46 replies to this topic

#41 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

I think I'm coming to terms with the ending a lot sooner then I thought I would, NS is still my OTP, but yeah, just about everyone that we cared about had a happy ending...so *shrug*

Wish NS was canon, but it's not as big as a deal as I first thought it was, I guess the ending still sucks, but overall, it's a good manga, has its ups and downs. I think it should have ended at the pain arc...but there was more to do, so eh....

It's all good I guess.

But if I have to shallow SS he better be good to her! >:|

I want that interview, just to help me move on... >>;;

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#42 Guest_bontaid_*

Guest_bontaid_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

the problem is that there is no evidence that this wasn't the planned ending while Anno did not even try to act like he was satisfied, remember the Evangelion movies were not Anno's first attempt at redoing the ending of Eva (episode '25 and '26 as well as End of Evangelion), we would have to wait for an interview before we can say if the is a slight chance that "he" (i now refuse to say his name) might even consider a redo.

The Problem is: Till we actually get a Statement about the ending from Kishi, the thing will Be forgotten. Despite this fact, the way the two last chapters were handled by Kishi shows pretty much clearly what he personally might think of it.

Since we know that the film was already announced two years ago, we can assume that NH and SS were planned since two Years for sure. But if it was clear that NS won't happen, why did then PRO NS moments happen? On top of that, the moments of sasuke abusing Sakura in every kind of way happened all 10- 15 chapters. (I'm gladly ignoring NH because Shannaro, Hinata was dreaming in her stupid cocoon while becoming a white zetsu, with which I would have been happy actually.)

I see that as an quiet protest because although Kishi did know and had to intend SS or NH, he didn't spend these two years making SS or NH reasonable. No, he even did the opposite: making them happen with no reason. Especially those two ships are pairings who really really really need reason and development because what we've seen in the past years was really really really against them.

For example let's take SS:

Although it is indeed a very unbelievable ship Kishi could have make it a lil bit believable. That wouldn't have been that hard to realise. Sasuke's feelings or thoughts towards Sakura were unknown and with the scene "you happened to stand here" or the "let's her falling down into lava" Kishi could have reasoned SS easily. Maybe by showing that Sakura had a place in his heart or something like that. No, none of them happened but at the end Sakura raised Sasuke and her daughter up, without any real interaction between these two.

That's strange and I bet every reader who's really read the manga noticed that for sure and knows that there is something wrong and not right.

By neglecting their relationships and suddenly making them canon and later reasoning with a 115 mins long film instead with15 years of hard and precious work, Maybe Kishi wants us to know that that isn't what he ever intended to do.

Of course that's maybe to far fetched but actually Kishi is foreshadowing everything he wants to do and neglecting something he "wants to do" isn't Kishimoto at all.

All I wanna say that Kishi is a wonderful writer who had with his own idea a lot of potential, but with SS and NH not being his idea he didn't care to write them properly.

#43 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

Pretty much seconding what Broken Figurine said. It's really frustrating seeing all the shaming posts going around for any criticism towards Naruto's ending. No reader is forced to agree with or like an ending simply because the author 'worked hard' to deliver it. No one should feel shame for disagreeing with plot elements that didn't make sense or receive adequate development. Don't let anyone make you feel like less of a Naruto fan for not simply accepting what the author put in front of you.

That being said, acts of actual violence or threats against the author are not an acceptable outlet.

#44 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

the problem is that there is no evidence that this wasn't the planned ending while Anno did not even try to act like he was satisfied, remember the Evangelion movies were not Anno's first attempt at redoing the ending of Eva (episode '25 and '26 as well as End of Evangelion), we would have to wait for an interview before we can say if the is a slight chance that "he" (i now refuse to say his name) might even consider a redo.

I want a redo, but I'm not expecting it. But from the evidence gathered I can assure you that this is not the planned ending. 

-First of the interviews. Kishimoto already stated various things that contradict his own ending like: only one "pairing" at the end, coming from the main three, he didn't know how to get rid of Madara, he planned on showing Kakashi's face, Naruto had a boy named Shinachiku, Sakura was being honest in her confession, I mean the list can go on and on. Most of these interviews were taken before the concept of The Last was created by the way. 

-The manga/anime. I think it's pretty obvious that everything at the end of the war was a "ride along" type ordeal. Tenten picking up the legendary weapons? Sasuke v. Naruto happening after he found salvation through the dead kages? And saw what happened to Harishima and Madara? Kaguya fight even though she was first mention during the war? And Madara's death in general and how everyone was being played one after another? No this ending didn't even seem like it was created by the same author, but that's my opinon and not really evidence. But overall I think it's safe to make the assumption that Kishimoto was made to drag the story along as much as possible.  

- News of The Last and Hinata's VA? And how they're milking out everything from Nana Mizuki. Apparently Hinata's even getting her own character song, which by the way, no character songs have been released from any Naruto character (unless you count that one mini album from 10 years ago where they sing re-made songs). But overall this movie is seeming more and more like a Hinata apprectiation video every day. When it was first announced there was nothing about Hinata, and now the entire story focuses on her. If that doesn't scream popularity from a secondary character, I don't know what does (oh wait, in Bleach there was an entire movie about Hitsugaya...). 

Overall my theory is that Kishimoto is showing that he's displeased with his ending because- bank. Lots and lots of money. I wouldn't say I was displeased either if I knew what was coming to me. Shounen Jump, which they've done time and time again with Bleach and DBZ, meddled their way into the story and convinced Kishimoto that if he wrote the story in a different matter it would work out better for him.

So will it? Only time will tell. But I can also assure you that he lost many fans from around the world... 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#45 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

I want a redo, but I'm not expecting it. But from the evidence gathered I can assure you that this is not the planned ending. 

-First of the interviews. Kishimoto already stated various things that contradict his own ending like: only one "pairing" at the end, coming from the main three, he didn't know how to get rid of Madara, he planned on showing Kakashi's face, Naruto had a boy named Shinachiku, Sakura was being honest in her confession, I mean the list can go on and on. Most of these interviews were taken before the concept of The Last was created by the way. 

-The manga/anime. I think it's pretty obvious that everything at the end of the war was a "ride along" type ordeal. Tenten picking up the legendary weapons? Sasuke v. Naruto happening after he found salvation through the dead kages? And saw what happened to Harishima and Madara? Kaguya fight even though she was first mention during the war? And Madara's death in general and how everyone was being played one after another? No this ending didn't even seem like it was created by the same author, but that's my opinon and not really evidence. But overall I think it's safe to make the assumption that Kishimoto was made to drag the story along as much as possible.  

- News of The Last and Hinata's VA? And how they're milking out everything from Nana Mizuki. Apparently Hinata's even getting her own character song, which by the way, no character songs have been released from any Naruto character (unless you count that one mini album from 10 years ago where they sing re-made songs). But overall this movie is seeming more and more like a Hinata apprectiation video every day. When it was first announced there was nothing about Hinata, and now the entire story focuses on her. If that doesn't scream popularity from a secondary character, I don't know what does (oh wait, in Bleach there was an entire movie about Hitsugaya...). 

Overall my theory is that Kishimoto is showing that he's displeased with his ending because- bank. Lots and lots of money. I wouldn't say I was displeased either if I knew what was coming to me. Shounen Jump, which they've done time and time again with Bleach and DBZ, meddled their way into the story and convinced Kishimoto that if he wrote the story in a different matter it would work out better for him.

So will it? Only time will tell. But I can also assure you that he lost many fans from around the world... 

Where did he say Sakura was being honest in her confession? Do you have a link?

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#46 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

While I do want to punch Kishi in the face, I hope anyone unhappy with the ending doesn't do anything stupid like the person who disliked Kuroko no Basket and kept on sending bomb threats which lead to event being cancelled and ultimately achieved nothing.

If they don't like it, write letter to SWJ to complain, stop buying the publication, don't watch the movie, just hope they don't do anything stupid that makes us look as bad as some of the NaruHina fans.

Pretty much seconding what Broken Figurine said. It's really frustrating seeing all the shaming posts going around for any criticism towards Naruto's ending. No reader is forced to agree with or like an ending simply because the author 'worked hard' to deliver it. No one should feel shame for disagreeing with plot elements that didn't make sense or receive adequate development. Don't let anyone make you feel like less of a Naruto fan for not simply accepting what the author put in front of you.

That being said, acts of actual violence or threats against the author are not an acceptable outlet.

IF the ending made sense, was properly developed within the manga I don't think anyone would complain, Actually that's not true, someone will always complain, and the way the manga was written no matter who ended up with who, someone had a reason to complain and be dissapointed, Because Kishi set out to deliberately mislead his fanbase, he never tried to sort the mess he made, even when he knew how things were ending, this movie was announced back in Dec 2012, so the end was all planned out back then.

He didn't have to bring Karin back in the mix and show her mourning him, when he never intended to do anything with it, he should have left her in Prison, or atleast keep up her Resolution of giving up on Sasuke. He didn't need to have the moment with Minato asking his son if Sakura was his girlfriend and have his son say yes, and then neither denying it. Kishi had plenty of time to sort the pairing wars out, but chose not to, instead he made one final pairing an insult to all women, that scene...I can't even find words for it, for a mistreated part to go crawling back....Argh, I'm a bloke and it makes me feel sick, I don't even understand how anyone if they actually thought about it would be OK with that. Then made the other pairing, put all that progress including any tidbits he could have put in the manga and packaged it away to sell as a movie. He essencially made the Manga the equivelant to a modern day game, took the main game, then cut it up into little pieces to sell as DLC. Kishimoto is the EA of manga. Fans accept this and pretty much every manga will follow suit.

I'm getting off topic but anyway, but what I'm essentially saying is I agree, just because the auther worked hard on something doesn't mean he shouldn't get criticised if he didn't do a good job. What is he 9 years old. When EA released Mass Effect 3, failing to deliver on the promise they made before the series was even released, fans were justified to be miffed, because they felt they were missold and were rightfully angry. This is no different.

Edited by harry4e, 10 November 2014 - 09:52 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#47 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

Where did he say Sakura was being honest in her confession? Do you have a link?

I'm sorry, I looked for a little while but I'm afraid that I couldn't find the interview specifically because I forgot where it came from and the title. I'm honestly relying on my memories from reading all of his interviews. I remember reading one where he talks about Sakura being an "honest girl" on NarutoForums and MangaFox, but I couldn't find it. It's quite an old interview though... 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users