#101 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (AzureWaters @ Jan 3 2013, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There needs to be more tolerance when it comes to separate opinions definitely. In the 615 thread, a few members and myself have been getting flack for being "too negative" and that attitude shouldn't be allowed. For instance if your stating that you have doubts about NS happening, the immediate response is to be accused of trolling. The belief is is that your simply trying to aggravate those who are unwavering in their faith instead of actually expressing a genuine concern. I feel like its a method to get rid of a presence that could cause insecurity. If you really believe in the likelihood of NaruSaku you wouldn't care so much about differentiating perspectives.

Yeah like "i believe NH is canon" but does not make any statements for us to debate.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#102 dragonflyx11

dragonflyx11

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

i don't post much -super longtime lurker- but i felt this thread needed a response. when i started liking narusaku an began searching for people like myself i was always bombarded with nothing but negativity, until i found this lil gem of a site (as it was back when i first joined). in all that time i have honestly never seen this place in such an uproar and full of hostility.

was chapter 615 depressing? a lil yes

should we be allowed to show our discomfort about it?? ofc but sensibly an with humility and not such anger.

should other paring fans be welcome here?? ofc as long as they bring a good attitude and our open to SENSIBLE debate.

i find bashing intollerable and offensive, but i do feel we should be allowed to defend our views as long as its in a respectful and intelligent manor and not NH AND SS SUCKS NS FTW!!!!

anyway ive enjoyed my time on this forum and will continue to do so, keep a level head my fellow ns shippers its why i fell in love with H&E in the first place.we had always kept our cool even when we thought NS didnt have a ghost of a chance.

#103 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (dragonflyx11 @ Jan 3 2013, 05:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't post much -super longtime lurker- but i felt this thread needed a response. when i started liking narusaku an began searching for people like myself i was always bombarded with nothing but negativity, until i found this lil gem of a site (as it was back when i first joined). in all that time i have honestly never seen this place in such an uproar and full of hostility.

anyway ive enjoyed my time on this forum and will continue to do so, keep a level head my fellow ns shippers its why i fell in love with H&E in the first place.we had always kept our cool even when we thought NS didnt have a ghost of a chance.

Wow hi, an older member/lurker who I don't really remember meeting before lol. Good to see you and other older members dropping in for a quick word or two, to try to calm waters with our newer members. Thanks~ happy.gif

#104 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I would rather not getting caught in the discussion or reliving it, but...

The rules on this forum are being nice and respectful of other people.

I do not get why someone would have a trouble with THAT.

And I disagree with the mods being too stern or harsh. Actually I think that they are even too lenient and forgiving sometimes.

And if someone sees a post, avatar or sig that is offensive and breaks the rules... seriously, that is what the report button is for.

Anyhow the forum seems somewhat heated up these days, so maybe I should take a break.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#105 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Jan 3 2013, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I disagree with the mods being too stern or harsh. Actually I think that they are even too lenient and forgiving sometimes.

And if someone sees a post, avatar or sig that is offensive and breaks the rules... seriously, that is what the report button is for.

Anyhow the forum seems somewhat heated up these days, so maybe I should take a break.

Don't take a break! I love reading your posts! In fact, I've really enjoyed seeing all the old members, new members and infrequent posters coming back to weigh in on this chapter (and our recent heated exchanges). The down side to all this squabbling is that I haven't been able to respond to some of my favorite posters (BrokenFigurine and KnS among them). And I have a feeling a lot of other regular posters are in that situation too — by the time you catch up reading, it seems pointless to respond as the thread already moved way past it. So thanks for the encouragement to the mods and please don't stay away! biggrin.gif

#106 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Jenskott @ Jan 3 2013, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't post often but I really like reading the post of the members here and you're one of them, members like you are the reason why I show myself more ( along with Tricksie, Paptala, Derock etc), I love reading your posts so i hope that you won't stop sharing your point of view. A break is good, it help when there is too much tension and then you comeback you feel better biggrin.gif

The mods or doing what they can but like you say it's also our responsibility to act if we see member doing something we might find inadequate. The mod are doing fantastic job I think, they give a lot of liberty but when they is something that get out of control, they step in and I respect that way.

#107 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Finnaly.
Thanks.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#108 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Now, I haven't posted in forever, due many reasons (school, dealing with personal relationships, etc) but I agree with everyone else's general consensus to treat all posters with great respect and all. Sometimes, people should be allowed to freely open themselves up with a little self-doubt, on whether or not a pairing could or could not happen, with the intent to build up to change the doubters in a good atmospheric manner.

I don't know how accurate my observations are, but anywho, I think there were times where people were doubting whether NS is happening or not and some people would go on say something like "you're not a NS fan in the first place then if you are thinking like that." Again, I don't know how accurate this is, but let's try to approach certain scenarios like this with the most comforting manner.

Again, there's nothing wrong with letting shields down with the intent of building up. What's the harm?

Also, as for those that may come to this board and try to rub salt in, let's just go ahead and let the mods deal with them accordingly. They have been very tolerant enough in the first place and we should just act in the manner that helps them ease their job up very much. The manner is just a forum where everyone could say their opinions in a respectful manner and everyone giving them respectful response to their diverse opinions. Some people don't have to be all attacking and cause such a negative vibe. Let's try to be positive about all of this, whether or not, the story ends in a manner that we do not like.

Edited by Anguyen92, 03 January 2013 - 06:26 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#109 dragonflyx11

dragonflyx11

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

bashing other paring fans is wrong and uncalled for, but what was worse was all the infighting i saw between fellow ns shippers, as someone had said before me that is what made a long time member like me, upset the most.

615 has caused a lot of turmoil in our fandom there is no doubt of that, but this website has always been seen as kind of a safe haven for us ns shippers. im sure we have all had some negative experiences on other naruto forums. thats why i appreciated a site like this that promoted a friendly environment. you all have a right to be angry, but please do not take it out on others who are at no fault for the reason of that anger. none of us can control what happens in naruto, we are just fans after all.

#110 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

Yeah I was kinda avoiding this site because of all the fighting and arguing going on here. And I apologize if I made comments that were deemed inappropriate. Anyways I would like to say that all Mods are doing a good job here despite the chaos. smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 04 January 2013 - 03:58 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#111 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thank you all for the positive comments. smile.gif

There is still some trouble, but we are cracking down hard on it and we will not hesitate to use temp bans to cool off any hotheads who refuse to stop bashing. Please keep sending in reports whenever you see a post that breaks the rules!

It has been over a week since the last chapter was released, so I would hope that people can move on now. I will change the announcement back to the Winter Contest, now that's something people should be talking about and spending their energy on! wink.gif

When the Naruto manga returns in 2 weeks, I do hope that cooler heads will prevail, no matter what the chapter contains.

Thanks. smile.gif

#112 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

When you say two weeks, you mean, around day 09 or day 16?

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#113 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (alexander @ Jan 4 2013, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you say two weeks, you mean, around day 09 or day 16?

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#114 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

facepalm.png SO people couldn't get along after all. Great, dry.gif the debate thread is closed YET AGAIN. Along with 615 discussions.

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 January 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#115 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 7 2013, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
facepalm.png SO people couldn't get along after all. Great, dry.gif the debate thread is closed YET AGAIN. Along with 615 discussions.

Uh... I would actually like to see what direct evidence they're using as "bashing" that was bad enough to justify closing those threads. mellow.gif

Maybe I missed something, but... I didn't see any flaming or bashing there. Again, I probably missed something, but I guess I'm just a bit confused.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#116 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Oh you wouldn't see it as bashing my friend. Different interpretations here, but there were conflicts that caused tensions and heated arguments so yeah, here we are. While it may not be bashing per say or anything abusive on a grand scale, it CAN cause feelings to be hurt and make people feel un-welcome here, resulting in rage-quits from this sight and Naruto fandom in general. The Mods are trying to prevent that. You may may personally think that it is nothing to fuss about and I won't say you are wrong, cause I understand and see your point of view, its only that we also must appreciate that some people here are sensitive to disagreements or confrontations and don't take them well, so there needs to be regulation, even if the arguments or comments themselves seem petty.

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 January 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#117 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 7 2013, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Jan 7 2013, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Uh... I would actually like to see what direct evidence they're using as "bashing" that was bad enough to justify closing those threads. mellow.gif

Maybe I missed something, but... I didn't see any flaming or bashing there. Again, I probably missed something, but I guess I'm just a bit confused.

There is a very good reason why we closed these threads. And I like to share it with you guys.

On the day we started the discussion of 615, ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE! Many of you were having hissy fits, raging like crazy, flaming not only towards the rival pairings, but also at each other for doubting. And you guys want to know how long this event was happening over here? For almost TWO WEEKS!

It's getting tiring for many of you still going back and forth when we are trying our best to say, "Calm down and take a break!"

I know this chapter became very "stressful" (when obviously, its only a certain character moment, NOT a shipping moment whenever you go back and break it down, piece by piece), but it's time for many of you to move on and go to something else instead worrying about anything Naruto-related for now.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#118 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Thank you for answering.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#119 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 7 2013, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh you wouldn't see it as bashing my friend. Different interpretations here, but there were conflicts that caused tensions and heated arguments so yeah, here we are. While it may not be bashing per say or anything abusive on a grand scale, it CAN cause feelings to be hurt and make people feel un-welcome here, resulting in rage-quits from this sight and Naruto fandom in general. The Mods are trying to prevent that. You may may personally think that it is nothing to fuss about and I won't say you are wrong, cause I understand and see your point of view, its only that we also must appreciate that some people here are sensitive to disagreements or confrontations and don't take them well, so there needs to be regulation, even if the arguments or comments themselves seem petty.

That's a really, really good way of putting it!! You hit the nail on the head. One person's bashing is another one's innocent opinion. We're not trying to determine right or wrong, just trying to keep some balance in all of this.

And let me just say, if those report buttons were real...they'd be broken by now! laugh.gif Which is a good thing! But is goes to show that there a lot of people feeling put-upon for a lot of different reasons. It's not one person or one issue. It's a lot of things snowballed into one. And when individual warnings and general thread warnings are still not getting the message across — that we need everyone to do their part and treat other members of this community fairly and with respect — then that's when the mods (and I mean all of us) look to locking the threads to help clear the air.

#120 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 7 2013, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry but what when people do illogical fallacies on purpose like saying, Kishi did good writing because i liked it, or when you try to debate with someome and this person start doing sarcasm, i actually give a second chance to someome but he answered with sarcasm again, and worse pretend that nothing happened and change the subject, making the impression that this person is just trying to push her thoughts on the people, i didnt even reported because i knew it already reached my limit ,so i put it on the ignore list (again) and focused on replying other people.
If the person start with intentional illogical fallacies i'll just put to my ignore list i dont even care anymore.

Edited by Dαrkrєrsŧ, 07 January 2013 - 09:41 PM.

SK-303_image007.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users