top of you?”
“Better stay there, I might just float off if you don’t” She teased sexily.
He chuckled in a low sexy way she hadn’t heard from him before, and kissed her collarbone. “Ready for another round yet?”
Sakura closed her eyes and enjoyed the feel of Naruto’s skin intimately against hers.
“Yes”

#50 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 14 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Light (this one's kind of sexy, heh, I think I turned myself on writing it wink.gif

Moonlight danced on the lake, and played upon the hair of the lovers.
“Are you okay we did this Sakura chan?”
“Yes, more than okay, it’s like a weight is gone from my heart. My whole body feels lighter.”
Naruto grins “Even though I’m still on top of you?”
“Better stay there, I might just float off if you don’t” She teased sexily.
He chuckled in a low sexy way she hadn’t heard from him before, and kissed her collarbone. “Ready for another round yet?”
Sakura closed her eyes and enjoyed the feel of Naruto’s skin intimately against hers.
“Yes”

That's hot. 121721.gif

Here are mine:

New

“How about that one?”
“It won’t match the coffee table.”
“Okay, what about that one?”
“Too small.”
Naruto sighed. Who knew that shopping for furniture was so exhausting. “Sakura? Why can’t we just keep the old couch I have?”
“Your couch is older than dirt and the springs are starting to pop out of it. Besides, it’s nice to get something new every now and then.”
“Yeah, I guess.”
“Think of the couch as a symbol of our new life together. And we’ll need to break it in, won’t we?” Sakura winked seductively.
“In that case, how about that one?”

I had to write this one after seeing the first part of 5cm. Beautiful animation and such as sweet story. wub.gif

Blanket

Naruto tightened the blanket around Sakura’s shoulder. A gentle warmth in his eyes over the dire, yet peaceful scene. They were caught in a blizzard with the hollow of a large tree as their shelter. They both barely fit, their excuse to snuggle. But none of that mattered as long as they had each other. They talked all night to keep each other warm, but the greatest heat came from those slight touches or fond caresses. With hell on earth outside, they were in a blissful embrace of serenity. Enshrouded in darkness with only their unspoken feelings lighting the air.

End of line.

#51 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

Magic (this takes place in my Rain or Shine fanfiction universe, when Saori is a year old)

Sakura looked up from the crumbling document she was transcribing. Naruto was encouraging their daughter to take her first steps.
“Daddy’s right here, Saori chan.”
It was older than the village. Jutsus were seen as magic. Strangely, the Haruna clan was mentioned prominently. The Haruna’s barely ranked as a ninja family, she was the first Jonin. Yet this spoke of the second persona, as a family magic. Why had it disappeared, only to reappear with her? Would Saori have it?
“Good girl!” Naruto hugged Saori; she had taken those first steps.
That, Sakura smiled, was a magic all its own.

#52 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:28 AM

Another one done, but still not on the current week. Go figure!

I is for Ice Cream

Sakura had special reasons for loving ice cream; the different flavors reminded her of Naruto.
She relished the flavor of strawberry cheesecake the same way she savored the rush of delight when Naruto spontaneously did something incredibly sweet.
Rocky road reminded her of all the times Naruto would act obnoxious just to give her some stress relief. (*Whap* “Baka!”)
Double chocolate swirl with whipped cream and cherries still made her blush.
But Sakura’s favorite flavor was definitely vanilla. Plain vanilla. Solid, steady vanilla.
Solid and steady just like the love Naruto carried for her all these years and always would.

"Your love is better than ice cream,
Better than anything else that I've tried..."
-Sarah McLachlan, 'Ice Cream'

Yes, vaguely inspired by that line. Yes, I have the CD that song is on.
I will now attempt to restore my masculinity: "SO, HOW ABOUT THAT NCAA TOURNAMENT?!"

*ahem* yeah, didn't think that'd work.

P.S. Enjoying everyone's drabbles! Ciardha, looks like I have some reading to do to catch up on "Rain or Shine." Consider yourself on my "to-do" list now. smile.gif
Er, I meant reading "Rain or Shine" of course....
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#53 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Mar 16 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will now attempt to restore my masculinity: "SO, HOW ABOUT THAT NCAA TOURNAMENT?!"

U Of L won big time! (college I graduated from smile.gif

QUOTE (Jwolf0 @ Mar 16 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. Enjoying everyone's drabbles! Ciardha, looks like I have some reading to do to catch up on "Rain or Shine." Consider yourself on my "to-do" list now. smile.gif
Er, I meant reading "Rain or Shine" of course....

Heh, pervert. laugh.gif
Glad you enjoyed my drabbles, the ones set in my Rain or Shine universe give me chances to touch things that I've not written out yet or would have otherwise just skipped past.

#54 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:35 AM

Obligation

“Are you sure you want to do this?”
“I feel obligated to, I mean you are. . . you know.”
“Is that the only reason why you want this . . . us?”
“No! I mean, yes! I mean . . . I just don’t know Sakura.”
Sakura grabbed Naruto’s hand and squeezed it before resting it against her belly. “I don’t want you to marry me because you feel obligated or pressured. I want you to marry me because I love you and you me. Are you sure you want to do this?”
Naruto smiled, rubbing Sakura’s stomach. “Yes.”

Curiosity

She always wondered why she had pink hair like her mother and blue eyes like her father. She questioned why she had to take naps when she wasn’t even tired. But she also wondered why her mother had a bulge in her stomach that her father said was her baby brother. So, like the curious girl she was, she asked her parents where babies really came from. They told her that they came from her parents’ love for each other. She guessed that was the reason why her mother had a big belly in their wedding picture: because of love.

End of line.

#55 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 04:56 AM

New

Jonin at last! Naruto grinned. His uniform was the official one, and new. Tsunade promoted him from Genin to Jonin after the last mission. Konoha laws allowed this if a promotion was seen as deserved and overdue.

Sakura smiled, Naruto looked so manly in the uniform. Sakura had been promoted too. Hers was easy, not one argument. The counsel balked on Naruto’s promotion, because of being a jinchuuriki. Tsunade wouldn’t back down, and they finally agreed.

Sakura stroked her fingers against Naruto’s whisker marks. He closed his eyes and smiled, they were Jonin together , that was the best thing.

#56 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:03 AM

Ciardha that last one was pretty cool.

You said that your drabbles happen in the "Rain or Shine" Universe. Does that mean that you're gonna put them in some chapters?

#57 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (murdoc @ Mar 18 2007, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ciardha that last one was pretty cool.

You said that your drabbles happen in the "Rain or Shine" Universe. Does that mean that you're gonna put them in some chapters?

Thanks! Some might go in a bit altered (expanded) manner, others are ones from time periods I'm jumping over, but were inspired by the prompt to write a drabble. This one coming up is an example of one that I'll expand for Rain and Shine. It's in chapter 7 that I'm working on right now, at the private wedding reception for just friends and family members.

Obligation (last one for this week smile.gif I think I was the first one to finish them all this week, right?

“I didn’t understand all obligations to being the Kazekage, until I fought Deidara” Gaara mused aloud.
Naruto nodded. “I want to start out being as good as Hokage.”
“But you know far more than I on obligations to the woman you love.” Gaara nodded in the direction of his fiancee, who was intently listening to Sakura, Naruto’s wife. “I fear I will never come close to your devotion to Sakura san , and worry I will fail Matsuri somehow.”
“Try with all your heart, every day, she’ll know, and forgive you, when you fall short .” Naruto said emphatically.

#58 Myrkr

Myrkr

Havoc♥

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Mar 17 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think I was the first one to finish them all this week, right?

Nope, AchikaMiyu was able to finish all this weeks prompts first.

I'm loving all the drabbles by the way, I'm always checking this thread for new additions. Great job, everyone. smile.gif

#59 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Historic @ Mar 18 2007, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, AchikaMiyu was able to finish all this weeks prompts first.

I'm loving all the drabbles by the way, I'm always checking this thread for new additions. Great job, everyone. smile.gif

Ah, I missed that because AchikaMiyu was doing earlier weeks along with this one. Heh, that's good, I was worried I'd have to come up with next week's prompts wink.gif

#60 AchikaMiyu

AchikaMiyu

Underpants Gnome

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

Acceptance

It’s what made him attracted to her in the first place; the longing for acceptance. He wanted it from the village and she wanted it from the raven-haired heartthrob. They both desired that recognition doing everything they could to obtain it. They trained, they studied and they pushed themselves, hoping for reprieve. Ultimately, after years of training and striving for that goal, it was the acceptance of each other that made them the happiest. Through acceptance, came love. He finally received the love from his Sakura-chan and she the looks of endearment from a man who had always cherished her.

Envelope

She couldn’t believe all the junk he had: Ichiraku ramen receipts, eaten cups of ramen, and other things that she couldn’t identify. One of the odd things was a box filled to the brim with sealed envelopes, but no address.
“Naruto? Could you come here for a second?”
“What is it Sakura-chan?”
“What are all these?”
Naruto’s eyes widened and he blushed before answering. “Love letters.”
“Love letters?” Sakura glared.
“They were letters I wrote but never got the courage to give. Well, since you found them, I guess you can have them now.”
Maybe some junk should be treasured.

Four more drabbles and then I'm all caught up.
End of line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users