78 replies to this topic

#21 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

Chakra is pretty vague, besides the basic facts that everyone needs it to live and that you can use it as a weapon. I mean, was it ever explained why some people couldn't become ninja, or did he just say that some people didn't want to be ninja, so they just refused to train?

Well, I guess some people chakra's system just doesn't work in a way a normal ninja one must do, a example is Rock Lee, but you're right they never went too deep about that

Edited by Nar123, 17 August 2015 - 05:14 PM.

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#22 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Completed re-reading Volume 16, and now it's time to share the highlights: 

naruto-2718.jpg

naruto-2720.jpg

Similar to the fight against Neji, Naruto attempts to use what little of Kurama's power that he can to finish off Gaara which obviously shows as they are both exhausted from the blows they've been exchanging while the fight's been taking place. 

naruto-1598422.jpg

The conclusion of Sarutobi vs Orochimaru left a huge impact not just for Konoha, but for the entire series of Naruto.  This was the first time a character (aside from Zabuza and Haku) significant to the story had a heroic death one that will ultimately change the way of Konoha in the future. 

naruto-1598430.jpg

This moment here showcases how warmed up Sasuke has gotten to his teammates, and he owed it to Sakura after what she was able to do during the Forest of Death incident. At the same time seeing how things were playing out I guess this is where SS was also beginning to rise within the fandom, however that bit to me is the least important thing at the moment. 

naruto-1598436.jpg

Since the fight between Naruto and Gaara came to a conclusion, this part is worth noting since it is something that'll fundamentally shift Gaara's perspective on the world after hearing what Naruto has to say for the matter. Once again it showcases just how far Naruto is willing to go to save and protect his teammates which is a very important character trait of his.

naruto-1566583.jpg

Now that Sarutobi The Third Hokage has fallen in battle against Orochimaru the decision has been  made for The most next Hokage. Ultimately it was going to be Jiraiya who I think would've been interesting choice at the time, and even now looking back at it I still wonder how the village would've been if Jiraiya had taken the mantle of being Hokage as opposed to Tsunade.. Nonetheless this part obviously sets up for the next upcoming arc along with the fact that Naruto is going to be accompany him to perform a jutsu that'll enhance his ninjutsu. 

naruto-1566571.jpg

Now after everything we've heard about Sasuke's brother from the context of the story thus far, we finally get see the man himself, Itachi Uchiha. At the time I had high expectations when it came to his character since Sasuke's always boasted about putting an end to his life in order to avenge the Uchiha Clan. Ultimately based off his character introduction and squaring off against Kakashi with Kurenai and Asuma to assist him, clearly it showcases that Itachi was no pushover and wasn't somebody you wanted to mess with.  

naruto-1566616.jpg

Sometime after The Gaara fight Sakura and Sasuke have a conversation with Sakura thanking Sasuke for saving her, but he reveals that it wasn't him it was Naruto that risked his life to save him from Gaara's wrath. This once again showcases a slight shift in Sakura as she realizes there's more to Naruto then what she thought as well as appreciating for what he did for her. Re-reading it now I still think that is the case because it is the core of what will eventually occur in the story in terms of her character and Naruto.

naruto-1566636.jpg

Finally, We were left with a cliffhanger where Itachi has come for Naruto Uzumaki who has ultimately been standing by the door awaiting to take him.  Meanwhile as Sasuke began to track them down in order to stop Itachi before it was too late. It is also here that we are about get to something big as far as Itachi goes when it comes to Naruto and more specifically for Sasuke as well. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

Wow the art style really changed in part 2.

#24 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:11 PM

Wow the art style really changed in part 2.

I say it changed for the better. However when the war started his effort started to fade away.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

I say it changed for the better. However when the war started his effort started to fade away.

Well I mean the character design is better but I feel like something that the old one screams "this is mine." Part 2 feels like anime storyboard that decided to go black and white. Then again, Kishi did say he changed it to make anime capable to his work much simpler.

#26 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

Well I mean the character design is better but I feel like something that the old one screams "this is mine." Part 2 feels like anime storyboard that decided to go black and white. Then again, Kishi did say he changed it to make anime capable to his work much simpler.

Looking back on the artwork now I agree, I actually kinda appreciated it alot more because it brought a sense of uniqueness to it. The artwork in Part 2 isn't bad in fact I appreciated it on the same level, it just feels like as you said a storybackground instead of how Kishi originally had it.  However I understand why he made the artwork change so it doesn't bother me that much.  Though I'm kinda curious how Part 2 would've looked if it had the older art style to it, different yes, but in terms of visualization I'm just curious... 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

Looking back on the artwork now I agree, I actually kinda appreciated it alot more because it brought a sense of uniqueness to it. The artwork in Part 2 isn't bad in fact I appreciated it on the same level, it just feels like as you said a storybackground instead of how Kishi originally had it.  However I understand why he made the artwork change so it doesn't bother me that much.  Though I'm kinda curious how Part 2 would've looked if it had the older art style to it, different yes, but in terms of visualization I'm just curious... 

For many, the charm would be there and they would appreciate it. I mean I'm good with either.

#28 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

@nar123
I don't know that.
I think "real world" ninja technique is the ability to transform into a frog by using a scroll with a handseal and multiplying.

Walking on water, climb a wall, or breath in water need tool.

@touken
Handseal is what spell casting to jrpg esque shonen battle manga such as fairytail. Sometimes you don't need to reciting all move.

Chakra is like ki, kishi stated it in one of past interview.
It's an energy source like reiatsu, cosmos, nen, mana/magic energy, and to some extent haki. It's a source of attack, and magic for naruto, bleach, and many more.

There's correlation between handseal and chakra. It safe to say that all ninjutsu is practically magic ninja.

@redrose
Chakra is not vague, it's your soul/life energy.
You will dead if you running out of chakra.

The only one who capable to utilize chakra is wizard or in this case ninja.
Samurai can apply it but not in the same scale like ninja who able to walk in all terrain. That's why if you want to be a ninja you need to learn it in konohagwart.

Oh and everyone can utilize chakra. I mean just because rock lee can't cast magic, doesn't mean he can't walk in water like Jesus.

#29 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:02 PM

For many, the charm would be there and they would appreciate it. I mean I'm good with either.

From what I understand, that kishi interview mean is in the chunin exam arc.
He change the style to acomodate more to anime since chunin exam arc.

#30 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

I kinda like the Part 1 artwork, too. 

#31 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

Itachi was also a further show of "there is always someone stronger".

I mean, we just got through with Orochimaru and seeing a glimpse at how powerful he was, and how far he was willing to go to master every jutsu in existence, and then comes Itachi, someone who we learn was able to effortlessly defeat that very villain when he was still a young teenager himself, and yet both of them were subservient to whoever the leader of Akatsuki was. And then, we finally learn about Nagato and the Rinnegan from his fight with Jiraiya.

2e5.gif

#32 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:30 PM

@nar123
I don't know that.
I think "real world" ninja technique is the ability to transform into a frog by using a scroll with a handseal and multiplying.

Walking on water, climb a wall, or breath in water need tool.

---
Chakra is not vague, it's your soul/life energy.
You will dead if you running out of chakra.

The only one who capable to utilize chakra is wizard or in this case ninja.
Samurai can apply it but not in the same scale like ninja who able to walk in all terrain. That's why if you want to be a ninja you need to learn it in konohagwart.

Oh and everyone can utilize chakra. I mean just because rock lee can't cast magic, doesn't mean he can't walk in water like Jesus.

Here 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjutsu

Ninjutsu actually existed it's just nothing fantastic. Kishi just took it and added another layer of fantasy to it

---

The chakra thing as you said it's life energy, probablly everyone can use it in some shape or form, the problem is when he gave us the existence of a perso such as Rock Lee who couldn't use his chakra foir ninjutsu and genjutsu...this raises the question if most people who can't be ninja have something liek this or not 

Edited by Nar123, 17 August 2015 - 11:30 PM.

#33 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:30 PM

This thread is making me sad and nostalgic.

#34 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:14 AM

I know chakra is like ki but my point is the use of it. There's a perk of ending early or never go that deep and stick to the limit that has set upon. Naruto was doing well with seals and less explosive effect of Shounen. It was substance with a bit of flash, which is fine, but now, it's flash but no substance. Some series can just stay in one area without resorting to "This man can now shoot a beam from the clouds." Just stay at the top, not beyond over the top.

#35 HalfDemonInuyasha

HalfDemonInuyasha

Mercenary

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:16 AM

Doing moves without the use of hand seals isn't really bad in of itself. The big problem is that, as usual, it completely contradicts things that we were taught earlier on. I remember when it was said that hand seals are merely ways that help shinobi to properly focus their chakra flow to be able to perform the move they intend to do, like each hand seal is like a road sign pointing in the right direction for the chakra to go and once you follow that path correctly, of course, you reach your destination and perform the technique, so the faster you can perform your hand seals, the faster you can pull out your technique, as Kakashi did in his re-test of Naruto and Sakura at the start of part two.

I remember when it was said just how much skill it takes just to do one-handed seals when Haku did it against Sasuke, so it's only natural to think that doing any jutsu without any hand seals whatsoever would require real focus and mastery over one's own chakra flow. Even Hashirama and Madara didn't seem capable of doing so in their prime. I'd probably say Kaguya and Hagaromo were the only ones who possibly could have. Obviously, Naruto nor Sasuke ever trained so hard and/or so long to be able to do so as effortlessly as they were doing.

2e5.gif

#36 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:33 AM

Doing moves without the use of hand seals isn't really bad in of itself. The big problem is that, as usual, it completely contradicts things that we were taught earlier on. I remember when it was said that hand seals are merely ways that help shinobi to properly focus their chakra flow to be able to perform the move they intend to do, like each hand seal is like a road sign pointing in the right direction for the chakra to go and once you follow that path correctly, of course, you reach your destination and perform the technique, so the faster you can perform your hand seals, the faster you can pull out your technique, as Kakashi did in his re-test of Naruto and Sakura at the start of part two.

I remember when it was said just how much skill it takes just to do one-handed seals when Haku did it against Sasuke, so it's only natural to think that doing any jutsu without any hand seals whatsoever would require real focus and mastery over one's own chakra flow. Even Hashirama and Madara didn't seem capable of doing so in their prime. I'd probably say Kaguya and Hagaromo were the only ones who possibly could have. Obviously, Naruto nor Sasuke ever trained so hard and/or so long to be able to do so as effortlessly as they were doing.

Case in point though, Naruto's few jutsus didn't necessarily needed  handseals

#37 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

@nar123
I know it. The closest depiction of ninjutsu is in tenchu video game.
Ninja itself is not as sophiscated like what the media show it.

I don't think that was the case, most people in narutoverse is not from ninja village. And even if they come from it, there's no guarantee that they want to be a ninja.
It's like, why not all people can use magic in fairytail? Why not all soul society resident want to become shinigami thus allowing them to learn their magic or combat technique? Why not all dragonball resident learn martial art so they could fly?
I believe there are people like rocklee who can't cast ninjutsu, but I don't think that's the reason why most people doesn't use ninjutsu. I think they doesn't use ninjutsu, because you need to become a ninja to learn it. And you need to learn at least it in the academy ninja of hidden ninja village or you have a family who know ninja technique and they're willing to teach you.

Samurai doesn't include because what they do is not real a ninjutsu but more like chakra form manipulation, like rasengan or sakura punch or that Hinata lion pompom.

But yeah kishi never really explore it.

#38 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:24 AM

@touken
Naruto will be spamming flashy jutsu because that's the design of the manga. It already forshadow with the explanation of Kyubi capabilities in chapter one.
The bigger the chakra the greater the Jutsu.

In part 1 only kage level who can do flash attack. Not even kakashi capable to do the same scale of jutsu like hiruzen.
And jiraiya capable to kill a giant snake with giant swamp when he get weak chakra controlled.

@halfdemoninuyasha
Handseal is the equivalent to spell casting in fantasy setting.
Most naruto jutsu doesn't require handseal because it's a chakra form manipulation. While sakura punch is perfect chakra control.

#39 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 02:46 AM

That's the thing. We saw Third Hokage fight. It wasn't flashy. It was just top of the peak. It was strong but no bombs away. I'm not taking away the whole Bijuus, but the problem is that it wasn't just Naruto. Sasuke has one, Madara has one, Obito has one, and pretty much every Edo guys in the war. It should have been kept only in Bijuus, but since it can pass along easily, it got old and lost in the shuffle. Like with other series that really don't explosion, you still get something cool but not need of explosion, like Luffy. Strong but it's no boom and bang. Just hard hitting rubber attack.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 18 August 2015 - 02:46 AM.

#40 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:03 AM

The loss of passion and creativity gave birth to repetitive flashy boom attacks.

Edited by Nostradamus, 18 August 2015 - 03:15 AM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users