Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31567 replies to this topic

#28361 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:38 AM

It is ashamed but that's was not only Masashi but Yahagi's fault as well. Here's something I want to explain.  We, the audience, knew that Minato/4th Hokage was Naruto's father and the one who sealed Kurama inside him. But the issue was that to get to that reveal, heavy teasing was applied way back in Part 1. Same thing that happened with Kushina. Heavily teased too but she finally appeared to her son. Ok, then, what about the Uzumaki clan as a whole? All we got about them was the longevity, sealing techniques, very close to the Senju Clan and that those damn masks! Besides Naruto, we had Nagato with the Rinnegan abilities (and some BS like a chakra cannon), Karin and Kushina with the chakra chains, Mito who was originally Kurama's jailer, and you might as well add Tsunade because she is a relative, confirmed that Hashirama and Mito were her grandparents. And I did recalled that the Uzumaki clan were very deadly, which resulted a war that led to their "extinction" and possibility that we might have more survivors out there, besides Naruto, Karin and Tsunade.

All we received: Sasuke and, what I said this many times, "All my Uchihas!" What I'm saying is, stop with the heavy teasing, just reveal goddamnit! All for what, shock factor?! Killing off a character is a better usage for that (but then again, we lost Neji!) The Uzumaki clan, that was tied to Naruto, would've brought more stuff for him to the table however Sasuke, once again, instead took the opportunity. All wasted, its no wonder why this franchise had been joked around in memes because Sasuke was dominating the plot for the rest of Part 1 and majority of Part 2.

I stated this many times, Masashi and Yahagi should had proposed and created a spin-off dedicated to Sasuke at the time because that way it would not only make money as Sasuke was one of the most popular characters, but it would brought in balance for the franchise. Give more room of growth for Naruto and also Sakura, Kakashi and the rest of the side characters, including Hinata, in the main manga while all of the other info regarding the Uchihas would've been in Sasuke's spin-off. I don't understand why he hadn't thought of that since he did mentioned earlier in his interviews he was into the money. Didn't even capitalize the idea... yet, Rock Lee managed to get it!

Yeah, and Naruto SD: Rock Lee and his Nina Pals is more of a comedy with all the nonsense in it not being canon! But if Sasuke had his own spin-off, it could have been done in canon, showing his time with Orochimaru, his thoughts, his growth, so much more. That's why I want my fanfic to make the most o trying to show Sasuke go through a lot in his struggle to gain his own sense of redemption for his actions, and to figure out what he truly is wanting rather than just to be driven by hatred, bitterness and jealousy.

#28362 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:37 AM

Yeah, and Naruto SD: Rock Lee and his Nina Pals is more of a comedy with all the nonsense in it not being canon! But if Sasuke had his own spin-off, it could have been done in canon, showing his time with Orochimaru, his thoughts, his growth, so much more. That's why I want my fanfic to make the most o trying to show Sasuke go through a lot in his struggle to gain his own sense of redemption for his actions, and to figure out what he truly is wanting rather than just to be driven by hatred, bitterness and jealousy.

Funny that rock Lee spin off even made fun of nh alot even had neji think naruto would treat hinata wrong.

#28363 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:35 PM

Funny that rock Lee spin off even made fun of nh alot even had neji think naruto would treat hinata wrong.

I know Naruto SD's creator also had drawn a Boruto-themed short and he seemed to poke fun at stuff as it is now, which tells me he may not be a fan of how things turned out.

#28364 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:14 PM

I know Naruto SD's creator also had drawn a Boruto-themed short and he seemed to poke fun at stuff as it is now, which tells me he may not be a fan of how things turned out.

That's good right?

#28365 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:23 PM

That's good right?

Yeah, it is :)

#28366 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:06 PM

Well said James the Thomas Jane punisher is still the best version and those two videos are right,
Question you think ghost Rider could beat madara with that stare and that he can eat souls like he did Lobo.
And agreed on those question about Naruto and sakura.

Ghost Rider is a god vs Madara who needed to absorb stuff to even come close to god-hood....I think I know who the winner is.

I stated this many times, Masashi and Yahagi should had proposed and created a spin-off dedicated to Sasuke at the time because that way it would not only make money as Sasuke was one of the most popular characters, but it would brought in balance for the franchise. Give more room of growth for Naruto and also Sakura, Kakashi and the rest of the side characters, including Hinata, in the main manga while all of the other info regarding the Uchihas would've been in Sasuke's spin-off. I don't understand why he hadn't thought of that since he did mentioned earlier in his interviews he was into the money. Didn't even capitalize the idea... yet, Rock Lee managed to get it!

I would rather he didn't because look at how bad he is with his main story let alone try making a side-story form it. He would probably add elements that have no impact on the overall plot, create stuff that is never mentioned ever again, and just downright destroy any logic within it.

He was originally going to make a Minato Gaiden, but I bet you he would have changed Kushina'a personality to be like Hinata's.

At this point, it feels more canon than the actual canon considering the characters still retained who they originally were.

All the comedy and it was still more believable than what the actual canon is.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 09 January 2020 - 11:07 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28367 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:51 PM

I would rather he didn't because look at how bad he is with his main story let alone try making a side-story form it. He would probably add elements that have no impact on the overall plot, create stuff that is never mentioned ever again, and just downright destroy any logic within it.

He was originally going to make a Minato Gaiden, but I bet you he would have changed Kushina'a personality to be like Hinata's.

Bolded: It would've happened IF he had one of those incompetent editors, aka "wanting to put their 2 cents". Remember, we found out he went through different editors after the Pain arc. And honestly, he already add BS stuff anyway. And the one that got me off the roof was the Uzumaki masks!

I said it before, that's their fault. It was too much on Sasuke's side that double amount of issues about the Uchiha clan that it was not even funny. There wasn't any balance. It's a reason why many fans "relied" on the anime fillers, but we know what SP was doing too (whom also added their 2 cents in the worse way possible, they're not getting away scot-free.)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28368 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

Ghost Rider is a god vs Madara who needed to absorb stuff to even come close to god-hood....I think I know who the winner is.

At this point, it feels more canon than the actual canon considering the characters still retained who they originally were.
All the comedy and it was still more believable than what the actual canon is.

So ghost Rider then. The dude is like the best thing to deal with edo tensei people.
That would have ruined kushina character and probably never recover from it.
It does though only difference is some voices are different in the English dub like kyle hebert plays kakashi and garra and does a good job with those two and vic plays orochimaru and I think came Clark is kabuto,

#28369 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

Yeah, it is :)

Then I'm happy

#28370 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:15 AM

Bolded: It would've happened IF he had one of those incompetent editors, aka "wanting to put their 2 cents". Remember, we found out he went through different editors after the Pain arc. And honestly, he already add BS stuff anyway. And the one that got me off the roof was the Uzumaki masks!

I said it before, that's their fault. It was too much on Sasuke's side that double amount of issues about the Uchiha clan that it was not even funny. There wasn't any balance. It's a reason why many fans "relied" on the anime fillers, but we know what SP was doing too (whom also added their 2 cents in the worse way possible, they're not getting away scot-free.)

Which is one reason I'm glad for my fanfic that I'm trying to balance things out, even with some new elements my friend Kurt (co-creator of The Demon Within and its canon) and I have done, like ACTUAL demons and other weird stuff.

#28371 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

The SD Rock Lee guy actually did make a SD spinoff centered around Sasuke and Taka called Sasuke Uchiha's Sharingan Legend. I don't know how many chapters it lasted (probably not many) but I recall reading the first one and it being decent in the same comedic vein.

But as a sidenote... I guess I'm here again? I was actually able to spend quite some time wherein I didn't think about the fact that Naruto exists. But no good thing lasts forever!

To be honest, a lot of things about NS fandom trigger the hell out of me now. So I went back and read some of my old posts to try and remember what this place was like, and Good Lord, I was laughing my ass off. Like, I was being so insanely dismissive, patronizing, and downright belittling towards Analyzer, as if Simon Cowell snorted about fifty lines of cocaine and then decided to read the shameful piece of garbage that Kishimoto likes to call "his manga"... And yet I wasn't banned, warned, or even criticized! You guys truly represent the absolute best that the Naruto fanbase has to offer.

I really mean that.

But my bad if you didn't want to be reminded of who that was. Or who I am.

#28372 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:46 PM

The SD Rock Lee guy actually did make a SD spinoff centered around Sasuke and Taka called Sasuke Uchiha's Sharingan Legend. I don't know how many chapters it lasted (probably not many) but I recall reading the first one and it being decent in the same comedic vein.

But as a sidenote... I guess I'm here again? I was actually able to spend quite some time wherein I didn't think about the fact that Naruto exists. But no good thing lasts forever!

To be honest, a lot of things about NS fandom trigger the hell out of me now. So I went back and read some of my old posts to try and remember what this place was like, and Good Lord, I was laughing my ass off. Like, I was being so insanely dismissive, patronizing, and downright belittling towards Analyzer, as if Simon Cowell snorted about fifty lines of cocaine and then decided to read the shameful piece of garbage that Kishimoto likes to call "his manga"... And yet I wasn't banned, warned, or even criticized! You guys truly represent the absolute best that the Naruto fanbase has to offer.

I really mean that.

It's OK, man. It's always good to know we got each other's backs when people want to be asses like Analyzer was. The thing is, we're trying to think of the good times as well. And I know being here has also allowed me to tell stuff about my fanfic, and to allow me to feel inspired to want to share it, to hell what others in the fan base would think.

#28373 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:58 PM

It's OK, man. It's always good to know we got each other's backs when people want to be asses like Analyzer was. The thing is, we're trying to think of the good times as well. And I know being here has also allowed me to tell stuff about my fanfic, and to allow me to feel inspired to want to share it, to hell what others in the fan base would think.

Have you started posting it somewhere?

Also, Is Kishi's new manga any good? I'm ready to face the fact that that exists as well!

#28374 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:03 PM

I really mean that.

I want to take off my "Kage" hat for a moment.

Here, we accept everybody, including those who are SS/NH fans, as long as they are respectful towards others. And look, we were all hurt because the ship didn't became canon (actually we were robbed!). So people like Analyzer who forcing their opinions as facts to everyone without proper proof is a big "HELL NO!" to me.

But yeah, a few here are still bold to read and watch the "spin-off" trash. We're all still here, enjoying the good and complaining and criticizing the bad of the franchise.

Also, Is Kishi's new manga any good? I'm ready to face the fact that that exists as well!

Well, that manga isn't doing pretty well. It's in the line of being chopped. Also, there are rumors of the Japanese fandom were complaining about it and it was forcing "advertisements" down to their throats while being nowhere as popular as other franchises such as My Hero Academia.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#28375 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:06 PM

Have you started posting it somewhere?

Not yet, but I got the first two chapters, and the prologue, all squared away and rarin' to go! I also got the third chapter close to wrapping up, but I have struggled with some writer's block. So technically, I got 3 and a half chapters going for this so far.

EDIT: Made it to 4,800 posts. 200 to go and I'll hit 5,000, baby!

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 10 January 2020 - 07:09 PM.

#28376 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:11 PM

Not yet, but I got the first two chapters, and the prologue, all squared away and rarin' to go! I also got the third chapter. So technically, I got 3 and a half chapters going for this so far.

Writing is kittening hard, isn't it? I can know exactly what I want to do and still take FOREVER to get anywhere.

Also @Derock, about Kishi's new manga not being successful... I'm devastated, truly. My whole day, maybe even my whole week is ruined.

#28377 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:50 AM

Here, we accept everybody, including those who are SS/NH fans, as long as they are respectful towards others. And look, we were all hurt because the ship didn't became canon (actually we were robbed!). So people like Analyzer who forcing their opinions as facts to everyone without proper proof is a big "HELL NO!" to me.

But yeah, a few here are still bold to read and watch the "spin-off" trash. We're all still here, enjoying the good and complaining and criticizing the bad of the franchise.

Well, that manga isn't doing pretty well. It's in the line of being chopped. Also, there are rumors of the Japanese fandom were complaining about it and it was forcing "advertisements" down to their throats while being nowhere as popular as other franchises such as My Hero Academia.

not only forcing her opinions as facts, but also acting like our opinions don't matter, when we present evidence that she couldn't debate against she either ignores it or tries to pull the wool over our eyes and say that either is only our opinion while her's is fact or she knows better than us because she is some world class authority in literature. she was not respectful of opinions and only acts like what she says has any merit and is the sole truth. Naturally we all got sick of it. There was no having a civil discussion and not for lack of trying. She never presented any valid arguments as to why NaruHina was not a red herring or @$$ Pull except what she makes up in her head and and force rationalizes her own context in the story and when when we disprove it she fights back harder and argues circularly again and again. It was a never ending cycle that caused quite a few member to be genuinely upset and angry and not even wanting to post as much here anymore if at all. That is the gist of it. So once again you have our eternal gratitude for getting rid of that :yes:  :thanks:

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 January 2020 - 08:36 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28378 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:00 AM

Writing is kittening hard, isn't it? I can know exactly what I want to do and still take FOREVER to get anywhere.

Yeah, tell me about it.

not only forcing her opinions as facts, but also acting like our opinions don't matter, when we present evidence that she couldn't debate against she either ignores it or tries to pull the wool over our eyes and say that either is only our opinion while her's is fact or she knows better than us because she is some world class authority in literature. she was not respectful of opinions and only acts like what she says has any merit and is the sole truth. Naturally we all got sick of it. There was no having a civil discussion and not for lack of trying. She never presented any valid arguments as to why NaruHina was not a red herring or @$$ Pull except what she makes up in her head and and force rationalizes her own context in the story and when when we disprove it she fights back harder and argues circularly again and again. It was a never ending cycle that caused quite a few member to be genuinely and angry upset and not even wanting to post as much here anymore if at all. That is the gist of it. So once again you have our eternal gratitude for getting rid of that :yes:  :thanks:

And that's the part that pissed me off with Analyzer; how she basically couldn't care about our opinions, and that she just wanted to prove she was better than we were in the long haul or something, and that she had her rose-tinted glasses on to avoid actually really trying to have discussion with us, but just to make us feel small, and try to keep things so that we'd think like she does.

I know she got to me a few times where I was just about ready to ignore her outright so I wouldn't lose my damn mind.

#28379 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:34 PM

Agreed we try to be civil and respect the others opinion but they won't let us have our own views trust me I've argued a lot on da and the NH fans got a pic of mine taken down since it was mocking NH kind of.

#28380 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:21 PM

Agreed we try to be civil and respect the others opinion but they won't let us have our own views trust me I've argued a lot on da and the NH fans got a pic of mine taken down since it was mocking NH kind of.

Which can be a real pain in the ass for sure. =/ Plus they try to claim we're salty, when they show that they're the ones who tend to be salty.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users