Close
Photo

Overpowered Naruto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Overpowered Naruto? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like Naruto to be overpowered to any extent in fanfics?

1. Yes, Totally! (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Yes, but only slightly. (26 votes [52.00%])

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

3. No, it gets weird...... (19 votes [38.00%])

Percentage of vote: 38.00%

Vote

#21 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

Well, I'm more of the underdog kind of Naruto, who becomes stronger by training and fighting for his friends.

I only when he's overpowered, in those fics where he is already hokage or something.
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#22 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:49 PM

I remember reading a Metal Gear crossover recently where Naruto met his uncle (who had an english sounding name and was über), and he could beat Zabuza in his first ever real fight. The thing that put me off the most was that he got that cybernetic suit thingie, and then he trained in VR using ARMY SIMS for like.. six years or something, where he didn't move his real body at all. I don't know if there was a pairing in that story or not, since I was quick to discard it.

There's also the stories where he magically grows older because Kyuubi gives him more of his power, and he's like "OMFG, Im leik half dem00n now?1!?!?!!" since the transformation merged the two. But even though he's merged with the most powerful being in the entire narutoverse, he's still only "Elite Jounin level" or borderline kage. WTF? And since his body aged faster, he is attracted to older women like Kurenai and Anko, and they always talks about how big Naruto is "down there"...

The moral is: If you merge with your demon, your body will grow old but your minime will grow bigger and it pleases the ladies.

#23 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:38 AM

the only half demon stories of naruto i enjoy are ones were he slowly turns half demon over like years instead of overnight and where he has to train to even use his new powers kinda like how he had too with the rasengan
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#24 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (Leney @ Nov 5 2007, 11:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did he get a sword, mask and ditch orange? Cause it sounds like 1341231 stories that I've read before. And I always end up reading these stories...I like torturing myself apparently.

There was one overpowered Naruto story that made me wish I wouldn't get flamed if I decided to take the idea and work from it. Because the Naruto was really power crazy. Seriously he had a mental problem. It was extremely creepy and I kept reading to see if the author was really trying to be subversive about the whole super!Naruto cliche.

Turns out that the author wasn't and I had to stop reading because how can you make Naruto's training so creepy and paint it as a good thing.

It was about Naruto getting letters every few months or so from his father (who is dead) and it would include various jutsu and training regimens. Naruto would then drop everything and slavishly follow those instructions to the letter. It was really creepy and seriously I want to write a story about the council trying to turn Naruto into a weapon by manipulating him emotionally through his father.

Damnit, now the idea won't go away. I need to write this. Screw the flames!

Yes and no, to your question. He got a mask, he dressed like a ANBU, but no sword. And the mask had a special catch! He apparently had some sort of deadly stare, that could make people unconcious if he looked at them, so needed the mask--which had a one-way window jutsu cast on it--in order to talk to people. The one time he stared at someone he made them die. *insert Angst here*

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#25 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:15 AM

He apparently had some sort of deadly stare, that could make people unconcious if he looked at them, so needed the mask--which had a one-way window jutsu cast on it--in order to talk to people. The one time he stared at someone he made them die. *insert Angst here*

...You do know that when I said he could make people die with a single look I was being sarcastic? Apparently anything is considered writing these days.

#26 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:32 AM

That... but... so stupid... no.... they... no.... not...

wacko.gif

i understand

they WANT to hurt our brains!

QUICKLY! TO THE BRAIN-MOBILE!
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#27 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Nov 6 2007, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember reading a Metal Gear crossover recently where Naruto met his uncle (who had an english sounding name and was über), and he could beat Zabuza in his first ever real fight. The thing that put me off the most was that he got that cybernetic suit thingie, and then he trained in VR using ARMY SIMS for like.. six years or something, where he didn't move his real body at all. I don't know if there was a pairing in that story or not, since I was quick to discard it.

There's also the stories where he magically grows older because Kyuubi gives him more of his power, and he's like "OMFG, Im leik half dem00n now?1!?!?!!" since the transformation merged the two. But even though he's merged with the most powerful being in the entire narutoverse, he's still only "Elite Jounin level" or borderline kage. WTF? And since his body aged faster, he is attracted to older women like Kurenai and Anko, and they always talks about how big Naruto is "down there"...

The moral is: If you merge with your demon, your body will grow old but your minime will grow bigger and it pleases the ladies.

The sad thing about this, its so true with faniction, i remember seeing one fic like this where his "minime" was bigger than his age, in inches that is, and he was 9 years old at the time, so very strange.

#28 TokehGecko

TokehGecko

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:12 AM

Well, it's true, overpowering Naruto too much is no fun and rather impossible at the same time.

In my stories, I think all of them, Naruto is also overpowered, because I just didn't like the kitten he had to deal with during his childhood. It's no good excuse, of course, but I just enjoy it more when Naruto can do something about it.

But stories where he gets a sudden Bloodline Limit that's more powerful than the Sharingan, Byakugan and Rin'negan (because it's all three in one) is just too lame. When creating a new Bloodline Limit, try to be original. It's hard to be original in fanfiction, I suppose, but it's not even close to impossible.

I like overpowered Naruto. But I don't like it when he's the strongest Shinobi of all Konoha, Fire Country and the entirety of all Existence in a day and a half.

#29 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (No WhereMan @ Nov 6 2007, 02:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and no, to your question. He got a mask, he dressed like a ANBU, but no sword. And the mask had a special catch! He apparently had some sort of deadly stare, that could make people unconcious if he looked at them, so needed the mask--which had a one-way window jutsu cast on it--in order to talk to people. The one time he stared at someone he made them die. *insert Angst here*

I remember reading it, started of eh had a few dramatic points but over all not a very good fic though i did enjoy the procrastation remark naruto had in it lol.

I find there is a alot of Naruto with crazy freaky doujutsu bloodlines. honestly the only bloodline that i can see him aquireing from the kyuubi is like advanced healing and but load of chakra (huh what is that? he already has that my bad lol)

#30 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:38 AM

I don't mind a freaky doujutsu. As long as some effort is put in to make it believable and original.

Seriously, killing people with a glance does not make for some realistic fights. And why are some "original" doujutsu something along these lines:

1.Can see in all directions
2.Has different "levels" and tomoe
3.Can copy hand seals
4.Can predict movement
5.Can see chakra flow

See what I mean? Doujutsu are perfectly fine, but some effort put into coming up with one would be nice.

#31 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

Lol, i'm intrigued, only one likes overpowered naruto right out. 9 votes for yes, only slightly, 9 for no. Interesting. XD

I actually read those super duper overpowered ones for a laugh. Most are pretty gd, though that one, where Naruto kills people by looking at them, that one is just...sigh. Yeah.

Lol, people, i hope what I'm writing isn't overpowered. And no, in my opinion, having a bloodline isn't overpowered. It's merely an added feature and given Kyuubi's demonic nature, changing DNA should be possible, so if well written, i'll accept it.

The Jagan doujutsu i currently WUV the best. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#32 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

I read one recently where Naruto was overpowered but in a believable way.

Orichimaru basically kidnapps naruto when he was five and used him as a test subject so he ends up with like the sharigan, bagyugun,motokon and kimimaru's bone jutsu bloodline. also its a little bit of a dark naruto plot cause he was force to kill someone he saw as a brother

over powered? yes very much so but it does explain how he gets them too

#33 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 7 2007, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, i'm intrigued, only one likes overpowered naruto right out. 9 votes for yes, only slightly, 9 for no. Interesting. XD

I actually read those super duper overpowered ones for a laugh. Most are pretty gd, though that one, where Naruto kills people by looking at them, that one is just...sigh. Yeah.

Lol, people, i hope what I'm writing isn't overpowered. And no, in my opinion, having a bloodline isn't overpowered. It's merely an added feature and given Kyuubi's demonic nature, changing DNA should be possible, so if well written, i'll accept it.

The Jagan doujutsu i currently WUV the best. XD

The Jagan is very nice indeed. While I can't say it's the best doujutsu I've seen, I can say with 100% certainty that it's one of the best in terms of sheer originality alone. The fact that it's not a blend of the Sharingan and Byakugan called the Sharkugan is always a huge plus in my book.

#34 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

I only like overpowered Naruto if its slightly. I hate the demon merging story and then suddenly he's hot and loved by girls even though he looks more fox-like. Also hate crazy bloodlines.

I read one fanfic with Naruto and Rin. In the story, it's suddenly revealed he has the Kaguya bloodline and he gets those stupid dots on his forehead and turns pale like Kimimaro in the next chapter.

#35 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (roninmedia @ Nov 8 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read one fanfic with Naruto and Rin. In the story, it's suddenly revealed he has the Kaguya bloodline and he gets those stupid dots on his forehead and turns pale like Kimimaro in the next chapter.

Haha, that's one of my favourites for some reason. Brown Eyes meets Blue by DarthValgaav. I enjoy that fic, but mostly for the sheer hilarity that happened after Yondaime sealed Rin in a scroll because she was emo after Obito died...

If you read "Nightshade" by Antares Starfire, he has a pretty well developed bloodline (he's rewriting his original story (NarutoKyuubiSakura I think), yet I do feel like the effect of his bloodline is used a couple of times before. But hey, I've read Naruto's bloodline being that of a werewolf, so it's rare to find an original bloodline. "Hive" had a pretty funny bloodline, but sadly the author decided to quit writing because his/her grades took a nosedive (lol).

#36 Tkmacintosh

Tkmacintosh

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:22 PM

Overpowered Naruto.....

One of the worst things I've seen on ff.net......

There was one story of overpowered Naruto that I like is called "All for One" by Vesvius B where Naruto was adopted by all the major clans in Konoha including some of the lesser ones.... like Uchiha, Yamanaka, Akamichi, Nara, Haruno (made into a clan), Inuzuka, Hyuuga, Aburame, and various others.

It was overpowered a little, but it was funny and well written.

He trained hard and worked hard in it.

#37 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

Is that the one where he had every single clan name in Konoha (his name was like... a gazillion miles long)? I remember reading a fic like that, and it was pretty sweet actually. Too bad the author discontinued it, like so many likes to do these days.

#38 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Nov 9 2007, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that the one where he had every single clan name in Konoha (his name was like... a gazillion miles long)? I remember reading a fic like that, and it was pretty sweet actually. Too bad the author discontinued it, like so many likes to do these days.

Lol, that story was nice. Sigh, he discontinues so many fics i've lost count. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#39 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:34 AM

i dont think he discontinued it, he just went on a hiatus... i think... i havent checked in forever.

The one bloodline i haven't seen given to him and done well is the Kaguya bloodline, arguably the greatest bloodline in the narutoverse
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#40 Vyse

Vyse

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

There was one fic where he had the Kaguya bloodline which was wery well written, but the author decided to delete his account and took down all his stories. That happened during the filler period of death, so I really don't remember much from it. But it was well written at least, and the fight scenes were awesome! It didn't get to the part where he were to introduce the pairing though, so it was pure action up to the part were it disappeared.

On the other hand, I still think "Brown Eyes meet Blue" is a pretty good fic, and Naruto's mom is a Kaguya in that fic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users