LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 14 July 2023 - 09:44 PM

The Minato 1 manga is finally up... now I'm not going to give you guys a summary of it.  

https://opscans.com/2238-2/

All I'm gonna say is it's worth giving a read and arguably its like one of the best things Kishi has written in terms of Naruto after a very very long time.   

That being said,  hope you all are having a blast and we'll have an amazing time with this! :happy:

Edited by LuckyChi7, 14 July 2023 - 10:49 PM.

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#2 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 14 July 2023 - 09:47 PM

I am doing a livestream discussion/review over the One shot currently so it's gonna be here: 

#3 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 11:29 PM

It's just this one chapter, right?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#4 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 14 July 2023 - 11:45 PM

It's just this one chapter, right?

Yes it's just this one chapter! 

I do kind of wonder if the reception of this one shot becomes really positive, and it gives Kishi a chance to do a limited series based on Minato's life. 

#5 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 04:03 PM

Yes it's just this one chapter! 

Thank you.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#6 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 15 July 2023 - 04:38 PM

You see, THAT was a true Naruto story! Everything flowed well, no nonsense whatsoever. Everything and everyone was correct in terms of character. 

However, I see how Naruto got some of his "lameness" from Minato, with the weird long name for the Rasengan! Like father, like son. 

Although:

Kurama

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 06:03 PM

I'll wait till its out officially before reading or doing the summary. So people can add to some stat that the companies are looking at.

Kurama has been trapped inside Mito Uzumaki and then in Kushina for nearly a century. All Tailed Beasts are bitter about being sealed inside people, so they can be used as weapons, and want to escape at all time; even if it means their host must die.

If Kurama is more involved in this one shot than he was in Naruto, there is probably two reasons. 1) Out of universe. Story-wise, Kishimoto may have realized that Kurama was far too passive compared to other inner (evil) spirit -look at Black Clover Asata's Devil, Jujutsu Kaisen with Sukuna, Sliverhand from Cyberpunk 2077, Joker from Arkham Knight, Chainsaw Man more in part two with Yoru, and My Hero Academy's One For All- and is trying to correct it. Hell, before he died he barely appeared in Boruto. When in theory, he was suppose to be Naruto's spiritual assistant in battle...think uh...Astral in Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL. 2) In universe. It is likely Kurama hates Kushina and Mito due to being his willing containers, and so actively tries to break free constantly whenever he can. While he just pitied Naruto, so just left him alone if he wasn't asking for Chakra.

Kurama's thoughts on his host:

Mito: "You old Hag! Why did you seal me away for decades inside you when I was just being controlled by Madara!? You could have just let me go! Now! You served as an example on how the rest of those ninja villages can use my siblings as a weapons!!! I WILL GET FREE AND DESTORY ALL YOU CARE ABOUT AS REVENGE!!!"

Kushina: "You loved-struck woman! How dare you agree to seal me away inside you instead of just letting me go! When I get out of hear I will enjoy devouring that blond fool you're in love with."

Naruto: "Whelp the moron is an orphan because of me, and is a pariah for being my container. At least this time he didn't volunteer to be my container unlike the other two. I'll just sleep when I'm not watching him suffer."

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 15 July 2023 - 06:16 PM.

#8 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 July 2023 - 08:19 PM

oh my gosh it's soooooo gooooood! Like reading Naruto in the old days! (didn't finish it tho, I ran out of time and have to come back to it.)

only wish we had this for Naruto and Sakura!

#9 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:17 PM

Did... Yahagi come back?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#10 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:28 PM

Did... Yahagi come back?

I don't think they specified who the editor was, but for sure I can promise that writing was like old school Kishi from Part 1 to early Part 2 up to Pain Arc, and the Kushina flashback.  

It didn't really feel like how Kishi was writing during the 5 Kage Summit, and 4th Great Ninja War Arc where you could tell he was just worn out and didn't really care about the series.  

I think i mentioned it before, but if Kishi delivers quality like this then I would be totally open to him doing a limited Minato Gaiden series (3-5 Volume arc). 

This  to me just proves that Kishi still has it in him as a writer! 

oh my gosh it's soooooo gooooood! Like reading Naruto in the old days! (didn't finish it tho, I ran out of time and have to come back to it.)

only wish we had this for Naruto and Sakura!

I know right, the whole time while reading i was feeling that adrenaline rush that I use  to have with Naruto from a long time ago. 

ditto, if we got this for NaruSaku it would be great.

It does make me wonder if he holds MinaKushi in like a really high pedestal since.... if I remember correctly Kishi went to his wife for advice on how he he should tackle the flashback for Kushina during Volume 53.  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 15 July 2023 - 11:29 PM.

#11 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:29 PM

Even then... I still don't trust Kishi. If I read Boruto... something stupid will happen.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#12 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 15 July 2023 - 11:57 PM

Even then... I still don't trust Kishi. If I read Boruto... something stupid will happen.

It is hard to come back after how the 2nd half of the time skip panned out for the story. 

There's also the whole case of Sarada Gaiden which.. if I remember correctly... that just barely coming off from the ending of Naruto so I'm sure there were still restrictions placed on how he could tell that story. 

The thing about Boruto was that  he didn't really write the story from the beginning.... it was more of like he supposedly stepped up after some point in the manga. 

I don't really know anymore when it comes to Boruto since he wasn't the one who wrote the story from the beginning. 

Samurai 8 which was entirely written by Kishi < -  difference with that one was he strictly wrote it and the art was done by Akria Okubo. (A massive improvement over Boruto definitely) 

Here he's doing both the story and the art with zero restrictions from editors < - as far as I'm aware! 

#13 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 16 July 2023 - 12:36 AM

you could easily put Naruto and Sakura in their place with the exact same stuff going on. Barring whos the Jinchuruki and stuff. Especially that part at the end. Could see Naruto doing the exact same thing, saying the exact words.

Kishi gained some of my respect back with this one.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#14 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 16 July 2023 - 12:57 AM

you could easily put Naruto and Sakura in their place with the exact same stuff going on. Barring whos the Jinchuruki and stuff. Especially that part at the end. Could see Naruto doing the exact same thing, saying the exact words.

Kishi gained some of my respect back with this one.

I would definitely agree with that since it's been nearly close to a decade now, and with time does come with reflection even for writers. 

this was a beautiful piece, but I feel the real testament for Kishi in my opinion would be a full on Minato chronicles manga series. 

#15 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 16 July 2023 - 03:02 PM

Official translations are out: https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1018609

#16 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 16 July 2023 - 03:58 PM

Official translations are out: https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1018609

There are too many reuses pages in that link

#17 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 04:22 PM

Like Lucky said its on mangaplus. So if you want to add to its viewing stat.

Summary Time: One-Shot

The chapter begins with Minato and Team Jiraiya facing down the two Iwa Jinchuriki the Fourth Tail and the Fifth Tail. They are preparing their Biju Bomb attacks while Roshi of the Fourth Tail taunts, 'that if they want to fight them they should have brought their Jinchuriki of the Nine Tails.' Jiraiya is forced to orders a retreat. They use the flying thunder god jutsu to escape. We get to see Minato's two teammates, which we haven't seen since Hiruzen's death. A dark skinned guy named Denki and someone that looks like an Uchiha; could be why he had Obito on his team. Minato is stunned at the power of the Biju and thinks of the fact Kushina has one inside her as well.

We see Kurama try to tempt Kushina to release him in exchange for her freedom in her sleep. She wakes up and we see how she lives with two anbu constantly monitoring and guarding her. She confirms that her schedule today is seal training with Minato, when she notices a butterfly trap in the window trying to escape. She frees it and while watching it flutter away, she is lectured about not leaving "the barrier." She wonders, if she can ever be alone with Minato. Meaning she never has alone time with him and those two anbu are again, always watching her. She is eager to teach more Uzumaki sealing jutsu to him and gets upset (probably because training him is one of the few reason she even allowed to spend time with him) when he says he wants to work on another jutsu. Oh when she gets upset her hairs starts floating.

Minato's teammates call over to him that they need to report to the Third, and there is also a team called Team 6 that is composed of three girls gushing over Minato. Showing that Minato is popular with the ladies and could easily find another girl that isn't confined to a small area. So Minato leaves. Kushina tries to follow but is stopped by the Anbu as she was about to leave the barrier. That is in the form of the Uzumaki Symbol. Oh there is also a young Asuma and Kurenia nearby. So this probably only a few years before Naruto's birth.

So far I guess one changes Minato did once he became Hokage was he removed all these restrictions so Kushina could do what she wanted. This was originally just for Kushina's benefit but affected Naruto as well. Which I guess one should question? Was it better for Naruto to be left alone with his freedom or be trapped with the two faceless jackasses?

Kushina remembers, which is a callback to the conversation she had with Naruto, the teachings Mito taught her. That the Jinchuriki should be filled with love to counter Kurama's hate. Having enough, she binds up her two wardens in her chakra chains. So can spend some time with Minato. When she leaves the seal Kurama starts breaking through. So the area seal was made to help suppress him. Which means either Naruto's seal was much stronger or he wasn't trying as hard to breech it. She tries to suppress him while she goes to Minato.

Minato is training with Jiraiya to create the rasengan. He is having problems kneading the chakra. So as a call back to him training Naruto. Jiraiya looks at the swirl of Minato's hair. Apparently, it mostly considered a folk tale but Jiraiya says it helps him. Problem is, for a joke, Minato has two hair swirls in opposite direction. Also another call back with the ice cream bars. Jiraiya makes a comment that both bars are the same which inspires Minato two make it using both directions. Apparently, another folk tale is the having two swirls is a sign of a genius.

Minato has perfected the basic Rasengan...or what he originally calls it: "Ice Pop-Inspired Nimbus Jiraiya Twin Whorl Sphere." ...So, it wasn't a joke that he has horrible naming sense. 

While Minato is either packing away or setting up his lunch he notices Kushina staring at him from the trees. The Hinata inspired moment. Minato ask if she allowed out. He seems more confused than happy which means he is very used to the idea she is stuck in the area seal's domain. Kushina lies that she has special permission. Then, she apologizes for yelling at him before. He is stunned, thinks it over, then says that he should be the one to apologize as he is the one who broke his promise. Kushina asks about the Jutsu, and Minato explains he has been developing it for her. Since, a war is going on and he doesn't know when or if she will be sent to the from lines to fight other Jinchuriki. The jutsu was made to help combat them while working with her Biju power, and he made that because he doesn't want to lose her. Which stuns her. Which in a moment of weakness allows Kurama to push through.

He demands her to release his seal or he will kill her. But he is stopped by Minato augmenting the tetragram seal with his own adjustments. Which causes Kurama to praise him as a ninja on the Level of the First Hokage. Kurama asks why Minato cares for her so much. Minato says he likes people stronger than him and he loves Kushina.

This causes Kushina to have another Mito flashback. Mito laments that their clan has been scattered and are being used as fodder due to their abilities. She shows the area seal that suppresses Kurama, but she really wants to show what is above the seal a spiral staircase and the roof of the building holding the seal. So there is a speech about the Uzumaki spiral becoming a helix that reaches the heavens or 'Rasen.' This inspires Kushina to uses her chakra chains to try sealing Kurama on her own. He tries pushing through, goes to that stage two, and stabs Minato. So pulling from the Four tailed Sakura scene. Somehow, Minato able to come into the seal and help Kushina. They beat back Kurama and seal him.

And here is the scene that calls back to the SS hospital scene. Minato wakes up with Tsunade, Jiraiya and Kushina watching him. When he wakes up Kushina hugs him which he returns with a smile instead of staring blankly. 

After getting out of the hospital, Kushina asks about the jutsu. Minato tells her the name. She hates it. She asks if she could name it. She brings him to the same place Mito gave that lesson and tell him of the name Rasengan. Minato repeats the name and for some symbolism he is in front of the Hokage monument right where his head will be. While Kushina looks at the first hokage Mito's husband.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 July 2023 - 07:13 PM.

#18 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 04:31 PM

Right. Again, Kishimoto works best in one and done storylines. The longer it is and or if he tries to continue it is where he has problems. So one-shots plays to his strengths. 

You can tell he wanted to make sure none of the pairings can be upset over this story. So, he pulled from all three: Hinata's general stalking behavior, Sakura trying to calm down Naruto when he went four tailed, and the hospital hug scene with Sasuke. I will say their interactions are most NS-like: as they actually interact, Minato is fond of his girl, and Kushina will criticize her man. Which is not the case for either nH or SS.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 19 July 2023 - 06:06 PM.

#19 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

Posted 16 July 2023 - 04:58 PM

There are too many reuses pages in that link

odd, mine doesn't show it!

Right again Kishimoto works best in one and done story lines. The longer it is and or if he tries to continue it is where he has problems. So oneshots play to his strengths. 

You can tell he wanted to make sure none of the pairings can be upset over this story so he pulled from all three: Hinata's general stalking behavior, Sakura trying to calm down Naruto when he went four tailed, and the hospital hug scene with Sasuke. I will say their interactions are most NS-like: as they actually interact, Minato is fond of his girl, and Kushina will criticize her man. Which is not the case for either nH or SS.

I can definitely agree with you on that! 

One and done stories does seem to be something that's like Kishi's strong suits in storytelling. 

That was definitely also evident when he did The Mario One shot way back when! 

Part of me does wonder if this does in a way green light a 10 chapter volume length gaiden spin off... would it be as good?  

Since from what  I noticed, MinaKushi is the one pairing Kishi puts all his heart and soul into the most both here and from kushina's flashback in vol 53. 

#20 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 05:06 PM

I can definitely agree with you on that! 

One and done stories does seem to be something that's like Kishi's strong suits in storytelling. 

That was definitely also evident when he did The Mario One shot way back when! 

Part of me does wonder if this does in a way green light a 10 chapter volume length gaiden spin off... would it be as good?  

Since from what  I noticed, MinaKushi is the one pairing Kishi puts all his heart and soul into the most both here and from kushina's flashback in vol 53. 

He may be able to make this or continue it to a ten chapter gaiden. But its best as a oneshot as it allowed Kishimoto to focus the story into one chapter instead of expanding it into ten or continuing it. He would need an editor that actually helps him for that.

Because MK is him and his wife and they are already together. He didn't have a problem doing this with Naruto and Sakura till he got new editors. Before that their only problem was they weren't together yet. If NS had happened then it be the same as he did MK in this chapter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users