• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#41 twilight guardian

twilight guardian

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Inuyasha, Gundam Wing/Seed, Tsubasa Chronicles, Slayers, Drawing, writing, singing, others

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:13 AM

I haven't read every single post because I'm a lazy little.... person for lack of a better word lol, so I'm going to just say it.

I honestly never heard of Ino/Naruto until coming here, and while I lean towards NaruxSaku InoxShika, it would be interesting to check out.

#42 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:42 AM

For a crack pairing, I think it has a decent following. I had never considered it until I read Alden and Sunfreaks work. Authors like Kaara (one of the premire authors of this pairing IMO) and Kraken's Ghost have helped move it along.

#43 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:58 AM

Darkwindkaze's a bring proponent of this pairing as well. It's got to be my second favorite pairing of all Naruto-dom.
Shame he took ... Black Destiny? off of the FF.net page.

As far as pairing preferences, there's NaruSaku, then NaruIno, then NaruKurenai... and I guess the rest just kind of fall in together near the end.

#44 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:06 AM

Well, I would have said NaruTen had a stronger following than NaruKurenai, but I'm not so sure anymore. I know antiassassinguy had a lot to do with that. He seems to have improved quite a bit as a writer since his first few fics.

Yeah, its too bad about Black Destiny, but DarkWindKaze said he hated so much about that fic. I think he also has a couple of one-shots that involve NaruIno. He also started one that pairs Sasuke and Hanabi.

#45 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:08 AM

SO this explains why I couldnt find Black Destiny, Ive been doing fruiless searches for months whener I remmebered about it, too bad..

Naru/Anything is alright, as long as its well writing and not a Male/Male

#46 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Shriner @ Oct 3 2006, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For a crack pairing, I think it has a decent following. I had never considered it until I read Alden and Sunfreaks work. Authors like Kaara (one of the premire authors of this pairing IMO) and Kraken's Ghost have helped move it along.

Yeah, Alden and Kaara are the NaruIno versions of some of our authors here, I think.

Garbage is starting up on NaruIno, but it's still not as bad as the NaruSaku section D=

#47 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:27 AM

Well, you could check his Live Journal Starlight, maybe its there.

I would agree Joham, its not where NaruSaku is but I think the quality has dipped a bit in recent months. I have a harder time finding a good NaruIno than I did in the past. Oh and speaking of Kaara she's updated her 30kisses story.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3038743/1/

#48 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:22 AM

NaruIno's preatty good, fanfics are great... *coughcough*crackenantiassasin*

Personally, I go for NaruXAnygirl, but no Tsunade, it's to damn creepy! I see them as brothers and sisters! not lovers... Those fics SCARE me!

There's a preatty good NaruInosakura harem fic out, and i'll get a link as soon as I can!

#49 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:16 AM

Idiotic Reasons has been updated. Check this story out, I BEG YOU. XD

Chapter 6

#50 puckreathof

puckreathof

The Old Lion grows weary...

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 06:48 AM

Sorry on the Livejournal. He does have progress markers for his fics, but no sign of Black Destiny. Admittedly, even if he did make some of the usual beginner fanfic writer mistakes, like the powerful OC, stepping in to make Naruto a bit better off, and all the other stuf, it was still a great story, conceptually, and written.

MY favorite part of the story is that the Kyuubi is BONED! entirely. That the story is Naruto and how he alone can get stronger. I've come to hate the plot device where Kyuubi decides to offer assistasnce and free boosts and such. (No offense to desaix, I believe he was early on with the device, and he's used it tastefully, correctly, much like Kaze used his OC well). Seriously, though, the fact that it's all about how powerful Naruto can be without the handicap/assistance provided by the fox is awesome. Plus, Naruto manages to develop a meaningful relationship with Ino, who also becomes kick-ass-y.

and Sasuke manages to kill Kimimaro (he really steps in at the end) Kabuto (cheer!) and Shino, who last time was left out of the Sound Five thing, gets to go up against Kidomarou and Orochimaru dies. I mean, dude! I also think Kisame dies to a Rasengan, although it is unsaid whether it happens to be one of Naruto's or Jiraiya's. The fight is like a freakin' silly Kakashi/OC/Jiraiya/NarutArmy/Gai vs Kisame fight. Naruto's not there. Just his clone army. Pretty nuts. and the last chapter is Naruto and Ino totally banging. WHICH is located on the livejournal somewhere. Kaze, as the OC was named, did have some funny ideas for helping Sasuke to loosen up. Like, fake bumping into Kurenai and then grab her behind. HE also told him to lick Sakura's forehead, real funny stuff

As far as the NaruKurenai, yeah, it's all from antiassassinguy and his great writing. I think he's done the only good Kakashi raises Naruto fic I've ever read. Sadly. I mean, even though some fics go the opposite direction and have Kakashi totally not care, I think the guy's just a little bit less of an emotional cripple than Sasuke and so has trouble showing he cares. Although Foxhound by Kraken's Ghost, another NaruIno that may have already been mentioned, has the, in my opinion, (which is now moot or wrong since Kakashi does know the Rasengan) best scene of Naruto ever getting angry with someone. Specifically, Kakashi. Ripped up one side down the other.

Another great NaruIno is (or maybe NaruTenten) Bloodlines by theSOCPuppet. This is another fic that involves Naruto getting strong on his own, not using the damn fox unless it's ABSOLUTELY necessary. The last chapter or two got a little weird, disconnected, but it may be because he has big gaps in between updates. He also has a funny one on his homepage called Cool as a Fox, which is Naruto raised by Genma, Hayata, Kotetzu and Izumo. Mostly Genma. Promises to be NaruIno as well. That about covers it, for now. There's one out there, I don't remember the name too well, where it's actually NaruSaku, but Naruto and Ino have a bit of a one-night-stand, and bam, Ino is puregnant! Serious trouble for our hero in that one. Accidents Can Happen to You, I think.

#51 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (puckreathof @ Oct 4 2006, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry on the Livejournal. He does have progress markers for his fics, but no sign of Black Destiny. Admittedly, even if he did make some of the usual beginner fanfic writer mistakes, like the powerful OC, stepping in to make Naruto a bit better off, and all the other stuf

eheh... sweatdrop.gif no idea what you're talking about...

#52 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:52 PM

DarkWindKaze's fic, Black Destiny. He removed from it ff.net so I thought he might have kept a copy in his LiveJournal and puck was saying it's no there.

#53 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:54 AM

There is a new NaruIno fic out called Naruto: Altered History written by Geor-Sama.

The fic was actually written for a contest that Kraken's Ghost held. He already has like twelve chapters written I believe, but he's only updating one chapter on the 10/11th of every month :\.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#54 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 18 October 2006 - 05:40 AM

Even though at heart I am a NaruSaku fan NaruIno is intriguing to me.

uc.png

#55 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

NaruIno is just the same as Narusaku in my opinion. Both Sakura and Ino are very... painful to work with, although Sakura is a bit more toned down while Ino is a tomboy... By the way, is DarkWindKaze still on ff.net? I tried looking him up but he won't show up.

#56 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:11 AM

well, i mean ino and sakura are alike, just like naruto and sasuke are. it builds upon the whole rivarly thing.

#57 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:02 AM

After reading chapter 238...this partucular convo between Asuma and Ino really stuck out for me.
アスマ「いの・・・お前は気が強いが・・・面倒見のいい子だ・・・チョウジもシカマルも・・・こいつら不器用だからな・・・頼む・・・」
Asuma: Ino…you’re really spirited…but you’re really responsible…Chouji and Shikamaru…are both pretty inept…so watch over them…

いの「・・・・はい・・・・」
Ino: …..Yeah…

アスマ「それから・・・サクラには負けんなよ・・・忍術も恋もな・・・」
Asuma: And…don’t you lose to Sakura…in ninjutsu or in love…

*hoping for NaruIno to be a 'canon' contender* XD

#58 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Oct 21 2006, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Asuma: Ino…you’re really spirited…but you’re really responsible…Chouji and Shikamaru…are both pretty inept…so watch over them…

いの「・・・・はい・・・・」

If Kishimoto has Ino fall for Naruto just so she can compete with Sakura I'll lose all respect for the character.

uc.png

#59 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Oct 20 2006, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JoHamSandwich @ Oct 21 2006, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

いの「・・・・はい・・・・」

If Kishimoto has Ino fall for Naruto just so she can compete with Sakura I'll lose all respect for the character.

...weeeell...that depends. If she just out of nowhere falls for Naruto, then yeah, but if there's a GOOD development there, it's all great to me.

But I think it's going to be SaiIno...but if NaruIno happens, I'll be okay with it (as long as it's not NaruHina D=)

#60 Angel

Angel

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • Interests:Music, Books, Video Games, Magic the Gathering, eating healthy and exercising.

Posted 21 October 2006 - 04:34 PM

lol I cant see SaiIno happening even in a fanfiction, remmeber, he told her the opposite of what he thought of her

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users