Close
Photo

The NEW NaruSaku Debate Thread

• Please log in to reply
54175 replies to this topic

#49581 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

Also the whole "shut up, don't question the ending, and just support it" response was always going to get negative feedback like it does any other time someone uses it. Though the obey the state message Naruto devolved into by the end, and the fact the sequel is merely the cycle continues certainly didn't help.

If anything, I would tell them the same if it was something else that they liked, but hated the ending for, but I'm not that petty. I could do that to people who are pissed at Bleach just because Ichigo and Rukia didn't end up together, in spite of the evidence it was possible, but how both were too different, and it would mean one would have to give up their life to be with the other, but it would make me no better than the NaruHina dumbasses who try to pull that crap with us just to spite us.

#49582 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:11 PM

If anything, I would tell them the same if it was something else that they liked, but hated the ending for, but I'm not that petty. I could do that to people who are pissed at Bleach just because Ichigo and Rukia didn't end up together, in spite of the evidence it was possible, but how both were too different, and it would mean one would have to give up their life to be with the other, but it would make me no better than the NaruHina dumbasses who try to pull that crap with us just to spite us.

While Ichigo and Orihime were built up, I'd have rather Rukia end up with Ichigo because they had the best chemistry. I thought Orihime had better chemistry with Chad. Too bad Kubo turned Rukia into a useless side character we hardly ever saw compared to the first arcs. Honestly, I think my biggest peeve was her ending up with Renji who she has NO chemistry with. I'd have rather seen her single focused on being a captain. We didn't even get to see what happened with Urahara and Yoruichi who probably had the most potential of being a couple.

A good example to compare Bleach to is Highschool Rumble. The main 2 had great chemistry and ended up with other people. People were pissed about that.

Edited by jak123, 31 August 2018 - 03:14 PM.

#49583 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:36 PM

I wonder if NS was endgame then what would Naruto interacting with Sakura's parents be like. I honestly can see him and Hinata's dad getting along.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49584 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:03 PM

I wonder if NS was endgame then what would Naruto interacting with Sakura's parents be like. I honestly can see him and Hinata's dad getting along.

Did her parents ever actually appear in the story?

#49585 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

Did her parents ever actually appear in the story?

In the NS movie...a few filler episodes in the anime...I honestly think they died before the gaiden because we never see them in Boruto what so ever.

#49586 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:35 PM

In the NS movie...a few filler episodes in the anime...I honestly think they died before the gaiden because we never see them in Boruto what so ever.

I hope they died not knowing that their daughter is a submissive housewife, betraying what she stood for.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49587 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Writing and reading fanfiction.

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

I highly doubt they did. I know I never saw any mention of such, but then again, this is Sakura we're talking about, so I think we need to lower the characterization expectations.

Edited by Wyle23, 31 August 2018 - 08:40 PM.

#49588 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

Her parents don't fit in with SS at all. Like how Kushina does not fit with NH. So they can't be used.

#49589 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:26 PM

Screenshot_8.png

Why am I not impressed?

#49590 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

Because cannon Sakura is on the cover. That alone is plague-worthy.

#49591 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:02 PM

Her parents don't fit in with SS at all. Like how Kushina does not fit with NH. So they can't be used.

Pretty much. Her parents were yet another parallel to NS. Sakura's mother was the stern authoritative figure in the family that still enjoyed her husband's joke, while her father was the unfunny goof ball that in another world where he had more ambition became hokage instead of Minato.

Why am I not impressed?

Oh right that came out yesterday didn't it? Because that poster is bland, and you know this is a crap game? For pete's sake they didn't even match them up properly. Sakura should be fighting Salad, and Sasuke should be fighting Cups. Yes I know they want her to be the next Sasuke instead of the next Sakura, but they color match up doesn't work here. Also they tried to hide her as much as possible didn't they? -Edit: hell if they really wanted the buyer to feel important they should have the OC stand-in face off against Sasuke, and have Cups face Kakashi.-

OK about 2000 people are watching streams of it on twitch -lower than Smite- at the moment. To be honest I like Smite but it is what I consider a baseline for streaming views on twitch. A game has to be doing better then that to be successful.

On youtube (limited to this week so I could check people playing it) the second highest viewed video of the last week is Team four star play -which from what Evil and Kagomaru said they are kittening on it- is has 66K views. A few other youtubers that play anime games are playing it and are pulling in similar if lower numbers. 

Overall have to wait a month a see if it actually sells. I see it doing OK to average at the moment. So this isn't going to be the Naruto's Boruto's Boruto's Dad's Boruto's Dad's to Hinata's Son's Xenoverse which this franchise desperately needs since the people on that made the ninja storm games are moving on to a different franchise at this point.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 September 2018 - 12:00 AM.

#49592 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:24 PM

family_reunion_by_cailidevel-d59b76a.png

Honestly, I can see this happening.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49593 winter-serenade

winter-serenade

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:04 AM

Screenshot_8.png

Why am I not impressed?

Who the hell is that guy to the right of Sarada?

#49594 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 03:10 AM

Who the hell is that guy to the right of Sarada?

The OC stand in; he is a stand in for "your" player character. He is on the poster to highlight that you can make a custom character to play in the Ninja world with Boruto and his...sycophants.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 September 2018 - 03:11 AM.

#49595 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

The OC stand in; he is a stand in for "your" player character. He is on the poster to highlight that you can make a custom character to play in the Ninja world with Boruto and his...sycophants.

So it's like the South Park games where you play as yourself.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#49596 Wyle23

Wyle23

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:19 AM

No parents in their right mind would allow their daughter to married someone like Sasuke.

lol u wish.

#49597 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:04 AM

So it's like the South Park games where you play as yourself.

Yes those as well as most Role Playing Games now a days.

#49598 totherpage95

totherpage95

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

Oh right that came out yesterday didn't it? Because that poster is bland, and you know this is a crap game? For pete's sake they didn't even match them up properly. Sakura should be fighting Salad, and Sasuke should be fighting Cups. Yes I know they want her to be the next Sasuke instead of the next Sakura, but they color match up doesn't work here. Also they tried to hide her as much as possible didn't they? -Edit: hell if they really wanted the buyer to feel important they should have the OC stand-in face off against Sasuke, and have Cups face Kakashi.-

well sasuke did almost kill salad in the scarlet spring adventure and he wasn't there for salad for the majority of her life so sasuke fighting her kind of made sense

#49599 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:30 PM

What I wonder is what would her backstory have been if Karin was her mother like she was supposed to be. I can't see Karin living in Konoha so how would she have ended up being there? And would they still have the issue where Sasuke was never in her life at all?

#49600 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

What I wonder is what would her backstory have been if Karin was her mother like she was supposed to be. I can't see Karin living in Konoha so how would she have ended up being there? And would they still have the issue where Sasuke was never in her life at all?

Best way to go about it: 

Sasuke doesn't get forgiven for his crimes so he's a rogue ninja/part of Orochimaru's group with Karin. Orochimaru also isn't forgiven for his crimes.

They are the main bad guys of Boruto.
Sasuke and Karin have Sarada and then have Sarada infiltrate the village. So she has to hide her Sharingan. 

Eventually Naruto finds out, but he doesn't hold it against her and protects her. She bonds with Naruto. 
Boruto (who's much better since his mother is Sakura) becomes jealous and connects with Sasuke and becomes a rogue ninja. 

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users