#1 Rakshas

Rakshas

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Lurking

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:24 PM

I posted this as a reply in another thread, but I'm curious as to what others thoughts are on this.  Anyway, the question...was Kishimito forced into this ending.

I think the whole reason we saw no interaction between Naruto and Sakura was because Kishimoto literally couldn't pull it off and make it seem believable.  Any in character scene between the two would have made the other two pairings look far worse than they are now, which is saying something. The whole thing is suspect to me.  We don't even have a word spoken between Hinata and Naruto.  Sakura has the Uzumaki female hairsyle, her kid looks like Karin, and she is relegated to being a housewife.  Sakura's character was dismantled and recreated into some sort of abomination this chapter, but it almost looks like Kishimoto is saying something with the Kushina parralels, like NS was meant to be, but he wasn't allowed to pursue that path.  I find it really sad that he is putting all of Naruto's romantic development in the movie when he had so much development for NaruSaku.   It's almost as if he couldn't stand writing any meaningful NH in his own manga and thus dumped it on SP.   I truly think he washed his hands of the matter, and I find it hard to believe he is happy right now with that ending he just delivered.

Maybe I'm wrong, but for me this points to Kishi not really having a choice in the matter.  The editor's or SP or whomever, guided his hand for these final chapters. If he really wanted Naruto and Hinata as the final pairing, wouldn't he have shown it more love in the manga?  Wouldn't he have given them at least ONE word with each other in the final chapter and epilogue of his life's work?  I'll refrain from too heavy criticism of the man until I get an interview regarding or including this conclusion.  I think he, at the very least, owes our portion of the fan-base an explanation.

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

#2 AzureKnight

AzureKnight

Rookie

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:34 PM

"it almost looks like Kishimoto is saying something with the Kushina parralels"

There a tvtrope called as "Red Herring" or "Red Fish". I think it was Sakura's job to make the audiance believe that she will end up with Naruto, while in reality, he never intended.

"If he really wanted Naruto and Hinata as the final pairing, wouldn't he have shown it more love in the manga?"

Because there were so much for NaruSaku thaaaaaat... wait, no, there wasn't, both of them were just as bad written than the other.

#3 Win-chan

Win-chan

Eternal NaruSaku Warrior

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Interests:Music, Piano, Violin, Composing, Writing, Reading, Enneagram, Psychology, Ancient History

Favorite anime/manga: Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note

Favorite TV shows: Supernatural and Sherlock

Favorite ships: NARUSAKU!, MinaKushi, ShikaTema, IchiRuki, MustangxHawkeye, SayaxHaji

Favorite Naruto characters (in no particular order): Naruto, Kakashi, Yamato, Shikamaru, Sakura, Minato, Deidara, Gaara

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

Interesting thoughts. I kinda agree with you there. I mean, it just makes absolutely NO sense. None, whatsoever. And, sure, Kishimoto wasn't fantastic, but he was better than this (so I thought). I've gotten the feeling for a while that he's just been wanting to end it, and at this point he doesn't seem like he really cares about how he ends it. I just can't believe how NaruHina happened, because it DIDN'T. It happened pretty much off panel, which is just ridiculous. Now that stupid romance movie is going to tell their love story, but dude, if you're gonna make a love story put it in the freaking story. I definitely feel like this was a spur of the moment thing and that he wasn't planning on NaruHina for most the time he was writing this manga. This is just ridiculous. 

SHINACHIKU

tumblr_inline_ngnhtp3KQk1sy20ab.jpg

The strong-willed, intelligent and powerful yet loving, tender, and sensitive heartthrob of Konoha.

#4 Rakshas

Rakshas

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:51 PM

"it almost looks like Kishimoto is saying something with the Kushina parralels"

There a tvtrope called as "Red Herring" or "Red Fish". I think it was Sakura's job to make the audiance believe that she will end up with Naruto, while in reality, he never intended.

"If he really wanted Naruto and Hinata as the final pairing, wouldn't he have shown it more love in the manga?"

Because there were so much for NaruSaku thaaaaaat... wait, no, there wasn't, both of them were just as bad written than the other.

Perhaps.  I guess you could say all the positive development in NaruSaku was negated by all the negative development.  Whereas NaruHina has nearly non-existent development, but always goes forward positively.  I'd prefer there be a bit more meat in the romantic subplot rather than the skin and bones we received.  While there was certainly some rotten flesh in NaruSaku, it was far more interesting imo.

And I'm aware of the red herring trope,  but if you are going to throw red herrings out there at least develop what is meant to be the canon pairing, otherwise it looks like a load of BS (which it was).

Edited by Rakshas, 06 November 2014 - 09:56 PM.

In this world, is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcendental entity or law? Is it like the hand of God hovering above? At least it is true that man has no control; even over his own will.

#5 tonga1

tonga1

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

kishimoto supports abusive relationships, if u are woman is ok if you boyfriend beat u or try to kill u you must forgive him

#6 Jinja14

Jinja14

No Crying Until the End

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku(Duh),Drawing, Video Games, Sakura, Naruto, Kakashi, Lee, Earthbound.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

I posted this as a reply in another thread, but I'm curious as to what others thoughts are on this.  Anyway, the question...was Kishimito forced into this ending.

I think the whole reason we saw no interaction between Naruto and Sakura was because Kishimoto literally couldn't pull it off and make it seem believable.  Any in character scene between the two would have made the other two pairings look far worse than they are now, which is saying something. The whole thing is suspect to me.  We don't even have a word spoken between Hinata and Naruto.  Sakura has the Uzumaki female hairsyle, her kid looks like Karin, and she is relegated to being a housewife.  Sakura's character was dismantled and recreated into some sort of abomination this chapter, but it almost looks like Kishimoto is saying something with the Kushina parralels, like NS was meant to be, but he wasn't allowed to pursue that path.  I find it really sad that he is putting all of Naruto's romantic development in the movie when he had so much development for NaruSaku.   It's almost as if he couldn't stand writing any meaningful NH in his own manga and thus dumped it on SP.   I truly think he washed his hands of the matter, and I find it hard to believe he is happy right now with that ending he just delivered.

Maybe I'm wrong, but for me this points to Kishi not really having a choice in the matter.  The editor's or SP or whomever, guided his hand for these final chapters. If he really wanted Naruto and Hinata as the final pairing, wouldn't he have shown it more love in the manga?  Wouldn't he have given them at least ONE word with each other in the final chapter and epilogue of his life's work?  I'll refrain from too heavy criticism of the man until I get an interview regarding or including this conclusion.  I think he, at the very least, owes our portion of the fan-base an explanation.

I really hope you're right. :unsure:  :sad:

Rest in peace Satoru Iwata

tumblr_n9e34d39XJ1r1shyro1_250.gif   

Take a melody, simple as can be. Give it some words and, sweet harmony.

#7 mone_

mone_

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:59 PM

I agree with you. The ending was forced, unnatural, OOC... It contradicted with everything that Kishi was building up until the last chapters. Sakura, the strongest female ninja, the one that HASHIRAMA SAID WOULD SURPASS TSUNADE was rendered to being a housewife  :twitch: and her 'daughter' looks like a clone of Karin. And lots and lots and lots more of kitten... I really hope Kishi will confess that it was not his ideas in some interview, otherwise he'll burn in hell together with Twilight's author what's her name.

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,905 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

I agree with you. The ending was forced, unnatural, OOC... It contradicted with everything that Kishi was building up until the last chapters. Sakura, the strongest female ninja, the one that HASHIRAMA SAID WOULD SURPASS TSUNADE was rendered to being a housewife  :twitch: and her 'daughter' looks like a clone of Karin. And lots and lots and lots more of kitten... I really hope Kishi will confess that it was not his ideas in some interview, otherwise he'll burn in hell together with Twilight's author what's her name.

Yeah, I gotta admit,t his is pretty bad stuff, Kishimoto-sensei did. I am SO not gonna let this happen in my Naruto story idea. I need to rework, and GOD, it's been so long since I've taken up the pen outside of visiting message boards.

#9 Rakshas

Rakshas

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:02 PM

kishimoto supports abusive relationships, if u are woman is ok if you boyfriend beat u or try to kill u you must forgive him

Man, I don't even want to touch on that lol.  I honestly don't think Kishimoto sees it that way, as the man himself seems blissfully unaware of the implications of what he is writing.  He was surprised that people though the Naruto Sasuke "friendship" looked insane.

#10 Mokiepuppymaster

Mokiepuppymaster

That One Cliche

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Acting, Piano, Drawing, NaruSaku, SasuNaru, NaruGaa, ShikaIno, LeeTen, NejiHina, InoSaku, SakuHina. Anime: Deadman Wonderland, Sailor Moon, Paranoia Agent & One Piece.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:05 PM

It felt rushed, borderline cliche. I thought Kishimoto would have done something a little more interesting with the kids. I thought he would have shown at least a wedding scene. It was a severely unromantic chapter. I think it wasn't even his plan to end Naruto today. I mean he rushed the SasuNaru fight, didn't develop Kaguya, didn't do more about the war aftermath...it was like someone throwing something together at the last minute.

tumblr_nemz5jxVl41rsex83o9_500.gif

#11 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:10 PM

Assistants wrote 700 I heard.. Tho that doesn't explain Sakura's OOC-ness in 699. How she ignored Naruto even if she isn't in love with him he is special to her, her stuttering and submissiveness. Plus, she forgave Sasuke way too easily. Actually she acted like there was nothing to forgive for. I'm glad Sasuke gave her a genuine smile, but his apology made no difference.

ナルサク

#12 Atheck

Atheck

Ally of NaruSaku

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,050 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:14 PM

The similarities do not end with just the hairstyles or accessories. If you closely examine Sakura's mouth, you'll notice a mole resting in the right-hand area of the bottom lip. Karin has one exactly like it on her face. What also sticks most glaringly on her features is the design of her hair. It lengthens down to the shoulders in an unbending straight texture before trailing off in spike-tipped locks. Ordinarily this wouldn't imply anything strange, but in the manner which the back of her hair ends with multiple short-spiked locks is visually similar to the curled spikes in Karin's hair. Even Sakura's bangs which are normally very sleek in their extension before ending off appear less fine and more ragged and uneven like the style Karin has. 

This whole set-up just reeks of artistic editing. It's as if Kishi had originally intended to draw Karin but soon after had a change of heart and made some alterations to have the woman being portrayed look like Sakura instead. The child's striking resemblance to Karin instead of Sakura is even more damning. What was Kishi thinking when he mixed and matched these different visual traits? Was he actually planning to draw Karin in this scene? If true, what could have inspired/forced him to chuck this early concept for what we see now? 

I believe Chatte and Ramenanmitsu are right. All of this seems too suspicious and erratic to be true. Could there be a meaning to all of this? I wish. 

Edited by Atheck, 06 November 2014 - 10:15 PM.

#13 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

Who knows? But perhaps Kishimoto caved into his editor's demands, and just paired everyone with someone and honestly the whole ending of 700 makes everyone seem so OOC. Sakura wouldn't be reduced to a housewife, Naruto wouldn't hit his children and say deal with me not paying attention to you. Something reeks of half assed thinking and cash grabs.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#14 Rakshas

Rakshas

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:07 PM

I'm just a bit down that I liked Sakura's character, but only when it was void of Sasuke.  Right now it feels like Sakura is dead and gone, or was never there to begin with.  Character deconstruction to the maximum :(.  It's weird, because now that she has been relegated to Sasuke's housewife, I'm feeling myself forgetting her relevenance and being altogether.  Makes it somewhat easier to come to terms with NaruHina in a sick sort of way.

#15 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:23 PM

I'm just a bit down that I liked Sakura's character, but only when it was void of Sasuke.  Right now it feels like Sakura is dead and gone, or was never there to begin with.  Character deconstruction to the maximum :(.  It's weird, because now that she has been relegated to Sasuke's housewife, I'm feeling myself forgetting her relevenance and being altogether.  Makes it somewhat easier to come to terms with NaruHina in a sick sort of way.

Weird! I've been feeling the same way (Slightly). It's like when you downplay Sakura's character, you become more fond of NaruHina. It's horrible, but... true.

I can see a lot of NH fans feeling like this. Now I'm wondering: Did Kishi feel like this? If this was what he planned on reducing her to, why even develop her in the first place? Development leads to results. NOT to square one. Which is why the puzzle pieces don't match at all in this ending.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#16 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:28 PM

what hurts me most is that NARUTO gave up. He never gives up that was his most admirable trait. He gave up and achieved nothing at all. I never Evwr give up. He not supposed to give up. And that Sakura-Chan didn't even give NARUTO a chance, she ignored him and disregarded his feelings for her, NARUTO will always love her and that's a given. And I feel sorry for NARUTO because it obviously left him with no choice but to Give up which is never supposed to happen becaue NARUTO never gives up Kishi!!! Remember that? Sakura-Chan loves NARUTO rememeber that Kishi?

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#17 Mokiepuppymaster

Mokiepuppymaster

That One Cliche

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Acting, Piano, Drawing, NaruSaku, SasuNaru, NaruGaa, ShikaIno, LeeTen, NejiHina, InoSaku, SakuHina. Anime: Deadman Wonderland, Sailor Moon, Paranoia Agent & One Piece.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

Haha, who knows, what if Kishi changes his mind again during these movies? 

#18 Exact

Exact

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:My fiance <3, Good food, romance, education, math & science, WWll, BF3, war movies, Tom Hanks, Morgan Freeman, narusaku.

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:39 PM

Naruto will always fight for Sasuke, why not Sakura?  :twitch:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tumblr_n6ghsnynMH1s2je29o1_400.gif 
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

#19 Mokiepuppymaster

Mokiepuppymaster

That One Cliche

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:43 PM

Naruto will always fight for Sasuke, why not Sakura?  :twitch:

I'm pretty sure he wants the d

#20 HokageSoulReaper

HokageSoulReaper

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Rock/Metal, Comics/Manga/Anime, Pro Wrestling, NASCAR, Videogames, Sports

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:48 PM

Part of me does think someway Kishi was forced to do all this, even if he were to deny it, and even if he always intended NH & SS the way he did em' in the manga also feels rushed overall, sure one can argue with the upcoming movie all that will be explained, but even with the movie it feels rushed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users