82 replies to this topic

#21 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

From what a recall now it is more, "It how you use the weapon that matters." From both Naruto and Ao. Since it's trying to rid the stain the movie put on all the cool gadgets; that they are cheating and no real ninja would use them. Grant Azor's idea for the theme sounds better. The only life saving tech is the prosthetic, we don't know how well that ointment works. Both of those were invented by sleazy inventor so he would come off as a nicer person this arc instead of the sleaze from the movie. So it would be more reasonable for Bolt to forgive him so he can be  Bolt's "Q.

Well Phantom once they give everyone guns that will get rid of the need for ninjas.

#22 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

I don't think that is the theme personally because all the new tech shown last chapter were military weapons, and from what a call of the items listed there was only one thing that would "save a life". A cream of some sort, was it, that could heal wounds? But the point is that seems VERY CHEAP when Konoha has already been the premiere village that introduced the medical corps. on the battle field. Plus all other items that were not weapons? Half arsed ripoff gimmicks that just let others do what "Ninja's should already know how do" (i.e.wall climbing gear) SO unless they are thinking  of bringing civilians to fight, Ninjas have no use for any of those things. In fact based on what the chapter is shown, By that logic it is not showing the life saving properties of technology, it is encouraging those with no formal chakra training to "go to war".

Well, the gun changed the whole battlefield because it reduced the amount of time needed to train a common civilian. Suddenly you didn't need to be a Samurai to stand on your own on the battlefield. A rifle or a musket sufficed.

Which brings me to my other point...what time period is this stupidity supposed to be based on. It feels like we have moved from the Edo period, to the Meiji, and now to the modern period, this transition is pretty dumb.

Look at the different successful manga out there. DBZ was set in a futuristic Earth (capsule corp). FMA was set during the early stages of World War II. (Tanks). One Piece is clearly set during the age of piracy, and My Hero Academia is set in the modern period. Naruto on the other hand is set in the past, the present, and the future, also it has aliens.

tumblr_p7wkb2FRTk1r3exqoo1_500.gif

#23 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

The problem is Naruto time period has always been kind of hard to figure out. The best I figured was modern day but in a world with Chakra using ninjas. So some stuff such as TV, radio, & computers exist but are limited in the world but thing like Cars Trains Planes and Guns didn't because the need for them wasn't their in the world. Now only fifteen years later. We have robots (granted they do make sense since they are based off ninja puppets,) trains, cyborgs, mini-guns, and lightsabers. There is some logic to the technology but the technological leap in such as short amount of time -and apparently because of just one man- makes it come off as very ludicrous. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 March 2018 - 12:31 AM.

#24 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

I saw more bull-S in tumblr

tumblr_p1gka5RBSa1utcee6o1_1280.png

So the new york city is still there after all , last time i see it , it was in chapter 700 and then i don't remember ever seeing that again. And apparently they like to destroy things. When boruto confront kawaki konoha is destroyed , but obviously not in this arc because they are still kid and that boruto is an adult , so konoha gonna be rebuilt after this , and i wonder WTF naruto and sasuke doing ... this story doesn't make sense anymore , i'm amaze kishimoto purposely turn blind while these guy torn apart his 12 years story.

Edited by Yyubie, 25 December 2017 - 09:29 PM.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#25 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

He doesn't care anymore, and he wants to leave. Which he is now allowed to. The skyscrapers are back in the anime as well...though they have never actually had a scene in that area in any media so far.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 25 December 2017 - 10:35 PM.

#26 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

From what a recall now it is more, "It how you use the weapon that matters." From both Naruto and Ao. Since it's trying to rid the stain the movie put on all the cool gadgets; that they are cheating and no real ninja would use them. Grant Azor's idea for the theme sounds better. The only life saving tech is the prosthetic, we don't know how well that ointment works. Both of those were invented by sleazy inventor so he would come off as a nicer person this arc instead of the sleaze from the movie. So it would be more reasonable for Bolt to forgive him so he can be  Bolt's "Q.

Well Phantom once they give everyone guns that will get rid of the need for ninjas.

Well, the gun changed the whole battlefield because it reduced the amount of time needed to train a common civilian. Suddenly you didn't need to be a Samurai to stand on your own on the battlefield. A rifle or a musket sufficed.

Which brings me to my other point...what time period is this stupidity supposed to be based on. It feels like we have moved from the Edo period, to the Meiji, and now to the modern period, this transition is pretty dumb.

Look at the different successful manga out there. DBZ was set in a futuristic Earth (capsule corp). FMA was set during the early stages of World War II. (Tanks). One Piece is clearly set during the age of piracy, and My Hero Academia is set in the modern period. Naruto on the other hand is set in the past, the present, and the future, also it has aliens.

Well that is fine and all, but it does not necessarily refute my point does it? It fact, I'd argue that it just furthers my opinion

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

Naruto era happen in 80's, while first hokage happen in 1800 or before Meiji restoration. Burito happen in post 2000.

The problem with gun in naruto, it never establish. And the fact that naruto has some ground reality in the setting. So having a gun will change the outcome of the battle. The only manga who can pull something like that is hunterxhunter since gun exist but useless because nen user is pretty much super human.

In naruto ninja is not invincible. They are practically a wizard.

#28 Yyubie

Yyubie

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

I believe there should step by step ... from kunai shuriken sword , to bow and arrow , to riffle and cannon ball/powder , to handgun , to automatic riffle / smg , then the big gun like rocket/grenade launcher and mini/gattling gun , and i don't think 10 years enough to achieve all that technology to laser / lightsaber which is basically futuristic already one foot step in sci-fi genre. But the author skip too many step , well it doesn't matter to me they already abandon logic 4 years ago.

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#29 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:07 AM

Or you know, just remember Kishimoto's old interview where he said that bullets are faster than ninjas...

#30 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:20 AM

Or you know, just remember Kishimoto's old interview where he said that bullets are faster than ninjas...

I don't think he ever said that.

#31 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

Does anyone remember what I said about the three types of ninja? Classical/Feudal & Cyber-Punk are the popular ones while people hate modern day ninja.

Naruto was a modern ninja but technology was so rarely used for anything serious and rarely brought up; so it generally came off as Classical ninjas. Boruto shoves the modern technology in the audiences' face so it can never be seen as Classical, but it's also trying to move itself into the cyber punk with the inventions that we are seeing this arc. There are two problems with this one) Cyber-punk ninja only work when they a fully entrenched into cyber punk not just starting out, and two) the leap in technology is so huge that if you stop to think about it for even a second; it will throw you completely out of the story.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 December 2017 - 06:49 AM.

#32 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

It basically technology vs magic(ninja). I think it could be make an interesting story, but I don't know if burito will go there or it will never flesh out like many waste potential in naruto manga.

#33 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

I don't think he ever said that.

He did in his early interviews.

#34 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

I saw more bull-S in tumblr

tumblr_p1gka5RBSa1utcee6o1_1280.png

So the new york city is still there after all , last time i see it , it was in chapter 700 and then i don't remember ever seeing that again. And apparently they like to destroy things. When boruto confront kawaki konoha is destroyed , but obviously not in this arc because they are still kid and that boruto is an adult , so konoha gonna be rebuilt after this , and i wonder WTF naruto and sasuke doing ... this story doesn't make sense anymore , i'm amaze kishimoto purposely turn blind while these guy torn apart his 12 years story.

To be fair, this is the only thing I can look forward to this dumb story. The destruction of it all.

#35 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

Actually, as bad things are now, this is actually pretty mild...some dude with a minigun. Either the author and editors don't really care right now, as they know that their crap will never reach the top of popularity, and are just looking to give Shonen Jump an excuse to end their manga. Or they really are out of their minds.

Edit: Some of you may be too young, but have any of you seen the movie by Mel Brooks the producers. The overall plot was about making a money laundering scheme using a failed play about Hitler.

Well, this is basically what it's starting to feel like. Pull as many things that will insult the fans in order to get the series canceled.

I see it now:

"Kishimoto-senpai, How can we make Boruto such a good and and fantastic anime?"

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#36 Azor Ahai

Azor Ahai

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

I see it now:

"Kishimoto-senpai, How can we make Boruto such a good and and fantastic anime?"

YEEESSSSSSSS!

#37 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Did they use guns ? XD

Mini-Hinata saying she likes Boruto in the manga ?... LuckyChi, if you will with the reports on the Boruto pairing wars.

Edited by T XD, 28 December 2017 - 02:15 PM.

#38 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Did they use guns ? XD

Mini-Hinata saying she likes Boruto in the manga?... LuckyChi, if you will with the reports on the Boruto pairing wars.

Apparently so. Just waiting for that in the anime!!!! Make LOTS OF popcorn will ya? XD

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#39 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

Apparently so. Just waiting for that in the anime!!!! Make LOTS OF popcorn will ya? XD

I'm crying right now, I'm so happy and so excited that my one true pairing is finally happening.

Finally BS is happening. The greatest BullSh!t is coming. :D

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#40 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

Ready and set.

I'm crying right now, I'm so happy and so excited that my one true pairing is finally happening.

Finally BS is happening. The greatest BullSh!t is coming. :D

Both Boruto x Sarada and Boruto x Sumire will show the hypocrisy of those who are involved doing the story and those who support NH and SS wanting either of those pairings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users