83 replies to this topic

#21 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

Ok new theory. How about Tobi being Obito's father, it would make some sense although highly unlikely. I've always believed that Tobi is just a clone of the original Madara, sort of an failed experiment. If you really think about it would make sense for Tobi to be just a lab experiment gone sort of wrong.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#22 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 22 2012, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless... Kishimoto decides to leave this chapter like that and cut back to Orochimaru and Sasuke. That would be the ultimate troll.

After a rasengan to the face, Tobi's mask falls apart to show a mass of soot, burns, and swelling.
"Arrgh, it will be days before my face returns to normal !"

… And then the cut back to Oro and Sasuke. tongue.gif

#23 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Aug 22 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After a rasengan to the face, Tobi's mask falls apart to show a mass of soot, burns, and swelling.

Lol, it would be hilarious if the rasengan messed up his face so badly, that we wouldn't be able recognize him, that would make a lot of people pissed.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Aug 22 2012, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That will be ultimate trolling from Kishi lol. laugh.gif

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 22 2012, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though I think we're inevitably moving to a FrankenObito of some sort, I'm still not pleased about it. By suddenly making him Kakashi's enemy, it undermines all the buildup of Tobi vs. Naruto. The motives get really murky, really quickly.

Go back to the beginning, when Tobi came out of nowhere to claim the Kyuubi. If he's truly Obito, then why didn't he make a bigger deal of defeating Minato, his former teacher? It's a highly repeated theme in the manga. But Tobi looks at him as an equal. Not the satisfaction of besting his teacher, like Orochimaru vs. the Third, Pain vs. Jiraiya, etc.

I'm leaning toward your last thought - that Obito is alive but warped. Part of his soul is also trapped in this shell of a body. Tobi could be feeding of some old resentment, using Obito's knowledge of Kakashi's history as ammunition against him. Obito is there, but powerless to stop him. (Just like Orochimaru in Anko's body. He's there all along, watching and understanding, just not participating.) So at some point Kakashi is going to realize this, then he will set about to truly free his best friend from the metaphorical rock he's been held under - his old body and Tobi's justu.

Perhaps Tobi is where Orochimaru got all his body stealing ideas from. And Sasuke isn't so much the ultimate body for Orochimaru, but the ultimate vessel for Tobi's soul.

Tobi doesn't seem like a partnering sort of person. And if Sasuke has the eyes like Madara's for controlling the kyuubi and a physical prowess on par with any prodigy Uchiha, then he'd be a perfect match for Tobi to resurrect himself.

And if hatred is what fuels him, then fanning the flames of Sasuke's hatred serves Tobi very well. And that in turn is the perfect foil for Naruto's strength, he who has spent so much time ridding himself and others of their inner hatred. Ridding Sasuke of his own hatred would not only free him personally, but lessen Tobi's power over him.

...eh, just a thought.... sweatdrop.gif

I'd add he basically treated Minato as just another opponent and not one he was connected to. In addition, he seemed surprised by the jutsu Minato used. Isn't that something he should know about if he's truly Obito?

#26 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Amazing chapter!

Like Tricksie said, Naruto does look more mature now. I love his new Tailed-Beast mode. Just awesome looking!

So it is Obito's eye. And now we wait another week to see what he looks like under the mask. Watch, even then we still won't know who it is.

So here's the question, if it is Obito (warped or not), why has he been more obsessed with Sasuke and Naruto then Kakashi (if he does indeed hate Kakashi)?

Also, Guy thinking the same thing, what kind of a clue is that? Well, I suppose he knew Obito from the academy too.

edit:

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 22 2012, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd add he basically treated Minato as just another opponent and not one he was connected to. In addition, he seemed surprised by the jutsu Minato used. Isn't that something he should know about if he's truly Obito?

It's hard to say, while it sounds like his genin team did know about his technique being speed, this page raises some possible doubt as to how intricate their knowledge of how his technique worked was. And while Tobi isn't surprised by the fourth's initial display of speed, he is only caught off guard when Minato uses it in combination with the kunai.

Also... shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif reading Kakashi Gaiden. shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif shamefulcry0js.gif Please don't make it Obito!!!

Edited by chouzu_tao, 22 August 2012 - 05:12 PM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#27 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

A great chapter and it's awesome to see that Naruto was able to land a hit on him using the bijuudama. The one big question we're all left with now is who is Tobi since his mask is shattered. We'll just have to wait until next week to find out and I just hope it isn't Obito as everyone says it is.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#28 Burning_Wulf

Burning_Wulf

Just your friendly, neighborhood zombie hunter.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Wolves, Anime/Manga, Rx7, NaruSaku, Timeoff work, Sleeping, Comics, Napping, Cats, Resting, Skeet, and Racing plus too much more....

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Holy kunai, that was a good chapter.

Also, TO THE FACE! Hopefully we find out the face behind the mask. And don't get jerked around next week.

coco_zps31bec3d3.jpg

#29 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Why is everyone so concerned about it possibly being Obito? Okay, so we all laughed at the thought one time or another when the theory was first introduced, but now, even through twisted logic, nothing seems to make sense except Obito. Someone here said this would be good for Kakashi's closure and I honestly agree with them. I don't mind that I was wrong about the theory and if it's not Obito, then I don't mind that I accepted it before the truth was revealed XD.

Anyway, the chapter was still amazing, can't believe how amazing Kish is drawing these battles smile.gif

Edited by MangaReader, 22 August 2012 - 05:59 PM.

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

#30 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (MangaReader @ Aug 22 2012, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why is everyone so concerned about it possibly being Obito? Okay, so we all laughed at the thought one time or another when the theory was first introduced, but now, even through twisted logic, nothing seems to make sense except Obito. Someone here said this would be good for Kakashi's closure and I honestly agree with them. I don't mind that I was wrong about the theory and if it's not Obito, then I don't mind that I accepted it before the truth was revealed XD.

Anyway, the chapter was still amazing, can't believe how amazing Kish is drawing these battles smile.gif

Each person who doesn't want it to be Obito has their own reasons. While Obito would make for great drama for Kakashi and as a twisted "Naruto" for Naruto to face, I'd be happy with it being someone else so Obito can stay pure, I guess. And while it's naive to believe that people can stay "pure" in times of war, I think that's how Naruto will remain, regardless of Sasuke, so I don't see why he should be the only one.

As for the battles, I'm still having a hard time some times following everything when it's purely a battle issue, but he's getting cleaner at storytelling for chapters like these. And it's getting awesomely epic.

Also, with Kakshi, down for the count, and Naruto needing his ability to hit Tobi, do you think that the following is possible for next week's issue?

A) Sakura and the rest of the shinobi alliance (S.A.) backup will show up, causing Tobi to retreat
B) Sakura and the rest of the S.A. backup heals Kakashi and the fight resumes
C) We get Tobi's flashback chapter
D) Return to Madara vs Kages
E) Return to Sasuke Land
F) F?.... None of the Above

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#31 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Great chapter, the action was intense and the art was fantastic. biggrin.gif I really like the warping effects as Tobi materialises weapons from his eye.

So, excepting a massive troll from Kishi, we will finally find out who Tobi is! It does look like everything is pointing at Obito, most likely an Obito who has been warped in some way. Like Nate and Tricksie have said, his "good" intentions were corrupted by his experiences after he was squashed by a rock. He was most likely captured by the enemy, forced to go through extensive and painful surgery, found out Rin's fate (which will be covered by flashbacks), and decided that peace could only be achieved by force. He still believes in peace, but his way of thinking has become very corrupted and would be beyond the pale for the old Obito.

Of course, if it IS Obito, then a lot of questions will be asked about his past appearances against Minato and with Itachi!

Naruto does indeed look cooler in his Sage of Six Paths cloak, hopefully a wardrobe change will be coming soon-ish for him. Maybe Sakura can do us all a favour and burn his jacket? tongue.gif

#32 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

If he's Obito a lot of things would not make any sense and he will really have to explain how he gave the rinnegan to nagato if he's "younger" than them.
Tobi can be anyone at this time, next chapter will be his face revealed and the begining of a 3-5 chapters of flashback explaining who he is, how he met madara and the begining of his plan.
i doubt that the K11 will arrive during the battle, naruto had the chance to kill him for good and he uses rasengan to destroy the mask...

If he is Obito at least we got the answer for why he's evil since he used izanagi so many times.

Edited by dovahkiin, 22 August 2012 - 06:34 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#33 theorangehokage

theorangehokage

--

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

I feel semi trolled but yet a good chapter all in all.

---

#34 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Nostradamus @ Aug 22 2012, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok new theory. How about Tobi being Obito's father, it would make some sense although highly unlikely. I've always believed that Tobi is just a clone of the original Madara, sort of an failed experiment. If you really think about it would make sense for Tobi to be just a lab experiment gone sort of wrong.

You may be on to something, seeing how Yamato was also an experiment.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#35 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Aug 22 2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he's Obito a lot of things would not make any sense and he will really have to explain how he gave the rinnegan to nagato if he's "younger" than them.
Tobi can be anyone at this time, next chapter will be his face revealed and the begining of a 3-5 chapters of flashback explaining who he is, how he met madara and the begining of his plan.
i doubt that the K11 will arrive during the battle, naruto had the chance to kill him for good and he uses rasengan to destroy the mask...

If he is Obito at least we got the answer for why he's evil since he used izanagi so many times.

We also have Kisame recognising him as the former Mizukage/Madara, and Tobi had long Madara-like hair in his meeting with Itachi before the Uchiha Massacre.

I'm thinking that he's had more than one body, and Obito could be his current one. The idea of failed experiments with Impure Resurrection sounds a feasible one since Tobi and Madara share some kind of connection.

#36 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 22 2012, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With Kakashi, down for the count, and Naruto needing his ability to hit Tobi, do you think that the following is possible for next week's issue?

A) Sakura and the rest of the shinobi alliance (S.A.) backup will show up, causing Tobi to retreat
E) Return to Sasuke Land

A is very unlikely to happen because Tobi is in the process of reviving the Jubi, he is not going to run. B is more plausible, but I really hope that it is not C or E, I could handle the Kages vs. Madara, I understand that Tobi has to have his flashback but please Kishi please don't cut to Sasuke Land untill about chapter 650 or so.

Personally I think it will either be C or F.

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Aug 22 2012, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Easy answer he lied.

This is something that I am dreading, we've already had to sit through the whole Sasuke and Itachi vs. Kabuto fight (with Kabuto's), Madara bragging about how strong he is and resurrecting himself and Sasuke Resurrecting Orochimaru and then goes off to who knows where, so I hope we don't get any flashbacks from Tobi until he is dieing.

As far as we know he has only used it once.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#37 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 22 2012, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Each person who doesn't want it to be Obito has their own reasons. While Obito would make for great drama for Kakashi and as a twisted "Naruto" for Naruto to face, I'd be happy with it being someone else so Obito can stay pure, I guess. And while it's naive to believe that people can stay "pure" in times of war, I think that's how Naruto will remain, regardless of Sasuke, so I don't see why he should be the only one.

As for the battles, I'm still having a hard time some times following everything when it's purely a battle issue, but he's getting cleaner at storytelling for chapters like these. And it's getting awesomely epic.

Also, with Kakshi, down for the count, and Naruto needing his ability to hit Tobi, do you think that the following is possible for next week's issue?

E) Return to Sasuke Land

There are many reasons why the idea of Tobi being Obito grew in my mind, the obvious hints, Uchihas been destined by fate to create war and Naruto putting an end to all of this after his fight Sasuke, Kakashi not spending any time in the graveyard.

We have all this hints after the 2009 interview there was a person who made an analysis and stated that Tobi is Obido, when Kishi said that Next year will be Kakashi's year.

Can someone explain me why would Kishi give us a Kakashi story, if it's not related to any villain?
Will Kishi postpone the war just to see kakashi's past? That's almost like fillers people, Kakashi ark is to explain what happen with Rin and the way she die (if she really die), explain what happen to Obito and why he become corrupted and how Kakashi got the MS. Also Kakashi character needs closure as we see he as not move on from Rin and Obito's death. No one need to worry about Naruto vs Tobi, there is still Naruto vs Madara and Naruto vs Sasuke and Orochimaru is still out their.

#38 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

I’ve always believed that Tobi is a clone of the original Madara because that would make the most sense. Hear me out. I believe that the original Madara give Nagato the Rinnengan (not Tobi) and after that he created a clone of himself which is Tobi. But he created a much weaker version of himself and he didn’t give him enough knowledge. He gave him enough power and knowledge to do his bidding. Madara’s plan was for Tobi to gather all of the bijjus and after he does that, Nagato brings him (Madara) back to life so he can rule the world, the infinite tsukuyomi. But something went wrong and Tobi decided to go against Madara’s plan and now he wants to rule the world. Why do I believe everything I said above for the following reasons: When Tobi killed Konan he specifically said “I am Uchiha Madara!”
Why would he do that? Why would he reaffirm that he is Madara? Why not tell Konan who he really is? I mean Konan was going to die, so why hide the truth? She wasn’t going to tell anyone. Ok there is a possibility that he just wanted Konan to die with the idea of him being Madara, but it doesn’t really make sense.
Now when the real Madara appeared he said “That little brat Nagato managed to grow” just explains what I said before, he wanted Nagato to bring him back to life so he could control the world.
Also when Tobi said the he is “No one” it would sense, if he actually is a clone, an experiment. Because he is basically no one, he is just a tool to do Madara’s bidding, he is nothing really.
So I believe that Tobi just rebelled against Madara. You know the whole “The Created Will Always Rebel against the Creators.” For those of you who played Mass Effect 3 or know the ending, you know what I mean. So tell me what do you guys/girls think about this. Does it make sense from your perspective? Or is it completely ridiculous?

Edited by Nostradamus, 22 August 2012 - 08:33 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#39 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (NS means logic @ Aug 22 2012, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are many reasons why the idea of Tobi being Obito grew in my mind, the obvious hints, Uchihas been destined by fate to create war and Naruto putting an end to all of this after his fight Sasuke, Kakashi not spending any time in the graveyard.

We have all this hints after the 2009 interview there was a person who made an analysis and stated that Tobi is Obido, when Kishi said that Next year will be Kakashi's year.

Can someone explain me why would Kishi give us a Kakashi story, if it's not related to any villain?
Will Kishi postpone the war just to see kakashi's past? That's almost like fillers people, Kakashi ark is to explain what happen with Rin and the way she die (if she really die), explain what happen to Obito and why he become corrupted and how Kakashi got the MS. Also Kakashi character needs closure as we see he as not move on from Rin and Obito's death. No one need to worry about Naruto vs Tobi, there is still Naruto vs Madara and Naruto vs Sasuke and Orochimaru is still out their.

Even if he's corrupted he still can be save but tobi is different he's conviced about this plan he planned it for too long.
For me tobi can be anyone because there are too many holes around tobi, there are people saying that it can be kagami, madara's brother for me it's an uchiha it can be any uchiha.
There's something weird about tobi's rinnegan he hast used any of it's powers, because he could absord naruto's rasengan with one of rinnegan's powers he only used it to summon gedou mazou.
and in battle he uses only one jutsu(kamui).

Edited by dovahkiin, 22 August 2012 - 09:15 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

#40 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Aug 22 2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even if he's corrupted he still can be save but tobi is different he's conviced about this plan he planned it for too long.
For me tobi can be anyone because there are too many holes around tobi, there are people saying that it can be kagami, madara's brother for me it's an uchiha it can be any uchiha.
There's something weird about tobi's rinnegan he hast used any of it's powers, because he could absord naruto's rasengan with one of rinnegan's powers he only used it to summon gedou mazou.
and in battle he uses only one jutsu(kamui).

From another user, I do agree with this.

He pretty much built up Obito for non-hardcore fans (Like Kakashi didn't even think about Obito's face) and if he makes someone irrevelant at this point it'll be riddiculous.
http://i999.mangapan...uto-3518941.jpg
http://i999.mangapan...uto-3518957.jpg
http://i995.mangapan...uto-3540629.jpg
http://i996.mangapan...uto-3540639.jpg
*mask breaks*
Tobi: Hello I'm Izuma/Kagami/Madaras clone.
Kakashi: THANK GOD HE IS NOT OBITO.

So dramatic.

So honestly why build up all the tension just to troll your fans and Kakashi?

I know I could be very wrong but Tobi did tell Kakashi that his jutsu will not work on him back at the Summit.
He also called kakashi's power borrowed...which seems strange if he's borrowing it himself

Edited by NS means logic, 22 August 2012 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users