Close
Photo

What was the first anime you've ever watched?

Anime Manga First

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Sedna

Sedna

Nostalgic

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:Birds.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:07 AM

My first one was 'Girls Bravo'. Yes it was an ecchi, I figured out the hard way. Anyways, what was your first anime?

#2 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

Leo, the White Lion

eh10ut.jpg

#3 Muffins?

Muffins?

Bearded Priest of Norvos

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

Dragon ball or initial d hard to remember which one it was

JLHza2T.png

#4 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

Leo, the White Lion

That is a great introduction. It is a classic.

Anyway... It is hard to tell. You will see, I am not American, and when I was a kid there was a single tv channel that was very selective about what shows they could and could not broadcast (before I would have been born Mazinger-Z was aired. Kids loved it, but their parents hated it. They protested so much and so loudly that during the eighties that channel only aired non-violent anime, Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman being the only exception). So I suspect that nobody in this board will know most shows that I watched when I was a kid. Nonetheless...

- Heidi, Girls of the Alps

- Dogtanian and the three Muskehounds

Bannertail: The Story of Gray Squirrel

- Monarch: The Big Bear of Tallac

- Meitantei Holmes

- Maya the Bee

I watched more series but those are the ones I remember having watched on tv. I am convinced of that I watched Mazinger-Z, Astroganger and Kimba The White Lion and many other anime series in tape.

In the early nineties more channels started airing and the former broadcasting politics lessened. The new tv channels bought many American cartoons (such like The Transformers, G. I. Joe, Ninja Turtles...) and anime series because they were cheap. From that time I followed Captain Tsubasa (it is ironical because I do not like soccer. Anyway that show was widly successful, paving the way for many sports anime being aired), Saint Seiya, Attacker You (I do not like volleyball either!), Touch (you guessed it, I am not a baseball fan), Kimagure Orange Road, Aim for the Ace!, Robotech, Gigantor/Tetsujin 28-go (the 1980 remake... God, I loved that show!), Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs... I also watched many other anime shows, but I have nearly forgotten them.

And then a regional channel started to broadcast Dragon Ball (around 1991-1992). That was the time when I definitely became an anime nerd rather someone that merely watched whatever the tv was showing.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#5 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:34 AM

First anime would be Voltron, but first one I ever really got into would be Dragon Ball.

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#6 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

Princess Sarah, princess tu tu, fancy la la :lol:

#7 SuperSilverStar

SuperSilverStar

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

My earliest memories of watching an anime was Sailor Moon. Though of course at the time I had no idea that it was an anime and I had no idea what was going on in the show :sweatdrop: . The one though, that I really watched from start to finish was DBZ.

#8 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

First anime would be Voltron

Wow, I have always wanted to watch that show. And I own a Voltron/Golion action figure.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#9 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

I'm not really sure about mine, but the first Anime I remember seeing would be Pokemon.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#10 LivinG_Dead

LivinG_Dead

A Detective

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Manga and anime, mainly Detective conan/Case closed and Naruto

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

CardCaptor Sakura.

DPqgMVy.png

I ship Conan and Ai. :love:

#11 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

New Dominion Tank Police.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#12 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Teen Titans 

#13 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:51 AM

Its either Akazukin Chacha or Slayers.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#14 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

I didn't realize what it was until recently, but I remember watching one of Hayao Miyazaki's films when I was, like, a toddler.

Other than that...Speed Racer. My older brother loved it, and I remember he drew the Mach 5 a lot.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#15 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

Pokemon or digimon, I don't know which. :s They were both on cartoon network when I was a kid.

First anime I watched that I knew was anime was Naruto.

ナルサク

#16 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

I was kind of young, and originally I thought it was Dragon Ball, but it was actually Akira on the Scifi Channel, back when that channel was awesome!

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#17 TsukiChan ♥

TsukiChan ♥

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Interests:Naruto <3 ;Drawing anime ; Watching anime and K-dramas; NaruSaku <3

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

I think my first was either Sailor Moon or Hamtaro

But I'm sure it was Sailor Moon :) Maybe Pokemon

Edited by TsukiChan ♥, 25 July 2014 - 03:10 PM.

tumblr_inline_ndxjyuuF571qlo98f.gif

#18 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

My first animes were: -Project A-ko -Venus Wars -Dominion Tank Police -Vampire Hunter D
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#19 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Wow, I have always wanted to watch that show. And I own a Voltron/Golion action figure.

Well my dad was stationed in Okinawa while my mom was pregnant with me. His friends use to watch anime to pass the time and even though they had no idea what was going on they all fell in love with a series that had big robots piloted by people. They loved it so much so that they even recorded it for those of their friends who had guard duty. My dad came back to the states when I was already a year old. When I was around 4/5 Voltron was already over but the they would show reruns on tv. My dad remembered the show he watched in Japan and so he and I saw the entire Voltron series together :3

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#20 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

Hey, speaking of Voltron, does anyone remember a Voltron series from the 90s that was like all CG animation, similar to Beast Wars. I think it was Voltron Third Dimension.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users