#1 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:14 PM

So fellow H&E'rs what shows are you watching currently on television? With the Fall season coming upon us network television looks to have their new and returning shows to start airing soon.

Myself I am currently watching:
  • American Gangster (BET)
  • Entourage (HBO)
  • Mad Men (AMC)
  • Sports Center (ESPN)
  • True Blood (HBO)
  • Weeds (Showtime)

American Gangster has been an interesting view which my friend recommended and I like it since it's gritty and intriguing documentary episodes. Entourage gives off the cool awesome vibe which makes it a fun watch. Mad Men is in my opinion the best drama on television right now. I watch ESPN all the time but almost always catch Sports Center. True Blood has just been getting crazier and more bizarre as the season finale just looms of having a wild ending. Weeds seems to be the only show I might drop since it's pretty much turned into a Mexican soap opera with all the drama that's going on...

So what are you watching? Favorite television shows? Anything new you've been meaning to try? Something you'd like to discuss? General tv thread!

#2 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

*Cough*

I've heard good things about Mad Men on the radio. But since torrents don't work at school, I have to stream. hm.png

I'm currently watching Top Gear from the beginning via streaming.

#3 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

I'm currently watching The tutors.

#4 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:29 PM

Well, my bro 'acquired' seasons 1-5 of House, so occasionally, I watch that. History Channel's Clash of the Gods is a fun thing to watch when I DO manage to see it. CSI on CBS on Demand if they have the new episodes. Don't really watch a lot of TV in general.

#5 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:28 AM

Well, I recently bought:

House seasons 1-4
NCIS 1-5
The Shield 1-5
Entourage 1-5
The Unit 1-2
The Sopranos 1-6 (complete series)
Deadwood 1-3 (complete series)
Smallville 1-6.

Of course, I have only watched NCIS so far.

At the moment I am watching House, Burn Notice and Leverage.

#6 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:31 AM

Lost!! ...about the only show i really keep up with, tho i randomly watch other things (when i remember to). The Office for one. I sorta want to start watching heroes online, but who knows when i will get around to that.

Oh, and scrubs was completely ruined for me, by the end >.<

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

Well personally, the only shows I'm watching are the following:

Smallville: This season one of the villans from the Superman comics will make his debut and I just found out that:
Last season's Jimmy Olsen died but here, his brother will take his name and become "the" Jimmy from we all know in the original story. Crazy stuff I tell you.

Supernatural: Ok... now this is just some crazy stuff because first the brothers dealt with demons, now they have to go head to head with the baddest of the bad... Lucifer...

90210 (2009) : apparently I started watching it, and I wanted to know what's going to happen next with Annie, Dixon, Naomi and the rest of the gang...

America's Next Top Model: I forgot what season we're on now, so more of that drama..

and more drama with: The Real Housewives of Atlanta (yes, don't ask... I want to see catfights)....

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Sep 8 2009, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, and scrubs was completely ruined for me, by the end >.<

Yeah the last few seasons weren't that great since they shifted heavily towards the drama. That whole thing with JD/Kim's baby brought down the enjoyment of the show for me. I missed the lighthearted and carefree humor of the earlier seasons. I thought the last episode was well done though especially with JD's vision. The new Scrubs with the interns doesn't interest me so I'm done with the series.

I'm going to check out Dexter which my friend recommended. Been watching How I Met Your Mother here and there as well and its not a bad sitcom but hasn't really impressed.

#9 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

Its just about fall so...

1.Plenty of NFL Games + ESPN and NFL Network
2.My favorite comedy, Its always sunny in philadelphia season 5
3.The Office Season 6, even though last season wasn't that funny...
4.Anthony Bourdain No Reservations The only travel show Ive ever liked and have been watching since the first season
\

#10 Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Whirlpool-Maelstrom

Sometimes I get to poetic for my own good!

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Reading Fanfiction and video games(lately it's only being the former)

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Getting ready to watch the Red Bull Air Race here on Portugal on weekend (Couldn't get a ticket and it's to far for me to go shamefulcry0js.gif ) So I'll have to go with TV.

#11 Kamina-Yoshi

Kamina-Yoshi

The Purple Dinosaur.

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Interests:Stand-Up Comedy, Novel Writing.

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:05 PM

I am going to watch Fringe's second season in September.

#12 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

I know what I'm gonna watch... GLEE!!!

#13 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 09 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

At this point, I'm just watching it because of Clark and Lois, which have great actors doing a good job so far. The series has done alot of crappy turns, like Jimmy's retcon, and Lana's super kryptonite powers, and the death of Lex Luthor. All of these characters play a bigger role in Superman's life in the future, although I admit Lana is of lesser importance, she still appears. I loved how they did Doomsday though... the cg was awesome! I don't think another Zod can top that, but I'll keep with this until the drama llama can just have Clark and Lois get together and end the show. I've watched every single episode up to this point, and I own all the seasons on dvd, so I'll be damned if I don't finish it.

Supernatural --Click here to view--
The first (two) season(s) of Supernatural was beyond awesome. I watched the first two seasons more or less in one sitting, but I'm not that hyped anymore. The story is too cheesy really, but I enjoy the small pitstops where the previous glory of the first couple of seasons glimmer through the dark emo that is the newest season. I admit to being excited about how the hell (lol, did y'all see what I did there?) they're going to beat Satan himself, but I guess there's still time. I wouldn't mind to get Bela Talbot back though... hot!

How I Met Your Mother --Click here to view--
I just started this series recently, yet I'm almost done with the third season. I love the characters, and the whole show is just brilliant. Or as Barney would say it:

This show is legen... wait for it... DARY!

Big Bang Theory --Click here to view--
Sheldon! Nuff said!

Yes, I'm re-watching Chuck this fall, to be ready for the Chuck/Sarah fluff I demand from season 3. Why did they decide to torture the fans like they did? They better bring it! rawr.gif

Criminal Minds --Click here to view--
Psych power will always prevail! YOSHA!

I might add more series to the list, but I want to catch up on my animu soon as well. And with school, work and my job at the Student Society (Video Committee), I don't know how much time I'll have. Why couldn't they just add a couple of hours to the day?

#14 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:47 AM

House, season premiere, right now. It's frightening how similar it is to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

#15 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

Well, besides my occasional adult swim anime binge I usually watch SyFy's programing

Warehouse 13
Eureka
Sanctuary

Plus some cartoon on NickToons mainly Wolverine and he X-men and Iron Man
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#16 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Curb your Enthusiasm returns for its seventh season and once again the first episode was pure awesome. Larry David continues his ingenious work of providing great laughs and with the Seinfeld reunion it can only get better. This is the BEST sitcom on t.v. easily. Seriously it's a must watch even if you didn't like Seinfeld; just check out some of the clips on youtube.

Also I'm glad to see my other two favorite shows Mad Men and 30 Rock winning the Emmy's for best drama and comedy for the second straight year. It's a pity not many people watch Mad Men since it is a simply fantastic show with lots of depth, intrigue, and great universal critical acclaim. Unfortunately, most of America prefers reality shows so not surprised that intelligent shows such as Mad Men get passed by (yes I know my statement sounds elitist as most Mad Men fans are accused of being).

#17 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

Fringe
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Community - pilot was great; probably watch anything with Joel McHale

QUOTE (True @ Sep 23 2009, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also I'm glad to see my other two favorite shows Mad Men and 30 Rock winning the Emmy's for best drama and comedy for the second straight year. It's a pity not many people watch Mad Men since it is a simply fantastic show with lots of depth, intrigue, and great universal critical acclaim. Unfortunately, most of America prefers reality shows so not surprised that intelligent shows such as Mad Men get passed by (yes I know my statement sounds elitist as most Mad Men fans are accused of being).

Mad Men is (un)fortunately on AMC, so by default it's audience isn't going to be as large as a hit show on ABC, FOX, etc. Same deal with another great show, Breaking Bad. Considering how quick network execs can be to cancel "intelligent shows" that lag in ratings (Pushing Daisies - curse you ABC and the writer's strike 111193.gif ), I'd be fine with Mad Men & Breaking Bad staying where they're at

#18 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 24 September 2009 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Sep 9 2009, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big Bang Theory --Click here to view--
Sheldon! Nuff said!

Agreed.
Tsu.gif

#19 Vic Rattlehead

Vic Rattlehead

Droogie

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:Metal, Naruto, NASCAR, Icha Icha

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:34 PM

Sons Of Anarchy is the only show i'm watching right now

EDIT: is it just me, or am i the only person that has noticed some parallels between Sons Of Anarchy and Naruto?

Edited by Vic Rattlehead, 14 October 2009 - 09:47 AM.

"The Crow Flies Straight, A Perfect line. On The Devil's Back Until You Die..."

#20 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

Heroes!! I missed the first episode, so I'm watching it online.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users