72 replies to this topic

#1 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

The scanlating site Mangastream has made an official announcement that they will no longer translate manga that is distributed by Viz media like Naruto and Bleach. Well, this really sucks. Anyone else know other scanlation sites that still translate Naruto? Does Binktopia still translate it?

R.I.P Naruto Mangastream translations and other manga that won't be translated.

#2 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

Dear MangaStream supporter,

It's with a heavy heart that I make the following announcement. MangaStream will no longer be releasing the following series:

- Naruto
- Bleach
- One Piece
- Hunter x Hunter
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn
- Claymore
- D.Gray-man

VIZ Media has demanded that we end our scanlation work for all of the above. This comes despite our best efforts to pursuade fans into supporting official distributors by being the only group to actively prevent an archive from forming on their website through the removal of chapters that are older than a couple weeks. They've succeeded in little more than invoking inconvenience to the community as their digital magazine missed the mark; it runs several issues behind and only features 3 of the above series. So long as their product continues to be slow, awkward and inferior to something a ragtag group of nobodies can churn out in a few hours - fans will continue to look to scanlation groups and aggregators for their weekly fix.

The aggressive and escalating nature of their threats have forced our hand into removing the content. MangaStream will no longer be posting full scanlations for any of the aforementioned series, we will instead focus our efforts onto the series we do that are not licensed by VIZ Media (you can assume everything currently on our directory will be continued).

Our final message to our loyal JUMP audience will be this:
Thank you for supporting us over the past two years and making Mangastream your home away from home. It was a pleasure sharing our time with fans who were just as passionate and dedicated as we were.

Although MangaStream will no longer be hosting any of the Jump series, if it's something our fanbase is interested in, we're considering leveraging our connections to bring you accurate spoiler summaries for the Jump chapters as early as possible. We know this isn't much, but hope it can whet your appetite until the dozens of aggregators release the official Jump chapters on Wednesday.

I think this ties into the betrayal of one of their higher ranking members it seems that first one went, then the forums, now this.

Edited by Insurrection, 12 February 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#3 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#4 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

Mangareader's not really bad. I've always checked there first.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#5 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:24 AM

When will VIZ, Shonen and Shuesha learn that the answer isn't shutting down every scantilator possible it's to hire these people that can put your manga out faster then you can. It's like Newspapers trying to shut down Huffington Post or Drudge.

Edited by Insurrection, 12 February 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#6 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

Do they have a place where I can just pay to view? I'd certainly do that until Naruto is over.

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#7 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Feb 11 2012, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Er... if you mean you believe they will continue the scanlation in mangastream's place... they just put up mangastream's versions of Naruto, not their own. So probably won't happen.

QUOTE (al0eaz @ Feb 11 2012, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do they have a place where I can just pay to view? I'd certainly do that until Naruto is over.

The viz site, I think. They have an app that gets you get the most current issues faster via online, but it's a 3-week lag. I've never understood why they aren't able to do this within the same time frame as scanlation groups, especially when they are being paid to do it. I suppose maybe workload?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#8 Insurrection

Insurrection

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

My God, I just looked at Viz's facebook wall.

http://www.facebook....&...l&filter=12

They've had nothing but backlash for the past 12 hours.

Edited by Insurrection, 12 February 2012 - 02:39 AM.

#9 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Darth Krypt @ Feb 12 2012, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#10 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (Insurrection @ Feb 11 2012, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My God, I just looked at Viz's facebook wall.

http://www.facebook....&...l&filter=12

They've had nothing but backlash for the past 12 hours.

Maybe if everyone just boycotted it, we'd get mangastream and the other sites back?

#11 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:49 AM

So who here supports the official release of Naruto? If you do, then how? I buy the episodes on iTunes (excluding filler episodes). I'd rather buy the manga, but the way they translate it is so off-putting for me that I buy the anime episodes instead, which I think has a much better translation.

#12 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

This sucks. dry.gif
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#13 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 11 2012, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So who here supports the official release of Naruto? If you do, then how? I buy the episodes on iTunes (excluding filler episodes). I'd rather buy the manga, but the way they translate it is so off-putting for me that I buy the anime episodes instead, which I think has a much better translation.

I buy the manga. If anything its to have something in my hand to read.

#14 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (sardns @ Feb 12 2012, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i buy the manga :O (certain ones i like)

i have a naruto movie also biggrin.gif.....and doll!

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#15 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:47 AM

Well, we lost another source. How many more do we have left?

I guess the lag in issue updates is because they want to have official translations which has to be approved before it hits market, but still.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#16 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 12 2012, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now, I have an app on my iPod allows me to read the latest chapters from most manga. They update the same day the actual chapter is out. wow.png

Is it MangaReader? The one with the orange and blue letters or something?

JA2DBzd.png

#17 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 12 2012, 02:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yuppers! *hands over prize*

I love that app... whatthekitten.gif

Yeah I have that one too.

JA2DBzd.png

#18 merryGOflava

merryGOflava

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 12 2012, 04:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHUT. argh1.png argh1.png argh1.png

Well this is a load of bull. hm.png I've always read the manga from Mangastream... Damn you Viz.

Now, I have an app on my iPod allows me to read the latest chapters from most manga. They update the same day the actual chapter is out. wow.png

@merry: A doll?! OH MY GOD. rawr.gif Thats so cool... I didn't even know they made such things... T^T
Also, where do you buy the manga from? A local bookstore? happy.gif

barnes and noble~~ :DDDDD

and my friend got me the sakura doll XD

tumblr_mp2s5jvShD1svjcb7o1_250.gif

#19 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:45 AM

I can see why Mangastream has to shut down because Viz just started their digital releases with Shonen Jump ALPHA, plus ending regular mail publications. Knowing that there are free scanslations (which are illegal to tell the truth. Nate can fill in the rest if I didn't type in the real details) on the internet, what is the best way to do? Tell the the owners to stop posting it so they can get viewers, which they HAVE to subscribe in order to read manga such as Naruto and One Piece.

Problem about that is that they are weeks behind while the free ones are up-to-date.

Its all about business. (Actually, its all about the MONEY!)

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#20 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Feb 11 2012, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can see why Mangastream has to shut down because Viz just started their digital releases with Shonen Jump ALPHA, plus ending regular mail publications. Knowing that there are free scanslations (which are illegal to tell the truth. Nate can fill in the rest if I didn't type in anything else) on the internet, what is the best way to do? Tell the the owners to stop posting it so they can get viewers, which they HAVE to subscribe in order to read manga such as Naruto and One Piece.

Problem about that is that they are weeks behind while the free ones are up-to-date.

Its all about business. (Actually, its all about the MONEY!)

If they service you have to pay for would get up to date I'd have no problem spending five to ten dollars a month to read. However they are to far behind for me to be interested in at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users