Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:animeee :D manga :D tennis :D life :D

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

Been a while since I posted here. xP

Well I wanted to share an awesome anime I came across recently! It's called Mayo Chiki and you can watch it here: http://www.goodanime...iki-episode-1/1

4 Episodes have aired so far, updated weekly! It's such a fun/cute/interesting anime. I was browsing through the highest rated anime's recently and it showed this at number 4.

"The story revolves around the life of a 17 year old young man named Subaru Konoe, who is the butler of one of his classmates, Kanade Suzutsuki. The story has a dramatic turn when a boy named Kinjiro Sakamachi discovers Subaru's well-protected secret : that "he" is actually a girl." -wikipedia

Kinjiro is the main character and he has a phobia of girls due to his frequent beatings from his mom and sister, his special problem is whenever a girl touches his nose bleeds.

I'm so excited for episode 5! It's a really good anime and I recommend to those who love a cute, refreshing, romantic, and funny as hell story! There's a decent amount of drama and it's not overdone at all like those annoying animes! It's told really well, sort of like TORADORA! biggrin.gif And seeing that it's a recent anime that started in July 8, 2011 the art is of high quality and I love the music!!! Overall a high quality anime I give a 9/10 so far, and that's only with 4 episodes. It just keeps getting better and better.

Let me know what you think! :]

Edited by Yoshimoya, 04 August 2011 - 07:53 AM.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#2 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

It's a rather good anime I'll admit that the only problem I have with it are the moments that are just how should I phrase it....way too kittening cheesy (and I like cheese most of the time). As for it being like Toradora! I'd say it's not, but if you like Toradora! you'll probably like Mayo Chiki!. If I would say it's like any anime I'd say it's way more like Working!, MM! or Hayate no Gotoku!.

Still I'd give it an 8/10, good watch if you like feel good romance's.

JLHza2T.png

#3 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

Haha yeah it gets a bit cheesy xD. Toradora was better at creating dramatic moments and make them more dramatic than cheesy. But idk I guess the feel good thing about it makes me blind to it! Are you gonna continue watching? Oh and do you know if it comes out today (episode 5) cause idk when episode 4 last came out, I just started the anime today.

Edit: Thanks for the recommendations "MM" and "Hayate no Gotoku" I'm seriously interested and gonna watch them! ^.^

Edited by Yoshimoya, 04 August 2011 - 08:07 AM.

^Adam Couple. KPOP couple <3 google them! They're like an anime couple I swear to God. Watch their show. PM me for link :]

#4 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Aug 4 2011, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha yeah it gets a bit cheesy xD. Toradora was better at creating dramatic moments and make them more dramatic than cheesy. But idk I guess the feel good thing about it makes me blind to it! Are you gonna continue watching? Oh and do you know if it comes out today (episode 5) cause idk when episode 4 last came out, I just started the anime today.

Edit: Thanks for the recommendations "MM" and "Hayate no Gotoku" I'm seriously interested and gonna watch them! ^.^

I'm guessing the episode comes out today as it has been updated every thursday since it came out. It may be delayed if there's problems but I doubt there will be. No prob with the recommendations just doin my duty.

JLHza2T.png

#5 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:55 PM

its one of my guilty pleasure actually since I'm following the manga. don't know about the anime (I didn't watch it and don't plant to, as far as I'm concerned, the manga should be way better) but the manga is actually not so cheesy, sure there is awkward romance and tsundere archtype thing but its mostly comedy.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#6 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

@Yoshimoya

Thanks you so much for recommending this anime!! I've just finished watching 4th ep. and can't wait to see the next one.

Lol, maybe I'm just saying some crazy things, but don't you think that Jirou's mom and little sis resemble Sakura in some way? sakura.gif

#7 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Kagura @ Aug 4 2011, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Yoshimoya

Thanks you so much for recommending this anime!! I've just finished watching 4th ep. and can't wait to see the next one.

Lol, maybe I'm just saying some crazy things, but don't you think that Jirou's mom and little sis resemble Sakura in some way? sakura.gif

No you're not crazy at all! I agree xD They all are very tough physically, and as for the sister she has pink hair and green eyes just like Sakura, so they're pretty similar save for the personality and their roles in the main protagonist's life. His sister is so darn cute though! And of course, I wanted to share this adorable anime hahaha!

@Blacklightning: oh I'm sure the manga's good too. I plan to read that after watching all the episodes of the anime though cause I'm sure the manga is ahead and I don't wanna spoil anything. And since I started with the anime I might as well finish it up their first. You know the typical "manga is way better than the anime thing" applies often but even though I haven't read the manga, this anime is hella decent.

Edited by Yoshimoya, 04 August 2011 - 04:55 PM.

#8 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

It's definitely a fun series, I'm still amazed that the voice actress for Subaru is the same as the high pitched kinda annoying Nun from ToAru Magitsu no Index.

iAnby7W.gif

#9 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:50 AM

Subaru is unique I think... I guess she's what you can call a feminine tomboy character.

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

#10 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Aug 9 2011, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Subaru is unique I think... I guess she's what you can call a feminine tomboy character.

Totally agree, she might end up my favorite character depending on how the series goes. So cute~

#11 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

BL can you post a link to the manga version, please?

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#12 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Here you go.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#13 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:08 AM

Checked out the manga version of this... I have to say, it's a rare occassion, but it's definitely not as good as the anime. IMO.Mayo chiki Anime has nice quality, good music, and they tell the story better. Light novels made into manga I've noticed aren't as good as the anime at times. Usually when it's a manga originally that's when the anime is not as good. But in most cases with light novels ive found that the anime is better than the manga. But that's just imho. A good example would have to be full metal panic, toradora, and mayo chiki. I'm sure theres other but ive watched so much anime recently i cant really remember off the top of my head.

#14 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Yoshimoya @ Aug 10 2011, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Checked out the manga version of this... I have to say, it's a rare occassion, but it's definitely not as good as the anime. IMO.Mayo chiki Anime has nice quality, good music, and they tell the story better. Light novels made into manga I've noticed aren't as good as the anime at times. Usually when it's a manga originally that's when the anime is not as good. But in most cases with light novels ive found that the anime is better than the manga. But that's just imho. A good example would have to be full metal panic, toradora, and mayo chiki. I'm sure theres other but ive watched so much anime recently i cant really remember off the top of my head.

*shrugs* each to their own, I guess. For me, I find that mangas tend to be more faithful to the light novel rather than the anime. Then again, I've been much disillusioned with animes for years and personally absolutely hates fillers which quite literally what animes are filled with. o well, thats just me

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

Here's the opening theme! I LOVE IT!!!! XD This has NS theme Material cool.gif

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Oh and Subaru's a CUTIE!!!! happy.gif Jiro is SO LUCKY!! Like how Naruto is lucky with Sakura tongue.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 12 August 2011 - 12:22 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#16 Yoshimoya

Yoshimoya

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Aug 11 2011, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's the opening theme! I LOVE IT!!!! XD This has NS theme Material cool.gif

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Oh and Subaru's a CUTIE!!!! happy.gif Jiro is SO LUCKY!! Like how Naruto is lucky with Sakura tongue.gif

Sakura is lucky with Naruto ! xD tongue.gif! and I think Subaru and Jiro are even, but he's a little more of the lucky one cause Subaru is a damn cutie hahahaha .

#17 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

I love how sadistic Kanade is. fu.png She's my favourite character so far.

#18 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

Her sadism IS funny yeah laugh.gif Kanade is the S in S&M pictureem0.gif

BUT MAN! I wish Naruto and Sakura would bathe together like Jiro and Subaru did heheelq7.png

OH episode 6 is out! OOHHH the DRAMA! laugh.gif laugh.gif And I just watched the preview for Episode 7 and I'm DYING to see! wow.png You'll see why pictureem0.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 August 2011 - 07:00 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#19 Kagura

Kagura

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:32 AM

uwaaaahhh... Jirou, you idiot. How dare you hurting my girl Kanade??? rawr.gif OTP is ruined... shamefulcry0js.gif

#20 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

How many episodes is planned for this series?

DK

PgkbwAs.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users