882 replies to this topic

#61 Branden

Branden

The man who's going to save the world.

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

There's an really great theory over on reddit I think you should all read : http://www.reddit.co...d_all_theories/

As for ErenxMikasa it's odd because we don't know whether it's family or lover feelings. Mikasa also accused Eren of having romantic feelings for Annie. Jean clearly has a crush on Mikasa, but some are calling it comic relief.

In any case this was an amazing chapter and I guarantee you that this will be where next anime season leaves off.

On a final note who here thinks there's going to be another timeskip next chapter? Or perhaps even Levi and Erwin stepping down for a while (to recover from their injuries) and letting Armin and Mikasa take lead of the survey corps. It's a bit crazy but it's not too far fetched. 

Edited by Branden, 07 October 2013 - 05:23 AM.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

"This hat means a lot to me. Promise me you'll give it back someday...

when you've become a great pirate." -Shanks

#62 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Naruto,Shingeki no kyojin, Fairy Tail, LOL, Runescape & Xbox 360.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

Yeah, Mikasa did accuse eren of having romantic feelings but thr mangaka never followed it up. Mikasa is shown to be in love with eren after chapter 50.

Didnt Annie like arwin at some point?

40283620121415711s.jpg

#63 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Yeah, Mikasa did accuse eren of having romantic feelings but thr mangaka never followed it up. Mikasa is shown to be in love with eren after chapter 50.

Didnt Annie like arwin at some point?

Annie spared Armin's life and said she was glad that he thought she was a good person. Mikasa accused Eren of having "other" feelings for Annie, which is implied that she means romantic feelings. This could either mean that she's picking up on something that Eren is keeping a secret or that Mikasa is paranoid about Eren being in a romantic relationship because she herself has romantic feelings for him.

Mikasa loves Eren, but she herself might not be certain what kind of love that is. It's kind of like Sakura's feelings for Naruto, but with Eren being "family" as the problem instead of Sasuke. Regardless, it all depends on Eren's feelings at this point. 

The real problem we have so far is that almost all of the romance in this series is never directly stated but rather subtly implied in a way that drives everyone insane trying to figure it out. I can think of no word for this but genius.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#64 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

ErenXMikasa is so obvious there's no need for a discussion or debate.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#65 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

ErenXMikasa is so obvious there's no need for a discussion or debate.

Unless the anime-team or the manga-artist pulls a J.K. Rowling, introduces a worthless side-character, hocks off one-half of the main love-interest to the secondary-boy and the main boy to the worthless side-character.

#66 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Unless the anime-team or the manga-artist pulls a J.K. Rowling, introduces a worthless side-character, hocks off one-half of the main love-interest to the secondary-boy and the main boy to the worthless side-character.

I think the anime-team made it clear already that they ship ErexMika.

ナルサク

#67 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

Should I bother to give my two cents only watching the first two episodes since I got spoiled for latest chapter though mainly on that shipping moment?

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 07 October 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#68 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Its clear ErenxMika is the victor. I think Mikasa was being paranoid and jealous when she asked eren about annie.

Chance of this happening?

Edited by HauntedCake, 07 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#69 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Wow, you guys are all very sure of yourselves on this one. Maybe I should reconsider things, but I still think that we need at least something from Eren to show he has definite romantic interest in Mikasa before we call it an obvious endgame pairing.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#70 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

Well right now all the signs point to ErenXMikasa. The only way it wouldn't happen is like Kamina said, weird writing, Can you imagine Eren falling for another girl other than Mikasa, ones that were already introduced? What other possible pairings are there. Unless its really well-written then I don't mind but as of right now, its clearly ErenXMikasa.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#71 Branden

Branden

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Well right now all the signs point to ErenXMikasa. The only way it wouldn't happen is like Kamina said, weird writing, Can you imagine Eren falling for another girl other than Mikasa, ones that were already introduced? What other possible pairings are there. Unless its really well-written then I don't mind but as of right now, its clearly ErenXMikasa.

Wow... That was so simple yet so convincing. Very well then, I retract my previous statements. ErenXMikasa is most likely endgame.

Romance_Dawn_Arc.png

#72 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

So I don't know if any of you know this, but Word of God plans to end the manga by volume 20. We're halfway there guys!

As for the whole Eremika thing, a lot of shipper seem to be jumping the gun on whether it's canon or not. As much as I absolutely adore this ship, I wouldn't say it's canon just yet. While we've finally had some of Eren's input on his feelings for Mikasa, we have yet to see that he views her in a romantic light. Then again, if you ask me, just because we haven't seen this yet, it doesn't necessarily mean that his feelings for her are purely platonic. 

Think about it. These kids are living in a world where humanity is being threatened by giant naked people wanting to eat them. There's simply no time for full blown romance, especially for someone like Eren, considering his top priority is saving humanity from the Titans. Personally I believe that once that problem is dealt with, he would show his true feelings for Mikasa. And who knows, maybe they could be romantic in nature (I'd like to think so~). Given the overall ambiguity of their relationship, this could be open up to interpretation. But one thing is for certain: Eren wants to always stay by Mikasa's side. And after what she told him, he finally understands her.

I'd write an entire tl;dr essay on what I think about this ship and stuff but I'm too lazy haha.

What other possible pairings are there. 

LOL omg, the Rivaere shippers were ripping us apart on tumblr after chapter 50 happened. They actually want them to be canon. :lmao:

Also is no one going to mention the YumiKuri in this chapter I mean they just

Edited by Undine, 08 October 2013 - 12:44 PM.

JA2DBzd.png

#73 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Hahaha that levixeren ship :smug: Mikasa would tear him a new one if she found out

You mean ymirxchrista?

Edited by HauntedCake, 08 October 2013 - 12:44 PM.

40283620121415711s.jpg

#74 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Yep, all because of that part in the final episode where he cuts Eren out of the Titan, the fangirls actually believe they will be canon. Or want them to be canon. :lmao:

Yeah I have a lot of feels for Ymir/Christa too, seriously I just cannot deal with these two pages.

Honestly I think this is even more closer to canon, the official website even confirms that Ymir is totally in lesbians with Christa. 

Edited by Undine, 08 October 2013 - 12:53 PM.

JA2DBzd.png

#75 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

But that was filler ^ :argh: Levi was wounded. I think who really did it was either Mikasa or Armin, don't remember. And Levi is like in his 30's or something, Eren is 15.. He was 10 5 years ago and this is all on the wiki too, which is much more accurate than our dear Narutopedia. :P

Anyway I adore Armin and Eren's relationship much more than Eren and Mikasa's. While Mikasa talks to Eren, he takes a look around, he looks at everything but her. Then he sees Armin, who despite his physical weakness and this hopeless situation as a whole, pulls out a sword to save wounded Jean. That's when he gathers his spirit and starts to say those cool things. : ) That's what it's always been like, it happened when Eren was going to first move the builder too. I think Armin represents Eren's hopes and dreams and they understand eachother. I mean did you see that eyecontact in the recent chapter?? : D

--Ymir and Christa are lesbians, what page? Seriously? I never thought that would happen in a manga.

Edited by sushi., 08 October 2013 - 01:02 PM.

ナルサク

#76 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

Exactly my point. :mellow: I think it might have been Armin. Not sure if he cut him out of the titan, but I'm certain that he was the one who pulled Eren out, which is what pissed me off about the final episode. I can't believe the director of the anime changed that. 

Apparently Levi is surprisingly old, according to Isayama anyway. 

There's no confirmation that Ymir and Christa are indeed in a relationship, but it's made obvious that Ymir is clearly in love with her. Not sure about Christa, but just like Eren (to Mikasa), she's willing to always side with Ymir despite her actions. 

#ShiganshinaTrio4Lyfe

JA2DBzd.png

#77 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

YmirXChrista is also another pairing that seems obvious. They seem inseparable now. Yeah Eren is yet to show some feelings because like you said Shanai, a lot of other things are on his mind right now there's no time to even make out. 

How about Jean? Any proper pairings for him? That guy deserves one.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#78 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

YmirXChrista is also another pairing that seems obvious. They seem inseparable now. Yeah Eren is yet to show some feelings because like you said Shanai, a lot of other things are on his mind right now there's no time to even make out. 

How about Jean? Any proper pairings for him? That guy deserves one.

I think Jean is alone. And that all the pairings were obvious when they joined the scouting legion. Everybody stood in pairs(Ymir and Christa, Bertholdt and Reiner, Connie and Sasha etc), except Jean. Poor guy. :( He started out as an ass, but he has really grown on me.

ナルサク

#79 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think Jean is alone. And that all the pairings were obvious when they joined the scouting legion. Everybody stood in pairs(Ymir and Christa, Bertholdt and Reiner, Connie and Sasha etc), except Jean. Poor guy. :( He started out as an ass, but he has really grown on me.

I like him. Well I hate him at first but he had a lot of major character development which made him likeable. Now that is good writing. That poor guy needs a girl.  :sad:

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#80 HauntedCake

HauntedCake

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

The anime is controlled/overlooked by isayama.

I've heard he changed Annie's scene to blushing/laughing just b4 she turned into female titan form after eren,misaka and armin called her out on it.

Also Misaka's "protect your boyfriend" statement, was that approved by isayama?

40283620121415711s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users