#21 Traekor

Traekor

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Computing - Games, Reading, Anime

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

As for Sakura being a 'cold heartless b*tch" pre promise of the lifetime - I have to disagree. Yes in episode 3, she claims she 'hates' Naruto, and she seen doubting him (everyone does as their first impression). However, if she was a cold b*tch, would she actually have helped him when he proved her wrong asking her for advice about tree climbing, instead of giving up?

What about how at the written exam? She was prepared to make Sasuke hate her by giving up at the 10th question, just to save Naruto's 'foolish dream'. I don't think a 'heartless b*tch' would do that.

I can definately see signs of their blossoming friendship as early as the wave arc. Sure, she still has some rough edges, but she is one of the few characters who shows concern and care for Naruto's safety and dreams since the beginning of the series. Encounter with Orochimaru? Written exam? Fight with Zabuza? Tree climbing? Preliminaries?

Where is Sakura being a cold heartless b*tch?

At her intro, yes she blows him off and dismisses him to what she knows of him - an irritating nuisance getting in her way of her goal. But soon after her talk with Sasuke, she attempts to correct that behavior with an apologetic tone (though Naruto ruins it). I won't say she's without flaws - and she definately has a lot of rough edges in part one.

But calling her heartless and a b*tch is not giving her any credit to her character. She's one of the most emotional -first to scream for (even Naruto)- characters in the series.

-Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.

#22 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (SkyStrider @ Oct 28 2007, 06:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It would be like saying that Ty Cobb's achievements on the baseball field should make us disregard the fact that he was one of the most notoriously outspoken racists the sports world has ever seen. It's the classic case of people allowing a person's positive changes and achievements to diminish and disregard their past faults and crimes as less than they were. And I, for one, refuse to engage in it.

Sakura didn't commit a crime against humanity for not thanking Naruto; not thanking someone and being a notorious racist are two things on a completely different levels.

Besides, Sakura's not the only person to not thank Naruto. Sasuke didn't thank Naruto, neither did Kakashi, or Jiraiya, or anybody else, even though he was fighting to free Sakura, he also saved Konoha as well.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#23 Traekor

Traekor

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Computing - Games, Reading, Anime

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:21 PM

As for the "thanking" part... at least in the anime, the scene where Sasuke tells her the truth, Sakura considers to bring Naruto part of the snacks she had made while remembering him fondly. While this did not take pass (as he was not in town) - I think it's safe to say she would have shown some measure of gratitude toward him, in the form of friendship.

-Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.

#24 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:13 PM

Anti-Sakuraers drive me up the wall sometimes. I mean, if I had enough confidence to write up a fanfic, I wouldn't bash Hinata and/or Karin even though they're not my favourite characters in the world. I think when you bash a character it reflects on your ability as a writer. If I see this kind of thing, 12 year old Sakura or not, I leave it. Sometimes I might even flame the story, but that just depends on how confrontational I feel.

In regards to 12 year old Sakura, even though a slightly kitteny attitude was in her character early on, she was no where near the kind of person haters make her out to be. I agree with Sqleon that NaruHina and SasuNaru see Sakura as an obstacle, and they seem to be the biggest culprits in this, though any fandom with any bad fanfiction does this.

#25 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 28 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Traekor @ Oct 28 2007, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for Sakura being a 'cold heartless b*tch" pre promise of the lifetime - I have to disagree. Yes in episode 3, she claims she 'hates' Naruto, and she sees doubting him (everyone does as their first impression). However, if she was a cold b*tch, would she actually of helped him when she proved him wrong asking her for advice about tree climbing?

What about how at the written exam? She was prepared to make Sasuke hate her by giving up at the 10th question, just to save Naruto's 'foolish dream'. I don't think a 'heartless b*tch' would do that.

I can definately see signs of their blossoming friendship as early as the wave arc. Sure, she still has some rough edges, but she is one of the few characters who shows concern and care for Naruto's safety and dreams since the beginning of the series. Encounter with Orochimaru? Written exam? Fight with Zabuza? Tree climbing? Preliminaries?

Where is Sakura being a cold heartless b*tch?

At her intro, yes she blows him off and dismisses him to what she knows of him - an irritating nuisance getting in her way of her goal. But soon after her talk with Sasuke, she attempts to correct that behavior with an apologetic tone (though Naruto ruins it). I won't say she's without flaws - and she definately has a lot of rough edges in part one.

But calling her heartless and a b*tch is not giving her any credit to her character. She's one of the most emotional -first to scream for (even Naruto)- characters in the series.

You said the EXACT same words I was about to say. I don't see why people bash Sakura as a cold b*tch when she had done all those things you had mentioned to Naruto. Yes, she dismissed him when talking about loneliness to Sasuke, but she realized she can be nicer when Sasuke told her she was annoying. And everyone's right, Sakura HAS flaws. She is not the character that has to perfect. And Kishi had said this in an interview: "Sakura represents human emotion/flaws."

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26 No WhereMan

No WhereMan

H&E's Dark Knight

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts
  • Interests:Star Wars, Writing, reading, Warhammer, WoW, Naruto, Anime in general. Movies, HK KungFu Movies, D&amp;D, video games (SFIV!!!) and various other things.

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Broken Figurine @ Oct 28 2007, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anti-Sakuraers drive me up the wall sometimes. I mean, if I had enough confidence to write up a fanfic, I wouldn't bash Hinata and/or Karin even though they're not my favourite characters in the world. I think when you bash a character it reflects on your ability as a writer. If I see this kind of thing, 12 year old Sakura or not, I leave it. Sometimes I might even flame the story, but that just depends on how confrontational I feel.

In regards to 12 year old Sakura, even though a slightly kitteny attitude was in her character early on, she was no where near the kind of person haters make her out to be. I agree with Sqleon that NaruHina and SasuNaru see Sakura as an obstacle, and they seem to be the biggest culprits in this, though any fandom with any bad fanfiction does this.

Actually what gets me is, a number of the authors that write these stories, will later claim in their Author Notes that they "love" Sakura as a character, which befuddles me to levels not yet attained. Also what I was also noticing that, in these stories Sakura gets Sasuke, which is fine since I'm not reading a Naru/Saku story in the first place, yet they still make her a b*tch towards Naruto. That's the part that irritates me. I mean if anything if you take part one of the manga alone, the three of them are close, 'best friends for life' type close. A relationship between either of the three of them, won't change that.

I also think the reason why this affects me so much is the fact that originally when i first started with the series, I hated Sakura with a passion. I thought she was shallow, annoying fangirl and didn't deserve someone like Naruto. But through the course of the series, the Forest in the Chuu-nin exam when she faces against the Sound trio and her fight with Ino. I slowly grew to love the girl despite her faults. I think outside of Naruto, Sakura is one of the more in depth characters in the series and its a shame that so many people can be so negative to such a great character.

And to piggy-back onto what Derock said, I think Sakura is one of the more realistic characters in the series, emotionally.

batman-arkham-city-wallpaper-wallpaper-0xl_batman_arkham_origins_logo.jpg

#27 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:53 PM

By the way, here's where SkyStrider and I went into deeper "discussion" on whether Part One Sakura deserved the bashing.

#28 SkyStrider

SkyStrider

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Oct 27 2007, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know.

And I don't see what confuses you about our position. We've established that at great length already, although I'll add that I came to my own position long before I'd read any chapters from part two (although not before they came out because I was way behind and just getting into the manga then).

Do we really have to repeat this entire argument again?

Nah, it's alright. I think we know we we each stand, and there's not really much that we can say that hasn't already been said at great length, nor do I think there's anything new to say that can change the other's opinions. smile.gif

SkyStrider

#29 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

There are many stories that are like that. But I think most try to use it as a plot devise to get Naruto to move on. But I have seen it in some NaruSaku stories though I don't agree with it, since Sakura was only really b*tchy during the begining of the manga.

What i find strange is when a NaruSaku story has her revert back to her 12 year old self over Sasuke with out any explaination.
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

#30 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:06 AM

What SkyStrider said somewhere on the first page here is why people hate Sakura or why Anti-NaruSakuers hate NaruSaku, which is highly confusing since SkyStrider said he likes NaruSaku tongue.gif

#31 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:34 AM

The thing is people that Sakura have no idea that it's not canon Sakura they're hating. It's just that the version of Sakura they made up that they are hating. It's like an OC shaped like Sakura, it's pointless.

The reasons they give are pretty lame sometimes, though they do have valid points. Canon Sakura can go both ways. BUt to outright say she does something is stupid. It's not too polite is it?

Damn it, been arguing with Andrew and Rick for ages. Lol. XD
You try to know everything , yet in the end, you truly understand nothing ....
Wilson's fanfic account : weixuan18

Witness teh awesomness that is Deidara Lover!!! <3

#32 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 3 2007, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The thing is people that Sakura have no idea that it's not canon Sakura they're hating. It's just that the version of Sakura they made up that they are hating. It's like an OC shaped like Sakura, it's pointless.

The reasons they give are pretty lame sometimes, though they do have valid points. Canon Sakura can go both ways. BUt to outright say she does something is stupid. So Sakura bashers basically are a bunch of dumbasses with nothing better to do.

Damn it, been arguing with Andrew and Rick for ages. Lol. XD

There version of Sakura is a twisted and warped version from only watching the anime (where her beating Naruto is used alot more) and reading too much crap fanfiction where Sakura does something bad, if people continue making stupid fanfics, she will continue to be hated.

Also, i highly disagree when you say they have valid points, however you already know that lol.

#33 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

Some of it probably stems from the anime fillers also. Notice how Sakura is portrayed more like her younger pre-wave self in the few fillers she was in. It wasn't until episode 200 up that she seemed to be how the canon manga made her. If one never read the part one manga, they would think she was a childish shallow girl only after "Her Sasuke-kun!" so yea i blame alot of it on the backslide she does in the anime fillers

#34 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Interests:Lol, er, Manga, Anime, games and stuff. <br /><br />Also, writer in fanfiction.net. Go by the name weixuan18.

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:14 PM

Well, i would say that because, the manga and anime gives the feeling that the characters are basically mature teenagers when they are only twelve. Face it, they are mere kids.

We who watch, well mainly 15-17 or above. Of course, there are younger ones, but we tend to look at what they do as though they are 17 year olds. As in, gah, rambling.

Erm, right, i dun know about u guys, but i forgot how dumb i acted when i was 12. So in a way, some feel that the way Sakura bashes Naruto for idiotic reasons is stupid, when it could be totally reasonable.

It's weird, the hate. I don't approve of it, but seriously those guys have some wild imagination.

Lol, i dun think whatever i said makes that much sense.....

#35 Grizzly1

Grizzly1

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (SkyStrider @ Oct 28 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not about Naruto looking for thanks, and it never was. The entire point behind thanking someone who does you a favor is not giving them what they expect, but rather showing your appreciation for what they've done for you regardless of whether they were looking for or not. To thank someone for risking their life in order to save yours is to show appreciation of both them and the act. To fail to do so is a clear sign of showing a lack of such appreciation. And someone who sees a person they consider a "true friend" risk their own lives to save them would never show such a lack of appreciation. Yet Sakura, despite every little supposed display of "growth" she showed up to that point, clearly couldn't be bothered to respect their relationship for even that much. Therefore, she's doesn't consider Naruto a friend. It's that simple.

SkyStrider

i think its just an anime thing, i mean even after naruto came back after two years of training they kinda just stared at each other in evaluation, i was expecting at least a hug, like regular friends do after not seeing each other for a long time. Especially opposite sex friends. IDK i thought that scene was socially unfinished and i think it applies to going on thankless back in the post gaara battle.

#36 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

Well, they are kinda shy probably. They didn't leave on the best note. I mean Sakura was like, SAVE SASUKE-KUN FOR ME. Naruto failed to do that.

The fillers dun count. DX Gay fillers.
BUt anyways, yeah, that moment was kinda cute. XD

#37 jim1982

jim1982

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:22 AM

though there was one filler that Sakura was in a nurses uniform and does a flirty pose saying don't i look good or hot to Naruto with out any mention of Sasuke lol

But yea the older audiance probably does think of them as older, though in comparison to my own experiance, i know alot of people that hadn't changed to much between 12-17. so that doesn't help people think that Sakura will ever be more than a paris Hilton type

#38 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (jim1982 @ Nov 5 2007, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
though there was one filler that Sakura was in a nurses uniform and does a flirty pose saying don't i look good or hot to Naruto with out any mention of Sasuke lol

But yea the older audiance probably does think of them as older, though in comparison to my own experiance, i know alot of people that hadn't changed to much between 12-17. so that doesn't help people think that Sakura will ever be more than a paris Hilton type

The difference is Sakura has already been shown to change, just look at part 2.

#39 Wilson

Wilson

My burden...my life.....

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

Oh, right, I keep forgetting girls mature earlier. LOL.

Well, really, don't they change somewhat from 12-17?

I changed heaps! XD

BUt that's beside the point. Even so, really, you pointed out that one scene. (I didn't see that one. DX)
The others, or namely the Sakura bashers will not just favour that ONE over loads of other scenes where the two share awkward moments.

It's sort of a quantity thing for them. Which makes it so weird. Quality or quantity eh? But they just don't get it.

#40 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Wilson @ Nov 6 2007, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, right, I keep forgetting girls mature earlier. LOL.

Well, really, don't they change somewhat from 12-17?

I changed heaps! XD

BUt that's beside the point. Even so, really, you pointed out that one scene. (I didn't see that one. DX)
The others, or namely the Sakura bashers will not just favour that ONE over loads of other scenes where the two share awkward moments.

It's sort of a quantity thing for them. Which makes it so weird. Quality or quantity eh? But they just don't get it.

That comes back to the anime playing up the bashing, theres alot more crap in the anime then the manga. And the scene ive seen them favour is usually where Naruto has come back from VoTE, and they rewrite it to make Sakura be pissed off at Naruto for no reason. Ah well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users