Close
Photo

"NaruSaku = Domestic Violence" WHAT? WHAT?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

So I was watching Forneverworlds review of Chapter 615 and came across a comment, the guy/girl said that NaruSaku was the LEAST FEASIBLE pairing in the entire Naruto manga. So you know my instincts told me to reply to that comment, we both began having a debate and not to sound arrogant but IMO I was owning that Sh!t (It was like six versus one) and then one of them said this..

All that means is that Kishi sucks at writing romance... but then again Naruto isn't a story that is driven by romance. In the scheme of things Naruto x Hinata makes the most sense. Naruto x Sakura makes the most sense if you're a fan of domestic violence.

And I replied with..
HAHAHAHA That is rich absolutely rich, NaruSaku makes more sense if you're a fan of domestic violence? Do you even know what Sakura is? Sakura is a Tsundere and when she hits Naruto (The Hero) it's meant for comic relief nothing about Sakura hating Naruto.

A Tsundere is a female Heroine in an Anime who contently hits the protagonist as a way to hide their TRUE feelings. There's a vast amount of Anime that have a Tsundere and 90% of the time they end with the protagonist in the end.

Basically what I'm trying to ask you guys is what makes NH/SS fans think NaruSaku is a relationship filled with DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? Despite Sakura being a Tsundere. (I think I just answered my own question)

Do mind me being here...

#2 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

I challenge them this. If THAT is domestic violence, then what is this?

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#3 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

Yeah, for a SS fan in particular, this "domestic violence" argument can be shot down easily.

I don't really need to explain how. It's pretty self-explanatory.

A healthy home relationship. smile.gif

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 29 December 2012 - 08:38 AM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#4 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

@James S Cassidy

Hinata always reminded me of Shinobu from Love Hina. She got very significant scenes with Keitaro, even more so than any of what Hinata has gotten with Naruto. And yet Keitaro never saw her as a possible romantic partner.

As Keitaro's heart was always with Naru, so is Naruto's heart with Sakura.

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Dec 29 2012, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@James S Cassidy

Hinata always reminded me of Shinobu from Love Hina. She got very significant scenes with Keitaro, even more so than any of what Hinata has gotten with Naruto. And yet Keitaro never saw her as a possible romantic partner.

As Keitaro's heart was always with Naru, so is Naruto's heart with Sakura.

Yeah, and ironic enough that didn't stop her from hitting him with a frying pan in later volumes. It was even lampshaded, I believe is the term, when Shinobu was like "Where did this come from?"

Oh and just in case someone tries to use the "Love Hina is a harem and not a Shonen." Well, there is anther Shonen with a guy and two girls who had a crush on the main character with one abusing him and the other actually berating the other for it. It is a little Shonen I call "Rurouni Kenshin."
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 TheClover

TheClover

Not with that yangire attitude, young lady.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Ask! :)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:16 PM

In the case of NH fans, I think they have a softer side for the shy, moe girl because they feel as though they can relate to her in the sense that their personality is similar to her and/or that they've been the underdog in love before, and thus Hinata "deserves" to win. As for Sakura, she is mainly not well-received by said NH fans in the west, because many people here don't know about the concept of tsundere. Even if they do, it seems strange to them and they still feel more connected to Hinata, their picture of a perfect girlfriend.

In the case of SS fans? Um, wow. It's pretty ironic to call NS a relationship with "domestic violence" when their own ship is a massive package of angst and pain with an extra helping of sadness. They seem to prefer her when she's going to depressing lengths to fangirl over the bad boy and miraculously change him as opposed to a much healthier relationship where she gets to express herself. It's truly funny how they tell us that by shipping NS, we're not thinking of Sakura's feelings.

#7 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

I would like have some domestic violence with a woman like sakura mwahaha.gif

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#8 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

If that person think NS is domestic violence, I don't see how him or her can like any other cannon manga pairing. In almost every shounen, the girl who ends up with the boy, hits the boy. It doesn't matter what we think, Kishimoto is trying to be funny.

ナルサク

#9 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Dec 29 2012, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, for a SS fan in particular, this "domestic violence" argument can be shot down easily.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with your partner trying to kill you. (Sarcasm)
Do mind me being here...

#10 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

QUOTE (MakeMoneyEatRice @ Dec 29 2012, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And there's absolutely nothing wrong with your partner trying to kill you. (Sarcasm)

Lol I remember writing a comment on an NS video on YT "Just imagine them telling their love story to their kids".

Edited by sushi., 29 December 2012 - 01:31 PM.

ナルサク

#11 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Dec 29 2012, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol I remember writing a comment on an NS video on YT "Just imagine them telling their love story to their kids".

SS son with a sharingan 3 tomoe actived, 12 old years: "Mum! Dad! How did you fall in love each other!!!!?"
Sakura *blush*
Sasuke is shy
Sakura: Well, kid... A long time ago I and your father tried to kill each other, many times. So romantic!!! KYAAA *blush*
Sasuke smiles
SS son: WOOOOW! Cool!

yeah cool

Edited by 六道仙人, 29 December 2012 - 01:35 PM.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#12 AnaHatakechan

AnaHatakechan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (MakeMoneyEatRice @ Dec 29 2012, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I was watching Forneverworlds review of Chapter 615 and came across a comment, the guy/girl said that NaruSaku was the LEAST FEASIBLE pairing in the entire Naruto manga. So you know my instincts told me to reply to that comment, we both began having a debate and not to sound arrogant but IMO I was owning that Sh!t (It was like six versus one) and then one of them said this..

And I replied with..

Basically what I'm trying to ask you guys is what makes NH/SS fans think NaruSaku is a relationship filled with DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? Despite Sakura being a . (I think I just answered my own question)

NH/SS fans are arrogant and try to convince themselves that there is no possible way of NaruSaku becoming canon by making up some poor excuses that don't seem to have any relevance to the overall plot of the series and use filler episodes/anytime Naruto and Hinata appear in the same panel/episode as proof of their ship being canon.

Fans like these say that NaruSaku is domestic abuse because Sakura has a very short temper and lashes out when Naruto either offends her with a smug comment or if he has stepped out of line. They take this too seriously and think its because Sakura STILL hates Naruto like she did in part one. They don't take it into account that its actually suppose to be funny whether someone laughs or not. I mostly blame the anime for this, because the anime makes Sakura look a lot more 'agressive' than she actually is. Sakura has only hit Naruto about twice in part two (if I remember correctly) but in the anime she hits him near enough every episode.

NaruHina fans are bias, so are NaruSaku fans. We all are to a degree but I find NaruHina/SasuSaku make up a lot of excuses which obviously includes the 'domestic abuse' argument (I'm guessing they think domestic abuse is just hitting your supposed lover, it's ALOT more) and my favourite bias argument "NaruSaku is JUST brother/sister, if it were to happen it'd be like incest"

And remember a lot of these fans probably don't know what a tsundere is, I replied to a comment a NaruHina fan said on on discussion video saying
"You do realise Sakura is a tsundere right?"
They simply met my question with
"LOL!!! It's Tsunade! LOL NaruSaku fans are so stupid they don't even know how to spell Tsunade's name!!!! LOL!"
:/

Edited by AnaHatakechan, 29 December 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#13 Glenn

Glenn

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (AnaHatakechan @ Dec 29 2012, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And remember a lot of these fans probably don't know what a tsundere is, I replied to a comment a NaruHina fan said on on discussion video saying
"LOL!!! It's Tsunade! LOL NaruSaku fans are so stupid they don't even know how to spell Tsunade's name!!!! LOL!"

laugh.gif

It amazes me how NH/SS fans take what Kishi intended to be comic relief as prove that NS will never exist. huh.gif

#14 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I just have to reply. Trust me when I say this, I have seen much worse than Sakura. Sakura is a shy girl compare to others. The video that was posted here is worse, not to mention one episode I believe there was over 5. Hell, one of them managed to connect without being so close to the point even the main guy comment on it. So yeah, it's either newcomers of anime or they just don't want to see it anymore, which is here to stay forever. That or they don't want a guy to be dominated by a girl, which is sexist and some do see this way. It's all about how it's presented. People need to lookup more.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 29 December 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#15 MakeMoneyEatRice

MakeMoneyEatRice

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (AnaHatakechan @ Dec 29 2012, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NH/SS fans are arrogant and try to convince themselves that there is no possible way of NaruSaku becoming canon by making up some poor excuses that don't seem to have any relevance to the overall plot of the series and use filler episodes/anytime Naruto and Hinata appear in the same panel/episode as proof of their ship being canon.

Fans like these say that NaruSaku is domestic abuse because Sakura has a very short temper and lashes out when Naruto either offends her with a smug comment or if he has stepped out of line. They take this too seriously and think its because Sakura STILL hates Naruto like she did in part one. They don't take it into account that its actually suppose to be funny whether someone laughs or not. I mostly blame the anime for this, because the anime makes Sakura look a lot more 'agressive' than she actually is. Sakura has only hit Naruto about twice in part two (if I remember correctly) but in the anime she hits him near enough every episode.

NaruHina fans are bias, so are NaruSaku fans. We all are to a degree but I find NaruHina/SasuSaku make up a lot of excuses which obviously includes the 'domestic abuse' argument (I'm guessing they think domestic abuse is just hitting your supposed lover, it's ALOT more) and my favourite bias argument "NaruSaku is JUST brother/sister, if it were to happen it'd be like incest"

I think I laughed more than I should have.
Do mind me being here...

#16 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

I don't even think Sakura can be classed any a Tsundere, especially in later chapters.

She outgrew the hitting thing and has become very tender towards Naruto. Sure, she hits him here and there, but not as much as most tsundere do. She's more likely to hug him than hit him, or even a slight bop in the head when Naruto's being stupid. Sure, she's got some tsundere qualities, but, by and large, she's more tender and maybe even a bit shy than anything.

Probably one of the reasons why I like Sakura and a testament to Kishi's writing skills (well, back when the story was actually decent), Sakura managed to outgrow and subvert the Tsundere Love Interest characteristic and gave her a nice balance of toughness and tenderness.

#17 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Jeez, really, they think it's like domestic violence. It's not like this is the only manga or anime where characters like Sakura are around.

As others have mentioned there's Love Hina. There's also Shaman King with Yoh and Anna.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#18 TheClover

TheClover

Not with that yangire attitude, young lady.

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Ask! :)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (六道仙人 @ Dec 29 2012, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SS son with a sharingan 3 tomoe actived, 12 old years: "Mum! Dad! How did you fall in love each other!!!!?"
Sakura *blush*
Sasuke is shy
Sakura: Well, kid... A long time ago I and your father tried to kill each other, many times. So romantic!!! KYAAA *blush*
Sasuke smiles
SS son: WOOOOW! Cool!

yeah cool

Ah crap, my stomach.
It's actually shameful how hard I laughed at this.

#19 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Dec 29 2012, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOLOL! 111189.gif th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? -.- oh my . . . Link me to this person. we need to show him SasuSaku relationship LOL.

BTW. I snagged this photo awhile ago before BlueGod21 ( I think thats what his name was ) took his videos down.. Does anyone know this photo means? i could never figure it out. PS: LOOK AT THE DIRECT ARROW from Sakura and Naruto. what does that arrow say? sad.gif i always wanted to know
FULL PICTURE. {([VIEW THIS --Click here to view--
)}"]

NaruSaku is like the least of " Domestic Violence " . Its more " playful " than violence heheelq7.png th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

Edited by theorangehokage, 29 December 2012 - 10:27 PM.

---

#20 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (theorangehokage @ Dec 29 2012, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOLOL! 111189.gif th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? -.- oh my . . . Link me to this person. we need to show him SasuSaku relationship LOL.

BTW. I snagged this photo awhile ago before BlueGod21 ( I think thats what his name was ) took his videos down.. Does anyone know this photo means? i could never figure it out. PS: LOOK AT THE DIRECT ARROW from Sakura and Naruto. what does that arrow say? sad.gif i always wanted to know
FULL PICTURE. {([VIEW THIS --Click here to view--
)}"]

NaruSaku is like the least of " Domestic Violence " . Its more " playful " than violence heheelq7.png th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif

That's a relationship chart, if I remember correctly. The arrow that goes from Naruto to Sakura says "suki" in Japanese. That means "like" or "love" in English. In other words, Naruto has a crush on Sakura. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users