• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, writing fanfiction/original works.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:19 AM

I’ll tell you guys something, I still like Naruto, I don’t love it like I used to, but I like it. Mind you I’m completely COMPLETELY and utterly against the horrible ending that we got. (This is not just about pairings, though a part of it is about pairings. This is also about the sudden change of the characters, development going down the tubes, and just how everything was so rushed and thrown together pretty much.) 

Anything that’s past chapter 698 is not even real to me. It will never be relevant to me. And I can’t and won’t be happy with the ending and never will be. It’s just not possible. 

Anyway, does anyone else that feels this way? Or is just me? 

tumblr_n0qvafxnzd1s1a2b1o1_500.gif

~Their love was true, their love was pure, their love was beautiful.~

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:21 AM

I’ll tell you guys something, I still like Naruto, I don’t love it like I used to, but I like it. Mind you I’m completely COMPLETELY and utterly against the horrible ending that we got. (This is not just about pairings, though a part of it is about pairings. This is also about the sudden change of the characters, development going down the tubes, and just how everything was so rushed and thrown together pretty much.) 

Anything that’s past chapter 698 is not even real to me. It will never be relevant to me. And I can’t and won’t be happy with the ending and never will be. It’s just not possible. 

I still find after the Pein arc filler. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:05 AM

I can't say I still like the naruto series, I stopped following that much back in war arc.

Tho, a part of me will always look back at early stage Naruto fondly because of my childhood

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#4 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

my theory is the manga ended in 698 as an open ending, then SP/SJ took over and from 699 on it was a whole new series, and a ooc fanfiction

Edited by starlitestarbrite, 14 August 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#5 BakeNeko-Chan

BakeNeko-Chan

Commander

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:Reading and writing. Anime/Manga.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

The whole series is kind of dead to me. My emotional investment was pretty much nonexistent even before the ending and I was really only keeping with it to see how it would end. I suppose I'm still a fan of NaruSaku as fanon, but that's about the extent of my attachment to the series. I just don't care anymore about any of it -- Kishimoto just screwed up way too much. I've moved way past it by now and I don't plan to look back.

Edited by BakeNeko-Chan, 14 August 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#6 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

You know...I've been doing some research and I think the probable reason Naruto ended the way it did, is because it needed to end the way it did in order to turn a profit. The manga industry is dying, both in Japan and the West, SJ knows this, as they are struggling to fight back against the rising tide of digital market. The calculated risk, sacrifice the story in order to sell a lot of physical merchandise. As for the movies, well...I am willing to bet they took a bad gamble on it, but again it was to sell merchandise...

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#7 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:26 PM

I was still very much into Naruto right up until the ending. I was really excited that I was going to witness the end of the first manga I ever read. I couldn't wait to see how Kishi would tie everything together. Then the ending happened and...yeah...

Now it's just not the same anymore. I watched The Last, only because I wanted to see for myself just how bad it was and because it was the last piece of Naruto media focusing on the current generation. I haven't bothered with Gaiden and I have absolutely no interest in Boruto The Movie. I haven't even watched the anime in months. I keep reminding myself that I should probably catch up with it, but the interest is just not there anymore. 

So yeah, the Naruto series is pretty much dead to me. The only good thing left now is fanon, so perhaps I should start reading fanfiction again.  

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#8 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

my theory is the manga ended ib 698 as an open ending, then SP/SJ took over and from 699 on it was a whole new series, and a ooc fanfiction

This is how I feel about it too. Not sure if I would actually go back and re-read the manga, but I would maybe like play the video games for the nostalgia. 

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#9 NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

NarutoxSakuraFan4Life

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

You know...I've been doing some research and I think the probable reason Naruto ended the way it did, is because it needed to end the way it did in order to turn a profit. The manga industry is dying, both in Japan and the West, SJ knows this, as they are struggling to fight back against the rising tide of digital market. The calculated risk, sacrifice the story in order to sell a lot of physical merchandise. As for the movies, well...I am willing to bet they took a bad gamble on it, but again it was to sell merchandise...

That makes sense... But, I am wondering how much of a profit they are actually making now since they ended it the way they did. A lot of people shippers and non-shippers responded to the ending negatively. So.. I don't know maybe the really hardcore nh/ss shippers and fans that didn't care about logic in the end are blowing money on stuff. Maybe. 

~NaruSaku forever  <3 ~ 

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:17 PM

That makes sense... But, I am wondering how much of a profit they are actually making now since they ended it the way they did. A lot of people shippers and non-shippers responded to the ending negatively. So.. I don't know maybe the really hardcore nh/ss shippers and fans that didn't care about logic in the end are blowing money on stuff. Maybe. 

It's not dying and it still make profit.

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

Well it's good that you are still Positive about Naruto. :smile: If only I could feel the same way  

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#12 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:34 AM

I think deep down, I still love Naruto before 698. But it's painful. So I push it away. I still have dreams about the series and it's horrible ending. That really messes with my temper and feelings.  :ermm: Because then I have to re-live the pain I felt when the ending was revealed to us.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#13 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:21 AM

I was still very much into Naruto right up until the ending. I was really excited that I was going to witness the end of the first manga I ever read. I couldn't wait to see how Kishi would tie everything together. Then the ending happened and...yeah...

Now it's just not the same anymore. I watched The Last, only because I wanted to see for myself just how bad it was and because it was the last piece of Naruto media focusing on the current generation. I haven't bothered with Gaiden and I have absolutely no interest in Boruto The Movie. I haven't even watched the anime in months. I keep reminding myself that I should probably catch up with it, but the interest is just not there anymore. 

So yeah, the Naruto series is pretty much dead to me. The only good thing left now is fanon, so perhaps I should start reading fanfiction again.  

I would say go for it there is one fanfic I'm reading and it's from one of our very own members here NFK who is writing a Naruto-Kingdom Hearts cross over fanfic and so far he's doing a wonderful job with it: 

Link:  https://www.fanficti...d-of-the-Kyuubi

Another story I'm recommending is a fanfic I'm currently writing with my cousin, Ria it's basically our version of The Last, we're still writing it at the moment, and don't worry it's a completely story all together from the movie:

Link: https://www.fanficti...vie-Our-Version

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#14 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:25 AM

I would say go for it there is one fanfic I'm reading and it's from one of our very own members here NFK who is writing a Naruto-Kingdom Hearts cross over fanfic and so far he's doing a wonderful job with it: 

Ah, you're too kind. Thanks. I'm almost finished. 

509356167_759751.gif?4

#15 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,421 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:35 AM

Ah, you're too kind. Thanks. I'm almost finished. 

Anytime, I haven't full caught up yet, but if you're getting close to the end then I guess I better catch up lol. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#16 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

I will also look part on part 1 fondly because it was entertaining and because of where I was in my life when I started. But I don't know if I like the series as a whole or would ever consider a re-read.

#17 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:05 PM

I still like the old and real Naruto along with the old and real characters and old and real story. However to me it's sort of dead.

Ever since those two chapters came out I stopped watching the anime entirely and have no plan to even go back to it. I watched one episode after that which is the CPR episode and I'm done with it. Before I used to go on deviantart and search for cool pictures related to Naruto, I've stopped that as well. Pretty much anything related to Naruto, I've stopped.

Now I know I'm basically self promoting myself but if you're curios you can check my rant in which I talked about The Last, the ending and what everything past 698 really is. Link : http://www.narusaku....showtopic=15239

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#18 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

strange the notification on this site said sakurafan1 quoted a post i nade, but nothings here lol

#19 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:34 PM

Another story I'm recommending is a fanfic I'm currently writing with my cousin, Ria it's basically our version of The Last, we're still writing it at the moment, and don't worry it's a completely story all together from the movie:

Link: https://www.fanficti...vie-Our-Version

Cool, thanks. Seems like a good place to start. 

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#20 sakuraxuzumaki

sakuraxuzumaki

Strength of a Hundred Seal

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku, Sailor Moon, SnK, Bleach, Wolfs Rain, GoT, LOTR, NANA, shopping, tea, talking, and making friends

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

I can kind of relate, I still watch some old episodes here and there & read the chapters I know won't upset me.
But honestly, I'm not going to lie, NaruSaku always have a place in my heart, because I just really really love them. The suffering they went through together & all, I really love them but I hate their creator now, all I do now is basically pick & choose now, because even the manga as a shonen, it's been ruined. Even I a hardcore NS fan, would've been happier if they were all doing their own thing, working hard, protecting & saving the village & single in the end, but nope. It ended by basically destroying all the 15 years of careful writing, and adding things that don't make sense in the naruto universe... (MacBooks, Cell Phones, Developing Byakugan)

🌸🍜 "I leave my son in your care"- Minato 🍜🌸

ma8n4l.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users