3333 replies to this topic

#2241 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:06 AM

There a Boruto new video on youtube called "caught." So, it looks like they finally allowed Bolt to be caught to continue the plot. They just wanted him to defeat everyone to show how better he is then everyone else first.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 13 June 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#2242 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Well Bail I saw a vid say what DB can learn from Boruto.

And yes Many and I mean many Boruto fans were there saying how great Boruto is beter than DBZ or DB or other anime like once piece and so on.

#2243 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

There a Boruto new video on youtube called "caught." So, it looks like they finally allowed Bolt to be caught to continue the plot. They just wanted him to defeat everyone to show how better he is then everyone else first.

They wanted him to defeat everyone first without cheating? I am curious if he does cheat and they have Naruto notice the device, but not use it all. If they do that then it turns Naruto into an even bigger scumbag by disqualifying his son for a device he didn't use...or at least this is the tone they might be going for.

It's so funny how Kishimoto version of events and SP/Kodachi version of events just differ so much. They have a hint of familiarity, but they differ in so many details.

Like the more they keep changing...the more they prove just how all of this...NH, Boruto, the next generation, everything was never Kishimoto's intention. If it wasn't already obvious they just keep adding more proof as to why none of this was Kishimoto's idea.I can see why Kishimoto just gave up. Even if Kishimoto did have a good idea or a good way of writing the story they change it anyway to whatever they want it to be for the sake of their own purpose. If I was Kishimoto I would have given up too and said "I just want it to end and move on."

Although, perhaps I wouldn't have. Maybe I couldn't make it better or stop them from making stupid Naruto movies and stories, but at least I could end my series I was actually doing end with somethings I wanted.

So it makes me really question...what really stopped NaruSaku and SasuKarin from being canon? They had the set up, the evidence was there, and both couples needed no extra explaination to push it forward...so why such a heel turn on them? I am starting not to believe the whole "The fanbase wanted it this way" as the reason, but more like the excuse seeing how most of the fanbase was either okay or wanted NS to be the canon pairing if SNS was not viable. To most, NS was the best thing if not THE best thing with SasuKarin being the second or third. So what really happened?

I really think they just forced it on Kishimoto. Like throwing the contract at him or threatening him with something and he just didn't want to go through with the headache.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2244 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

They wanted him to defeat everyone first without cheating? I am curious if he does cheat and they have Naruto notice the device, but not use it all. If they do that then it turns Naruto into an even bigger scumbag by disqualifying his son for a device he didn't use...or at least this is the tone they might be going for.

It's so funny how Kishimoto version of events and SP/Kodachi version of events just differ so much. They have a hint of familiarity, but they differ in so many details.

Like the more they keep changing...the more they prove just how all of this...NH, Boruto, the next generation, everything was never Kishimoto's intention. If it wasn't already obvious they just keep adding more proof as to why none of this was Kishimoto's idea.I can see why Kishimoto just gave up. Even if Kishimoto did have a good idea or a good way of writing the story they change it anyway to whatever they want it to be for the sake of their own purpose. If I was Kishimoto I would have given up too and said "I just want it to end and move on."

Although, perhaps I wouldn't have. Maybe I couldn't make it better or stop them from making stupid Naruto movies and stories, but at least I could end my series I was actually doing end with somethings I wanted.

So it makes me really question...what really stopped NaruSaku and SasuKarin from being canon? They had the set up, the evidence was there, and both couples needed no extra explaination to push it forward...so why such a heel turn on them? I am starting not to believe the whole "The fanbase wanted it this way" as the reason, but more like the excuse seeing how most of the fanbase was either okay or wanted NS to be the canon pairing if SNS was not viable. To most, NS was the best thing if not THE best thing with SasuKarin being the second or third. So what really happened?

I really think they just forced it on Kishimoto. Like throwing the contract at him or threatening him with something and he just didn't want to go through with the headache.

Didn't watch it, but they wanted him to defeat everyone first before getting caught. In order to get caught you had to have cheated, but again people may feel like you all and that using the device isn't even cheating in the first place. So this shows that Bolt won the exam (as far as the anime is concern,) instead of barely squeaking by due to his teammates carrying him, and cheating (which happens in the movie and the manga.)

Is this kodachi, and not just SP? Honestly it doesn't matter. SP wants every episode they have ever done for the Naruto franchise to be consider canon. So they have to follow the manga, but they are going to softly recton everything they can to fit their narrative. Bolt is a lazy spoiled brat that was barely able to eke by the chunin exam by cheating  was hanged to he is the greatest of his generation and everyone would had to acknowledge that; if only he didn't get caught cheating. Kishimoto wants to be done with this but they won't let he leave. Hopefully, he will finally be able to leave by the end of this year.

There probably more to it then this to why they keep going with Boruto: The Naruto team at SP was full of Hinata fanatic, they found out about the US nH fans, and used them to say the international fanbase supports nH. Even when the truth was found out. They refuse to turn the ship around, and since SP doesn't have any other anime to support itself it is stuck doing Boruto since they also could risk angering the few fans they have left for the hopes the larger fanbase may return; they already took the risk with nH. Black Clover was an attempt among others to try getting other anime to support the company. Since SP has close ties to SJ they keeping Boruto going for them. They also don't the humiliation of acknowledging they did a cheap cash grab that backfire so spectacularly. 

#2245 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:32 PM

James,

I think one of the things you have to remember is that as a mainstream series, Naruto appealed to a lot of different groups. A lot of anime out there are geared towards otaku and video sales, but Naruto was able to reach outside of that group. It was popular with kids, selling them comics, games, toys and the like, Not to mention the long-term fans who continued to read over 15 years. This is why it was one of the "big three," a counterpart to Dragonball for the 2000s. They're the larger crowd.

But it's the otaku crowd that creates fanworks. It's these guys who are going to participate in the online fandom, make videos and watch videos. Regular fans make their voices known with their wallet, but in the meantime otaku are the ones making themselves heard.

And of course we have Miyazaki's famous quote about otaku ruining the industry as they don't like looking at normal people. It kinda reminds me of a video Wisecrack did the other day, saying The Big Bang Theory doesn't depict what nerds are actually like. It just throws out references to things nerds like and science in order to come across as what people think nerds are. In the end, it's not a show about people but a show about a stereotype, disconnected from any sort of meaning to what they say.

I say this because Hinata being loved by a lot of people who worked on the show at SP is pretty much common knowledge, though I can't help but think they weren't involved with the Rock Lee spinoff hence why we get her being called a stalker and peed on.

I think this is ultimately what we've seen with Naruto. They catered to a vocal part of the fandom, driving away a lot of long-time fans while also stripping away meaning. In the end, Kishimoto ultimately saw his manga as just another shonen. I think the thing is though as the studio began listening to the otaku, they began stripping the meaning away from the series in order to cater until to it's original creator it was just another comic. The Naruto and Sakura moments had to be discredited for Hinata, earning Naruto the title of scumbag by the fandom. We see Naruto continue the ninja system in order to create a next generation story in spite of all the hardship and horror he's been told about over the course of the series, making all those stories just fly over his head. They give Naruto more and more powerups to be cool, ruining the hard work theme of part I. We can go over this all day.

This is why a major part of the fanbase has ended up trashing the series. The more they tried to milk it, the less it resembled what attracted so many people to the orange-clad ninja. We weren't getting Naruto anymore as it transitioned into being Boruto's Dad: The Early Years. And it turns out there was a lot of us out there, while NaruHina wasn't nearly as universally beloved as they thought because they were listening to the types who make youtube videos talking about anime.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#2246 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

@RulesofNature

And its many of them either better than Naruto cause it has none of the flaws like many say Boruto is better than Naruto cause he is not stupid like Naruto was and Sarada is useful, there are many more but again it seems they don't care what happend to Naruto and the rest as the one only to get away lightly are Hinata and Sasuke.

That's how I see it at least, but we need to remember when the first manga chapter of Boruto came out and Hinata's boobs were small the fandom went nuts.

#2247 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:35 AM

James,

I think one of the things you have to remember is that as a mainstream series, Naruto appealed to a lot of different groups. A lot of anime out there are geared towards otaku and video sales, but Naruto was able to reach outside of that group. It was popular with kids, selling them comics, games, toys and the like, Not to mention the long-term fans who continued to read over 15 years. This is why it was one of the "big three," a counterpart to Dragonball for the 2000s. They're the larger crowd.

But it's the otaku crowd that creates fanworks. It's these guys who are going to participate in the online fandom, make videos and watch videos. Regular fans make their voices known with their wallet, but in the meantime otaku are the ones making themselves heard.

And of course we have Miyazaki's famous quote about otaku ruining the industry as they don't like looking at normal people. It kinda reminds me of a video Wisecrack did the other day, saying The Big Bang Theory doesn't depict what nerds are actually like. It just throws out references to things nerds like and science in order to come across as what people think nerds are. In the end, it's not a show about people but a show about a stereotype, disconnected from any sort of meaning to what they say.

I say this because Hinata being loved by a lot of people who worked on the show at SP is pretty much common knowledge, though I can't help but think they weren't involved with the Rock Lee spinoff hence why we get her being called a stalker and peed on.

I think this is ultimately what we've seen with Naruto. They catered to a vocal part of the fandom, driving away a lot of long-time fans while also stripping away meaning. In the end, Kishimoto ultimately saw his manga as just another shonen. I think the thing is though as the studio began listening to the otaku, they began stripping the meaning away from the series in order to cater until to it's original creator it was just another comic. The Naruto and Sakura moments had to be discredited for Hinata, earning Naruto the title of scumbag by the fandom. We see Naruto continue the ninja system in order to create a next generation story in spite of all the hardship and horror he's been told about over the course of the series, making all those stories just fly over his head. They give Naruto more and more powerups to be cool, ruining the hard work theme of part I. We can go over this all day.

This is why a major part of the fanbase has ended up trashing the series. The more they tried to milk it, the less it resembled what attracted so many people to the orange-clad ninja. We weren't getting Naruto anymore as it transitioned into being Boruto's Dad: The Early Years. And it turns out there was a lot of us out there, while NaruHina wasn't nearly as universally beloved as they thought because they were listening to the types who make youtube videos talking about anime.

That's the thing, it seems SP hasn't learned the internet is not always the best indicator for a product's success. You can go to a bunch of sites that say one opinion, and go several others that say another. How can you tell which is the majority opinion, and in the case of the entertainment industry, who's actually going to buy your product? You can't.

Scott Pilgrim is a good example. When the movie was coming out, fans were excited, the trailers and adds got a bunch of hits. And guess what happened? It bombed. It was a niche movie that catered to a very small fanbase, because hardly anyone heard of Scott Pilgrim to begin with, and those new people who saw the adds didn't get why this live action movie had all these video game tropes.

Also, if NaruHIna was crucial to the series' success, why was it doing so well before hand? Some people claimed that they saw the endgame pairings happening since the beginning, but I think most of them agree there was not much substantial to warrant a movie and all the attention being focused on the pairings. I think I saw Namesh mentioning the manga sales actually dropped rather substantially after Vol 64 where Neji died and NaruHIna "officially" became canon. That should have clued them in something wasn't right, but by then the movie was in production anyway, so I guess they just had to go with it. 

There's also the fact to consider the age of digital media Naruto came into when it reached the international market. Mangascans, youtube.., no matter how much the companies tried this free material would appear elsewhere. I suppose SP thought that by catering to the most vocal fanbase they would bring in more money, but there's a fatal flaw in this strategy: If they were already enjoying the material for free, what can you really offer them to make them go out and pay for it? You don't alter your product to fight piracy; instead you aim to make it so good it does well DESPITE piracy. 

And let's not forget what the hits on youtube actually tell us. On paper, 300k sounds like a lot of people, as well as getting over 100k views. But let us not forget, most major cities have populations that easily exceed those numbers by wide margins. On top of that, you don't even know if the people watching the videos or leaving comments are from a country where your product is even liscensed. Let us not forget, a video gets a view if one person chooses to watch the video for more than 30 seconds. You have no idea if they even liked what they saw, and those that did will often come back to watch it again, giving it more views. 

The lesson to take from this is to not fully base your projections on the internet. It's a tricky place to accurately gauge popular opinion, and even trickier to find out if you can actually make money off of them.

#2248 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

And let's not forget what the hits on youtube actually tell us. On paper, 300k sounds like a lot of people

That isn't a lot of views by YT standards. It's absolutely pathetic if they let that influence them. I hate to think what they would have done if they saw how many views some videos got. It would probably end up being canon that Hinata married Markiplier after the war ended.

#2249 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

Boruto episode 62 "The Otsutsuki Invasion"

Momoshiki, Kinshiki and Urashiki of the Otsutsuki Clan suddenly appear in the arena filled with spectators. Using his Scientific Ninja Tool, Boruto hurls jutsu after jutsu to no avail against Momoshiki, who is targeting Naruto. Meanwhile, Urashiki is curious about Mitsuki's strange power and goes after him, but he is confronted by Gaara along with the Mizukage Chojuro. Naruto and the other ninja do all they can to protect the citizens, and for the first time, Boruto witnesses the magnitude of his father's power in real combat.

So in the end he use the cheating device to attack the stupidsuki clan. "for the first time, Boruto witnesses the magnitude of his father's power in real combat" ... :lmao: :lmao:

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#2250 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

Momoshiki, Kinshiki and Urashiki of the Otsutsuki Clan suddenly appear in the arena filled with spectators. Using his Scientific Ninja Tool, Boruto hurls jutsu after jutsu to no avail against Momoshiki, who is targeting Naruto. Meanwhile, Urashiki is curious about Mitsuki's strange power and goes after him, but he is confronted by Gaara along with the Mizukage Chojuro. Naruto and the other ninja do all they can to protect the citizens, and for the first time, Boruto witnesses the magnitude of his father's power in real combat.

So in the end he use the cheating device to attack the stupidsuki clan. "for the first time, Boruto witnesses the magnitude of his father's power in real combat" ... :lmao: :lmao:

...They added another one? Ugh. I recall Bolt sending out one jutsu and seeing it get absorb by the eye, which is why his disappearing rasengan became important later.

Yes that was implied in the other iteration that this was the first time Bolt really saw Naruto fight.

That isn't a lot of views by YT standards. It's absolutely pathetic if they let that influence them. I hate to think what they would have done if they saw how many views some videos got. It would probably end up being canon that Hinata married Markiplier after the war ended.

Sometimes Boruto video can go over a million, but the question remains; "how many of those people that watch it online also financially support it?"

That's the thing, it seems SP hasn't learned the internet is not always the best indicator for a product's success. You can go to a bunch of sites that say one opinion, and go several others that say another. How can you tell which is the majority opinion, and in the case of the entertainment industry, who's actually going to buy your product? You can't.

Scott Pilgrim is a good example. When the movie was coming out, fans were excited, the trailers and adds got a bunch of hits. And guess what happened? It bombed. It was a niche movie that catered to a very small fanbase, because hardly anyone heard of Scott Pilgrim to begin with, and those new people who saw the adds didn't get why this live action movie had all these video game tropes.

Also, if NaruHIna was crucial to the series' success, why was it doing so well before hand? Some people claimed that they saw the endgame pairings happening since the beginning, but I think most of them agree there was not much substantial to warrant a movie and all the attention being focused on the pairings. I think I saw Namesh mentioning the manga sales actually dropped rather substantially after Vol 64 where Neji died and NaruHIna "officially" became canon. That should have clued them in something wasn't right, but by then the movie was in production anyway, so I guess they just had to go with it. 

There's also the fact to consider the age of digital media Naruto came into when it reached the international market. Mangascans, youtube.., no matter how much the companies tried this free material would appear elsewhere. I suppose SP thought that by catering to the most vocal fanbase they would bring in more money, but there's a fatal flaw in this strategy: If they were already enjoying the material for free, what can you really offer them to make them go out and pay for it? You don't alter your product to fight piracy; instead you aim to make it so good it does well DESPITE piracy. 

And let's not forget what the hits on youtube actually tell us. On paper, 300k sounds like a lot of people, as well as getting over 100k views. But let us not forget, most major cities have populations that easily exceed those numbers by wide margins. On top of that, you don't even know if the people watching the videos or leaving comments are from a country where your product is even liscensed. Let us not forget, a video gets a view if one person chooses to watch the video for more than 30 seconds. You have no idea if they even liked what they saw, and those that did will often come back to watch it again, giving it more views. 

The lesson to take from this is to not fully base your projections on the internet. It's a tricky place to accurately gauge popular opinion, and even trickier to find out if you can actually make money off of them.

They assumed US Anime fans of the Millennial generation would be the same as the Japanese Otaku.

Japanese Otaku spend all their money on anime products (figures, video games, posters, love pillows, ect.) of their favorite anime.

American Millennials are cheapskates for the most part. A lot are college educated by this point which means they have college debts they need to pay off. A lot of them don't have job or only have minimum wage job so they don't have a lot of disposable income. Socialism and its ilk have become popular among certain circle, and they despises the idea of having to pay for stuff. They are entitled brat so they get offended by the idea they have to pay for something, and if they even spend a penny they will behave like the have full copyrights to it.

So SP tried it believing that their cultural norm of the Otaku will buy everything if they give them what they want to the US nH fanbase that is full of annoying entitled moralizing cheapskates.

#2251 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

In my opinion whenever japanese people trying to cater to western fan , 90% of a time they will ended up with failure. I saw this in anime and video game industries , especially video game industries. I think there's a fine line between making money base on what people/customers wants , or making money base on what you passionate about. In Naruto case i think it start off as passion and love of manga , from a man who love reading manga and aim to be come a mangaka Kishimoto start his story. But as time pass things become different , it's no longer become what he love and passionate about , it starting to become what is the fans wants??. It's like when you late the train will leave , the train will never wait for you and you are the one that have to wake up early and catch the train. But the rule change into , no matter how much you overslept or late the train will always be there to wait for you , isn't that ridiculous?.

#2252 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

People are talking about the US NH fanbase and they a majority for what we seen in the fanbase, but two things. 1. Kishimoto made a comment that he didn't know about the pairing debates and the passion behind them until much later and 2. they supposedly made a decision based off two youtube videos by obviously bias NH fans. (Aka Sawyer.) They took one, maybe two opinion's and said "Oh this is what the fandom must want." Yet, when I see the Naruto fanbase as a whole only in America is NH the predominate pairing choice. Everywhere else (Japan, Europe, Spanish countries, and so many more,) the Naruto fandom there were more NS and hated Hinata's character. So why did America's opinion of it all outweigh the rest of the world? Kishimoto even said in the SP crew they wer eeven split down the middle with one side wanting NS and the other wanting NH.

My theory? NH fans were just in higher positions to make decisions. If all your workers are NS fans, but your boss is a NH fan...you are probably going to listen to what your boss tells you. That's why I see them using the "because the majority fanbase was NH" as an excuse because they talked about it like saying "We saw two videos and this is how we knew NH was the most popular," but look at Shonen Jumps polls in Japan and you see that Hinata and NH are not even in the top ten most popular and quite the opposite they are in the top ten couples they hate. (with SS too.) How could they ignore this info? If they truly were listening to the fans, how did they ignore this most obvious fan reaction?

It just seems fishy to me. If they truly listened to the fans, NS was globally more popular than NH and SS and SNS was WAAAAY more popular than even that, but sense they couldn't really do SNS....might as well went with the second best.

This is all I am saying.

If I typed NS in google and saw like 8 million hits and then I typed in NH and only saw 4 million hits...I think it would be a more accurate indicator than just going by one or two bias youtube videos.

So they changed it where Boruto doesn't use the cheating device in the actual exam and just against a real enemy? Wow, that is almost completely changing Kishi's work.

There is your difference, Bail, Kishi makes Boruto into an uneducated, but potentially powerful ninja who originally cheats to get his way, while Kodachi/SP makes Boruto into a gary stu who can do no wrong.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 14 June 2018 - 05:35 PM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2253 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:11 AM

There is your difference, Bail, Kishi makes Boruto into an uneducated, but potentially powerful ninja who originally cheats to get his way, while Kodachi/SP makes Boruto into a gary stu who can do no wrong.

Oh, god dammit... X_X Studio Pierrot and Kodachi are so stupid!  :wallbash: And it shows what a big mistake Kishi made trusting them to "continue" his work.

#2254 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:29 AM

Oh, god dammit... X_X Studio Pierrot and Kodachi are so stupid!  :wallbash: And it shows what a big mistake Kishi made trusting them to "continue" his work.

Ya cause gary and Mary stu characters are always like and make great main characters not. I'm sure I'm wrong that feel free to correct me on where it worked.

#2255 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

Ya cause gary and Mary stu characters are always like and make great main characters not. I'm sure I'm wrong that feel free to correct me on where it worked.

Some Gary Stu and Mary Stu characters can be great main characters. Most do not because they are written so weirdly that they are like a fored Mary Su.
Ainz from Overlord is good.
Saitama from OPM obviously.
Usui from Maid-Sama was great too.
Sakamoto from Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

Edited by James S Cassidy, 15 June 2018 - 07:00 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#2256 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:22 AM

I saw a video somewhere that stated for a gary Stu cahracter to be interesting, they need to have some internal conflict or moral dilemma to make them seem more relate-able and I suppose that is true

Edited by Phantom_999, 16 June 2018 - 12:43 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#2257 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:50 AM

Some Gary Stu and Mary Stu characters can be great main characters. Most do not because they are written so weirdly that they are like a fored Mary Su.
Ainz from Overlord is good.
Saitama from OPM obviously.
Usui from Maid-Sama was great too.
Sakamoto from Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

You could add Godai Yusuke from Kamen Rider Kuuga to that list. He kinda proves one of my big points with Sue characters, they can work but they can't be the major focus of the story. Godai is the classic hero, skilled at a wide variety of talents and they even pull "he's too strong" as a fault. Granted, when his kicks begin creating explosions 3km in radius IIRC, yeah. Him being too strong kinda becomes an issue around Tokyo.

golden-red-kuuga-rider-kick.gif?w=625

But Godai wasn't the main focus of the show despite being the hero. The Grongi threat were treated, well, realistically. We saw the public react to monsters murdering people for sport, as well as the police try to develop methods to fight them themselves. Not to mention trying to decipher the ancient texts that outline Kuuga's powers while dealing with each threat. It showed how frightening it would be to live in the world of Kamen Rider, but it also made Godai's heroism seem all the more important.

If you have the Sue as a side character, like a perfect rival for a flawed protagonist (like Ned Flanders in the earliest Simpsons episodes), a mentor or just playing it for laughs, it can work. But to create tension with a Sue main character, you're going to have to go multiple extra miles.

Cast in point, Godai's final fight.

https://youtu.be/pnwNFbFB-lY

Edited by RulesofNature, 16 June 2018 - 02:52 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#2258 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:25 AM

From episode 62 , i don't watch boruto movie yet so i don't know how much they changed here. This is where boruto using the cheating device on stupidsuki clan. The last part makes me puke the moment boruto realize his beloved daddy is a saint :lmao: , maybe i'm just a salty hater at this point , i admit i can't judge things fairly / professionally anymore whenever it comes to boruto.

#2259 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:56 AM

...They added another one? Ugh. I recall Bolt sending out one jutsu and seeing it get absorb by the eye, which is why his disappearing rasengan became important later.

Yes that was implied in the other iteration that this was the first time Bolt really saw Naruto fight.

Sometimes Boruto video can go over a million, but the question remains; "how many of those people that watch it online also financially support it?"

They assumed US Anime fans of the Millennial generation would be the same as the Japanese Otaku.

Japanese Otaku spend all their money on anime products (figures, video games, posters, love pillows, ect.) of their favorite anime.

American Millennials are cheapskates for the most part. A lot are college educated by this point which means they have college debts they need to pay off. A lot of them don't have job or only have minimum wage job so they don't have a lot of disposable income. Socialism and its ilk have become popular among certain circle, and they despises the idea of having to pay for stuff. They are entitled brat so they get offended by the idea they have to pay for something, and if they even spend a penny they will behave like the have full copyrights to it.

So SP tried it believing that their cultural norm of the Otaku will buy everything if they give them what they want to the US nH fanbase that is full of annoying entitled moralizing cheapskates.

This probably belongs in the politics threads, but I doubt pirating anime has anything to do with socialism (when people talk about this term they're usually talking about being provided necessities). It's just the simple truth of human nature: WE LIKE FREE STUFF. I had a roommate who was an anime fan and quite conservative, and he got most of his stuff for free. He would never defend it though; if one of his favorite sites was shut down, he would just smile and say "Hey, that's the law" If you had a choice between paying for something and getting something for free with no consequence, which are you going to pick? Most everyone would go for the latter.

Okay. That's over. Anyway, yes, the merchandising is another stark difference between the anime fanbases. The fans over there will buy most of the merchandise they offer, both because they tend to be more obsessive than westerners and want to support the series' they like, but here, it's usually just the show and manga, IF they're lucky. To be fair, Naruto has been pretty successful in selling other merchandise in the west, but it still pales in comparison to Japan. I'm still laughing at the rumors I heard about the Last merchandise not selling.

#2260 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 02:31 AM

From episode 62 , i don't watch boruto movie yet so i don't know how much they changed here. This is where boruto using the cheating device on stupidsuki clan. The last part makes me puke the moment boruto realize his beloved daddy is a saint :lmao: , maybe i'm just a salty hater at this point , i admit i can't judge things fairly / professionally anymore whenever it comes to boruto.

For this it's okay to be salty because its not good :zaru:

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 June 2018 - 02:36 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users