46 replies to this topic

#21 soraandven

soraandven

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:23 AM

Actually Hideki Anno was never truly happy with the way Evangelion turned out, so he wanted to redo the series for a long time now.

i see well kishi was obviously forced into writing the story's god awful ending maybe he'll redo it someday 

tumblr_inline_o0t4b3AHI71txjvtf_500.gif

#22 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

well I hope he gets it. I consider it a win if he just come out and admit that he sell out his story and that he was always intended to be NS the endgame. Just to shove it to the internet.

THE EPIC WIN IS IF HE REDO THE ENDING.

IT could be done in a 5-7  chapter easily.. 

-699 Sakura healing Sasuke and Naruto, seeing a in character team 7 dynamic here. Naruto could brought up the forehead comment before he pass out from blood lost.  Once they are both up and healed, we see them break the tsukuyomi. Then we saw everyone release from IT. We never even got a reaction like, it was suh a wonderful dream. Once everyone is shown, we go to the funeral. We see Sakura recomfort Ino and Choji be there for Shikamaru and Naruto recomfort Hinata.

-700 5 kage summit of the leaf. You deal with the remaining rogue ninja. You shown the 5 kage arguing and ultimately agreeing upon giving Sasuke a pardon. Suigetsu is reinstate as a mist nin (he was a prisoner of Orochimaru so he wasn't a rogue nin and his dream was to surpass his brother Mangetsu by reforming the 7 swordmen of the mist)

Karin Jugo and Orochimaru follow Sasuke to his redemption trip. I believe they could trust Orochimaru because even if he was a villain, he never was a liar really. Sasuke knew what Orochimaru want from him when he joined. So when he said he follow Sasuke's way, I believe he tells the true. Kabuto could  be trusted (because he break of a genjutsu that technically reform a person). He can went on a trip to find himself on his own. Plus everyone could agree that after this war, they were enough death. Plus after those matter, Tsunade announce that she resign as the 5th hokage and that she name Kakashi as her sucessor.

-701 Naruto resolve his feeling with Hinata they'll be friend, he'll be here for her if she need anything but that he loves Sakura. Hinata smile knowingly because afterall, it kind of pretty obvious.  Sasuke's and taka d departure. The rest go on ahead as Sasuke demand before he make his good-bye with every member of  team 7. They telling him to not go crazy again. Sakura's threaten him to break every bone in his body if he does and Naruto reminding him that he has any tailed beast to heal him. We see one last time that dynamic in the team 7 that we know before Naruto handed the headband to Sasuke, who say to Naruto thank you for saving him. Then we switch to Kakashi saying he has some paperwork to fill leaving Naruto and Sakura alone.

702-Sakura thanks Naruto to have save Sasuke and therefore to have fulfill his promise of a life time. She bring back what he said to her before passing out and Naruto explain the bench scene and explain that he still thing about doing it because he still love her. We see flashback of everything that hinted where Sakura's seem to have develop feeling for Naruto, and then she realize that it was always him. She tell him that he can kiss her forehead, afterall she already give him her 1st kiss. We see a confuse Naruto and then she proceed to explain the CPR scene. After the kiss on her forehead, she finally admit that it was always him and that he made it harder that it should have been before kissing him and tell him that she loved him too.

703- Future where people are actually happy, not pair for the sake of being pair and Naruto a good dad where we have an hokage celebration for Naruto where every other Kage comes to see it too (still the leaf village, I don't want them to be living all in the same village)

It wasn't so hard to do no?

Edited by archangel, 08 November 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#23 Guest_bontaid_*

Guest_bontaid_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

So Kishi did this ending only for the west? Lol, even here the majority (non-shipoers, sn, ns and people who heard of naruto; please, thats by far more than nh and ss together) isn't happy about the ending. Hm, Dunno, what do you think?

#24 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:34 AM

So Kishi did this ending only for the west? Lol, even here the majority (non-shipoers, sn, ns and people who heard of naruto; please, thats by far more than nh and ss together) isn't happy about the ending. Hm, Dunno, what do you think?

awesome theory, my brother told me the same because he don't even follow this series but he find the ending that felt butchered and he did know how the character should be. He told me maybe but most likely not :(.

Let's hope

#25 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

What? WHAT. You guys are actually GLAD people are rioting over a manga? What the HELL is wrong with you guys?  If you don't like how it turned out, fine. But supporting rioting over something so fickle is ridiculous, to the point of disturbing.

Actually this might be a blessing. The more protests and signs of discontent will help get our message across. 

Even though I've admitted defeat, I have a strong feeling that later on, maybe in a year or so, Kishimoto is going to come out and say that he regrets making this ending. Because anybody can blatantly see that there's no heart in it. None. 

Somebody mentioned Evangelion and they ended up re-creating the entire series. 

So yeah, keep the protests coming. It may change the already end game as we know it.

Um, WHAT?  What message?  Protest is something that has changed the world and brought issues such as racism, sexism, and the ever-widening socio-economic gap to light and you're treating the ending to Naruto as something equal to those issues?  What in the world?!

We don't need to protest the end of a manga.  We don't need such a severe reaction to a fictional comic book. Send Kishi letters, emails, etc. Something that won't disrupt other people's lives (whether it's actual rioting or something as annoying as blocking traffic by standing outside his house with signs, which will disrupt HIS personal life, as well...) But, if he doesn't change it all, It's done, it's over, get over it.

The reaction to this (possibly/likely false) news is something that seriously makes me consider my faith in people.  Dear god....

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 08 November 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#26 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts
  • Interests:Boku no Hero Academia is better than Naruto

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

Actually Hideki Anno was never truly happy with the way Evangelion turned out, so he wanted to redo the series for a long time now.

Yep and I feel like that's the exact same way Kishimoto feels right now. Why? Because of chapters 1-698. 

Squad Roll call :

tumblr_ngv9unJacL1qhmbkio1_r1_500.png

#27 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

What? WHAT. You guys are actually GLAD people are rioting over a manga? What the HELL is wrong with you guys?  If you don't like how it turned out, fine. But supporting rioting over something so fickle is ridiculous, to the point of disturbing.

Um, WHAT?  What message?  Protest is something that has changed the world and brought issues such as racism, sexism, and the ever-widening socio-economic gap to light and you're treating the ending to Naruto as something equal to those issues?  What in the world?!

We don't need to protest the end of a manga.  We don't need such a severe reaction to a fictional comic book. Send Kishi letters, emails, etc. Something that won't disrupt other people's lives (whether it's actual rioting or something as annoying as blocking traffic by standing outside his house with signs, which will disrupt HIS personal life, as well...) But, if he doesn't change it all, It's done, it's over, get over it.

The reaction to this (possibly/likely false) news is something that seriously makes me consider my faith in people.  Dear god....

But you're acting like protests don't pop up for any reason at all. 

Okay. 

Look I'm not promoting some Walk on Wall Street type stuff I'm just saying that other people's reactions might end up in a different outcome. I really don't see how that's hard to understand, but that's on you. No one ever said start a new movement about a fictional story, you misinterpreted my post. Reread. 

Maybe to you it's a severe reaction but like you said, Dear GOD don't you know that "severe" otakus exist? What can we do to possibly stop them? There are people out in the world who kill themselves after their favorite actor dies. Just throwing that in there to let you know that even if I support/don't support something, it won't change how other people react. 

Goodbye. 

Squad Roll call :

#28 Lady Lys

Lady Lys

Odore buono del cielo sull'erbe, pioggia di prima sera.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

If this info is true, methinks 'rioting' would be too big a word, and honestly I don't expect crazed Japanese people in an urban jungle, they are too calm and polite to go out and smash things.

But I think they will let Kishimoto know (maybe even vocally) how much they are disappointed by his 'ending' (quotation marks because, honestly, as an ending it truly sucks) and this is totally legit imo. They spent probably much money on the Naruto franchise, and they have a right to express their disagreement, and from what I understand that wouldn't be the first time it happens.

- L'inguaribile ottimismo di un dodo.

Hungry for glory - AS Roma 1927

But they were all of them deceived, for another canon was made. In the land of Japan, in the fires of Studio Pierrot, the dark Lord Kishimoto forged in secret a master canon, to control all others, and into this canon, he poured his cruelty, his malice, and his will to dominate all life. One canon to rule them all.

#29 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

As much as I want Kishi to change the ending the manga, I don't think rioting will be the solution. Kishi has already made up his mind when he was creating the last chapters. But well people are entitled for freedom so why not.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

#30 Zodd

Zodd

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with shadow_Uzamaki on this.

Protests happen for big reasons, and not something as trivial as a "bad" ending of a story.  I do not care if severe cases exist, that does not make it okay.

Hurting some one or wanting to hurt them because you do not like their story is not acceptable.  People who seek to commit suicide over their favorite characters dying need serious help.  Those wanting to see bad things happen to the writer and the staff need serious help.

People are free to voice their discontent, there is a plethora of mediums that allow such.  Yes, write Kishimoto a letter, a thoughtful one after you properly purchase the two offending chapters you illegally read.  Write a review, or hell, perhaps learn from this travesty and do not make the same mistake with your stories.

There will be no riots, there will be displeased fans, but no riots.  Not the first time, not the last time.  Life goes on.  I cannot stand people for burning their merchandise and throwing things away because ultimately the story did not go the way they wanted it.  Yes, that what is coming down to.  The story did not go the way some one hoped and now it's gloves off, time to beat some writer's ass!  It sucks, and it blows, and it sucks, but it was not our story to tell. We have to accept that.  Write a rotten tomato review for the new movie, post a blog, whatever, and move on. If you think things are really bad I can imagine the travesty Kishimoto feels, next to the wave of relief that he's finally out this crazy ass market where fans want to lynch and torch his ass. 

24zf3gz.gif

#31 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

But you're acting like protests don't pop up for any reason at all. 

Okay. 

Look I'm not promoting some Walk on Wall Street type stuff I'm just saying that other people's reactions might end up in a different outcome. I really don't see how that's hard to understand, but that's on you. No one ever said start a new movement about a fictional story, you misinterpreted my post. Reread. 

Maybe to you it's a severe reaction but like you said, Dear GOD don't you know that "severe" otakus exist? What can we do to possibly stop them? There are people out in the world who kill themselves after their favorite actor dies. Just throwing that in there to let you know that even if I support/don't support something, it won't change how other people react. 

Goodbye. 

....It IS a severe reaction, no matter how one looks at it.  And yes, I know severe FANS exist.  It's not limited to "otaku."  There are Twilight fans who act like actual vampires and have disrupted Robert Pattinson just for a chance that he will bite them. And let's not even get started on "Beliebers" and practically the entire gaming fanbase.  

And yes, protests pop up for the smallest reasons, one of them being the entire Westboro Baptist Church and a protest for one of Kevin Smith's films, Dogma, I believe, by a religious group.  Those happen, but this is practically one of the smallest, minute reason to start a protest.  

The fact that people HERE are AGREEING to the perceived righteousness of this so-called riot, is disgusting is what I'm saying.  It also helps perpetuate this entire thing in the first place.  

This is the same kind of mentality that pissed off George Lucas in the first place.

And the very depressing thing is, it will continue to happen, but no, I refuse to say "there's nothing I can do."  What I can do, what WE all can do, is find less disruptive outlets to vent frustration.  That's what fanfiction is for, that's what fan-art is for, that's what community groups such as this is for. Hell, that's what a video game is for.  Take a break from this manga, don't start bashing the hell out of Kishi, regardless of quality. That breeds MORE anger and frustration.  He lives half a world away, so unless Kishi is your neighbor, shouting at forums and threads won't even matter to him.  

The more I read about these things (even if this riot thing isn't true), the more I dislike Japan's, (more Asia's, really...) constrictive, stifling attitude about...everything. It causes its people to bottle up everything, causing them to release it through outlets like excessively buying ridiculously priced merchandise and disturbing obsessions towards their media, making them come off as a nation filled with adult-children....

And yes, I have personal experience with this, I came from a traditional, Filipino background anyway.

Full Disclosure: Yes, I know, me accusing the reaction to this "riot" news as perceived righteousness is, in itself, hypocritically me perceiving myself as having the moral high ground. Sorry for the tone, but not for the message.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 08 November 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#32 Shadow1275

Shadow1275

Lone Wolf

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts
  • Interests:I have lots of hobbies..

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

But y the west. We don't even pay to read the manga or the movies. Japan is what matters the most. :headscratch:

He Who is Brave is Free-Seneca

^I have a lightsaber your argument is invalid^

"You may be called upon yet again to defend the glory of the Republic against the tyranny of the Dark Side. For this, is the destiny, of the Jedi..."

#33 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Huh? I doubt that's happening but if it is........... Well I'm not against him him. But I'm not defending him............ well except from physical assault. MAYBE. :sweatdrop:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#34 Zodd

Zodd

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

....It IS a severe reaction, no matter how one looks at it.  And yes, I know severe FANS exist.  It's not limited to "otaku."  There are Twilight fans who act like actual vampires and have disrupted Robert Pattinson just for a chance that he will bite them. And let's not even get started on "Beliebers" and practically the entire gaming fanbase.  

And yes, protests pop up for the smallest reasons, one of them being the entire Westboro Baptist Church and a protest for one of Kevin Smith's films, Dogma, I believe, by a religious group.  Those happen, but this is practically one of the smallest, minute reason to start a protest.  

The fact that people HERE are AGREEING to the perceived righteousness of this so-called riot, is disgusting is what I'm saying.  It also helps perpetuate this entire thing in the first place.  

This is the same kind of mentality that pissed off George Lucas in the first place.

And the very depressing thing is, it will continue to happen, but no, I refuse to say "there's nothing I can do."  What I can do, what WE all can do, is find less disruptive outlets to vent frustration.  That's what fanfiction is for, that's what fan-art is for, that's what community groups such as this is for. Hell, that's what a video game is for.  Take a break from this manga, don't start bashing the hell out of Kishi, regardless of quality. That breeds MORE anger and frustration.  He lives half a world away, so unless Kishi is your neighbor, shouting at forums and threads won't even matter to him.  

The more I read about these things (even if this riot thing isn't true), the more I dislike Japan's, (more Asia's, really...) constrictive, stifling attitude about...everything. It causes its people to bottle up everything, causing them to release it through outlets like excessively buying ridiculously priced merchandise and disturbing obsessions towards their media, making them come off as a nation filled with adult-children....

And yes, I have personal experience with this, I came from a traditional, Filipino background anyway.

Full Disclosure: Yes, I know, me accusing the reaction to this "riot" news as perceived righteousness is, in itself, hypocritically me perceiving myself as having the moral high ground. Sorry for the tone, but not for the message.

This is indeed what traumatizes many writers...the fans.

If a person threatened my life over an ending, I would be too traumatized and hurt knowing people are out there willing to harm me over the ending of a story I made.  If some one left a heart felt criticism, I would be far more inclined to listen and consider things.

It appears to be an age thing, I noticed that many of the older Naruto readers have looked at the ending, sighed at it, and then moved on.  However some people want to hold on.  And that's fine, it's great to be optimistic.  It's only a manga series after all and there is no repercussions for optimism, I will not insult people for still loving their OTP.  In fact, that is great!  However the "jokes" of rioting, and forming barriers to stores and all this stuff of the burning.  No, it's too much.  People think because we are saying "enough is enough" that we are now against them.  It's like when a parent tells a child he had enough sugar, all of a sudden instead of it being in the well-being of the child and their future health its now about "Why WONT you let me you are oppressing me and trying to intentionally hurt me!"  

No we are not trying to hurt you and deny you want you love.  But violence is never okay in a situation like this.  Reflect on this objectively and gain something from this.  Speak about every thing else you want, but if you dare encourage violence, riots, or any thing of the like I will be there to denounce it because I am going to also try to prevent ANYTHING getting out of hand.  There are people out there already considering suicide over this ending, we do not need any one else hurting them self or others.  Torch your own merchandise, so be it, but do not dare force your anger on others.  The riot thing started small at first, but now its sounding a bit too serious, and I will not hesitate to report people to the authorities.

Sorry if I'm cramping your style or being a wet towel over your fun.

edit: Some of my language was insensitive, so I edited that out.  I'm a bit upset with this situation and I apologize. My intent is not to offend.

Also I agree with you in terms of Japan.  It's not a mere coincidence their suicide rates are the highest in the world.

Edited by Zodd, 08 November 2014 - 02:26 PM.

24zf3gz.gif

#35 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

There will be no rioting.
Because rioting over kitten manga is stupid.
Japanese fan who doesn't like the ending will rioting in the net and not on the street.
And otaku doesn't fancying popular shonen manga. Especially the like of naruto.

#36 Pix

Pix

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:55 PM

It's okay, I can understand why you used your tone. But I'll just say that I'm standing my ground and agreeing to disagree with you. 

I also can now understand where you're coming from, because you're seeing this issue from an Eastern Asian viewpoint, while I'm not. And that could be what's causing our misunderstanding, and also quite possibly my own ignorance. 

I just thought in my head a group of people (like 40 people) outside of a studio crying. I wasn't imagining people going insane and becoming the new Westboro. In other words, I wasn't imagining a "riot". 

But I want to say that personally Kishimoto has still lost all of my respect. Not for his writing, but for his mistreatment of his own characters and the treatment of the female characters in chapter 700. And yes I blame him for 700 because he supervised it. I know of George Lucas' story as well, but the difference between these two is that I feel really bad for Lucas while as of now, I can't forgive Kishimoto. 

So basically, I understand your message but I still disagree with it. But let's not argue over it, I really don't want that. 

Squad Roll call :

#37 NarutoIzDaMan

NarutoIzDaMan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

I highly doubt that there will be "riots" per se BUT I do expect a lot of complaints, enough to hopefully provoke a response from Kishi and explain himself about why he chose to go in such a ridiculous, arbitrary, random, nonsensical, unethical route as far as the ending was concerned.

True fans who actually care about the sanctity of the STORY have a right to be annoyed, upset, disgusted, etc. All I know is that I myself am extremely interested in seeing how Japanese fans (particularly women who are not SS shippers for the sake of just shipping) react to this Harry potter esque ending. Of course this ending is by leaps and bounds worse cuz of the message it sends to teenages, young girls - it's OKAY to be abused emotionally, psychologically, physically, etc.  

"You're the only shinobi in the world who can surpass the Fourth Hokage, that's what I believe" ~ Hatake Kakashi

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:57 PM

I agree, it IS stupid stuff like that happens. but it happens non the less. That's why we don't participate in it nor encourage it. C'mon guys, it's one thing to be upset and another to wish disproportionate retribution.

Edited by Phantom_999, 08 November 2014 - 05:57 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#39 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

Yep and I feel like that's the exact same way Kishimoto feels right now. Why? Because of chapters 1-698. 

the problem is that there is no evidence that this wasn't the planned ending while Anno did not even try to act like he was satisfied, remember the Evangelion movies were not Anno's first attempt at redoing the ending of Eva (episode '25 and '26 as well as End of Evangelion), we would have to wait for an interview before we can say if the is a slight chance that "he" (i now refuse to say his name) might even consider a redo.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#40 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:18 PM

The OP didn't exactly provide any compelling links or arguments that this was happening--now that there's this controversial ending out I'm suspicious of any so called information about the reactions or 'behind-the-scenes' reasons/conspiracies without something resembling a solid case for it. 

I'm never in the party that you HAVE to appreciate work that an author puts out. You can judge a medium as you so fit, and an author is the one that can be grateful to have his livelihood based on his fans enjoying his work. It's a reciprocal relationship and I know, fans can be a nightmare, but this doesn't mean because some people's expectations are crazy that every other fan must submit to any written work. We have opinions. If we didn't, we wouldn't debate on forums. So I get really annoyed when someone makes the argument we have to take what we can get. I'm not a passive reader. 

I don't have a problem with the idea then that we can voice our discontent, it's just about making sure it's peaceful and not aimed at hurting others, but trying to focus on the issue. I don't go out and attack NaruHina/SasuSaku shippers, I just ignore them, and I would certainly never go out and threaten the lives of others in any way. A couple of people standing around with signs where they think Kishimoto might see, okay, it's not exactly a mature response (and if the 'other side' of this pairing war would do it we'd call them pathetic) but if it remains just that, a small-scale protest that's not something to get up-in-arms over.

A riot is a different matter entirely. Extreme reactions, even to some causes that are worthier for one, are never good. They get negative attention and people get hurt. So I'm not like some people who complain about this generation not being happy with what they get (rolls eyes) but I don't condone violence either. I do hope that fans do complain about this ending. It grates at me when problematic media just goes unaddressed (looking at you, Arrow) and sometimes I do wish that these opinions could be reached to the people who control the stories; not to be received as some crazy fan who's never satisfied, but as a genuine criticism and an expectation to do better. 

However, when talking about anything that's going on--that it was Kishimoto's assistant who wrote it, that Japanese fans are unhappy with the conclusion, I don't want just statements--where's the proof? Where are people getting this info?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users