28 replies to this topic

#21 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

Judging by the tech seen in Boruto, if they are from his suggestion then, cyborgs...So probably a cyber punk city with cyborg wielding laser swords as the characters with some energy that is similar but no quite chakra.

Edit: Well I was right; also include Japanese cultural references, and clothing apparently.

So Battle Angel Alita-esque; probably not as post apocalyptic. I guess it depends on what his plot is, then, and if he decides to get weird with it. The Japanese variant has tended to get a little loony as far back as Tetsuo: The Iron Man, which is about as David Lynchian as anything I've ever seen out of Japan. I love the hell out of cyberpunk, so it might get my attention if true, but even then, I wonder if he has the chops to actually pen anything interesting in the setting, much less go anywhere with it.

I guess it would show if he could do anything beyond a straight action shönen, at any rate.

bd5.jpg

#22 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:37 AM

If I give Kishi's Samurai 8 a chance, I'm going to wait until it's over...and I'm also going to ask who the endgame pairings (if any) are.

Even if he pulls the same kitten as before, at least I'll be ready.

#23 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 05:22 AM

if it must be read, read it for free, then never purchase any merchandise or manga volume for it. simple as that :smile:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#24 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Oh, turns out Ikemoto also had some announcement at jump festa. Not sure about the writer; then again Ikemoto is suppose to be the "successor" despite the fact that Kodachi is the one that is in theory writing the story, and making sure the anime stays in line with what they are writing.

So, apparently he boasting about the great battles that Bolt and Nail are going to get into next year. Also how mysterious Nail is. As well as some death, I think, not sure about that one.

What mystery is their left to Nail? He was some kid from an abusive household that was bought by kara for experiments, he survived getting the karma seal, got trained by them, eventually escaped due to the airship crash, will eventually he will betray Boruto, and become the series Sasuke.

As for battles; if their one thing that drags this story out more then attempts at character building; its the battles.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 December 2018 - 03:41 AM.

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

Oh turns out Ikemoto also had some announcement at jump festa. not sure about the writer; then again Ikemoto is suppose to be the "successor" despite the fact that Kodachi is the one that is in theory writing the story, and making sure the anime stays in line with what they are writing.

So apparently he boasting about the great battles that Bolt and Nail are going to get into next year. Also how mysterious Nail is. As well as some death I think not sure about that one.

What mystery is their left to Nail? He was some kid from an abusive household that was bought by kara for experiments, he survived getting the karma seal, got trained by them, eventually escaped due to the airship crash, will eventually he will betray Boruto, and become the series Sasuke.

As for battles; if their one thing that drags this story out more then attempts at character building; it the battles.

I even hear Toriyama and several DBZ characters saying "Get on with it already."

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

As for battles; if their one thing that drags this story out more then attempts at character building; it the battles.

I can imagine. It even got to be too much sometimes in Naruto and that one came out weekly. On a monthly schedule, one typical shönen fight must feel like hell.

I hope it turns out that Boruto isn't Nails rival and it turns out to be some guy named Hammer.

bd5.jpg

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:27 PM

Dont know what you guys are complaining about. This Vase Repair Arc is great so far. All its missing is a narrator to leave a message saying, Its a ninja series.

#28 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:53 PM

Ooooh, I do enjoy some high octane repair action.

... I joke, but some arcs of Ah My Goddess had their fair share of "we have to repair this vehicle for the competition", so I wonder how much shade I can really throw, given how much of that manga I read.

Edited by dl316bh, 26 December 2018 - 08:53 PM.

bd5.jpg

#29 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 09:17 PM

Dont know what you guys are complaining about. This Vase Repair Arc is great so far. All its missing is a narrator to leave a message saying, Its a ninja series.

"we have to repair this vehicle for the competition"

Edited by James S Cassidy, 26 December 2018 - 09:18 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users