#141 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 7 2012, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that it is unpopular it does okay for any manga from Jump Square but not in the top range such as Claymore etc It usually charts in the Orican rankings each volume but has never to my knowledge sold to the level I would want.

it is monthly so it actually is updated within days of it coming out, the current chapter 55 was released Aug 4th in Jump Square

I just think it is a better story than most of the "popular" manga and think it should have sales like them.

maybe I just want Ikeda to be filthy rich lol

I never get the became a battle manga thing, I have heard this many times recently it always was a battle manga with elements of romance

Well, the series started as a very episodic, monster/girl of the week type deal, with Inner Moka (hotness) waking up to deal with the foe, so yes that element has always been a part of it, but now not only does Moka fight, but there's a team of fighters and Tsukune can now fight too. Before it was more about Tsukune's blossoming relationship with Moka and his survival in a non-human academy, but now it's become a save the world through battles manga. Save a Moka, save the world. The escalated scale has also caused the escalation in the number of people who fight. That's why I think it's transformed more into a battle manga. That doesn't mean the other genres aren't still present, but they've taken a backseat to battling.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#142 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (chouzu_tao @ Aug 7 2012, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, the series started as a very episodic, monster/girl of the week type deal, with Inner Moka (hotness) waking up to deal with the foe, so yes that element has always been a part of it, but now not only does Moka fight, but there's a team of fighters and Tsukune can now fight too. Before it was more about Tsukune's blossoming relationship with Moka and his survival in a non-human academy, but now it's become a save the world through battles manga. Save a Moka, save the world. The escalated scale has also caused the escalation in the number of people who fight. That's why I think it's transformed more into a battle manga. That doesn't mean the other genres aren't still present, but they've taken a backseat to battling.

The only reason is there wasn't a "team" at first is they were not yet introduced, as soon as they were the team fighting began, for example the Public Safety Committee arc, the original Rubi arc, etc etc The save the world thing was in the first series save the school and progressed as we dealt into Moka's past in series 2 but heck this is only my opinion.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#143 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

sorry I guess my frustration from another forum came out directed at you, wasn't me intent just trying to state my opinion.

I have a harder time forgiving Akua than Fujisaki and it seems she will be redeemed or at least the hints are there so Fujisaki becoming on the good side could happen.

Edited by Verilance, 08 August 2012 - 09:10 AM.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#144 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 7 2012, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only reason is there wasn't a "team" at first is they were not yet introduced, as soon as they were the team fighting began, for example the Public Safety Committee arc, the original Rubi arc, etc etc The save the world thing was in the first series save the school and progressed as we dealt into Moka's past in series 2 but heck this is only my opinion.

i'm confused. I never said it was a bad thing, nor am I saying it's evolved into something crappy, nor did I say I was someone who didn't like the manga (at all) for these reasons. I only conjectured as to why people may not have followed or left the series. I might be misinterpreting how you're saying things, but it sounds like you're frustrated at me. I don't want to cause a conflict like this so as our opinions on this will continue to be what they are, let's leave this specific topic.

Moving on,
continuing kinda spoiler --Click here to view--
we're going to finish this match with Akua, hopefully with Moka and Tsukune teaming up.
It's obviously going to be a tough one for them, but how do you guys see the rest of this arc panning out? We've still got a lot of bads (known and unkown) in waiting. [side-tangent MAX!: Miyabi Fujisaki is a villain, no matter what after what he did to Mizore even if it wasn't to the horrifying extent we were initially misled to believe, WTF Akihisa Ikeda?!?!?!?!? trying to make him seem like a cool bad@ss, NO!]

QUOTE (Verilance @ Aug 8 2012, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry I guess my frustration from another forum came out directed at you, wasn't me intent just trying to state my opinion.

I have a harder time forgiving Akua than Fujisaki and it seems she will be redeemed or at least the hints are there so Fujisaki becoming on the good side could happen.

Cool cool.

I see her heart shifting too, though it may be too unstable to save. Do you think Akua will change after she's defeated or during the fight? I can see either happening. A lot of the girls in Tsukune's harem did start off as enemies, so it's plausible for her to join the team and not the "team".

I guess I'm just super biased against Fujisaki because he's a slimball... even if he's playing an undercover, what he did, with none of his fairytail companions around... unforgivable. I pray Mizore does not wind up with even a smidgen of feelings for him. If she does, I'm done with this manga. And it almost felt like the mangaka trying to spoonfeed us into forgiving him. I am being a baby. I will spit it back out.

Edited by chouzu_tao, 08 August 2012 - 09:22 AM.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users