#41 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Aug 22 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You may be on to something, seeing how Yamato was also an experiment.

Hey Leo, Where did that GIF of Ino under the Dolphin come from? Is it from the Rock Lee Show? If so, then which episode?

On Topic: God dammit Kishi, my brain is full of kitten. Hopefully the explanation for this won't be too confusing if it turns out that Tobi is Obito or something.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

#42 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (NS means logic @ Aug 22 2012, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He also called kakashi's power borrowed...which seems strange if he's borrowing it himself

Yeah but Sasuke's got a big chip on his shoulder about that too, and all those Uchihas do is steal eyes from one another. God forbid someone outside their clan is gifted an eye from the dying man's own head!

I do agree though, it's got to be some part of Obito. All this build up would be pointless.

*still holding out some hope it's going to be Rin with short hair, and she's going to swipe away the rest of the mask and flip 'em all off AU Hinata-style* lol - not much hope...but it's fun to imagine!

#43 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

It's probably more of a "You borrowed the Uchiha power" kind of thing. They probably don't mind borrowing/stealing it from each other, but if someone from outside the clan does it, it's a problem. I think that's the most likely case given Sasuke's constant "UCHIHA ARE BETTER THAN THOU" lifestyle.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#44 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Another speculation from NF, damn they are good at dabating on the Telegram.

The story of Obito.

QUOTE (wink.gif
Okay So I decided to have a little fun and show everyone each line the narrowed down identities lines have had in this manga.
Now tell me who seems most likely

Kagami: "Impossible, in a situation like this all we can do is send someone as bait to get their attention"

Izuna: "_____________________"

Setsuna: "__________________"

Obito:
Chapter 1- "Damnit, at this rate I'll be killed. Will I make it? Did I just make it in time? No, On the way, I had to show the way to and old woman carrying luggage..... Plus there was something in my eye. I carried her luggage too. Have you no kindness? Its always about the rules, the regulations, shut up. The key point is your own self control. What was it again? Split... Then. Sorry, I wasn't listening. What's with that hand? I didn't do anything for you, absolutely nothing. It's a mystery how you ever became a jounin. I am uchiha obito of the Uchiha clan, I will surpass you! As soon as I awaken the sharingan. OK! What about you? What, What is that Jutsu?"

Chapter 2- "Y...Yes. What do you mean Fine! You selfishly went your way against senseis orders and did something crazy. There was something in my eye and the tears were to get it out. Sensei I understand the importance of teamwork But Kakashi's always making me out to be a lazy idiot. Though I'm called the elite because I was born in the Uchiha clan, I'm a loser, I acknowledge that Kakashi's an amazing person but. White Fang..Now that you mention it, I've heard of him too. A hero who died to protect the village. Kakashi never said a word about him. Incident? What happened?"

Chapter 3- "Let's get going commander. Katon Fire release, great fireball jutsu. DAMNIT! What? What the hell are you saying? Rin. What about Rin? What you're saying doesn't include Rin's safety! If those guys were just unthinking flunkies what would happen then? More importantly than the mission we have to rescue Rin. That's just speculation! Just for that you'd simply throw away who's always been with you through thick and thin. When you and I were injured she saved our lives with medical ninjutsu. If she hadn't been there, we'd be long dead. I definitely can't stand you. If that's the case why do you refuse to rescue Rin? Only you have the strength to save your companion. Rin gave you a medical pack out of concern over you. And she sewed a charm into it. Are you serious? Do you really think like that? Fine then, from the beginning you and I were like water and oil. I'm going to rescue Rin. I believe that the White Fang is a true hero. Of course those in the ninja world who break rules and regulations are called trash. But those who don't care about their companions are worse than trash. Anyway if I'm that kind of trash, I'll break the rules, If that's not the idea of being a shinbo, then I'll BREAK that idea of a shinobi " (Pretty Noticeable)

Chapter 4- "Found them, Stay calm, I can do this. Right let's go. Kakashi!? Why? Kakashi. Of course. Where is he? Kakashi! Hey, you alright? I'm always mouthing off. Always having people save me. I'm just a mouthing-off loser. But, Those words alone, I don't want them to just be mouthing off. Now, I will protect my companions!" (Lots of action)

Chapter 5- "Yeah it seems like sharingan. I can see the movement and flow of chakra. Are you ok kakashi!? Right. Rin's chakra flow is irregular. Completely different to yours or mine. Right! We came to save you Rin. It's alright now. Oh Damn. Are you ok, Rin? Kakashi? That's enough, it's ok Kakashi. It looks like its over for me. The right side of my body is almost smashed. There is no feeling in it. Hey, No, Forget it. I'm the only one who didn't give you a present. At your jounin celebration. What would be good, I was thinking, and now I've come up with it, Don't worry its not useless baggage. It's, this Sharingan of mine. The people of the village, what they must have been saying, That you're a great jounin, that's how I feel, Please accept it. Rin, with your medical jutsu please take out my sharingan, and implant it into Kakashi's left eye. I'm already going to die. But I can become your eye and from now on I will see the future. " (again lots of action)

Chapter 6- "Kakashi take care of rin. Relax Rin. Kakashi, take care of Rin and get out of here. The enemy's reinforcements are coming for sure. It's alright, go. Kakashi, even though we finally became friends, I couldn't finally admit it to Rin. I wanted to be together with everyone longer. "

QUOTE (wink.gif
http://www.tenmanga....2/250554-7.html
http://www.tenmanga....2/250554-8.html
http://www.tenmanga....2/250554-9.html

Foreshadowing Much on the Identity?

Obito: "Anyway if I'm that kind of trash, I'll break the rules, If that's not the idea of being a shinbo, then I'll BREAK that idea of a shinobi!"

Who does that sound like to you, a special main character that we know?

The Foreshadowing we use for NS seems to apply on This Obito thing too, I hope I'm wrong since Sakura's words fit with Itashi's advice about Minato and Kishina.

#45 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

Heck yeah, so this is what happens when you combine Naruto and Kakashi's tactician skills into one attack. Pretty impressive attack.

#46 sardns

sardns

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

I still don't think it's obito. Besides all the other reasons mentioned, there's the matter of how old obito should have been when the Nine-Tails attacked the village. Obito was 13 when he died according to the second data book. It's safe to assume Kakashi was the same age as him. Kakashi was 26 years old at the very start of Naruto, and Naruto himself was 12. 26 - 12 = 14, so Kakashi was a 14 year old kid when Tobi unleashed the Nine Tails on the village. By this logic, Obito couldn't be Tobi since Tobi was a grown man when he staged that attack, and Obito would have to break the laws of time to age that quickly.

Plus, there's also the fact of how old he looks when he partially took off his mask in front of Sasuke as evident by the wrinkles under his eyes. Why would Obito look so old if he is supposed to be in his early 30's?

I personally think Tobi is the Uchiha clan ancestor, which honestly doesn't make much sense, but that's what I believe until proven otherwise.

Edited by sardns, 23 August 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#47 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (K9ofChaos @ Aug 22 2012, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Leo, Where did that GIF of Ino under the Dolphin come from? Is it from the Rock Lee Show? If so, then which episode?

On Topic: God dammit Kishi, my brain is full of kitten. Hopefully the explanation for this won't be too confusing if it turns out that Tobi is Obito or something.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Episode 19

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#48 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:44 AM

Why isn't Tobi using his rinnegan abilities? huh.gif

#49 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Aug 22 2012, 11:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. When Nagato fought Naruto with his full Rinnegan abilities all Naruto could do was zomg.gif kruemelmonsteryn0.gif blowup.gif

Maybe he's not very well versed in them yet.

Which leads me to thinking about Tobi's comments about giving Nagato the Rinnegan ability and him having it post-mortem. When edo tenseis are brought back are they brought back with only their natural abilities? I know Madara was tweaked with but there was no mention that Nagato was, so does this prove that he lied?

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#50 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

After all this time with Tobi using the Kamui ability with his eye, how has he not completely lost his vision?

#51 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 22 2012, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, with Kakshi, down for the count, and Naruto needing his ability to hit Tobi, do you think that the following is possible for next week's issue?

A) Sakura and the rest of the shinobi alliance (S.A.) backup will show up, causing Tobi to retreat
B) Sakura and the rest of the S.A. backup heals Kakashi and the fight resumes
C) We get Tobi's flashback chapter
D) Return to Madara vs Kages
E) Return to Sasuke Land
F) F?.... None of the Above

Hm, I think it's gonna have to be the option C. Part of me would've loved it to be A but I think it's time that we found out more.

#52 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Aug 23 2012, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After all this time with Tobi using the Kamui ability with his eye, how has he not completely lost his vision?

Well, seeing as how he has so many eyes, he probably has the eternal mangekyou... but his tomoe should be slightly different then Kakashi's if that's the case. This is a good question, because even if it is Obito, a pure Uchiha, wiithout the EM Sharingan he should be blind now.

QUOTE (Kim @ Aug 23 2012, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm, I think it's gonna have to be the option C. Part of me would've loved it to be A but I think it's time that we found out more.

I agree, it's probably C since Kishi promised to reveal who he was in August.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#53 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Not only that, someone pointed out on another forum that Kishi always reveals huge revelations in milestone chapters. For example, Ch. 400 was the revelation of the Uchiha Massacre. Ch. 500 was the revelation of the Kyuubi attack. So, from the looks of it, we'll get an explanation on Tobi's background on chapter 600. The next chapter will probably end on the start of Tobi's background reveal.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#54 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 23 2012, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, seeing as how he has so many eyes, he probably has the eternal mangekyou... but his tomoe should be slightly different then Kakashi's if that's the case. This is a good question, because even if it is Obito, a pure Uchiha, wiithout the EM Sharingan he should be blind now.

Since the eternal mangekyou sharingan is achieved by transplanting an eye to another person that might mean that the minute Kakashi and Tobi each took Obito's eyes they already had the necessary requirements for it.

So when they each unlocked the mangekyous they were already the eternal types. Therefore, the eye design for both Kakashi and Tobi is of the eternal. And if Obito had lived to unlock the mangekyou then that's the one that probably would've been of a different design since they were still attached to the original owner.

#55 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Aug 23 2012, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since the eternal mangekyou sharingan is achieved by transplanting an eye to another person that might mean that the minute Kakashi and Tobi each took Obito's eyes they already had the necessary requirements for it.

So when they each unlocked the mangekyous they were already the eternal types. Therefore, the eye design for both Kakashi and Tobi is of the eternal. And if Obito had lived to unlock the mangekyou then that's the one that probably would've been of a different design since they were still attached to the original owner.

I thought the EMS was achieved by placing a MS over another MS. I mean it'd be kind of weird if all it took was a transplant (especially into anyone who was without a MS already, let alone not an Uchiha... although the rules for the sharingan have always been kind of weird. "You have to kill your best friend" is one that comes to mind as being weird and false.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#56 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Waaaay back (of course I forget EXACTLY when, I'd research but I'm at work) when Kakashi and Itachi had an encounter, Itachi remarked that he was impressed Kakashi managed to unlock the Mangekyo, for someone who isn't an Uchiha by blood. Then Kakashi remarked something along the lines of 'Yeah, it's pretty cool, other than the vision loss... amirite Itachi?'

I can't say for certain, but if Madara's eyes are any indication, with the EMS the eye doesn't bleed upon use. Kakashi's eye began to bleed in this latest chapter.

#57 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Aug 23 2012, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Waaaay back (of course I forget EXACTLY when, I'd research but I'm at work) when Kakashi and Itachi had an encounter, Itachi remarked that he was impressed Kakashi managed to unlock the Mangekyo, for someone who isn't an Uchiha by blood. Then Kakashi remarked something along the lines of 'Yeah, it's pretty cool, other than the vision loss... amirite Itachi?'

I can't say for certain, but if Madara's eyes are any indication, with the EMS the eye doesn't bleed upon use. Kakashi's eye began to bleed in this latest chapter.

Yes but it was his latest kamui and most important of all naruto managed to put a clone on tobi's dimension and this clone has kyuubi chakra cloak, wich implies that tobi cant use kamui anymore too otherwise he will be destroyed.

i think we gonna have a stop in the fight and get a lot of talks and flashbacks.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#58 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (NS means logic @ Aug 22 2012, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He also called kakashi's power borrowed...which seems strange if he's borrowing it himself

Yup, he also called himself Madara, said the Kyuubi attack was a freak accident, and claimed Pain's Rinnigan were his to begin with. So we shouldn't really take what he says too seriously. One thing we know for certain about Tobi is he twists the truth to gain the mental advantage, and that's what he is trying to do with Kakashi and it almost worked if not for Gai and Naruto.

I can just see it next week, His mask is destroyed, finally we find out his identity, shocked faces all around, Naruto:, Kakash, Gaii: You, Bee looks at the three curiously All: Who are you?, Bee face faults.

I still think it's a Madara related person, this page when he's describing the founding of the village to Sasuke, he clenched his fists like he had an emotional attachment to the situation. Obito's perents were probably not even born at that time so he has no involvement to it at all.

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Aug 23 2012, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He is, he used the Rinnigan's ability with the chains and rods to block the Bijuu's power, Plus he just got the eyes so he probably hasn't mastered the other powers yet.

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Aug 23 2012, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes but it was his latest kamui and most important of all naruto managed to put a clone on tobi's dimension and this clone has kyuubi chakra cloak, wich implies that tobi cant use kamui anymore too otherwise he will be destroyed.

i think we gonna have a stop in the fight and get a lot of talks and flashbacks.

Well Tobi is stuck at the moment, if he went back to the real dimension he'd be destroyed by the Bijuubomb, so he had to take a hit. he's still capable of using the eyes but he die a painful death if he did. However I do agree we'll probably get another flashback from next week on how Tobi became.

EMS, the eyes won't bleed, we saw this with Sasuke as well, he used the eyes on the Zetsu and suffered none of the drawbacks, the bleeding I beleive was shown to depict the fact you will go blind if you constantly use MS, with the EMS that disability disappears.

iAnby7W.gif

#59 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (harry4e @ Aug 24 2012, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, he also called himself Madara, said the Kyuubi attack was a freak accident, and claimed Pain's Rinnigan were his to begin with. So we shouldn't really take what he says too seriously. One thing we know for certain about Tobi is he twists the truth to gain the mental advantage, and that's what he is trying to do with Kakashi and it almost worked if not for Gai and Naruto.

I can just see it next week, His mask is destroyed, finally we find out his identity, shocked faces all around, Naruto:, Kakash, Gaii: You, Bee looks at the three curiously All: Who are you?, Bee face faults.

I still think it's a Madara related person, this page when he's describing the founding of the village to Sasuke, he clenched his fists like he had an emotional attachment to the situation. Obito's perents were probably not even born at that time so he has no involvement to it at all.

He is, he used the Rinnigan's ability with the chains and rods to block the Bijuu's power, Plus he just got the eyes so he probably hasn't mastered the other powers yet.

Well Tobi is stuck at the moment, if he went back to the real dimension he'd be destroyed by the Bijuubomb, so he had to take a hit. he's still capable of using the eyes but he die a painful death if he did. However I do agree we'll probably get another flashback from next week on how Tobi became.

EMS, the eyes won't bleed, we saw this with Sasuke as well, he used the eyes on the Zetsu and suffered none of the drawbacks, the bleeding I beleive was shown to depict the fact you will go blind if you constantly use MS, with the EMS that disability disappears.

For his size, his knowledge and the timeline, it will make a lot more sense to reveal that Tobi is Izuma, Kagami, or Madara clone, it makes a lot more sense than him being Obito, but apparently Kishi wants him to be Obito and the evidence are overwhelming against the ones who refuse to believe he is Obito and the last chapter made it even more obvious so I guess we need to wait until Wednesday to find out.

For me him being Obito is silly, but if it will give Kakashi a closere and allow him to move on, making Obito fulfil his promise that one day he will be more badass than Kakashi, his promise to crush the current Shinobi system, gives us the knowledge behind Kakashi's MS and Rin's death, then I like the idea.
At lease in not and only Uchiha focust we get Rin and Kakashi too.

#60 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Just for kicks:

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

0 user(s) are reading this topic