• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

There have been many over the years and  Goku, and the stars of the Big 3 immediately comes to mind. 

So here's a chance to share your favorite. Is it Naruto? Luffy? Edward? 

As for me, I think my favorite is Yusuke Urameshi. He isn't the only reason why I enjoy YuYu Hakusho, as it is has a good cast all around, but Yusuke is still a great lead character.

What I like about Yusuke is that he is more of a simple character. More or less, he is a teenage high school punk, but as the series progresses he becomes a better person and learns from some of his mistakes. Despite that, though, he still keeps his smart ass attitude, which makes him a sort of scoundrel with a heart of gold.

Of course, he also has some great fights in the series, too. One that comes to mind is in the Dark Tournament when he is backed up against a knife and has to fight strictly with his fists. It was a really gritty, tough battle. 

This is scene pretty much sums up Yusuke.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#2 Guest_Raikyrea_*

Guest_Raikyrea_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:37 AM

Definitely Naruto.
Attached File  image.jpg   31.03KB   0 downloads

#3 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

Naruto.

#4 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:25 AM

Oz Vessalius from Pandora Hearts

83855.jpg     tumblr_n5w4kwkYYc1six65fo1_500.jpg

He goes through such a massive character arc in the manga that makes him stand out in my mind.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 05 August 2014 - 02:27 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#5 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

Haru Glory from Rave Master.

3109475-4397440577-Haru_.png

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#6 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

Haru Glory from Rave Master.

3109475-4397440577-Haru_.png

I have to agree, Haru is awesome.

#7 mangafan

mangafan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Too many to type

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:36 AM

Mine is the most unpredictable, knuckle head ninja ever- NARUTO UZUMAKI!!!  :th_yeah:

#8 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

I'd have to say Luffy.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#9 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

kouji.jpg

Kouji Kabuto from Mazinger-Z. He stood out back in the day because he was completely atypical: he was a hot-headed, temperamental, loud, disrespectful and often annoying and jerkass delinquent. Still he always risked his life for another people and he never gave up, not even when he knew that everything was lost. In one word, he was the template for most shonen characters since.

Kenshiro_2.jpg

Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star. In many respects he is the opposite to Kouji. He is an extremely nice, kind, compassionate, emotinal and respectful person who is not afraid of showing his tears when he is sad... and he does not need a giant robot to turn someone into a bloody pulp. He lives in a post-apocalyptic hell-hole where everything is screaming at you "be a selfish kitten. People who are nice get killed", but he refuses giving in. Instead of it he tries to be a hero and protect the weak and helpless. It takes a very courageous and especial kind of person to retain your humanity in those circumstances. And he is an utter badass.

Ryo_Saeba.jpg

Ryo Saeba from City Hunter. He... is so fun! Most of time he seems an useless idiot that never takes anything seriously and a lecher whose brain stops to work as soon as he sees a beautiful woman... and then he gets serious and nobody is capable to defeat him in a fight. The shift between brainless lecherous moron that never takes anything seriously and hardened hitman/private eye that never misses a mark is so quick and jarring that you would believe they are different people. Moreover, throughout the series you have hints of his past... and when you finally have the whole puzzle you can not help to be sorry for him and respect him. It is amazing that someone that has been through so many stuff since he was three-years-old can carefree and look so happy-go-lucky.

gatchaman-ken.jpg

Ken/Mark the Eagle from Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets/G-Force/Eagle Riders. I like Mark because often I like leader type characters, and Mark was an excellent leader (calm, quick-thinking, strategist) and a great fighter. At the same time maybe he was the character that evolved the most throughtout the series. At the beginning he was a teenager that still missed his parents but he had used to it. However the tragedies and loses that he lives through the series and its sequels affect him badly until he has become a bunch of self-destructive and rash fury, and he needs the help of his friends to recover.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#10 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

@jenskott
Legend never die. So from all of it, which one is your favorite?

#11 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Edward Elric and Lawliet

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#12 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Edward Elric and Lawliet

Can Lawliet (I take it you mean from Death Note) be considered the series protagonist?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#13 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Edward Elric, I think. I always liked how he kept moving forward despite pain and regrets, and Arakwa (sp?) portrayed that really well I think. It adds more to his character than anything else, and makes him very relatable.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#14 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

Legend never die. So from all of it, which one is your favorite? 

It is hard to tell for me. I have no a clear favorite, so I tried to thin the list down to the shonen main characters taht I am fonder of.

I also used to like Goku when I was a pre-teen. I like Ranma (Ranma 1/2) and Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) but I do not like so much like the others. I am not Astroboy's biggest fan but I respect him for the same reasons that I respect Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny. Tetsuya Azuma (Casshern or Casshan) is pretty unknown (in spite of he was Mega Man's greatest inspiration) but I likes him because he is another character who struggles for being a hero and making the right thing in a world that has gone to Hell (and unlike Kenshiro, everyone hate him for what he is). I liked Naruto at the beginning of the manga, but after so many years reading his manga I think that I like him less than I used to.

And if we are to speak about shonen female main chatacters, I would cite Priss Asagiri (Bubblegum Crisis), Alita/Gally (Battle Angel Alita), Honey Kisaragi (Cutey Honey) and greedy, gluttonous, hot-tempered, rash and selfish anti-heroine Lina Inverse (Slayers).

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#15 Sakura~

Sakura~

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:currently obsessed with Gintama and One Piece.
    http://clefairiess.tumblr.com

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

Can Lawliet (I take it you mean from Death Note) be considered the series protagonist?

Well kinda.. I guess lol

harley_quinn___sign_by_ravenlsd-d8q43el.

#16 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Well kinda.. I guess lol

I guess I view him more as an antagonist.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#17 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Edward Elric for me As Well. Also Naruto and Ciel Phantomhive/Sebastian Michaelis.

Edited by Phantom_999, 11 August 2014 - 01:58 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#18 AquariusNoHana

AquariusNoHana

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, NaruSaku, classic anime: Kishin Douji Zenki, Saint Seiya, Cyborg 009, Houshin Engi, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Sailor Moon. Favorite movies: Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Wreck it Ralph, Aliens, Van Helsing.

Posted 25 November 2014 - 02:31 AM

tumblr_naw942z9ED1sth0uro1_400.gifvery Inuyasha-esque which was one of the reasons why I freaking love him!

Also, Allen Walker, Edward Elric, Yusuke Urameshi, Pegasus Seiya, and Inuyasha.

My deviantart: http://akumaru13.deviantart.com

tumblr_nbrqrbch7P1s727oto3_400.gif

#19 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

Edward Elric and Yugi/Yami are very cool.

#20 Rabbit

Rabbit

Pappaparapappapa

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Being peculiar. Travelling around the world. Shoujo manga. Obsessed with cats. Jelly beans. NicoNico. SPLATOON. Honeyworks.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:58 PM

Kuroko Tetsuya.

Shall we skate?❄❄

5a8024b87c1bc97de775cb6fa0967ff9.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users