#21 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 24 2012, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For the first paragraph, you are right. Only time will tell how Kishi views the issue.

For paragraph II: what I view interesting is the parallel between how Rin died and how Sasuke was about to kill Sakura. I mean, the Sakura gets stabbed with chidori/the Kakashi version of it already almost happened, no? Would Kishi almost do it again? Naruto saw it, too, and his reaction was, well, very mild. Obito went wild with rage seeing Rin stabbed. Naruto witnessed his love almost being killed and reacted with... confessing his undying love to Sakura's almost killer? Granted there is a big difference with being stabbed to death and being saved at the last minute. If you want parallel with Obito going nuts with rage and grief, the closer event is Naruto going kyuubi when Hinata is hurt in the Pain arc, IMO.

Edit. I add: Sakura is parallel to Rin, I know. But Sakura being hurt has never made Naruto lose his temper the way Hinata has. What you seem to be suggesting is that she will eventually be hurt and Naruto will finally react to her death this way. What I'm pointing out is that this scenario, important person being hurt and Naruto going nuts about it, has already happened, and in a major way.

We'll never truly know how Naruto would react in the event of Sakura's death until he believes it has happened. As you said there's a big different between almost happening and actually happening.

It wouldn't be about making Naruto hate Obito for killing her and casing him to explode with anger like it was with Hinata, it's about making Naruto loose hope all together. How about instead of going crazy Naruto simply shuts down, he starts saying that what he's witnessing isn't real, and at the moment Obito tempts him with the moon's eye plan. There Naruto cements himself as different from Obito by refusing.

#22 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

If Sakura does die by Obito's hand imagine how NH fans will be celebrating and declaring NH finally canon lol.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#23 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Dec 25 2012, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Sakura does die by Obito's hand imagine how NH fans will be celebrating and declaring NH finally canon lol.

And later it will bite them in the butt 111189.gif

ナルサク

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (sushi. @ Dec 24 2012, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And later it will bite them in the butt 111189.gif

That's how it's always been. Like Hinata's confession it looked like NH was about to become canon when suddenly ch 450 came with the NS hug and Naruto not even bothering looking for Hinata.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 Zatheko

Zatheko

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Writing, MMO's, Games

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Poison_In_Your_Coffee @ Dec 24 2012, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, actually, I said exactly the opposite: I don't see fundamental difference. Friend or woman you love or your mother and your father, it's still someone loved and important.

If you're implying that naruto cares for neji as much as sakura then... I don't know.. there is nothing to describe how untrue that is.

#26 Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Poison_In_Your_Coffee

Chuunin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Dec 25 2012, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doth thou wish to make babies with thy mother?

Hmm... I'm a lady person, you know, so baby out of two females, no men? Nobel prize for solving a biological puzzle = money and fame = always interested in money = so, yes, I guess?

Yes, I know that your lover and your friend and your mother are all different. But what they have in common is that they are all important bonds. Naruto knows the pain of losing an important bond. He doesn't need to see the woman he loves to die to know what that is like. He can already get the pain Obito feels, even though Sakura/Hinata still breathe. That's all. In the light of ch 615 it would also seem that Kishi did think Neji as "Naruto's Rin", as his temptation to go into a better dream world, Neji dying was catalyst of that desire, no?

So how do you view this theory now, with ch 615 and all?

The stars are fire.

#27 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Dec 24 2012, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We'll never truly know how Naruto would react in the event of Sakura's death until he believes it has happened. As you said there's a big different between almost happening and actually happening.

It wouldn't be about making Naruto hate Obito for killing her and casing him to explode with anger like it was with Hinata, it's about making Naruto loose hope all together. How about instead of going crazy Naruto simply shuts down, he starts saying that what he's witnessing isn't real, and at the moment Obito tempts him with the moon's eye plan. There Naruto cements himself as different from Obito by refusing.

That's exactly what I was thinking, you know? Given how much Naruto loves Sakura, I imagine he'd shut down completely if she was to be killed. Especially since I imagine she would want to do it (willingly die) to protect him at some point, just like Neji did. Or he might even be driven into a rage, but the first one you said is more likely.

It'd be almost like Leon in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence when Leon was bothered for a time by Sara's death, yet he then rose up to fight for her sacrifice. So why not do something like that. I could see Obito possibly try to kill Hinata thinking she would be Naruto's vulernability, but I suspect we'll find something else out. But I guess we'll see.

#28 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I like this theory. and yes It will bite them back heheelq7.png th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif 111189.gif . But, I have been wondering that since last chapter (615) if he could be targeting Sakura next. But to me it doesn't make sense ... 111193.gif ermm.gif so if he kills her, that would eliminate a main character, but he needs sakura? right?... headscratch.gif sweatdrop.gif facepalm.png

can someone help explain this to me please :c ?

---

#29 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (theorangehokage @ Dec 29 2012, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like this theory. and yes It will bite them back heheelq7.png th_7eyytubokky7rehok1k.gif 111189.gif . But, I have been wondering that since last chapter (615) if he could be targeting Sakura next. But to me it doesn't make sense ... 111193.gif ermm.gif so if he kills her, that would eliminate a main character, but he needs sakura? right?... headscratch.gif sweatdrop.gif facepalm.png

can someone help explain this to me please :c ?

I dont think he will target Sakura, i think he will continue targeting Naruto's comrades.
Rinne Tensei.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#30 Capn Banjo

Capn Banjo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

As far as the NaruSaku/ObitoRin parallel goes, I can't help but wonder how it will be utilized--I would hope that it does.

For Obito to intentionally attack Naruto through Sakura, he would first have to know about Naruto's feelings for Sakura. I'm not really aware of any moments in the manga when Obito would have become witness to that, but I could be missing something.

What would be an interesting twist on it is if it were to happen by accident.

I'll elaborate:
Think about the recent times during the Juubi's attacks that Sakura has been in danger 'on screen.' Maybe that was intended for foreshadowing? She's just been in the background, but not ignored. Also, up until now, Obito hasn't specifically targeted her. So what if she were to get injured, possibly fatal, from a stray attack? It could certainly lead to some interesting development. Maybe something along the lines of Naruto's reaction being similar to that of Obito witnessing Rin's death, and Obito realizing that he is causing what he is trying to stop?

#31 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

What I'm interested in is how kishi would actually handle this scene if it were to happen.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#32 Master Sage

Master Sage

RASENGAN...... it never gets old

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

I agree with this but the question of How would Obito know that Sakura is a very important person to Naruto always comes first. Hell for all we know, considering all that has been going on in the latest chapter, Obito probably thinks that Hinata is the one that Naruto is in love with. Still yet it just doesn't feel like it is her time to die. No. Some how Sakura has to take the fall and im not saying this as a shipper. Im curious to see how Naruto would handle it.

#33 Qia

Qia

Little Weasel

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:Too many to name

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (Capn Banjo @ Dec 30 2012, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the NaruSaku/ObitoRin parallel goes, I can't help but wonder how it will be utilized--I would hope that it does.

For Obito to intentionally attack Naruto through Sakura, he would first have to know about Naruto's feelings for Sakura. I'm not really aware of any moments in the manga when Obito would have become witness to that, but I could be missing something.

What would be an interesting twist on it is if it were to happen by accident.

I'll elaborate:
Think about the recent times during the Juubi's attacks that Sakura has been in danger 'on screen.' Maybe that was intended for foreshadowing? She's just been in the background, but not ignored. Also, up until now, Obito hasn't specifically targeted her. So what if she were to get injured, possibly fatal, from a stray attack? It could certainly lead to some interesting development. Maybe something along the lines of Naruto's reaction being similar to that of Obito witnessing Rin's death, and Obito realizing that he is causing what he is trying to stop?

I can actually see her being fatally injured by accident (not killed though) too. You're right about there being moments where Sakura could have been hurt hmmm. And it COULD snap him back to reality....but that last part is questionable. But Sakura being accidently hurt is a very possible scenario either way.

single-cherry-blossom-tree-4k-high-quali

#34 AnaHatakechan

AnaHatakechan

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Qia @ Dec 24 2012, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yamato? >_>

I doubt it Yamato is still being butt raped by a wall

#35 CynMichi

CynMichi

Acolyte of The Many-Faced God

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:Anime and manga ^_^ Reading, baking, and sword collecting!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (AnaHatakechan @ Dec 30 2012, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt it Yamato is still being butt raped by a wall

laugh.gif haha I believe that Yamato may have a bigger role then we realize, that is if Kishi didn't forget about him like he has with other characters ::ahem Sakura:: Now this is all pure conjecture on my part!

He has the DNA (Hashirama's) required to operate the Zetsu's right? Lets then assume the allied forces discover this weakness in Obito's plan. It makes sense they'd send out medic nins to disconnect Yamato from said life sucking wall which would undoubtedly place Sakura in a dangerous situation.

We already know Suigetsu has some sort of scroll that has to do with all this and that Sasuke is with Oro this very moment. Perhaps team Taka reunites with the purpose of taking all that power for themselves I.E. Sasuke wants hidden leaf destruction by his own hands rather than Obito's moons eye "perfect world" and since we know Oro has other info re:"Madara" I see Sasuke being swayed again by his emotions. This may be what is needed to put all sides in contention: Sasuke attacks Sakura....Obito/Madara go to attack whoever is messing with their Yamato plaque ....and Naruto, Bee, Kakashi follow Obito...assuming Hinata actually let's go of Naruto's "big strong hand" long enough....

Then I see potential for Obi/Rin parallel to be fulfilled, of course there is the small chance of Sasuke redemption here but I hope not. BTW sorry for the long post rolleyes.gif it's my first but I'm a long time lurker and 615 has me so riled up!

#36 Capn Banjo

Capn Banjo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Qia @ Dec 30 2012, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can actually see her being fatally injured by accident (not killed though) too. You're right about there being moments where Sakura could have been hurt hmmm. And it COULD snap him back to reality....but that last part is questionable. But Sakura being accidently hurt is a very possible scenario either way.

I admit, that parallel being the cause of Obito 'returning to the light' would be too easy--almost like something out of a fanfiction, but I can't help but wonder if it might also have something to do with his character's redemption. Maybe it will turn out that Madara was somehow behind the death of Rin? I know, getting a bit off topic with that part, but maybe that could make the parallel 'connect?'

Back to the NaruSaku/ObitoRin Parallel, I just hope that Kishimoto does use it as such, and not as NaruHina/ObitoRin. It just wouldn't feel consistent. We first just need Obito to find out about Sakura, or maybe even another character? Maybe Madara will complete the parallel? Maybe he would do so after Obito fails to carry out his plan? Just some theories/predictions, I like to anticipate what will happen.

#37 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Capn Banjo @ Dec 30 2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I admit, that parallel being the cause of Obito 'returning to the light' would be too easy--almost like something out of a fanfiction, but I can't help but wonder if it might also have something to do with his character's redemption. Maybe it will turn out that Madara was somehow behind the death of Rin? I know, getting a bit off topic with that part, but maybe that could make the parallel 'connect?'

Back to the NaruSaku/ObitoRin Parallel, I just hope that Kishimoto does use it as such, and not as NaruHina/ObitoRin. It just wouldn't feel consistent. We first just need Obito to find out about Sakura, or maybe even another character? Maybe Madara will complete the parallel? Maybe he would do so after Obito fails to carry out his plan? Just some theories/predictions, I like to anticipate what will happen.

I feel like Madara had something to do with Rin dying... I don't know. It's always felt like he was trying to use Obito, and Obito never wanted to join up with him. The best way to get him to 'come to the dark side' was killing the person he wanted to protect the most - Rin. It's clear that Kakashi didn't kill her out of the blue either. The enemy shinobi wanted her body for something. Argh, I want to know what happened~!!! 111193.gif

That being said, it would be really interesting if Madara were the one to complete the parallel. Have him attack Sakura and then reveal to Obito that he was also the one behind Rin's death. The drama.... wow.gif

#38 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Dec 30 2012, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel like Madara had something to do with Rin dying... I don't know. It's always felt like he was trying to use Obito, and Obito never wanted to join up with him. The best way to get him to 'come to the dark side' was killing the person he wanted to protect the most - Rin. It's clear that Kakashi didn't kill her out of the blue either. The enemy shinobi wanted her body for something. Argh, I want to know what happened~!!! 111193.gif

That being said, it would be really interesting if Madara were the one to complete the parallel. Have him attack Sakura and then reveal to Obito that he was also the one behind Rin's death. The drama.... wow.gif

What about having Kakashi do it? Notice both times, we've seen her healing Kakashi, and then she was saved by him just recently.

#39 Capn Banjo

Capn Banjo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Dec 30 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about having Kakashi do it? Notice both times, we've seen her healing Kakashi, and then she was saved by him just recently.

That would definitely be interesting!
What makes me wonder about when Kakashi had been the one to kill Rin, is that his side of the story is empty. The mist ninjas (I think they were from the Mist), were saying that they "mustn't let the enemy get her body," and I can't help but wonder why that was. Something must have been done to her body, but I can't help but wonder what that may have been.

Also, in Chapter 604 (page 17 on mangapanda.com), there is an odd image fading away from Rin, as if something was happening to her. Also notice that Kakashi's Sharingan was active when he struck her (shown a few pages later). This may have been due to him needing to see through a Genjustu maybe? Maybe Kakashi was killing Rin as a last ditch effort to save her from suffering a fate worse than death with the Mist ninja?

#40 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (StriderC @ Dec 30 2012, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But why would Kakashi kill Sakura? err.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users