Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

And here it is:
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/598

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#2 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (Nostradamus @ Aug 22 2012, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another action packed chapter and finally Tobi's mask has been shattered. It doesn't matter we've been waiting for years to know who is he?, I guess waiting another week won't kill anyone bravo Kishi you have given us a nice cliffhanger.

Edited by Gravenimage, 22 August 2012 - 11:41 AM.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#3 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Gravenimage @ Aug 22 2012, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another action packed chapter and finally Tobi's mask has been shattered. It doesn't matter we've been waiting for years to know who is he?, I guess waiting another week won't kill anyone bravo Kishi you have given us a nice cliffhanger.

Unless... Kishimoto decides to leave this chapter like that and cut back to Orochimaru and Sasuke. That would be the ultimate troll.

Btw, I loved that part of the chapter were the eight tails catch the sharingans with his tails and he is all like "hell yeah!" only for a second later one of his tentacles gets cut, and he's like "not again..."

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#4 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:58 AM

It took me a second to understand what Kakashi and Naruto did but that is absolutely kick butt based on how absolutely cocky Tobi was. But man! This cliffhanger is insane! Can not wait for Wednesday.

#5 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 22 2012, 04:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unless... Kishimoto decides to leave this chapter like that and cut back to Orochimaru and Sasuke. That would be the ultimate troll.

Btw, I loved that part of the chapter were the eight tails catch the sharingans with his tails and he is all like "hell yeah!" only for a second later one of his tentacles gets cut, and he's like "not again..."

If Kishi does that I am going to be pi****.

Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#6 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Finnaly naruto was able to use rasengan with one hand only!

reason for edit: added spoiler tag for new text on first page of thread - tricksie
SK-303_image007.jpg

#7 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Great chapter and I can't wait for next week so we can finally get to find out just who the hell Tobi really is, of course after that we will probably have to sit through about a month of flashbacks maybe more depending on who Tobi is.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#8 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

We're this close to seeing is face! This close th_cussing.gif!! Oh well poor Kakashi just for his sake I really hope Tobi isn't Obito sad.gif

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#9 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Good chapter --Click here to view--
So it's safe to assume that it's Obito's body, at least.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, it's got to be at least Obito's eye. And possibly his body.

But if it's really his body, I'm still not sure whether it is the Obito from Kakashi's childhood — with personality, hopes, dreams and heartaches intact — just warped beyond belief, or if it truly is a shell. Obito's body resurrected as a vessel for Madara's soul.

lol - Obito's a ninja horcrux! biggrin.gif

Nice illustration on Naruto. He looks nothing like the kid in the track outfit. He's starting to look like a leader. I love the silhouette the cloak/coat gives him. For the first time, he's looking just as bad@ss as Sasuke usually does. And Kishimoto is making great use of that. No more paunched jacket with crazy spread-eagle jumps. Naruto is getting the soaring leap with the nice profile. Hair blown back, coat flying and flamey bits coming off him. Definitely meant to be a visual cue of his maturity and laying the groundwork for him to be on par with Sasuke when the time comes.

#11 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 22 2012, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But if it's really his body, I'm still not sure whether it is the Obito from Kakashi's childhood — with personality, hopes, dreams and heartaches intact — just warped beyond belief, or if it truly is a shell. Obito's body resurrected as a vessel for Madara's soul.

I also thought once that Tobi could be Obito with Madara's soul, perhaps just another experiment from Orochimaru, but it can't be, Madara is fighting the kages, his soul can't be in two places at the same time, right?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#12 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

Yup...it's him alright. --Click here to view--
Yup, Obito alright. Sharing the same sharingan.

Edited by Strangelove, 22 August 2012 - 01:01 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#13 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 22 2012, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice illustration on Naruto. He looks nothing like the kid in the track outfit. He's starting to look like a leader. I love the silhouette the cloak/coat gives him. For the first time, he's looking just as bad@ss as Sasuke usually does. And Kishimoto is making great use of that. No more paunched jacket with crazy spread-eagle jumps. Naruto is getting the soaring leap with the nice profile. Hair blown back, coat flying and flamey bits coming off him. Definitely meant to be a visual cue of his maturity and laying the groundwork for him to be on par with Sasuke when the time comes.

The only thing with him being a shell (and I just thought of this), it takes away much of the personal connection. It it's truly just a shell why he's so bent out of shape about Kakashi? He has to retain some pieces of Obito for that to make sense. Otherwise, why would a true shell with a different soul be so bitter about Kakashi? I think an attempt at creating a shell failed and we end with a mixed mess or a damaged Obito, until Kakashi or Naruto whips plot no jutsu on him.

Also I have sharingan asspull questions galore if it's Obito (no matter the form), especially Kakashi having 3 tomoe and using Kamui.

#14 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

If anything this chapter confirms that there is definately some sort of connection between Obito and Tobi. Whatever that is remains to be seen.

As for the rest of the chapter, it was pretty damn awesome. I agree with tricksie that, not only does Naruto act more mature, he also looks more mature. It's almost scary.

Now all that's left is for us to finally find out who's behind that damn mask.

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#15 Guest_Kim_*

Guest_Kim_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (alexander @ Aug 22 2012, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't put ideas into his head! Anyway great chapter, the suspense is killing me!

#16 Darth Krypt

Darth Krypt

Sith Lord

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Basically most of us are thinking what Kakashi is thinking. "It can't be Obito." But he's not sure because Obito has no motive but the Kamui power says otherwise.

DK

PgkbwAs.png

#17 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Aug 22 2012, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only thing with him being a shell (and I just thought of this), it takes away much of the personal connection. It it's truly just a shell why he's so bent out of shape about Kakashi? He has to retain some pieces of Obito for that to make sense. Otherwise, why would a true shell with a different soul be so bitter about Kakashi? I think an attempt at creating a shell failed and we end with a mixed mess or a damaged Obito, until Kakashi or Naruto whips plot no jutsu on him.

Also I have sharingan asspull questions galore if it's Obito (no matter the form), especially Kakashi having 3 tomoe and using Kamui.

Even though I think we're inevitably moving to a FrankenObito of some sort, I'm still not pleased about it. By suddenly making him Kakashi's enemy, it undermines all the buildup of Tobi vs. Naruto. The motives get really murky, really quickly.

Go back to the beginning, when Tobi came out of nowhere to claim the Kyuubi. If he's truly Obito, then why didn't he make a bigger deal of defeating Minato, his former teacher? It's a highly repeated theme in the manga. But Tobi looks at him as an equal. Not the satisfaction of besting his teacher, like Orochimaru vs. the Third, Pain vs. Jiraiya, etc.

I'm leaning toward your last thought - that Obito is alive but warped. Part of his soul is also trapped in this shell of a body. Tobi could be feeding of some old resentment, using Obito's knowledge of Kakashi's history as ammunition against him. Obito is there, but powerless to stop him. (Just like Orochimaru in Anko's body. He's there all along, watching and understanding, just not participating.) So at some point Kakashi is going to realize this, then he will set about to truly free his best friend from the metaphorical rock he's been held under - his old body and Tobi's justu.

Perhaps Tobi is where Orochimaru got all his body stealing ideas from. And Sasuke isn't so much the ultimate body for Orochimaru, but the ultimate vessel for Tobi's soul.

Tobi doesn't seem like a partnering sort of person. And if Sasuke has the eyes like Madara's for controlling the kyuubi and a physical prowess on par with any prodigy Uchiha, then he'd be a perfect match for Tobi to resurrect himself.

And if hatred is what fuels him, then fanning the flames of Sasuke's hatred serves Tobi very well. And that in turn is the perfect foil for Naruto's strength, he who has spent so much time ridding himself and others of their inner hatred. Ridding Sasuke of his own hatred would not only free him personally, but lessen Tobi's power over him.

...eh, just a thought.... sweatdrop.gif

#18 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Aug 22 2012, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Naruto reached that level of bad@ss about 150 chapters ago (actually he surpassed then), he's approaching Minato's level now.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#19 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (dovahkiin @ Aug 22 2012, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finnaly naruto was able to use rasengan with one hand only!

reason for edit: added spoiler tag for new text on first page of thread - tricksie

No he can do it one hand when in Kurama's chakra mode, we first saw this during the battle at the VoTE, So it's not really anything new.

Good piece of teamwork from Naruto and Kakashi, a simple eye signal told Kakashi he wanted the clone sent to the other dimension so when he sent the BijuuDoma in Tobi's direction Tobi would have a choice between getting hit by a Rasengan or a Bijuu bomb.

Naruto needs to add a cloak to his collection, and maybe change his costume, the Kurama-buddy cloak looks awesome his best look since he wore the cloak when he entered the battle against Pain, we never did get a reason why he suddenly wore the cloak in battle did we?

Edited by harry4e, 22 August 2012 - 03:09 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#20 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Instead of copy pasting let me quote myself.

QUOTE (Don-kun;44242292)
From the moment I saw Kakashi's power vs Deidara and the moment Tobi show his Sharingan to Kakashi and the Konoha Rookies and disappearing the same way Kakashi jutsu works, I start asking if he maybe Tobi is Obito, my only doubt was when he call himself Madara, but later seeing Madara's power, then Tobi calling himself No One when Naruto told him Madara was fighting the Kages I changed back to Obito.

I didn't want to accept it was Obito since I like his speech, but I will not keep pretending anymore, I don't remember Kishi beeing too obvious with something and it ends up being someone else. Obito will be perfect for Kakashi to finally move on since he also need his resolution, it seems that no one cares about Kakashi's closure because they want it to be someone else or refuse to accept they were wrong.

Edited by NS means logic, 22 August 2012 - 04:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users