#1 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

I just finished season 1 of it (24 episodes) anyone else seen it?

If not I highly recomend it. Good love story in it.

#2 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, I watched it about a year ago. It was a great anime, but sadly they stopped making it even though there were still a couple of light novels to animate. I hear Kazuma is quite badass in the light novels, so I would really like to read them. I don't expect another season of the anime show though, but we can still hope.

Anyway, this was the show that made me obsessed with wind-natured powers. Seriously, you'll have too look hard to find anything cooler than that.

Btw, I edited the title. It's Kaze no Stigma, not Kage! wink.gif

#3 alucard

alucard

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:computer, games, anime, manga and alot of random things:D

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:58 PM

Ya i seem to get alot of mistakes on typing haha:) idk i read up on some places and rumor's saying theyre may be a season 2 next year or years to come so i guess iam kinda holding out hope for it. Would be awsome to have a 2nd season. If only these types of anime would last longer. shamefulcry0js.gif

#4 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 28 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

I agree. A sequel would be awesome, and there's more than enough material to work with. Who knows, maybe we will get to see a second season? I'll watch it for sure!

#5 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:50 PM

Ive seen it. It is a great anime, and kazuma is quite badass and has awesome wind powers lol. Im quite sure they wont bother with a season 2 though.

#6 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:59 PM

Well I watched this anime after recommendation from the two guys posting above me^

So I saw it all of yesterday and finished the 24th episode...two hours ago with my friend. It was pretty cool watching it with him on 72 inch plasma screen in high definition. A lot of pizza boxes, Chinese takeout, chips, and soda. Quite an experience of laziness I dare say! Overall I'd say it was a mediocre anime. Not insanely epic nor insanely lame, just kinda in the middle. What really drew me to it was the elemental basis and the sort of feudal draw with different clans. And elemental mages in common day times? Yes please!

The main character, Kazuma, is just super badass. I think that's what kept me in watching the anime all the way through. He's a different take since his personality is quite intriguing with someone who was weak and outcasted by his family when he was younger, yet overtime over comes that and becomes really powerful. He's cool, clever, strong, dark, snide, greedy, funny, lazy, maniac, and so much more. A good mix of both good and bad which can be only described as simply 'badass'. He's dimensional that even though he is overpowered there is a part of him that shows his inert weakness (i.e. his past and relations with a special girl) and his self goal to protect everything he holds precious (yeah overdone theme, but I like cliches).

That said the main female lead is quite intriguing as well. At first Ayano is hot headed, clumsy, rash, and head strong, but as the series progresses she develops very well and matures greatly as she develops her personality through her adventures with Kazuma. She wants to become stronger and live up to her clans honor as well as get as strong as Kazuma. I like how she says "I don't want to stand behind you and be protected; I want to be there to be there beside you and help you" and really struck to me as a vast improvement in not only her physical strength, but her mentality as well.

And of course the Kazuma x Ayano moments that are presented in almost every episode are great. I absolutely love the fact that Kazuma isn't your typical male character that gets beat down by his female counterpart (yes even though I LOVE the tsundere archetype, it's great to see a male character who actually has spine and not take a beating for doing something perverted, and Kazuma is a God damn sex fiend). I think the realization of Ayano's feelings for Kazuma were well progressed over the series as she came to hate his antics and personality to slowly develop admiration and potential love for him. Instances where she would crave his touch or blush by the way he made sensual moves toward her. Yeah its a strong sexual tension between the two (then again Kazuma is fine with his sexuality and Ayano is the one who becomes seriously embarrassed) and whenever they interact its just puts a smile on my face because its a relationship that's full of both happiness and sadness, yet when they are together they bring out the best in each other.

I like the fact that her relation with him includes her constant struggle to become as strong as him, as well as protect what she feels is important to her plus holding up her families honor. Kazuma himself with his little actions whether its a hug or a kiss on the nose/neck are sweet, but his words have more meaning to me especially when he says "You'll grow into a fine woman one day" or "Ciu Ling, you'll always be in my heart, but looks like I have room for someone else as well" really made me enjoy the dynamic and interaction between the two of them.

Now even with these two great characters the series displayed plenty of weaknesses. The plot itself is quite frankly very weak and I find myself disinterested in it compared to the characters. The mini story arcs felt fillerish and not entertaining at points. The fights were alright at best, despite the interesting spin with elemental fusion. I have to admit I do find wind becoming a favorite element with the way Kazuma's character is done, but when you've see one elemental attack, you've basically seen them all.

Also it lacked a lot of depth and I would have enjoyed if it went deeper into the different elemental clans as well as how Kazuma acquired his wind powers (though I guess to be fair to the anime studio they were only working based on novel 5 and it hasn't been explained too much in detail in there either). I would have liked to see more of the story tied around them instead of going off on lots of side quests with wacky adventures (though the ones that focused on Kazuma and Ayano were sort of a guilty pleasure as I enjoyed their interaction a lot) and I'd like to see Kazuma deal more with the Kannagi.

The last few episodes weren't great even though it opened up a lot about Kazuma's past once he was exiled from the Kannagi and we learned a little bit about his life after and so. But, still would have been good to see how he became a contractor with the Wind King, what was the deal with Amalgest, what happened with him and Ciu Ling, and just how he became so powerful. What will Kazuma do now after this incident and how will it effect the plot? A lot of missing pieces to the puzzle and you are left with an incomplete picture that takes away from the series. Despite that I still found it an enjoyable anime and had a good time with my friend. The last episode is open ended and even though its been almost two years it seems there won't be a second season due to the author of the light novels still being sick (I pray he gets better and starts writing). Even with my deep seated hatred for Gonzo, I have to admit they did an 'ok' job with this anime and didn't totally butcher it like their other projects.

Series gets a 6/10 for keeping me entertained but not delivering on many accounts. Just feels like a lot of wasted potential, but again I guess I can't fault it due to it being based on an incomplete light novels series. I guess that's the price you pay for watching things that aren't completed and have been stalled with no clear track of progress in the future. I must say it has opened up my interest in elemental powers and Japanese folklore and given a good male/female lead, but other than that nothing memorable will be left.

I'd love to see a sequel but I guess that's all based on the author's health and release of the light novels for source materials. Plus with Gonzo filing for bankruptcy (thank the Otaku Gods) I hope a better anime studio picks it up like Bones or KyoAni. I'd like to read the light novels but I'm not a fan of keeping up with things that don't have steady track of getting released.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users