#201 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:17 PM

Heya folks, long time no talk.

Does anyone know when the interview of kishimoto claiming that he had no interest on doing naruhina? I have been looking for it but I have been unable to find it.

it supposedly was in a magazine that came after the last i don't know where to find it though honestly it feels like kishi said a lot of things in interviews i don't know what the truth is

#202 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

It would be interesting if this specific interview gets shared here.

Edited by T XD, 19 June 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#203 Suigetsu

Suigetsu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

It would be interesting if this specific interview gets shared here.

I will try to search for it. It was shown a long time ago, I am trying to dig it out in order to shut some NH wankers.

I also remember a interview with oda where he literally implied that "the last" was an insult to the shounen genre, an indirect call to kishimoto. Something along those lines.

#204 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

I will try to search for it. It was shown a long time ago, I am trying to dig it out in order to shut some NH wankers.

I also remember a interview with oda where he literally implied that "the last" was an insult to the shounen genre, an indirect call to kishimoto. Something along those lines.

Was that the one he did with Kishi?

#205 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:05 AM

Oda never said that.

#206 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

What that sounds fake to me, Oda isn't the type to shade other authors and he even made a tribute to Naruto's ending. You have a link?

ナルサク

#207 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

In truth I think Oda is disappointed in Kishimoto for not being in control of his own work, for not having any backbone. He let editors, studio Pierot, even the fans tell him how to write his story. 

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#208 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:25 PM

In truth I think Oda is disappointed in Kishimoto for not being in control of his own work, for not having any backbone. He let editors, studio Pierot, even the fans tell him how to write his story. 

Yeah I think many in the industry think that way. Maybe not initially but it got worse and worse so I can't imagine much else.

ナルサク

#209 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

while i was looking for it i found another interview where kishi says he was deciding to make hinata the heroine instead halfway in because of popularity reasons  :sick: and nh fans still argue sakura was treated well by kishi and he didn't sell her out

#210 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing and reading fanfiction.

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

and nh fans still argue sakura was treated well by kishi and he didn't sell her out

Lulz. Yeah, okay. Sure. That's why she's so loved, right? Totally not loathed, or wanted dead right from the beginning by many, or have her own "useless" meme, or any of that good stuff. Nah, that was just my imagination.

#211 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

while i was looking for it i found another interview where kishi says he was deciding to make hinata the heroine instead halfway in because of popularity reasons  :sick: and nh fans still argue sakura was treated well by kishi and he didn't sell her out

of course they say that because hinata never became a heroine

ナルサク

#212 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:54 PM

of course they say that because hinata never became a heroine

I think they use that interview to prove that Hinata supposed to be the heroine from the start and not sakura.

It doesn't make any sense when sakura is pretty much the staple heroine and female character in this manga, including Hinata herself. Heck even the new heroine is pretty much the uchiha version of herself.

Personally I will much more agree if sasuke is the heroine :zaru:

#213 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:02 PM

I wouldn't doubt it. Kishimoto is really the closest thing Oda had for a rival for a long time. Kishimoto dominated the international while Oda dominated the homeland. From what I read Oda used Kishimoto's success to push himself to make One Piece Naruto's equal or surpass it with just Homeland (since one piece somewhat flopped internationally for a few years.) Seeing his friend and former rival turn into...what he is now is depressing.

Yeah I think many in the industry think that way. Maybe not initially but it got worse and worse so I can't imagine much else.

I don't doubt this either. Kishimoto is a 15 year veteran mangaka who's manga became one of the most successful internationally selling manga ever.  If they can do what they did to him it sets the precedent that they can do it to anyone. If SJ is able to tell how many chapters he has left and when he must end his manga they can do the same to Kubo. If SP was able to use the anime to force the manga to go with the girl they wanted they can do the same to Tokyo Ghoul.

#214 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

I think they use that interview to prove that Hinata supposed to be the heroine from the start and not sakura.

It doesn't make any sense when sakura is pretty much the staple heroine and female character in this manga, including Hinata herself. Heck even the new heroine is pretty much the uchiha version of herself.

Personally I will much more agree if sasuke is the heroine :zaru:

It varies sometimes she is Karin's daughter (700), sometimes Sakura's (under kishimoto), sometimes she an anti-Sakura (under that pedophile), and other times she just a haughty former friend of the main character because of their parents that thinks he is an idiot that's barely a side character because they want their own anime created girl to be the heroine (under SP).

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 June 2017 - 08:07 PM.

#215 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

@bail
Tbf, onepiece doesn't flop internationally, it just doesn't become big in america unlike naruto thanks to bad dub.

The last one, isn't that still based on sakura? Well not even sp can remove sakura influence.

Edited by rocci, 20 June 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#216 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

Either way, it's still a piece of gold with or without the Oda statement. Oda's statement is a huge plus.

#217 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:52 PM

Either way, it's still a piece of gold with or without the Oda statement. Oda's statement is a huge plus.

I doubt Oda said that since they are friends and rivals, he might have something along the lines.

#218 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:10 PM

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Oda actually said something like that, since that movie really is an insult.

I mean when was the last time you ever saw that a story in whatever format, that changes genre in the last second?

I don't know about you, but I have never seen anything like that happen, ever.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#219 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

I wouldn't doubt that he said it. Kishimoto DESERVES and NEEDS to hear that, and Oda is best person to do that since he has the balls to actually stand up for his story. Saying that isn't mean as much as it is tough love, considering they are friends.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#220 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

I wouldn't doubt that he said it. Kishimoto DESERVES and NEEDS to hear that, and Oda is best person to do that since he has the balls to actually stand up for his story. Saying that isn't mean as much as it is tough love, considering they are friends.

It'd also shows how much a better writer oda is than kishi. Plus Oda plans kitten out. Oda would be the best to say that to him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interview, kishimoto, 2017, shonen jump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users